• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANIC hitting blu September 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/31/previewpreview?p=303908&preview=true

eCv5w.jpg

There will a four-disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray combo pack, a four-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack, and a two-disc DVD set. Both Blu-ray sets also include a Digital Copy of the film.

The Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray will be presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description, with English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles.

The DVD will be presented in anamorphic widescreen with English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description, with English, French and Spanish subtitles.

Mixing things up, the four-disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray combo pack will include two Blu-ray 3D discs, a Blu-ray copy of the film, and a bonus disc filled with extras, featuring new content and previously released content. The Blu-ray/DVD combo pack is the only version that includes the two-disc DVD as a extra. Below is a breakdown of the bonus features:

Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack:

Disc 1 (Blu-ray):

Feature film in high definition
Commentary by director James Cameron
Cast and Crew Commentary
Historical Commentary by Don Lynch and Ken Marschall
Disc 2-3 (DVD):

Feature film in standard definition
Disc 4 (Blu-ray):

Reflections on Titanic Documentary—NEW!
Titanic: The Final Word with James Cameron Documentary—NEW!
Deleted Scenes with commentary by James Cameron
Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
Construction Timelapse
Deep Dive Presentation—Narrated by James Cameron
$200,000,001: A Ship’s Odyssey—the Titanic Crew Video
Videomatics
Visual Effects
Music Video—“My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion
Trailers
TV Spots
Still Galleries
Titanic Scriptment by James Cameron
Storyboard Sequences
Production Artwork
Photographs
Ken Marshall’s Painting Gallery
Concept Posters and One Sheets
By the Numbers
Bibliography
MTV’s 1998 Movie Awards skit
Saturday Night Live skit
Titanic in 30 Seconds
Four-Disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray Combo Pack:

Disc 1-2 (Blu-ray 3D)

Feature film in 3D high definition
Disc 3 (Blu-ray):

Same features as Blu-ray above.
Disc Four (Blu-ray):

Same features as above.
Two-Disc DVD Set:

Disc 1 (DVD):

Feature film in standard definition (Part 1)
Disc 2 (DVD):

Feature film in standard definition (Part 2)
Deleted Scenes with commentary by James Cameron
Digital Download Version:

Feature film in standard or high definition
Deleted Scenes
Still Galleries

Not a fan of the box art for the home release.

I was expecting the op of the thread to be kagari :p

I'll pick up a copy for my mom, and it's still great to watch :D

Lol that MTV movie awards skit is on the disc, Ben stiller was hilarious in that skit

jett

D-Member
With fucked up or non-fucked up colors?

I have to say I'm not a fan of this trend of changing the color timing when a movie is remastered.

With fucked up or non-fucked up colors?

I have to say I'm not a fan of this trend of changing the color timing when a movie is remastered.

As long as it's what the director wants, I'm okay with it. If it's like the Lord of The Rings Extended Edition fiasco where I'm still not sure if Peter Jackson confirmed it was his decision, that's where it gets weird.

jett

D-Member
As long as it's what the director wants, I'm okay with it. If it's like the Lord of The Rings Extended Edition fiasco where I'm still not sure if Peter Jackson confirmed it was his decision, that's where it gets weird.

Well depends I guess. I like the change in Blade Runner because it makes the movie look more modern. I don't like it in Titanic because to me the pink-colored hue was an important part of the look of the film.

Difference with Blade Runner is that the CE has the original versions with their original colors.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Looks better. The first screen has some serious contrast bombing going on -- the wires are disappearing into the sky!

These old transfers really aren't reliable for how the movies were intended to look.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, this movie sure has lots of bad implications in hindsight, as well as apparently not respecting a certain character.

Dennis

Banned
She looks much older than him on that cover.

If I didn't know better I would think "how nice, that kid is trying to save his mother from drowning"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom