• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Over the weekend I went from level 27 to level 30 with ~100kDPS (Black Market AK47, High End Extended Mg) / 60k health / ?? skill / and mostly yellow gear.

Still want a High End Marksman Rifle - what's the best choice here?
I really like the Black Market AK47. I just blew the rest of my PC on the Vector because I keep hearing good things.. but idk. I wanted an AK + a marksman rifle. I don't think an AK+SMG would be as useful.

My high end mag rolled with 93% magazine increase. I thought that was pretty decent but then I saw someone got a roll of 102% :(

BK is dead in my game and that seems boring so I've been doing Lexington Center / Lincoln Tunnel challenge missions over and over with randoms in matchmaking. It's fun and it's been working out pretty well.

I did the daily missions but it took me a while to find out which ones they were..are there no indicators in the map/ UI for what is a daily?

WITHE1982

Vendor upstairs in BoO sells blueprints and direct items or getting to rank 50 in the dz and going to safe room vendors for their blueprints or direct items.

Thanks man. BoO vendor only sells blueprints for masks, holsters and backpacks I think. No body armour or gloves/knee pads. Guess I've got a lot of grinding ahead of me. Or maybe the RNG gods will smile upon me.

Did it mention the backpack glitch at all?

Also glad to see that they are clearly listening to their community with the reward changes in the DZ

Ted

They dont even need to add an incentive just decrease the exp loss it is insane how much you lose even at level 1 rogue.

I really hope they don't lower it, at least not by too much, the risk factor is absolutely the best thing about the mechanic.

When the timer is nearly out and I'm madly running for my rogue life down in some dingy tunnel my heart beats out of my chest. If they lowered the risk and it became pretty trivial to die it would lose so much of the pretty unique thrill.

I want to know that if I fuck this up I will lose something pretty damn significant, it keeps my inner troll in check AND makes it way more fun when I need or simply want to go rogue.

Edit:

Massive said:
Players killed in the Dark Zone will lose less Dark Zone Funds and Experience (Rogue and non-Rogue)

Boo. Sounds like they made pretty much the main interesting and unique element of their game toothless.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
  • Keys chests now have a chance to drop High-End (Gold) items

Someone I know is gonna be happy. They have like 60 keys.

I see Bullet King is being fixed.

• Named NPCs will no longer respawn after being killed in the Open World. This will prevent situations where players were able to kill a same named NPC over and over again.

Some nice changes, but hopefully the HE drop rate increase isn't miniscule. Also, I wish they would've made it so that Challenge Mode bosses wouldn't drop blues like in the Lincoln Tunnel.

This is wishful thinking, but I hope they'll add organization options for inventory management. It's a pain in the ass trying to compare the same weapons with different names and mods.

DontBlink

Named NPCs will no longer respawn after being killed in the Open World. This will prevent situations where players were able to kill a same named NPC over and over again.

I'm only level 26 and still haven't done any BK runs, so this makes me sad. Need to get it in as much as possible tonight before the update.

Yergi

Neo Member
PLAYSTATION 4

• Added an option to disable the PlayStation 4 controller speaker
  • Fixed an issue where ISAC volume could get too loud when playing with headsets

Excellent!

I really appreciate Massive's quick turnaround on patches, but wish they would include more specific numbers rather than just saying "increased" or "decreased".

fuzzyset

Over the weekend I went from level 27 to level 30 with ~100kDPS (Black Market AK47, High End Extended Mg) / 60k health / ?? skill / and mostly yellow gear.

Still want a High End Marksman Rifle - what's the best choice here?

Pray for a HE First Wave M1A drop. There are Mk17 blueprints at the high end vendors, but I wouldn't waste your time with it. The M1A is the best balance of RPM/Mag and damage.

Haruko

Why don't they make named elites outside the DZ just have a high respawn timer, rather than make them go extinct after first kill?

Is it just impossible to have respawn timers in the overworld, period, because of instancing between safehouses/districts?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Some nice changes, but hopefully the HE drop rate increase isn't miniscule. Also, I wish they would've made it so that Challenge Mode bosses wouldn't drop blues like in the Lincoln Tunnel.

This is wishful thinking, but I hope they'll add organization options for inventory management. It's a pain in the ass trying to compare the same weapons with different names and mods.

I think the boss change is because some folks farm hard mode maps for HE items. They are so easy you can run through them in a few minutes. And some, like General Assembly, drop a ton of purples (7 or 8 a run?), so it's a great farming spot. Or it was.

finally a chance to see a high end drop :) and a reason to open chests :) and a reason to go deeper than dz 1 or 2 :)

Well, we'll see. I would love to hear the actual percentage increase for the HE drop increase to named 31-32's. If it's +1% or something like that... well, ya'know. Key chests having the possibility is awesome too.

Overall nice patch incoming. I would have loved to have seen them add previewing cosmetic items and throwing in a "new" icon there as well.

Sullichin

Pray for a HE First Wave M1A drop. There are Mk17 blueprints at the high end vendors, but I wouldn't waste your time with it. The M1A is the best balance of RPM/Mag and damage.

Can one of these drop in challenge mode at HE quality or is my only chance the dark zone?

Haruko

I thought that's what they meant by "Named enemies. will now drop better loot in Challenge mode than in Hard mode."

Whatever Division's faults, its kinda stunning how fast they will patch their game. Remember how it took bungie like 3 months to fix the Atheon solo exploit...

