• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkyre

So I dont know I feel like I cant improve further my gear. I like the bonuses i have, I like the weapons I have.

My stats may not seem "omg this is imba" but just main stats do not tell half the story... its about the talents and buffs.

But just for the sake of it my main stats are DMG 140K , STA 100k , SKILL 22K

erawsd

For reals?

Awesome, I assume this will also have whatever new content they were teasing last week?

VERY EXCITE

The content patch isnt suppose to be out until April. This one will probably be focused on drop rates/currency acquisition, maybe some dz adjusts to encourage more pvp, and fixes for the many bugs/glitches/exploits that have surfaced.

Roussow

I hit that level cap, completed all of the main missions, spent a little time in the high-end Dark Zone. I'm not to sure what I should be doing from here on out -- I have the daily missions, and I still need to hit up those encounters to max out my base facilities. I see these Phoenix Credits as a currency to gain from the daily missions, where do I spend these? Is it mostly just getting gear from here on out? Is there any other type of new mission type?

bjaelke

The content patch isnt suppose to be out until April. This one will probably be focused on drop rates/currency acquisition, maybe some dz adjusts to encourage more pvp, and fixes for the many bugs/glitches/exploits that have surfaced.

It will most likely be a QOL patch but by the sound of it there is also new content in it.
The game may have just released but we already have a new update for you to dive into!
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-243067-16/state-of-the-game-march-15-2016

noomi

We should be getting a podcast today giving us some info on this patch and what's coming in the near future.

I didn't even know there was a podcast, I normally just check the main division ubisoft page for news. Other then that, I hear it either from you guys here, or on the division subreddit.

Would you mind telling me which podcast this is going to be on? I can subscribe on my iphone and listen to it later :D

Yeah April will have the first incursion update, but massive made a little announcement that we will be getting something a little extra this week :D

*edit*

Ahhh, maybe I misunderstood their post, I guess it is just an update.

Mafro

Couldn't do Napalm cos Im just falling through the world every time. Haven't had any of this shit before this morning
This happened to me a few days ago when trying to do one of the daily missions. Fell through the floor and had to wait on the timer to put me back in, and for some reason it warped me to the nearest safe house instead of putting me back in the level. Warped to one of my team members and the same thing happened again.

bjaelke

Would you mind telling me which podcast this is going to be on? I can subscribe on my iphone and listen to it later :D

Hammish Brode (community manager) will sit down with the lead designer and content creator (I think) and talk future plans, dark zone, balancing and more for 45 minutes. Not sure exactly when, how or where it will be made available.

Deku Tree

So you get the most out of your gear by having every mod slot available and putting lvl 31 gear mods into them. 7 possible gear mod slot can give you another 1001 points.

noomi

So you get the most out of your gear by having every mod slot available and putting lvl 31 gear mods into them. 7 possible gear mod slot can give you another 1001 points.

I had a HE chest piece once that had 2 mod slots in it. I wonder if every piece can randomly roll with 2 slots or not (maybe just chest piece?).... would make a significant difference it it was possible.

*edit*

Just checked reddit, and apparently chest can have up to 3 slots, the mask can have 2 slots :eek:

No mod slots for gloves though...

TheYanger

So when you get to level 30, are the daily missions decent?

The 'hard' dailies are just the missions on hard, and it picks 2 at random or on a cycle or whatever. they're a fun challenge for literally the minute you hit 30 type gear, but are really quite easy. The challenge daily (1 per day, much harder mode missions) are a lot harder and more fun, but still outgearable once you're nearing the end of the current gear ladder (as they should be).

Since it's all just the normal missions, they're good, but they're nothing you haven't seen before. Extra mobs in places in challenge and stuff mostly, aside from the big dps/health boosts.

All in all it's fine though since Challenge is always at least fun, and Hard is a quick romp so the fact that it's easy isn't really that annoying, you're in and out in 5 minutes (or you're appropriately geared for them and they're actually challenging and thus fun).

Ted

Some Rogue Agents out there need to get better at target selection...

I was heading back out of the DZ via DZ01 when I spotted an ongoing extraction being called in, I had some items on me that I wasn't too bothered about losing so thought I may as well stick these on this other guys helo. As I approached the extraction point I saw the level 16 guy who had called it in being chased by a rusher so helped him out and cleared the area quickly so he could safely extract.

I then began extracting my worthless stuff. For some reason he thought double crossing my slightly higher level agent after I had helped him out was a good choice, luckily my toon is mostly geared for health when in the DZ...

https://youtu.be/hg_4WHxBm1c

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Those are by far my favorite sidequests, virus research. Different strokes for different folks. I like the change of pace with no combat and the slight puzzle aspect with an emphasis on environmental pattern recognition both those and comm relay missions supplied.

Same here, I was hoping there would be more traversal puzzles as the game went on but it doesn't really go anywhere with them. Still, they were a nice change of pace.

The goddamn parking garage one ruined it for me man. RUINED IT.

I thought that one was easy, the cloud data is always on the roof and you can go down on the car park so they will obviously stick on at the lowest point. Just worked my way up each floor from there.

A lot of the virus scan missions take you to places to loot more apartments so I'm all for that cosmetic gain haha

Yea same here, I was hoping someone would have put together a map of all the clothes apartments in the game by now that I could run round and loot for scarves.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So has actual BK stock raised since doing the exploit??

They've seen a pretty steady increase since their NY representative began to be farmed.
vRN8GmO.jpg

JayHayabusa

Nice to see Noomi and Dearh Jr on here :)

Been lurking on this thread after a long hiatus from Destiny.

Add me guys if you want to run daily missions.

jayforone on PS4

Z3M0G

Did a fourth mission and I think I'm bored of the game...

Games like this where you simply clear out all the checkmark items of the map (Infamous, DAI) simply bore me really quickly...

I can't believe I'm saying this but Destiny was much more enjoyable for me.

I'll give it one final chance and check out the low level DZ... if that doesn't hook me, I can't see how I'm NOT done with the game... because it's just more of this until I decide I've had enough.

Edit: When I think about why I love Diablo III and Destiny more than this, I think it is because they have a much more linear nature. Sure you can "Explore" Destiny... but really you start out by doing a very linear set of missions, and unlock side stuff as you go. Same with Diablo, which I never really got deep into Adventure Mode.

This game is far too open world for me... I really dislike open world games.

Did a fourth mission and I think I'm bored of the game...

Games like this where you simply clear out all the checkmark items of the map (Infamous, DAI) simply bore me really quickly...

I can't believe I'm saying this but Destiny was much more enjoyable for me.

I'll give it one final chance and check out the low level DZ... if that doesn't hook me, I can't see how I'm NOT done with the game... because it's just more of this until I decide I've had enough.

Edit: When I think about why I love Diablo III and Destiny more than this, I think it is because they have a much more linear nature. Sure you can "Explore" Destiny... but really you start out by doing a very linear set of missions, and unlock side stuff as you go. Same with Diablo, which I never really got deep into Adventure Mode.

This game is far too open world for me... I really dislike open world games.

I'm not in the exact same camp but i'm getting bored with the Division as well. Not a lot to do endgame currently :/

Is there any difference in running BK vs some of the other named NPCs in the open world? The "trick" works with a guy named Chains just south of the safe house in the SE-most area of the map. I've gotten 2 purples every time I kill him + Phoenix Credits.

Another question: what should be my first High-End weapon? I've got a decent purple Covert SRS, so I'd like to get an automatic weapon. I've got just enough for one of the following blueprints:

- Black Market AK
- Liberator
- Vector

Which is the best one to go with for my first HE weapon? (My only other HE will is a holster with all 3 stats + turret duration, from a challenge mission.)

Crackbone

Is there any difference in running BK vs some of the other named NPCs in the open world? The "trick" works with a guy named Chains just south of the safe house in the SE-most area of the map. I've gotten 2 purples every time I kill him + Phoenix Credits.

Another question: what should be my first High-End weapon? I've got a decent purple Covert SRS, so I'd like to get an automatic weapon. I've got just enough for one of the following blueprints:

- Black Market AK
- Liberator
- Vector

Which is the best one to go with for my first HE weapon? (My only other HE will is a holster with all 3 stats + turret duration, from a challenge mission.)

There's no difference in BK and any of the other named guys. I actually run that one too(Chains) since I killed BK and his boys when I was leveling. BK is just faster farm.

Klyka

Banned
Hammish Brode (community manager) will sit down with the lead designer and content creator (I think) and talk future plans, dark zone, balancing and more for 45 minutes. Not sure exactly when, how or where it will be made available.

I bet tomorrow during server maintenance. They always have a "state of the game" twitch stream during maintenance

They've seen a pretty steady increase since their NY representative began to be farmed.

I'm not a member of PETA, but the whole factory farming is rather disgusting.
feedlot2_300_1.jpg

I don't blame those who have been gorging on cheap meat (hell, I did it quite a bit in Destiny), but I question whether it makes the game less fun in the long run. I feel like the early 5 of coins trick ruined the taken king for me. Would the some hold true for the Division? Too many onion rings too fast?

Hell, if the end of the quarter wasn't kicking my butt (grading, grading, individualized education programs and re-teaching my students synthetic and long division of polynomials before and after-school), I would be at level 30 and pigging out on some Whoppers.

Ruruja

Have they mentioned the level cap increasing in the future? Is that something that is likely to happen? I haven't played Destiny so don't know how it worked there.

These soft crashes are way too frequent

Yeah, it's getting frustrating. Had three crashes on a CM the other night and one last night on a Hard mission.

I'm bummed there were so few story missions. They were fun especially in a group even with randoms. Wish they put more time into that instead of the insane amount of collectibles like in every Ubi game.

I wouldn't mind this. I don't really care enough to find the drones, phones, or even missing agents.

Just hit 30 today. I'll have to try and find better gear for DZ03+ and challenge modes, because what I have right now is abysmal.

Speaking of DZ, anyone up for boosting rogue kills off each other with a low level alt on PS4?

noomi

That's never happened to me, weird.

Closest thing to it is the 'Search' prompt not appearing on those loot bags and not letting me search them.

I have had so many geometry glitches, I'm always getting stuck on shit lol.

Sometimes the game knows when you are stuck, and there is a message that says you will be teleported. It then loads you into the nearest safe house :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

- Black Market AK
- Liberator
- Vector

Really depends on your preferences. I use an AK and love it more than the other guns you mention, but others love the Vector. Just wasn't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom