• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2004 - Microsoft lineup

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
cybamerc said:
Why do they even bother.

So those Japanese developers that do still support Xbox won't be discouraged. Really everything Microsoft does in Japan now, re. Xbox, is aimed at gaining and retaining developers there. It's not so much about the consumer anymore, at least till Xbox2 rolls around when they'll undoubtedly try to woo japanese gamers again.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
gofreak said:
So those Japanese developers that do still support Xbox won't be discouraged.
TGS is irrelevant. I'm not suggesting that M$ should pull out of Japan but putting up a big show at TGS is pretty futile considering the line-up and Xbox' position in the Japanese marketplace.

The absolute worst thing MS can do in Japan now is kill support for it there. That would piss off the entire microscopic userbase it has managed to scrape up. MS wants, at least, some people there to be looking forward to the next system.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Blackace said:
Because I'll be there!!!

Yeah, microsofts reason for being there is to have a safe haven for the gaijin to be amongst themselves.

They should rename the xbox booth "little america"

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
"sp0rsk can't change this tag LOL" - Mike Works

john tv

sp0rsk said:
Yeah, microsofts reason for being there is to have a safe haven for the gaijin to be amongst themselves.

They should rename the xbox booth "little america"
That would rock. And they could hire fat people and give out guns and apple pies, and it would feel just like home!! TGS is gonna rock!!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
But but I moved from America because I hated people like that!!!

Renegade

Banned
It's a nice lineup, but still shows me Microsoft has no idea what they're doing.

They'd do better to just hand off the XBox completely to one of their main supporters like Tecmo or FromSoftware.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
i can't wait to play phantom dust at TGS. and more halo 2, of course. i hope from software will show off their new xbox mech game as well.

Troidal

Speaking of Phantom Dust, the playable demo is on this month's issue of Famitsu Xbox which came out today. Anybody pick that up? And is it playable on the US Xbox? I might get it tomorrow...

Soul4ger

chespace said:
i can't wait to play phantom dust at TGS. and more halo 2, of course. i hope from software will show off their new xbox mech game as well.

If it's as good as Murakumo, you'll be in for a big treat!

That's not fair; Otogi rules. Don't mind me.

jarrod said:
Yep, though it's still better than SCEI's announced lineup.

There are certainly more games for me to looking forward to in the Sony camp. I am looking forward to see Sakura Taisen V, FF XII, DQ VIII, NICO, KH 2 and might be some secret titles from SquareEnix. I don't think any one of those games for XBOX is really cared by the general gaming population in Japan.

jarrod

Banned
MassiveAttack said:
Ah, c'mon jarrod! They said it was preliminary... Besides, I can feel my NICO just around the corner... oh yes, I really can.
NICO will mean an immediate reversal. So will SCEI's PSP most likely. :)

Necroscope said:
There are certainly more games for me to looking forward to in the Sony camp. I am looking forward to see Sakura Taisen V, FF XII, DQ VIII, NICO, KH 2 and might be some secret titles from SquareEnix. I don't think any one of those games for XBOX is really cared by the general gaming population in Japan.
And unfortunately, SCEI hasn't announced even one of those games for TGS. Hence my statement that Microsoft's announced TGS lineup > SCEI's announced TGS lineup.

ferricide

chespace said:
from software had an appallingly huge booth last year. mediocrity swept out in waves, like dry ice....

i really need to play otogi 2. apparently it's the magical way to stop hating from. =)

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
ferricide said:
from software had an appallingly huge booth last year. mediocrity swept out in waves, like dry ice....

i really need to play otogi 2. apparently it's the magical way to stop hating from. =)

knowing you though, you still might hate otogi 2. just because.

novery

Saint Cornelius said:
i want Phantom Dust in a big way.

Yesterday the October issue of Famitsu Xbox hit newsstands along with a playable, Xbox Live-enabled demo disc. The demo is pretty generous, giving players about the first 1/3 of the game.

The good news? Just for kicks I tried to see if the demo would run on my American Xbox this morning and it does. Guys looking for a taste of Phantom Dust should import the Oct issue of Famitsu Xbox. The demo is completely in Japanese though. With over 300 skills to use in battle (100 in the demo), learning them all is a daunting task, even for native Japanese.

-rp

Top Bottom