• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To Gek54.....Steering wheel stuff....

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Hi Gek. Since we're already discussing the topic about steering wheel modifications, I thought I'd post a copy of the reply I posted on the IGN forums to a guy asking about the possibilites of a Force Feedback wheel for the Xbox. The following contains a collection of links I've gathered to discussions and projects related to wheel modifications and alternatives to other steering wheels for Xbox.

The bottom is, fortunately there are things from third party people and consumers being done and customized work is possible. I invite you to take a look at the following threads, as I'm sure you'll find them very interesting....

Pc wheel on an xbox - working

My Letter to Logitech

My letter to Logitech II

Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel on XBOX?

Can you build me an Xbox wheel?

Xbox in an FF wheel racing cab

"Super" Kit from Japan

Blackflag's response, and........

....His custom Xbox Twin cab (note....this is an ftp site. The username is isamu and the password is happ. Worth taking a look at this one!)

Logitech MOMO on xbox?

Happ Force Feedback wheel successfully modded to work on a PS2(very impressive)!!!!

Note about Race Sim Central's forums... it is an *excellent* forum where people discuss homemade racing cockpits, wheels, pedals, etc. As I'm sure Freeburn can attest to, they are very friendly, and often post pics of their own cockpit and lots of people reply with "Ooohs and Aaaahs"! Since you enjoy discussions about racing games and wheels and stuff, I'm sure you'd fit right in over there. I have made numerous posts there discussing and inquiring about how to go about getting a FF wheel to work with the Xbox.

Hope you get a chance to peep out those links when you get a chance. :)

I would love to hear what Logitech's response was. It's always been my opinion that the reason they'd even make a Gamecube wheel and still not XBOX was because you need to be an official licensee if you wanna get the FF code into the developer's hands. And MS, for whatever reason, was denying them this. It makes no business sense that they'd support Nintendo, but not MS, unless MS was the one denying it. Would love to hear the real answer.

Gek54

Some interesting stuff there. Short of the TFF support of SegaGT there really is almost no hope of anything worthwhile as far as steering wheels are concerned for Xbox. I do have some hope that MS will come to terms and prepare a TFF wheel for Forza. RSC2 is probably going to hit the PC in not to long and its really the only other racing game I would care to play with TFF.

Watch MS pimp the hell out of a TFF wheel for Xbox2.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
ravingloon said:
I would love to hear what Logitech's response was. It's always been my opinion that the reason they'd even make a Gamecube wheel and still not XBOX was because you need to be an official licensee if you wanna get the FF code into the developer's hands. And MS, for whatever reason, was denying them this. It makes no business sense that they'd support Nintendo, but not MS, unless MS was the one denying it. Would love to hear the real answer.

Excellent point. Unfortunately it isn't Logitech dropping the ball this time it's EA/Criterion.

" Unfortunately it isn't Logitech dropping the ball this time it's EA/Criterion."

Tell me about it, as far as PS2 racers go, i'm not even touching any of them anymore unless they support the wheel. I suck at using the DS2 now. :p So next up, NFSU2 and Midnight Club 3. They better support it.

Dekajelly

If E3 was any indication, MadCatz looks as though they are planning a special Forza wheel. We have no doubt that the wheel will be spectacular, but will it support force feedback via Forza?

Garrett Young: MadCatz was a great partner for creating our wheel for E3. The Xbox doesn't actually support force feedback natively on the hardware side, so we are still working out the kinks with them on how we can utilize the rumble channel to deliver the functionality we want. Most important to us is that we deliver a great, polished force-feedback experience. If we can't do it right with the current wheels available for the Xbox, we won't do it in this version of Forza Motorsport.

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/873/Forza-Motorsport-Microsoft-Games-Interview/p3

Madcatz?
chair.gif

isamu

SolidSnakex said:
" Unfortunately it isn't Logitech dropping the ball this time it's EA/Criterion."

Tell me about it, as far as PS2 racers go, i'm not even touching any of them anymore unless they support the wheel. I suck at using the DS2 now. :p So next up, NFSU2 and Midnight Club 3. They better support it.

Yeah, NFSU2 is still up in the air.

Top Bottom