• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Revas

New outfits and helmets would be dope. Dont really like the look of Cloak guy and gal

This certainly needs to happen. Luckily the phase shift pilot is not as goofy as the stim pilot, but I'd like more customization either way. I think they made the cloak pilots look clunky to make up for how boss the ability is in use.

Canadian

I use Tone exclusively and find her to work best for my play style. Being able to one shot pilots from long distance never gets old. She also has great attack against titans, 40mm + rockets behind a shield is very powerful. If I'm lucky and have a salvo the enemy titan is almost a guarantee kill.

I played a bit this morning but didn't notice any differences with Tone. I do appreciate that Respawn is listening and reacting to feedback. It helps to find a Titan that matches your play style and try to play to their strengths.

What does seem a little odd is being able to call in a Titan directly after nuclear ejecting and killing an enemy titan. I mean sure I'll take the Titan but I feel a little dirty doing it. I guess playing against skilled players that perk wouldn't be so useful.

NuKERxyz

Can someone please tell me the population on xbox1 now. I got the game on PC and ps4, my brother wants to buy it on xbox one and we share accounts so just to have an idea, thanks.

Mupod

I like giving away batteries because you get a fuck ton of charge for your own Titan timer. Although last night I tried giving a doomed titan a battery and he started screaming on voice NOT to give him one...

JaMarco

New outfits and helmets would be dope. Dont really like the look of Cloak guy and gal
This certainly needs to happen. Luckily the phase shift pilot is not as goofy as the stim pilot, but I'd like more customization either way. I think they made the cloak pilots look clunky to make up for how boss the ability is in use.
I actually laughed when I saw cloak guy.
i wish stim dude wasn't a robot
Yeah, my fave looking dude was the Sonar and Hologram guy.

Wish I could use stim with em. Man I hope I can play it next week.
It's one of my biggest problems with the multiplayer. Having recognizable classes for pilots is pointless because the engagements end in a split second anyway.

And the cloak pilot looks so awful I don't even want to play as it, and I don't care for ever being a robot. I wish I could just choose how I look :(

Izuna

Banned
I think a Respawn guy said on here that Angel City will just be a graphic update and the layout will be exactly the same.

I'm cynical.

A real Angel City would be too delicious.

Anyway Best-buy won't give me my pre-order codes. I got the digital codes from them way back.

--

I have learned that for Bounty Hunt, it's better to "stack" batteries with the Free Battery boost. There have been plenty of times I have a battery I picked up and two in reserve. So I can use two ob my titan, and another on a teammates for charge, then unlock another one.

gt86

After finishing the tf2 campaign, I don't even want to pick back up on the cod iw campaign. Cod has gotten so boring.

Sou Da

Cloak looks fine, and iirc in the beta the grapple pilot was the stim pilot until people complained about how much they didn't want to be a grapplebot.

Toa TAK

Banned
After finishing the tf2 campaign, I don't even want to pick back up on the cod iw campaign. Cod has gotten so boring.
I think it's a nice compliment to it. Titanfall owns in the gameplay department, but the story and characterization in CODIW make the campaign great, and it's fun in its own right as it's one of the best in the series.

Plus, it's also really interesting to compare these two studio's recent output considering their history.

Sou Da

I dunno, I don't feel the TTK is too low. I can still turn around and kill a dude pretty easily, I just feel the hit registration has improved from TF1.

Vic_Viper

What do the Mountain Dew/Doritos codes get me and what products do I need to buy? Ive heard that the cans dont have codes but the bottles do. Is there a list somewhere showing which products have what? I really dont care about Northstar skins so if thats all it is then its not worth it.

Is that really the only way to play the Colosseum mode?

Edit: From Reddit:

Ion Warpaint

Customize the Ion Titan with DEW® and DORITOS® themed Warpaint.

Entry to the Coliseum

Gain entrance to the Coliseum and compete one on one with other players.

Early Ronin Unlock

Get early access to the mighty Ronin Titan.

Pilot Execution

The ‘In Your Face’ Pilot Execution allows you to perform a devastating finishing move on enemy pilots.

Target® Camo

Customize any Titan, Pilot or Weapon with Target® themed Camo. See below for details.

Other notes:

20oz Mountain Dew Products and 3oz Doritos Products give you 1, 2XP Match Token and 1, Coliseum Ticket

Select 12, 24 and 36 packs of Mountain Dew give you 2, 2XP Match Tokens and 2, Coliseum Ticket

There special sticker Mountain Dew and Doritos products at Wal-Mart that give you 3, 2XP Match Tokens and 3, Coliseum Ticket

At Target, there are special Mountain Dew and Doritos items with stickers that give you 1, 2XP Match Tokens and 1, Coliseum Ticket, and an exclusive Target skin.

Revas

Really unfortunate that the battery mechanic hasn't caught on. I try to keep my team mates charged up, I won't survive long in Northstar if all the Tones and Legions on my team are doomed. It's a great feeling when someone gives you a battery, and it feels really crummy when an enemy pulls your battery, is subsequently killed and a teammate picks it up and deposits in THEIR Titan. Really grinds my gears.

JaMarco

Cloak looks fine, and iirc in the beta the grapple pilot was the stim pilot until people complained about how much they didn't want to be a grapplebot.
I don't want to be a stimbot either though, I don't want to be forced to be a bot at all...

Menitta

What do the Mountain Dew/Doritos codes get me and what products do I need to buy? Ive heard that the cans dont have codes but the bottles do. Is there a list somewhere showing which products have what? I really dont care about Northstar skins so if thats all it is then its not worth it.

Is that really the only way to play the Colosseum mode?

I'm pretty sure it's bottles of Game Fuel. I recommend the mango flavor. It's quite good.

Edit: NVM.

Reebot

The battery mechanic doesn't work because titans are too frail. In Titanfall 1, rodeo was a legit way to bring down a titan. This is what people want to do, and you need to design around that. Now its far, far better to blast away. People will pick the path of least resistance to destroying Titans - which ain't repeatedly jumping on their backs and sitting through lengthy animations.

I did not anticipate loving this as much as I do. Goddamn this multiplayer is fun as hell. Sincerely blindsided, it's all I want to do right now.

Even when I see level 48 lunatics. How do you nuts do this?

Gen 3 baby! Let's go! I'm in love again just like mw2 days. Everything, and I mean everything you do in this game makes you feel like a boss. Every gun feels amazing to shoot. And the controls are so refined that they will fuck up a whole generation of shooters for me just like they did with cod 4 /mw2
The mastiff is probably the most satisfying shotgun since spas12 mw2

Just an amazing campaign, I feel so satisfied from it.
Best of the year so far for sure. Hope these guys get to make the sequel they've set up. The 100% deserve it.
Mission 5 is beyond what most studios can even dream of putting out...and its just one level. Kudos.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
My Dream DLC additions:

* New customisation for Pilots - helmets/bodytype etc
* Angel City + Fracture + Lagoon+New maps
* New Gamemode that's a mix of Hardpoint and Attrition
* 2 new Titans to spice things up
* 2 new Pilot loadouts to again, spice things up

Revas

The battery mechanic doesn't work because titans are too frail. In Titanfall 1, rodeo was a legit way to bring down a titan. This is what people want to do, and you need to design around that. Now its far, far better to blast away. People will pick the path of least resistance to destroying Titans - which ain't repeatedly jumping on their backs and sitting through lengthy animations.

Rodeo would probably be more viable if "Low Profile" actually did something. Stealth Kit shit all on Low Profile, another example of technology in the TF universe going in reverse.

Gator86

I'm just going to reiterate my vote about keeping executions invincible. It's a much welcome change from the original. You still have a pretty decent advantage against someone doing a term, you can set up at your ideal range behind them somewhere, get your weapon reloaded, and pounce when the time is right. Changing would be a huge nerf to Ronin for one, and make executions useless in general. Even more useless than the 'pretty useless' status they had in the original. Like 6 seconds to get pounded on? Automatic GG if someone with a core happens upon you?

I've come to hate them. They're brainless and totally disrupt the flow of the game for some "press a to awesome" type shit. You should take damage during them but be able to use them to short-circuit nuclear ejection and prevent pilots from escaping. Risk/reward instead of pointless distraction.

EL CUCO

I rented IW for the campaign and I'm bored as hell already. Basically forcing myself through it at this point. Never felt like that about TF2.

NuKERxyz

Can someone please tell me the population on xbox1 now. I got the game on PC and ps4, my brother wants to buy it on xbox one and we share accounts so just to have an idea, thanks.

Gator86

It's one of my biggest problems with the multiplayer. Having recognizable classes for pilots is pointless because the engagements end in a split second anyway.

And the cloak pilot looks so awful I don't even want to play as it, and I don't care for ever being a robot. I wish I could just choose how I look :(

Agreed. Death is instant almost every time so they're pointless. Gen 2 now and I've never, ever felt I gained valuable intel from how a pilot looked. Also, the bots look like complete shit. It's like someone on the art team made them and no one had the heart to tell them how dumb they look. Just release more pilot skins and let us choose. This current solution is just Respawn solving problems that don't exist. Maybe garbage menu guy also designed the bots.

robotrock

Banned
I was so trash at this game initially but now I'm e-sports level. I get dozens of PMs after a match asking "how did you do that"

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
How's it on PC atm?

I played pretty much from 2:00am to 6:00am in the morning on PC and had no issues at all getting into a game,

Also, I started using the controller instead of k/m last night and wow I am sooooo much better now lol. I am legit shocked how much easier it is to use a controller in this game. I went from averaging like maybe 5-6 kills a game to 13-14 kills and have no problems bringing down a titan. If anyone is sucking ass like I was on PC, try using a controller!! I honestly don't think k/m users have much of an advantage in this game

I played pretty much from 2:00am to 6:00am in the morning on PC and had no issues at all getting into a game,

Also, I started using the controller instead of k/m last night and wow I am sooooo much better now lol. I am legit shocked how much easier it is to use a controller in this game. I went from averaging like maybe 5-6 kills a game to 13-14 kills and have no problems bringing down a titan. If anyone is sucking ass like I was on PC, try using a controller!! I honestly don't think k/m users have much of an advantage in this game

Agreed. I've been exclusively playing on PC with a 360 controller and doing fine. I just bought the Xbox One wireless adapter so I can use my wireless XB1 controller instead.

Top Bottom