I made it to Level 30 this weekend and promptly jumped into DZ06 alone. I managed to get a bag full of decent items, so decided to extracted but refused to attempt an extraction with enemies that were much more powerful. This prompted me to walk from DZ06 to DZ01 with a full bag without getting into a firefight.

My stealth techniques were pretty on point.

Tawpgun

The DZ needs a huge overhaul still.

The fact that the best weapons and gear are found in vendors (even if it's dz vendors) was BY FAR the games biggest mistake.

The dz is advertised as where the best loot is but that is just not true. I wanted the truly GOAT high end items to be drops from bosses or chests. And that you had to extract.

In Destiny Terms (because I don't know what the current op guns are) imagine if you got a gjallahorn from a boss in dz06..... But now you gotta risk an extraction. The sweat and tension would be unreal. Every other agent you run across is a HUGE threat.

THAT is what the dz should be

I think the boss change is because some folks farm hard mode maps for HE items. They are so easy you can run through them in a few minutes. And some, like General Assembly, drop a ton of purples (7 or 8 a run?), so it's a great farming spot. Or it was.

I have no issues with Hard Mode drops as it is very easy for a decently geared level 30, but I find it laughable that Challenge Mode bosses aren't set to only drop Superior and HE gear considering how much harder it is.

I thought that's what they meant by "Named enemies. will now drop better loot in Challenge mode than in Hard mode."

I'd like to hope so.

The fact that the best weapons and gear are found in vendors (even if it's dz vendors) was BY FAR the games biggest mistake.

The dz is advertised as where the best loot is but that is just not true. I wanted the truly GOAT high end items to be drops from bosses or chests. And that you had to extract.

In Destiny Terms (because I don't know what the current op guns are) imagine if you got a gjallahorn from a boss in dz06..... But now you gotta risk an extraction. The sweat and tension would be unreal. Every other agent you run across is a HUGE threat.

Well they are gonna buff HE drops from DZ...

Reduced the DZ Funds drop? What the hell? Increasing the PC for higher level NPCs is good tho. But am I the only one who thinks it's still too low? :(

Reduced the DZ Funds drop? What the hell? Increasing the PC for higher level NPCs is good tho. But am I the only one who thinks it's still too low? :(
They respawn pretty fast. Just going in a cycle with some friends you can kill named boss kill in one big loop and rake in the Phoenix Credits.

The dz fund decrease makes sense. When I hit dz lvl 50 I was sitting on over 400k dz funds and I was able to buy every blueprint with plenty of funds leftover.

mosdl

Boo. Sounds like they made pretty much the main interesting and unique element of their game toothless.

Going rogue was just too costly and was making the DZ kinda boring. Being rogue/hunting rogues is the most exiting thing in the game and anything that entices people to do that more is a good thing.

They respawn pretty fast. Just going in a cycle with some friends you can kill named boss kill in one big loop and rake in the Phoenix Credits.

The dz fund decrease makes sense. When I hit dz lvl 50 I was sitting on over 400k dz funds and I was able to buy every blueprint with plenty of funds leftover.

My group has been having trouble with this as it seems like everyone is finally running loops in DZ5/6 and the bosses are constantly being run at different intervals. When it works though it's awesome and yes, you rake in PCs.

bjaelke

Not that it helps you at all but I've got five (2 from fumes and 3 from BK). I'm keeping hold of them in case gear trading ever becomes a thing.

Gear trading is coming next month but only loot between members in the party when said loot was dropped. Your 5 guns would not qualify for trading.

noomi

I'll send you a pm! It'll be lots of pictures. Also brief explanations to go along with my insane line of thinking. Mods crafted are kneepads and vector; everything else is RNG + Re-calibration

Thank you so much! :)

I will use it as a base to try and get my guy around your level.

tumblr_md5ei4r1JR1rxapud.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GOT DAM

Like to start getting some H-E weapons now.

lrxlWsP.png

Get a Vector ASAP, it's the only way.

Klyka

Banned

you get 30 phoenix credits per challenge mission
15 per daily mission
and you get drops from any named in the game

honestly, phoenix credits really aren't hard to come by at all
by the time you seriously need a steady influx of them, your gear through other sources is at the point that you can just matchmake challenge modes over and over

Ashtar

Nice patch notes i guess they're not going to nerf Smart Cover, truth be told I can't get it to work right when stacking shrug
Bye bye farming

fuzzyset

Yeah, there's so much potential here. My group cleared "The Pit" yesterday and went into the mall that's there. I was expecting a really cool spelunking adventure where we make our way to a named boss, but it was just a circular path with some no named yellow mobs.

Tawpgun

Well they are gonna buff HE drops from DZ...
It's a start but it won't matter unless there are high end, dark zone exclusive drops (kinda how destiny has loot exclusive to raids and other activities) or if they remove or overhaul the vendors. Biggest the best gear in the game is still gotten from farming Phoenix creds and and buying shit. To those deep in the end game, when was the last time you felt a rush extracting an item?

Personally for me, I've never had that because I bought my two best weapons and anything I got out of the dz was just slightly better or different than current gear"

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's a start but it won't matter unless there are high end, dark zone exclusive drops (kinda how destiny has loot exclusive to raids and other activities) or if they remove or overhaul the vendors. Biggest the best gear in the game is still gotten from farming Phoenix creds and and buying shit. To those deep in the end game, when was the last time you felt a rush extracting an item?

Never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom