• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wouldn't expect them to do that. Tone is a really fun paradigm. I'd expect something like lower damage on her 40mm or the missles, higher number of hits for lock-on, or an alteration to her sonar, keeping in line with whatever they do to the map hack/pulse blade.

Yeah, changing lock on or the pulse seems the way to go for me. She's just too good at everything now, doesn't help she is the best pilot killer on top of it all.

I had the same number in EU, but then I switched data centers and I got the normal +/-600 again.

now it's 70. Damn i'm just hoping it's because of the IW/MWR release. If people dont come back to TF2 i'm going to be really bummed. I'm not going to just creep farm Attrition or BH :(

soultron

Banned
Actually, Map Hack only showing stationary players would be lovely ;)
The inverse of that might be interesting; Map Hack only shows moving enemy targets, limited to [X] pings that last [Y] seconds between pings, total of [Z] seconds uptime, highlighting fades rapidly between pings. It'd be interesting if the Jammer Boost could cancel it entirely too.

SwolBro

Banned
is more amo customization for guns not giving it increased mag size and just MORE amo? because for some reason when i check the difference in game it still says the same amount. there's also no stat change in the menus either, for anything.

what's going on here?

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/794628600355950592

ok, so map hack nerf, tone and legion adjustments. i hope they don't go overboard though and ruin them. it's small tweaks Respawn, small tweaks.

is more amo customization for guns not giving it increased mag size and just MORE amo? because for some reason when i check the difference in game it still says the same amount. there's also no stat change in the menus either, for anything.

what's going on here?
For primaries extra ammo do increase magazine size, for anti Titan it is overall ammo since you actually have limited ammo on these.

This fucking game needs about six more ways for people to see me through walls....

I'm slowly cooling on this MP. I feel like so many times that I die it's kinda cheap.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

what's going on here?

ok, so map hack nerf, tone and legion adjustments. i hope they don't go overboard though and ruin them. it's small tweaks Respawn, small tweaks.

Honestly if they were to just drop map hack entirely I'd be totally fine with that. Then again I hate Xray abilities in any MP game, just not a fan of people head shotting me the moment I come around a corner.

Izuna

Banned
The inverse of that might be interesting; Map Hack only shows moving enemy targets, limited to [X] pings that last [Y] seconds between pings, total of [Z] seconds uptime, highlighting fades rapidly between pings. It'd be interesting if the Jammer Boost could cancel it entirely too.

No I don't want to be forced from moving in any game...

what's going on here?

I'm gonna guess Legion's minigun will be changed to a cooldown.

Jito

Banned
Honestly if they were to just drop map hack entirely I'd be totally fine with that. Then again I hate Xray abilities in any MP game, just not a fan of people head shotting me the moment I come around a corner.

Totally, it's a cheap ability for scrubs who need a crutch.

Schlorgan

What if it pinged every few seconds and every ping showed an outline of where the players are at the time, but the outline is static until the next ping?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
now it's 70. Damn i'm just hoping it's because of the IW/MWR release. If people dont come back to TF2 i'm going to be really bummed. I'm not going to just creep farm Attrition or BH :(

Really doubt it. I assumed IW would affect TF2, but nope. 20K players now which is the same yesterday. Good news since some people assumed player base would drop with IW.

I personally haven't touched IW yet. Haven't even finished downloading it yet. XD

Really doubt it. I assumed IW would add TF2, but nope. 20K players now which is the same yesterday. Good news since some people assumed player base would drop with IW.

I personally haven't touched IW yet. Haven't even finished downloading it yet. XD

IW is OK but MW:R is better. TF2 is better that both but shit it's frustrating to find matches sometimes and the lag... ugh. :/

Jito

Banned
Man Respawn... i love your game but what is up with the netcode (or whatever it is)? Laggiest major FPS on the console market currently.

Phew glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was going insane. My ping randomly fluctuates between a steady 50 up to 200+. It's infuriating.

Phew glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was going insane. My ping randomly fluctuates between a steady 50 up to 200+. It's infuriating.

Not you at all. Just about every match i'm in you hear the randoms complain it seems like a universal problem for the most part.

KorrZ

Had a rough start to my first few matches tonight but picked it back up in my second half of games. Still have yet to be able to put this game down the first time I say to myself "one more match"

Schlorgan

Had a rough start to my first few matches tonight but picked it back up in my second half of games. Still have yet to be able to put this game down the first time I say to myself "one more match"

I played some this morning before work and it's dominated my thoughts since I left home.

Level 17, I think.

SwolBro

Banned

Just like the first game it takes a few games to get into a groove.

