• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'hard' dailies are just the missions on hard, and it picks 2 at random or on a cycle or whatever. they're a fun challenge for literally the minute you hit 30 type gear, but are really quite easy. The challenge daily (1 per day, much harder mode missions) are a lot harder and more fun, but still outgearable once you're nearing the end of the current gear ladder (as they should be).

Since it's all just the normal missions, they're good, but they're nothing you haven't seen before. Extra mobs in places in challenge and stuff mostly, aside from the big dps/health boosts.

All in all it's fine though since Challenge is always at least fun, and Hard is a quick romp so the fact that it's easy isn't really that annoying, you're in and out in 5 minutes (or you're appropriately geared for them and they're actually challenging and thus fun).

Not really to be honest. (im guessing you're referring to challenge mode difficulty level as Hard is still the same) They just add tougher enemies.

Daily hard missions are a walk in the park, super easy to solo.

Daily Challenge missions are pretty unforgiving if you're under-geared or don't have a good team, but once you have decent gear, stats and a competent team, they're not too bad.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to the new raid mode (in June?).

deadduck

Friend got stuck on a bus stop up in DZ5 just before the pit. Could only move the camera around, nothing else.

I got near him and BOOM, like Guiles handcuffs, I was locked until a slow purple engineer slow killed us.

Beware the bus stop of doom.

Weird.

can't count how many times I've been swallowed by a sinkhole in this game

On XBO, I've found that collecting intel from a laptop that's on a table often sucks me into the table.

I then can't run past the boundary of the table I'm stuck in and need to fast travel out. Happened 3 times out of 7 or 8 intel's picked up from tables.

I have had so many geometry glitches, I'm always getting stuck on shit lol.

Sometimes the game knows when you are stuck, and there is a message that says you will be teleported. It then loads you into the nearest safe house :p

Worst one for me was yesterday in the Dark Zone when I got stuck and none of the controls, not even the options button, would do anything. A friend got stuck the same way and I went to see if I could push him or something, turned out I got stuck right behind him.

We both had to force close the game and restart. I think it happened because the melee and inspect player actions are both mapped to the same button (R3).

Wouldn't be a Ubi game without a million bugs :/

Friend got stuck on a bus stop up in DZ5 just before the pit. Could only move the camera around, nothing else.

I got near him and BOOM, like Guiles handcuffs, I was locked until a slow purple engineer slow killed us.

Beware the bus stop of doom.

Weird.

Yup, this is what happend to us as well. Another friend left the party and downed us, thinking that reviving may fix the bug, but no such luck.

zorbsie

Had a great run of the challenge mission last night with VE3TRO, Iceman and some random dude. It's amazing how much better the game is when you play with a team that works together and calls out things. Looking forward to the upcoming raid content.

Tecnniqe

Banned
In all my playtime I can't recall any bugs like falling under the map.
I did get stuck on top of a DZ rope but a few combat rolls fixed it.

If anything the problems seems related to the speed of your HDD or something

65 hours in and it was a lot of fun, will probably take a break until new content is released.

A few things definitely need some tweaking though, DZ mainly. The loot drops are horrible (no yellows in all my dz time) and the chests drop Blues or purples with no chance of yellows. I like farming the DZ with my friends but..whats the point? Also going rogue is pointless, you lose 2 ranks when you die as rogue and you get a few purples if you are lucky or if you survive you get 500 dz dollars....that is less than 1 mob kill.

Deku Tree

Ran Lexington CM with MM twice last night. First time took 20 minutes.

Second time took like 70 minutes. One player went AFK in an elevator for a long time.

Hard to know what kind of a team your going to get with MM.

Khasim

The amount of mats needed to craft the perfect (or close to perfect) items is ridiculous. My friend told me that he crafted the HE gloves 25 times before all stats suited his build. I can't imagine doing this with weapons, since on gear you can always recalibrate one stat, but you can't do that with talents.

I hope that the next balance patch/hotfix will make it so that the most optimal farming activities are the most fun ones - running all over the city gathering mats or killing the same boss over and over again is something that we only do because it's the fastest way to farm mats/credits. I wish Challenge Modes dropped a little more credits, like 40-50 per run.

The amount of mats needed to craft the perfect (or close to perfect) items is ridiculous. My friend told me that he crafted the HE gloves 25 times before all stats suited his build. I can't imagine doing this with weapons, since on gear you can always recalibrate one stat, but you can't do that with talents.

I hope that the next balance patch/hotfix will make it so that the most optimal farming activities are the most fun ones - running all over the city gathering mats or killing the same boss over and over again is something that we only do because it's the fastest way to farm mats/credits. I wish Challenge Modes dropped a little more credits, like 40-50 per run.

RNG man, I crafted at least 25 vectors and the best one i have is like +crit chance +heals you on crit and +Armor destruction LOL (I am really unlucky)

TheYanger

Gloves are way worse than weapons, cause you need Div tech. Everything pales before the division tech gear in terms of crafting pain :(

Really depends on your preferences. I use an AK and love it more than the other guns you mention, but others love the Vector. Just wasn't for me.

I gravitate to the ARs more than SMGs, too. I wasn't sure if it was a scenario where I'm actively screwing myself by not picking something "too good to pass up."

I might buy the named Shotgun from the Advanced Weapon merchant, if only because I don't know what else to do with my credits. I guess I could also buy trash to deconstruct for materials.

For HE materials, is there a good way to get them beyond using the conversion of lower-tiered material?

Audioboxer

Just the nature of the beast in these games. Diablo 3 is pretty similar when you're aiming for perfect builds. Although it's definitely something Ubi can tweak to reward you more for certain events.

While BK farming spoils us with mats it should show Ubi they need to make people feel well rewarded for time consuming events or fatigue sets in quickly.

Deku Tree

Seems like in this game it was designed so that the greater a perfectionist you want to be then the longer and longer it takes to get there.

Equip some superior gear to get to 90K+ DPS then do some CM runs and then you'll have lots of HE gear. Then with a good group similarly equipped CM becomes pretty easy.

If you want all lvl 31 HE gear and 200K DPS and perfect stats then you gotta grind for another 50-100 hours.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Deku, you just described every loot based game. Of course top-tier, perfect stats are going to take a loooong time to acquire.

UCBooties

I got the game Friday and wasn't able to start until last night. I played for about an hour and it was pretty goddamn rough.

On the plus side I didn't have any problem matching up with someone for the first story mission, so that was nice.

On the minus side... I don't know if these were server problems or problems with my internet connection but the game was borderline unplayable.

Teleporting enemies? Yep. That guy with a baseball rat running towards you from across the room? Now he's right next to you, bashing your face in while you fumble to switch to your shotgun.

Lag? I assume so. Every enemy I shoot will just start shooting back and then maybe two or three seconds later, they'll take the damage from getting shot. This means even if I surprise an enemy with a headshot they'll still turn and return fire before dying.

I died three time due to this crap. If the same stuff happens tonight, I'm returning the game for sure.

I got the game Friday and wasn't able to start until last night. I played for about an hour and it was pretty goddamn rough.

On the plus side I didn't have any problem matching up with someone for the first story mission, so that was nice.

On the minus side... I don't know if these were server problems or problems with my internet connection but the game was borderline unplayable.

Teleporting enemies? Yep. That guy with a baseball rat running towards you from across the room? Now he's right next to you, bashing your face in while you fumble to switch to your shotgun.

Lag? I assume so. Every enemy I shoot will just start shooting back and then maybe two or three seconds later, they'll take the damage from getting shot. This means even if I surprise an enemy with a headshot they'll still turn and return fire before dying.

I died three time due to this crap. If the same stuff happens tonight, I'm returning the game for sure.

Definitely your internet connection, but if you dont lag in any other games, maybe not. That only happens to me when my roommate is downloading stuff.

Had a great run of the challenge mission last night with VE3TRO, Iceman and some random dude. It's amazing how much better the game is when you play with a team that works together and calls out things. Looking forward to the upcoming raid content.

Iceman is a good dude. I was supposed to run with him but had 2 with me.

Granadier

Classic's are fine. They are just missing a grip mod slot. But really the grip only adds accuracy and stability which only has a bearing on sheet DPS, not per shot damage.

TheYanger

Just the nature of the beast in these games. Diablo 3 is pretty similar when you're aiming for perfect builds. Although it's definitely something Ubi can tweak to reward you more for certain events.

While BK farming spoils us with mats it should show Ubi they need to make people feel well rewarded for time consuming events or fatigue sets in quickly.

The real problem is just how good crafting is vs drops. Even if they make the 'fun' activities more efficient, if it just means in terms of mat acquisition it's still a bust. Drops are infinitely more fun than mats, always. DZ drops HAVE to be good for the DZ dynamic to work, as well. Right now they're not. As it stands now, I'd be more excited to murder someone for some yellow Division Tech than a yellow highend they found, that's sad.

I made an alt yesterday and had SEVERE lag in the tutorial/newbie zone. Was 100% fixed when I was in manhattan proper, no idea why, only time I've had it since the game launched.

Classic M1A's are pretty bad IMHO. I believe one of the safehouse vendors usually has a First Wave one, no? (or was that DZ?)
??
Classics are just as good as First Wave/SOCOM - they're only missing an underbarrel slot because they've got built in stability. Are you sure you're not confusing it with the Carbine that has a slower ROF?

Classic's are fine. They are just missing a grip mod slot. But really the grip only adds accuracy and stability which only has a bearing on sheet DPS, not per shot damage.

??
Classics are just as good as First Wave/SOCOM - they're only missing an underbarrel slot because they've got built in stability. Are you sure you're not confusing it with the Carbine that has a slower ROF?

Stability and accuracy have large, in-game implications on how your weapon performs. Stability and accuracy are two of the most important attributes for a marksman weapon IMHO. You need precise and accurate groupings if you want that rifle to be worth anything. A grip or laser will add varying improvements with first round stability (very important on a marksman) horizontal stability, accuracy etc. The grip slot is one of the more important for this category of firearm.

I'd much rather have a FW or SOCOM over a classic. Really no need for a classic once you find one of the better versions unless you're into the wood stock look and going for visuals?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Lol. I wonder what that poor guy is doing outside the mission area.

We need to get a session going with loads of us in the DZ.

Another question: what should be my first High-End weapon? I've got a decent purple Covert SRS, so I'd like to get an automatic weapon. I've got just enough for one of the following blueprints:

- Black Market AK
- Liberator
- Vector

Which is the best one to go with for my first HE weapon? (My only other HE will is a holster with all 3 stats + turret duration, from a challenge mission.)

So I have both the Vector and AK, and have crafted each many times to get the setup I like (thanks, Burger King!).

The Vector is more beginner friendly and absolutely shreds stuff in close to mid range. You can basically aim at the head and go full auto with only minor corrections to melt stuff.

The AK is a slightly more fickle beast in terms of recoil, but the right mods make it shine. It tends to kick upward, so you can "lead" it into frequent headshots. Vastly superior to Vector in any sort of mid to long range scenario. You really can't just spam full auto on it unless you're super close, stick with short bursts.

Both are great. I wouldn't suggest using both like I am if you can get a decent marksman secondary. I find marksman rifles are even more valuable if you choose to main the Vector. The AK has enough range that you don't have to have a sniper backup.

Style points are 100% in favor of the Vector, if that matters to you. With the suppressor I'm rocking, I call it the Hummingbird of Death.

Anybody know the cap on PC? Is it 1,000?

i have 600 PC and nothing to spend them on unless i want the bad weapon blueprints

I have grinded about 800 PC from BK and spent 400, sitting on 400 now and going to grind as much as I can tonight. I can only assume last night was a hiccup in the servers and tonight's weekly maintenance will close BK for good.

Sitting at 133/66/20 and happy. Daily hard missions take 15 minutes while CM takes 20-40 minutes depending on the group.

Seems like I am decently equipped. Would be nice to know our "gear score" that the incursion is going to use.

Granadier

Wesley, I came across a video of Prose low-key playing on PC instead.
https://youtu.be/tpDmwPoJiiQ?t=13s

Stability and accuracy have large, in-game implications on how your weapon performs. Stability and accuracy are two of the most important attributes for a marksman weapon IMHO. You need precise and accurate groupings if you want that rifle to be worth anything. A grip or laser will add varying improvements with first round stability (very important on a marksman) horizontal stability, accuracy etc. The grip slot is one of the more important for this category of firearm.

I'd much rather have a FW or SOCOM over a classic. Really no need for a classic once you find one of the better versions unless you're into the wood stock look and going for visuals?

For an M44 or SR1...maybe. But M1A's are already OP as fuck when it comes to stability and accuracy. The grip slot is not necessary. Shot damage and headshot damage are by far the most important stats on a marksman; followed by crit chance and crit damage. If you don't feel that well, then I'm sorry but you are just wrong.
Classic is in no way superior to a SOCOM or FW, but if you have a Classic with better talents or stats than a SOCOM/FW that you find, then there is no reason to pass it up just for a grip slot.

I will keep crafting vectors i guess, what do I want

Brutal, Vicious and Deadly? or Ferocious?

I have never had a vector with even 2 of these 4 :(

UCBooties

I made an alt yesterday and had SEVERE lag in the tutorial/newbie zone. Was 100% fixed when I was in manhattan proper, no idea why, only time I've had it since the game launched.

Ok, I still had the issue when I got to Manhattan but I know there were some server issues last night. Maybe it will work a bit better tonight.

inki

Ok so it took me some time. If you're looking for the State of the Game weekly video (no podcast I could find), It's on Twitch.

This is last weeks. (Starts at around 10:07).

Not sure when this weeks will be on but I'm guessing tomorrow. (What time, who knows, they're in Sweden after all).

noomi

If I could just have a HE First Wave, I would be a very happy boy.

Currently my setup is a vector and caduceus (which I cant even use the talents because of low electronics skill)

EVENING RESET TEAM

Looking to put a group together to run through the dailies and challenge mode when they reset tonight. Looking to start at 9pm EST.

Anyone interested? Just reply with your PSN ID and I will add you to the list. I have been using matchmaking to do them but would love to run with a group from here with mics.

1. SumptuousLemur
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

EL CUCO

I'm still a measly level 25 but I found a Superior Aug SMG with 3300 damage that absolutely shreds. Is there a HE version of the Aug?

I think I fall in love with a new weapon every 2 or 3 levels. Been enjoying the ride to 30.

Deku Tree

EVENING RESET TEAM

Looking to put a group together to run through the dailies and challenge mode when they reset tonight. Looking to start at 9pm EST.

Anyone interested? Just reply with your PSN ID and I will add you to the list. I have been using matchmaking to do them but would love to run with a group from here with mics.

1. SumptuousLemur
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

That is a good time for me. Sign me up. PS4 DekuBleep

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Has anyone had any luck doing challenge missions with randoms? Every time I try to we just get worked instantly and everyone quits lol.

95% of my challenge runs (about 20 so far? 25?) have been with randoms, and all have finished except my very first one (where I was the one who was really undergeared). I have no problem running Lex or the Tunnel with randoms - those 2 are easy. Russian Consulate and Powerplant are harder and I've done with friends and at least 1 or 2 randoms.

There are definitely some bad randoms out there, like the guy the other in Russian Consulate who kept engaging enemies about 20 feet in front of everyone else and would then say "hey guys, someone come get me up, thanks" every 9 seconds. Sorry buddy, we'll leave you dead, clear the room, then get you up.

Otherwise, the randoms have been good to great, and I've even added some to my friends list and played with again. The only thing is that I am always team leader. I don't want some idiot booting me or anyone else at the end.

I also wish there was some easy way to see a person's stats. I don't want a guy who has 130k dps but 20k health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom