• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

Well finally got the firearms mod blueprint. Pretty happy with my stat distribution atm.

uUQSEEP.jpg

Deku Tree

How do you test the 1% of the 1%?

you hire them as game testers and pay them with cookies, or Red Bull.

Patch notes for the maintenance tomorrow should be coming later today:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1416321-Weekly-Scheduled-Maintenance-Tuesday-March-22

I was disappointed with the level of detail in the last patch notes: would prefer more detail than "General balancing of experience gain and drop rates for items and currency". If it's like that then we will have to wait to play to find out what they are going to do.

I was disappointed with the level of detail in the last patch notes: would prefer more detail than "General balancing of experience gain and drop rates for items and currency". If it's like that then we will have to wait to play to find out what they are going to do.

And then it will be like "I found a yellow after 6 hours of grinding the DZ they must have increased the drop rate exponentially!" Although we will never know the rate.

EVENING RESET TEAM

Looking to put a group together to run through the dailies and challenge mode when they reset tonight. Looking to start at 9pm EST.

Anyone interested? Just reply with your PSN ID and I will add you to the list. I have been using matchmaking to do them but would love to run with a group from here with mics.

1. SumptuousLemur
2. DekuBleep
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

2 spots left for tonight!

WipedOut

Finally hit 30 last night mostly soloing the whole time. What's next? Guess I need to find people to run the dailies with? Is the BK dude still around or have they fixed that yet?

PSN - W193D0UT

I had a HE chest piece once that had 2 mod slots in it. I wonder if every piece can randomly roll with 2 slots or not (maybe just chest piece?).... would make a significant difference it it was possible.

*edit*

Just checked reddit, and apparently chest can have up to 3 slots, the mask can have 2 slots :eek:

No mod slots for gloves though...
Bought a chest blueprint from DZ6 that can be rolled for 3 slots. So far I've only gotten 1 slot rolls :(

Went in the DZ specifically to level rank. Thought I was doing something great by having gear with more XP per kill(89%) but the numbers came up the same for me and a friend with zero %. I look at the list of stats and there's a separate listing for DZ XP but I've never seen a drop with that. Am I missing something?

you hire them as game testers and pay them with cookies, or Red Bull.

Agreed that's pretty weak. I'd love to see percentages to tweaks or at least detailed descriptions. Though i understand there might be reasons they want to be more vague.

Went in the DZ specifically to level rank. Thought I was doing something great by having gear with more XP per kill(89%) but the numbers came up the same for me and a friend with zero %. I look at the list of stats and there's a separate listing for DZ XP but I've never seen a drop with that. Am I missing something?

Guessing it is borked.

TheYanger

That Vector is fucking ridiculous in the talent department. Really surprised the dps is only that high considering how much firearms stacking that person is doing. I would kill for a roll that good. Literally anyone on earth.
My current

+XP% absolutely works on DZ stuff, without it you'll only get like 160ish per kill from most mobs. The DZ xp mod thhey list isn't in afaik.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
BK is still around man, hit the drive though!

I feel like I should be doing more BK since it's there and is so easy. But when a lex run is pretty fast for 20 credits, I feel less need. But the mats from BK are pretty amazing.

Kal_El

We could potentially find out with tomorrow patch :D

If you wouldn't mind I would really appreciate that. I'm more-so curious about if all your gear is vendor bought/crafted or if you had to rely on RNG drops for most of it.

With your stats I would be able to use all the weapon talents I run with :D

*edit*

If you do post, could you PM me just so I don't miss it :p

I'll send you a pm! It'll be lots of pictures. Also brief explanations to go along with my insane line of thinking. Mods crafted are kneepads and vector; everything else is RNG + Re-calibration

commish

Hmm, interesting. Will have to test this out.

DasTanK

As I said in my last post, the Classic is in no way superior to a SOCOM/FW, but if you have a Classic with better perks than any SOCOM/FW available then a grip slot should most definitely not be a deal breaker.

Also, accuracy and stability are two of the least important stats alongside optimal range. If you don't believe that fact then you are just wrong. No opinions about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I got a HE classic M1A with pretty bad talents but last night got a superior classic M1A with the balanced and the accurate talents. Will probably be using the purple even though it has
less damage per shot.

ch4fx_

I feel like I should be doing more BK since it's there and is so easy. But when a lex run is pretty fast for 20 credits, I feel less need. But the mats from BK are pretty amazing.

I haven't had a chance to run Lex yet, but I'm looking forward to it -- I hear it's much more manageable than the other CMs (and the PC payout is awesome).

I got a HE classic M1A with pretty bad talents but last night got a superior classic M1A with the balanced and the accurate talents. Will pretty be using the purple even though it has
less damage per shot.
I still haven't found a HE sniper that's better than my superior SOCOM M1A. It's a headshot crucifier.

commish

Those are some great weapons/perks... you could realistically roll a HE with less desirable stats/perks than those two primaries. But i hear you... I only have a black market AK and cad that rolled decently.

Yeah, sometimes the perks on a purple will be near unbeatable without near perfect rolls on an HE. I had a purple assault rifle that was perfect and I could only replace it once I got a better AK with great rolls. Not sure I'll ever replace my M1A at this rate.

Is there a high end version of First Wave M1 marksman rifle?

I remember seeing a picture here... where/who drops it?

Probably a random "drop" but in 65 hours I have only got 3 Yellow drops, all Cads and all off BK...drop rate for yellows is atrocious, especially since when you do get one, it is usually not even an upgrade (going by my friends few that dropped)

owlbeak

Is there a high end version of First Wave M1 marksman rifle?

I remember seeing a picture here... where/who drops it?
Yes. Someone talked about getting one, and I've seen it show up on Reddit. It's apparently one of, if not the most, rare weapons in the game.

WITHE1982

Where would be the best place to get HE armour? I've ran CM a few times and ended up with 3 HE masks in a row but nothing else. Guess RNG doesn't like me all that much.

Where would be the best place to get HE armour? I've ran CM a few times and ended up with 3 HE masks in a row but nothing else. Guess RNG doesn't like me all that much.
Vendor upstairs in BoO sells blueprints and direct items or getting to rank 50 in the dz and going to safe room vendors for their blueprints or direct items.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
If Bullet King isn't spawning for me (just hit 30 last night), is there any other mobs that work like him?

Every named enemy I believe, as long as you just kill the named one and not their goons they always respawn. BK is just the quickest as it is literally around the corner from a safehouse.

TheYanger

Tunnel is the easiest - you can kill almost everyone from distance.

This. Tunnel is by FAR the easiest, Lexington is just significantly more efficient once you're in farming mode.

If I had to rank them, it'd be tunnel, then probably Consolate, then Lexington, then Powerplant. Consolate and Lexington might be a push, Consolate is really not that hard it just has one specific pull where like 4 shotgun guys rush you, but otherwise it's a breeze. It has a lot of RP though. Powerplant has like multiple spots where grenade/shotgun spam is just absurd though in comparison to the rest.

Edit: That FW M1A destruction video is fucking brutal and awesome. He made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom