• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

I'm still a measly level 25 but I found a Superior Aug SMG with 3300 damage that absolutely shreds. Is there a HE version of the Aug?

I think I fall in love with a new weapon every 2 or 3 levels. Been enjoying the ride to 30.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that any weapon can roll as a HE. I recently looted a HE mp5 (it kind of sucks though...).

Really not sure though....

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Currently my setup is a vector and caduceus (which I cant even use the talents because of low electronics skill)

IMO it's not worth using a HE weapon if you can't take advantage of the perks. They make a big difference in the effectiveness of a gun. Perks like 20% more damage to enemy armor are no joke and make a big difference. I really loved using the Cad but I felt like it's best used in a skill focused build.

I'm still a measly level 25 but I found a Superior Aug SMG with 3300 damage that absolutely shreds. Is there a HE version of the Aug?

I think I fall in love with a new weapon every 2 or 3 levels. Been enjoying the ride to 30.

One of the vendors in the DZ sells a high-end AUG blueprint, have to be DZ Lvl 50 to buy it though. I'm currently working my way towards it.

noomi

IMO it's not worth using a HE weapon if you can't take advantage of the perks. They make a big difference in the effectiveness of a gun. Perks like 20% more damage to enemy armor are no joke and make a big difference. I really loved using the Cad but I felt like it's best used in a skill focused build.

I wish I could use the talents, but there's no way in my current setup that I could get my electronics that high without sacrificing some serious DPS/Stam :(

I switch a lot of the weapons I use to. Vector is always my primary, but secondary usually changes between the Cad/First Wave/Shotgun depending on the situation.

<3 the cad though

Vitor711

Ugh, wasted 86 credits on the HE Extended Mag mod, then crafted 2 (one for my primary and one for the secondary) because I heard people raving about it here. Turns out they were both worse than my current purple (78% extended mag size, 9.5% extra damage vs. 90% extended mag size and 31% critical damage). Feel like I wasted all my phoenix credits and high end crafting mats for no reason.

Should have just waited and bought the vector... Oh well. Almost got exclusively HE gear but the last 2 pieces I found had 'meh' perks and substantially lower armour values than my current purples. AND I haven't found a single armour piece with 3 stat values.

On the plus side, I did find a second HE LMG... Not exactly what I needed but I can't help but feel that the drops hate me.

EL CUCO

Hmmm, I was under the impression that any weapon can roll as a HE. I recently looted a HE mp5 (it kind of sucks though...).

Ah good to know. I know people have their Vektors but wasn't sure if it was only a few specific ones.
On of the vendors in the DZ sells a high-end AUG blueprint, have to be DZ Lvl 50 to buy it though. I'm currently working my way towards it.
Sweet! I'm DZ rank 31 so not too far away I guess. Any idea if it's quicker to rank up DZ after you hit level 30?

T.O.P

Banned

Absolutely, i crafted 8 Vectors to get the right perks for my build

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
19 more levels until I hit 50 in the DZ. Gonna try for it today so I can get some of those blurprints.

Kal_El

Going for a balanced build; Cool-Headed with smart cover is amazing; I have my next one ready before the previous one is gone. I'm rarely without it.

12596331_10156680495850553_532986814_n.jpg

noomi

19 more levels until I hit 50 in the DZ. Gonna try for it today so I can get some of those blurprints.

That 30 - 50 Grind is pretty serious. I plan on doing it after they make changes to going rogue (maybe tomorrow?)

Going for a balanced build; Cool-Headed with smart cover is amazing; I have my next one ready before the previous one is gone. I'm rarely without it.

This is literally the build and numbers I want for me. I wish we could somehow link our profiles so I could see exactly what you have lol.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You really have to wonder whether massive actually tested the end game economy at all in any real world scenarios.

???

Phoenix Credits --> Blueprints
Gear drops --> Crafting materials
Occasional HE drop

If you're going to drop some vague dig at the end game, at least provide some facts rather than fishing for agreements.

Ah good to know. I know people have their Vektors but wasn't sure if it was only a few specific ones.
Sweet! I'm DZ rank 31 so not too far away I guess. Any idea if it's quicker to rank up DZ after you hit level 30?

I wish it was lol, currently rank 39, takes about 23-25k xp to rank up at the minute and is getting higher every rank.

I've just tried to stack as many bonus kill xp stats on my gear as possible to help.

Stability and accuracy have large, in-game implications on how your weapon performs. Stability and accuracy are two of the most important attributes for a marksman weapon IMHO. You need precise and accurate groupings if you want that rifle to be worth anything. A grip or laser will add varying improvements with first round stability (very important on a marksman) horizontal stability, accuracy etc. The grip slot is one of the more important for this category of firearm.

I'd much rather have a FW or SOCOM over a classic. Really no need for a classic once you find one of the better versions unless you're into the wood stock look and going for visuals?
My Classic has Balanced so the underbarrel is essentially unnecessary. :p But regardless I'm pretty sure that the lack of the underbarrel doesn't mean it's automatically inferior to the S/FW - I think it has built in stability to compensate.

ch4fx_

Big patch coming tomorrow

Any idea when this is happening? I'm state side, so I know my "tomorrow" is different from Massives "tomorrow". I'm at work for the next 12 hours, & im hoping BKs drive through will still be open when I get off.

Ugh, wasted 86 credits on the HE Extended Mag mod, then crafted 2 (one for my primary and one for the secondary) because I heard people raving about it here. Turns out they were both worse than my current purple (78% extended mag size, 9.5% extra damage vs. 90% extended mag size and 31% critical damage). Feel like I wasted all my phoenix credits and high end crafting mats for no reason.

Should have just waited and bought the vector... Oh well. Almost got exclusively HE gear but the last 2 pieces I found had 'meh' perks and substantially lower armour values than my current purples. AND I haven't found a single armour piece with 3 stat values.

On the plus side, I did find a second HE LMG... Not exactly what I needed but I can't help but feel that the drops hate me.

Yeah I have purple gear that is better than a lot of my HE gear. The loot is so weird in the endgame, no HE gear should roll from crafting or drop at a lower level than the max a purple item can.

That is a good time for me. Sign me up. PS4 DekuBleep

Perfect! I will add you!

Wesley, I came across a video of Prose low-key playing on PC instead.
https://youtu.be/tpDmwPoJiiQ?t=13s

For an M44 or SR1...maybe. But M1A's are already OP as fuck when it comes to stability and accuracy. The grip slot is not necessary. Shot damage and headshot damage are by far the most important stats on a marksman; followed by crit chance and crit damage. If you don't feel that well, then I'm sorry but you are just wrong.
Classic is in no way superior to a SOCOM or FW, but if you have a Classic with better talents or stats than a SOCOM/FW that you find, then there is no reason to pass it up just for a grip slot.

The grip slot might not be "necessary" but in that line of argument, neither is a muzzle attachment slot.

Whether you like it or not, accuracy and stability are two of the most important characteristics of a marksman rifle. Yes, of course per bullet damage and crit chance/damage are important but they are in no way the most important. I never said they werent.

If you don't feel that way, well you're entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

What you have to ask yourself is... which would you chose? One that has an open slot for even more performance enhancement or one that does not. With how easily obtainable they both are why would anyone ever use the Classic if not purely for the visuals?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That 30 - 50 Grind is pretty serious. I plan on doing it after they make changes to going rogue (maybe tomorrow?)

This is literally the build and numbers I want for me. I wish we could somehow link our profiles so I could see exactly what you have lol.

What they changing? Havent bothered to look up any update notes.

Granadier

Jesus, the game released less than two weeks ago. People acting like it's all gone to shit.

smh

12596331_10156680495850553_532986814_n.jpg

Very nice balance you got here, that is what I'm still looking for. If I got high dps/health then electronics at low end..yours just hits the spot.

k1t4j

Same here man, super easy to find weapons and weapon combos that I like in this game and funny enough also have a superior AUG that I have been using. Lv 24 only and its amazing. I have it paired with an LMG the M60. Love it.

One of the vendors in the DZ sells a high-end AUG blueprint, have to be DZ Lvl 50 to buy it though. I'm currently working my way towards it.

That's great news I'm only 24 but my DZ rank is 43. Will be ready for it whenever I hit 30 then. Just out of curiosity do they have a. High end M60 as well ?

Bizazedo

Weapons drop other than Cad's?!

Sorry Crash :).

Depends how often you die:). But it does slow down.

Vitor711

I wish it was lol, currently rank 39, takes about 23-25k xp to rank up at the minute and is getting higher every rank.

I've just tried to stack as many bonus kill xp stats on my gear as possible to help.

I keep failing to find people to team up with in the DZ. Taking on named foes solo is a recipe for at least a death or two and that'll negate ALL the XP you've earned from like 2-3 main encounters.

Even when not rogue, the XP penalty for dying is brutal. Seriously dislike that I can lose progress when I'm just trying to grind in my free time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

At some point they are going to make going rogue more enticing. As it is, farming in DZ is easy-mode because there are almost no rogues. I'm trying to push to dz 50 now while it's relatively peaceful :) I think i'm up to DZ 43. It's really not that bad once you get a circuit down. Between 250 and 300 xp a mob, groups of 4 to 10 mobs. My circuit mostly goes through dz1 and 2 because I like the extract at 1 the most.

I keep failing to find people to team up with in the DZ. Taking on named foes solo is a recipe for at least a death or two and that'll negate ALL the XP you've earned from like 2-3 main encounters.

Even when not rogue, the XP penalty for dying is brutal. Seriously dislike that I can lose progress when I'm just trying to grind in my free time.

Yeah, if you don't have the gear for it, I definitely don't recommend doing it solo because the death penalty is just brutal. If you have solid gear, you can solo just about anything in DZ 1/2 without worrying about death. Just be sure to always have some first aid kits and know when to break off the engagement to live to fight another day.

Iceman829

Morning fellow agents. Decided to take a quick break at work.

Had a great run of the challenge mission last night with VE3TRO, Iceman and some random dude. It's amazing how much better the game is when you play with a team that works together and calls out things. Looking forward to the upcoming raid content.

Yea we got lucky with that random. He jumped into chat when he saw we were talking. I'll be on around 9:30 est if you guys are looking to run the daily stuff again.

Iceman is a good dude. I was supposed to run with him but had 2 with me.

They need to add the feature to view friends groups to see how many they have. Either way hit me up some time to play.

Hard to believe that BK is still up.

Open Late! Also, open early for all those commuters in need of breakfast and coffee.

i have 600 PC and nothing to spend them on unless i want the bad weapon blueprints

Anything at the DZ vendor you want? I hoarded my whopper $$ last night for when I hit rank 50 in the DZ

Anything at the DZ vendor you want? I hoarded my whopper $$ last night for when I hit rank 50 in the DZ

Yea I am only 36 DZ, gonna hit up the late night drive through tonight as I am guessing it will be patched (tomorrow?). I am sure there are a few blueprints I will want from the DZ

Kal_El

When I get home in about 6 hours =( I can post a more detailed breakdown if you'd like. I re-rolled my gear and crafted my gear multiple times to get to where I am now. I mean I spent a stupid amount of time at the Crafting station and Re-calibration station.

Granadier

What you have to ask yourself is... which would you chose? One that has an open slot for even more performance enhancement or one that does not. With how easily obtainable they both are why would anyone ever use the Classic if not purely for the visuals?

As I said in my last post, the Classic is in no way superior to a SOCOM/FW, but if you have a Classic with better perks than any SOCOM/FW available then a grip slot should most definitely not be a deal breaker.

Also, accuracy and stability are two of the least important stats alongside optimal range. If you don't believe that fact then you are just wrong. No opinions about it. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Vitor711

Yeah, if you don't have the gear for it, I definitely don't recommend doing it solo because the death penalty is just brutal. If you have solid gear, you can solo just about anything in DZ 1/2 without worrying about death. Just be sure to always have some first aid kits and know when to break off the engagement to live to fight another day.

I have almost all HE gear - but I've had dodgy grenades explode and hit me when outside their designated radius, or the servers lag out and I'm suddenly dead for no reason.

I like to put on Netflix and just farm routes as a way to unwind after work like I used to do with Destiny but not paying 100% attention is a huge liability.

I just don't see the need for XP loss to be a concern - losing cash/keys/gear is already big enough motivation not to die. Then again, DZ cash is f*cking useless. No good gear from vendors until lvl 50 - I'm swimming in the money with nothing to spend it on. And I've never had a good item from a DZ crate either so the keys are trash too. I guess XP is the only thing I care about...

noomi

We could potentially find out with tomorrow patch :D

When I get home in about 6 hours =( I can post a more detailed breakdown if you'd like. I re-rolled my gear and crafted my gear multiple times to get to where I am now. I mean I spent a stupid amount of time at the Crafting station and Re-calibration station.

If you wouldn't mind I would really appreciate that. I'm more-so curious about if all your gear is vendor bought/crafted or if you had to rely on RNG drops for most of it.

With your stats I would be able to use all the weapon talents I run with :D

*edit*

If you do post, could you PM me just so I don't miss it :p

Finished today's CM with my compatriots.
Died once, but never wiped. Got a HE firearm armor for the reward. So good.

Edit: Oh, they're fixing the boss respawn glitch tomorrow?
I guess I'll be fine, have 600 PC already.

Future

At some point they are going to make going rogue more enticing. As it is, farming in DZ is easy-mode because there are almost no rogues. I'm trying to push to dz 50 now while it's relatively peaceful :) I think i'm up to DZ 43. It's really not that bad once you get a circuit down. Between 250 and 300 xp a mob, groups of 4 to 10 mobs. My circuit mostly goes through dz1 and 2 because I like the extract at 1 the most.

At level 14, how would I know I have solid gear combined with competition.

Yesterday the division was having problems so not many people online. So I was in the dark zone with 2 teamed up rogues only. They killed me on sight. I went back in to see how far I could get taking one of them down, but 2 on one is really hard since someone can push while another suppresses. Died again

Didn't realize I lost xp? Can I lose both DZ and regular xp? I don't recall it ever showing what I lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom