• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to kickstart GAF server upgrade?

Honestly, I am really worried about E3; this is my MOST anticipated E3 EVAR, and I definitely don't want to miss being at the GAF, specially during big 3 conferences :) And 500 errors have been pretty common recently.

is it possible? is Evilore willing? Should we be worried?

edit: sorry, wrong section :(

Honestly, I am really worried about E3; this is my MOST anticipated E3 EVAR, and I definitely don't want to miss being at the GAF, specially during big 3 conferences :) And 500 errors have been pretty common recently.

is it possible? is Evilore willing? Should we be worried?

edit: sorry, wrong section :(

Seems pretty late in the Game for a server change, E3 is very close not sure how long it would take to fully implement something like that.

I always wondered how GAF is funded, Does Ad revenue really make that much money.
Im curious as to why all the 500 and 503 errors are happening aswell lately.

Bring Gif avatars back for E3, crash the internet.

edgefusion

A kickstart isn't what would be needed but rather constant cash-flow. Servers are money over time, not a single investment.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm really curious why this is your most anticipated E3. This will likely be the worst one in the past 5 years.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
A kickstart isn't what would be needed but rather constant cash-flow. Servers are money over time, not a single investment.
Depends really. For all we know the current servers are owned by Neogaf and they pay a monthly fee for 1/4 (or 1/2 or whatever) of a rack somewhere. In that case servers are a flat fee, as long as the new ones don't take more rack space the old ones ;)
I didn't see much 500 errors lately, but I had a few instance of the site not being reachable at all during a few hours since the beginning of the year.
I'm really curious why this is your most anticipated E3. This will likely be the worst one in the past 5 years.
His post history show a "mild" interest in the Wii U, so it figures.

Top Bottom