SwolBro

Banned
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/...fall-2-server-update-10-29-pc-x1-ps4/p1?new=1

• 11.04.2016 Server Update

Map Hack:
  • Rebalanced Map Hack so that player locations will now pulse instead of always on. We'll continue to look into this boost and will modify it further if it continues to cause frustration.

Titan Balancing:
  • - Rebalanced Legion.
  • - Rebalanced Tone.
  • Due to player feedback we’ve tweaked the balancing on both of these Titans. We’ll continue to watch player feedback and address as needed.

Pilot Changes:
  • - Anti-Titan and Grenadier weapons once again restore ammo when embarking into your Titan.
  • - Rebalanced Amped LMGs .

Last Titan Standing:
  • - Fixed an issue with bad start spawns on Exoplanet.
  • - Fixed an issue that was causing round 1 to start while people were still connecting.

Menus:
  • - Fixed an issue with camos that would result in players not being able to clear the "NEW" message.

Last but not least…You can now play Private Match Solo!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If that all dropped at the same time I've been playing post map hack
change and tone/legion felt the exact same.

Strider

uuuuhhh. So what are the Legion and Tone changes? That's kinda important to know lol

But on a different note... It's only a few days after launch and they are already making slight changes. Nothing is gonna get nuked and they'll keep an eye on it. Straight up I'm pretty happy about the swiftness and that type of balancing.

SwolBro

Banned
uuuuhhh. So what are the Legion and Tone changes? That's kinda important to know lol

But on a different note... It's only a few days after launch and they are already making slight changes. Nothing is gonna get nuked and they'll keep an eye on it. Straight up I'm pretty happy about the swiftness and that type of balancing.

agreed but they should have detailed the damn change. And why no U.I change to the game modes being on one page?

Strider

agreed but they should have detailed the damn change. And why no U.I change to the game modes being on one page?

Yes for sure... No idea why they would exclude something like that.

And I imagine map hack will get further nerfs lol but it's a start. I hope the tone adjustment was for sonar...

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/...fall-2-server-update-10-29-pc-x1-ps4/p1?new=1

• 11.04.2016 Server Update

Map Hack:
  • Rebalanced Map Hack so that player locations will now pulse instead of always on. We'll continue to look into this boost and will modify it further if it continues to cause frustration.

Titan Balancing:
  • - Rebalanced Legion.
  • - Rebalanced Tone.
  • Due to player feedback we’ve tweaked the balancing on both of these Titans. We’ll continue to watch player feedback and address as needed.

Pilot Changes:
  • - Anti-Titan and Grenadier weapons once again restore ammo when embarking into your Titan.
  • - Rebalanced Amped LMGs .

Last Titan Standing:
  • - Fixed an issue with bad start spawns on Exoplanet.
  • - Fixed an issue that was causing round 1 to start while people were still connecting.

Menus:
  • - Fixed an issue with camos that would result in players not being able to clear the "NEW" message.

Last but not least…You can now play Private Match Solo!

Well, still get constant map hacks and sonar blades so it's cool they're listening, really is... but god map hack just needs to go. Went up against a team that seemed to all be using map hack and sonar blades. It was constant wall hax and the game went as shitty as you'd expect.

KorrZ

I noticed the map hack change when I was playing not too long ago, but didn't notice anything different with Tone? Maybe slightly weaker Salvo Core? I did kind of notice not insta killing Titans with it.

Synless

I went ahead and purchased this. Everything I saw looked too good to pass up on. Sorry Battlefield and CoD, this is the shooter I get this year.

Just had a join in progress and we were down by quite a bit. It ended up 500-499. All me ofc! This game has some bad people. Like the G2 on my team had 4 kills/1 titan/8 minions.

SwolBro

Banned
Just had a join in progress and we were down by quite a bit. It ended up 500-499. All me ofc! This game has some bad people. Like the G2 on my team had 4 kills/1 titan/8 minions.

the game is hard for a lot of people. this isn't COD.so there's not many GOOD people in Titanfall.

i played a team full of destiny "pros" earlier today. one of them is a big destiny streamer, he was absolutely horrid at the game. one of them was pretty good though. either it clicks or it doesn't.

i guess it's the speed, and verticality people can't handle.

Nbz

Played from level 7 to 13 tonight, MAN it's so much damn fun. I really hope people stick with the PC version because I really don't want this to die early

B00TE

Whoa, solo private matches? I never thought it would happen. Glad to be wrong about that, though.

Same, this is the most hype thing for me right now. Been wanting to mess around with grapple and try fancy swinging without getting shot at, but I had to keep grabbing a friend to do so. Thank you Respawn!

KorrZ

One thing I have to say.. I bought this game and BF1 at the same time and I probably should have played BF1 first. Trying to go back now is just...fuck. It feels so slow, I just wanna move!

Top Bottom