• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I played my first coliseum match. That was...boring. Would be nice if we had real guns, but I guess it'd be over too fast...? I dunno.

They need to get rid of the bunny hop mess that is coliseum. I mean how much cooler would it be to have some paintball field style small cover obstacles arranged symmetrically around the circle map and drop each player from a transport down onto the map with a set loadout of random weapons... both the same for each pilot. One match could be CARs with phase shift... next might be 201's with fire stars holo... another Mastifs with stim.

Would be much better than what it is now.

SwolBro

Banned
I played my first coliseum match. That was...boring. Would be nice if we had real guns, but I guess it'd be over too fast...? I dunno.

They need to get rid of the bunny hop mess that is coliseum. I mean how much cooler would it be to have some paintball field style small cover obstacles arranged symmetrically around the circle map and drop each player from a transport down onto the map with a set loadout of random weapons... both the same for each pilot. One match could be CARs with phase shift... next might be 201's with fire stars holo... another Mastifs with stim.

it's a lot of fun. not sure what you guys are complaining about. you have the actual game to "hide behind obstacles and use real guns" duh
and you do realize you can bounce off the invisible walls right? you can't fall off the map.

That does sound much more fine. I'd play that for certain. All the hopping around is exactly what I hate.

Gator86

the game is hard for a lot of people. this isn't COD.so there's not many GOOD people in Titanfall.

i played a team full of destiny "pros" earlier today. one of them is a big destiny streamer, he was absolutely horrid at the game. one of them was pretty good though. either it clicks or it doesn't.

i guess it's the speed, and verticality people can't handle.

People are fucking trash at this game, but mostly on my team. I spend most games just screaming obscenities at the TV now while I rack up 150 a game in Attrition and lose 500-300. The worst is when you and randoms get matched with a premade. It's just miserable. I saw a guy somehow firestar himself in the crotch and die last match right before 3 dudes swarmed me.

nOoblet16

I finished the campaign in one sitting today, it's ok...don't really get the Half Life comparison. The only bits I liked were the only missions I liked were Effect and Cause, and The Beacon...rest felt pretty ho hum. Also went through the entire campaign without even knowing about the grappling hook. I didn't see much media for this game so didn't remember it was in the game until I tried multiplayer and I still don't know how to use it efficiently without breaking pace.

As for the multiplayer, the matches are over too damn quickly imo, even hard point lasts like 5 minutes. And what's up with so many corridor maps? I want more maps like Boneyard, Angel City, Colony and Fracture, one only ones in Titanfall 2 that are kind of like that are Forwardbase Kodai, Boomtown and Exoplanet.

Anyways I laugh at people who just sit inside a house crouched with the cloak and just kill people there. I mean someone you bought this game to do that?

SkylineRKR

Titans are cheap to buy prematurely though. Playing Legion earlier isn't that difficult.

Did some mixtape, pretty fun.

LTS was me as Ion and 4x Tone lol. We swept the match. They were also Tones and legion and I catched their barrages. Pilot v Pilot is fun, because the pilot gameplay is so solid. But those map hacks, holy shit. CTF is okay too, though not sure on Titans being in there is a good thing. Managed to do a capture.

This game actually made me better at BF1 lol. Because someone here wanted to check BF1 out and the turning speed etc felt bad after TF2 so I ramped it up and played much better.

I feel like too many people were pissed about the wallhacks and tracking, which... is kind of her gimmick.

You don't have to change what Tone is, but refinement was needed. I haven't played since the update yet, but Salvo didn't come to mind when talking about Tone nerfs.

Now Legion's core on the other hand...

Wensih

Got the game off a Redbox for $3.83 after hearing the praise. I'm hoping to blow through the campaign tonight. I'm waiting for installation to finish up.

hlhbk

Anyone know how to remove the film grain on PC? I literally can't stand it so I haven't played more than 5 minutes of the game.

Reason why there aren't real patch notes for Tone and Legion

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/..._live_tone_legion_map_hack_balancing/d9mdcsj/

The reason why we are not giving you folks specific details on the balancing is because we want you to just play and feel it out and let us know if it works.

Telling you numbers and details could color your expectations before you play and then you're going into the game with a set perception. I've heard of all kinds of ideas of how to balance Legion and Tone for example and if we tweaked something that wasn't what you wanted, you're going in already thinking we did the wrong thing. We want you to go in with open mind and feel it out. You guys know were all about feel.

Let's try this out for now and see how it works.

Kaji AF16

One thing I have to say.. I bought this game and BF1 at the same time and I probably should have played BF1 first. Trying to go back now is just...fuck. It feels so slow, I just wanna move!

I bought Battlefield 1 first, because of my love for the series and my interest in WW1. That said, after testing TF2 at a friend´s house, I feel regret. Not for the vast difference in speed or movement, even if I know that BF1 is very conservative in that regard.

The Battlefield community will be very active for at least 2 o 3 years. The MP population dedicated to Titanfall will surely fade away faster.

Top Bottom