• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent all my PC on the HE scope blueprint. Tiny upgrade on what I already had :(

Wonder if the extended mag is the only mod blueprint worth buying when you don't have PC to spare

The incursion is going to end up being where all the best loot drops anyway. The Dark Zone is just there in the mean time.

Yup. The race right now is to get the best gear you can currently, but it will surely be outclassed once the Incursion update hits. And then better gear will drop from the second Incursion update in May. And then better gear in the Underground Expansion, etc. The gear has to continually get better in a loot shooter as time goes on.

Spent all my PC on the HE scope blueprint. Tiny upgrade on what I already had :(

Wonder if the extended mag is the only mod blueprint worth buying when you don't have PC to spare

Just depends on RNGesus when you go to actually craft the mod. I bought the extended mag blueprint, then the first one I crafted wasn't as good as a couple of Superior extended mags that had good magazine sizes and rate of fire increases.

Ted

Going rogue was just too costly and was making the DZ kinda boring. Being rogue/hunting rogues is the most exiting thing in the game and anything that entices people to do that more is a good thing.

Too costly? Boring? How is taking such a huge risk boring? NOT taking it is boring but that's on the player for caring too much about some nominal number on a screen only ever going up.

The risk is what made the DZ so unique to me. Assuming the reduction in what you lose is significant and it is now largely trivial to die, that safety net will reduce the tension of being rogue so much.

I hope the reduction is minimal and just there to placate the teary eyed Redditors until they realize this just means more rogues with nothing to lose. I see no reason not kill every non-hostile agent I see if the loss is as trivial as a normal PvE death is currently in the DZ.

I suppose that's fun for a minute. Not as fun as it currently is and certainly not as unique but hey ho.

Completely opposite. They are bringing back the teeth to increase chaos.

Disagree. They'll be more rogues sure, but that only increases the tension for the non-hostile agents and people who prefer PvE, not the rogues themselves.

I'm sticking with boo!

Mikeside

So I'm lv 30, lv 26 dark zone

I'll be looking to farm some phoenix and hopefully get some HE equipment on PC in about 4 hours
Would anybody like to help/join me?
I've not done BK yet

uPlay: IamMikeside

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thank you so much! :)

I will use it as a base to try and get my guy around your level.

GOT DAM

Get a Vector ASAP, it's the only way.

Is it good though? I really like my AUG. Its at 95k DPS with mods. These are the stats.

qPNJzC9.png
egzaUTG.png
wLy4cic.png
uFErqTI.png

noomi

Man all these dark zone changes are exactly what I wanted!

Less punishing deaths, more rewarding kills, more phoenix credits, better loot from NPC's, better loot from chests.

Bring it!

Is it good though? I really like my AUG. Its at 95k DPS with mods. These are the stats.

Yeah it's really good when paired with the right mods and a good talent/damage roll on it. It can be costly though, so be prepared to craft at least a few before you get a decent one.

That being said, if you are having a good time with the AUG, definitely keep it for the fun factor. The Vector is a really solid weapon though, with higher mag size, stability, and reload speed ;)

Haruko

An ode to to the Burger King

When my go-bag starts a-rumblin'
and I'm jonesin' for a treat,
I close my eyes for a big surprise
the Autumn's Hope Phoenix Credit Ranch

I love the Autumn's Hope Phoenix Credit Ranch
The purples they grow on trees
and streams of phoenix cred dressing
flow right up to your knees

There's tumbleweeds of credits
and bloodshed paves the streets
Folks don't front ya 'cause you got the juice
there's a train of Rikers coming with a nice caboose
never get in trouble
never need an excuse
That's the Autumn's Hope Phoenix Credit Ranch

I love the Autumn's Hope Phoenix Credit Ranch
No one tells you to behave (behave)
Your wildest fantasies come true
Safe house cheerleaders give you shaves

Red enemies make you laugh instead
and crafting mats grow like weeds
You get to veg all day
put Caduceus on display
there's a King who wants you to have it your way,
That's the Autumn's Hope Phoenix Credit Ranch
the Autumn's Hope Phoenix Credit Ranch

LiK

i didn't even get to do the BK stuff :(

anyone wanna do it with me tonight? i can probably get to level 29 by completing one more sidequest

Depends on the talents you get from the Vector you craft. I had a Level 29 AUG I really liked, but I was pretty fortunate and crafted a HE Vector with some really good talents on the first try.

I just got the game and I'm finding the hard missions to be REALLY hard sometimes. Is it even worth doing at level 7 when I'm only getting blues?

Too costly? Boring? How is taking such a huge risk boring? NOT taking it is boring but that's on the player for caring too much about some nominal number on a screen only ever going up.

The risk is what made the DZ so unique to me. Assuming the reduction in what you lose is significant and it is now largely trivial to die, that safety net will reduce the tension of being rogue so much (and indeed just being in the DZ).

I hope the reduction is minimal and just there to placate the teary eyed Redditors.

Because grinding for XP is not fun and losing a level because a troll got in your way isn't fair. Losing 15k XP after killing two rogue players and not attacking a regular player was a head scratcher.

If the HE drops are actually better, there's more risk of people killing you during extractions now.

I just got the game and I'm finding the hard missions to be REALLY hard sometimes. Is it even worth doing at level 7 when I'm only getting blues?

I would say no as the rewards aren't worth the time and effort. Just go through the game on Normal then revisit them once you hit 30 and do the daily missions.

Iceman829

If you run a bunch of side missions just stick to the normal missions unless you are getting power boosted. It's not worth the time investment. Just knock out as much as you can and once your level is high enough for the next mission head on over.

DasTanK

It's a start but it won't matter unless there are high end, dark zone exclusive drops (kinda how destiny has loot exclusive to raids and other activities) or if they remove or overhaul the vendors. Biggest the best gear in the game is still gotten from farming Phoenix creds and and buying shit. To those deep in the end game, when was the last time you felt a rush extracting an item?

Personally for me, I've never had that because I bought my two best weapons and anything I got out of the dz was just slightly better or different than current gear"

I felt a rush when i got a yellow M1A with a new group I met and they kept asking me about my yellow. I was nervous with proximity chat and other players around would hear. Got to the bryant park extraction (DZ3 I think) with another group around it. I had to pop my defensive ult and overheal to extract it. It was definitely a rush but the only one I've had so far.

Dont worry about hard mode until you're lvl 30. You don't any extra quest xp, just more kill xp for doing it on hard. And the time time it takes to do hard mode isn't worth the extra xp. You'll be doing plenty of hard mode missions for dailies once you hit 30 anyway

Chucker

Anybody farming BK now(PS4)? I could steal an instance from you and just go that way.
Looks like my guy is only dropping pads and mods. I know, I know RNG and all.

you're doing Hard at lvl 7? o_O
Yeah lol. Played the first 4 missions on hard, solo. Shit is brutal at times.

I would say no as the rewards aren't worth the time and effort. Just go through the game on Normal then revisit them once you hit 30 and do the daily missions.

If you run a bunch of side missions just stick to the normal missions unless you are getting power boosted. It's not worth the time investment. Just knock out as much as you can and once your level is high enough for the next mission head on over.

Dont worry about hard mode until you're lvl 30. You don't any extra quest xp, just more kill xp for doing it on hard. And the time time it takes to do hard mode isn't worth the extra xp. You'll be doing plenty of hard mode missions for dailies once you hit 30 anyway

I figured as much. It takes way too long sometimes. Thanks for the tips guys

EL CUCO

i didn't even get to do the BK stuff :(

anyone wanna do it with me tonight? i can probably get to level 29 by completing one more sidequest
Me either, Lik. Kinda glad I didnt tbh.

Would've forced me to rush through the game to hit 30 just to farm the dude. Been taking a different approach than what I did with Destiny. Playing the game at my own pace and taking it all in. Once I hit 30, the end game will open up and sooner or later I'll be geared up plenty.

The patch actually looks decent, I can finally go back into the DZ. I pretty much have just been doing the daily missions and that's it. Now I can start grinding DZ again.

Ted

Because grinding for XP is not fun and losing a level because a troll got in your way isn't fair. Losing 15k XP after killing two rogue players and not attacking a regular player was a head scratcher.

Fair? I don't even know what this means in the context of the DZ.

If your motivation in the DZ is simply grinding to 50 in as easy as possible way to unlock a particular inventory item then I guess we're probably just fundamentally different player types so we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

On a related note, trigger discipline is a pretty simple and effective answer to people walking into your line of fire as you can get a good few shots on someone before going rogue.

What?! It just gained more fangs. There's going to be a lot of rogues now.

Only for non-hostile agents:

Ted said:
Disagree. They'll be more rogues sure, but that only increases the tension for the non-hostile agents and people who prefer PvE, not the rogues themselves.

I'm sticking with boo!

RdN

Patch notes sound really good.

I'm glad they are fixing BK while upping PXC/HE in the DZ...

I do, however, fear that this change will cause a jam in DZ4-6, while leaving DZ1-3 empty.

LiK

Me either, Lik. Kinda glad I didnt tbh.

Would've forced me to rush through the game to hit 30 just to farm the dude. Been taking a different approach than what I did with Destiny. Playing the game at my own pace and taking it all in. Once I hit 30, the end game will open up and sooner or later I'll be geared up plenty.

let's do some DZ stuff when we we're both 30.

SolidC213

I know this has probably been asked tons of times but will this game ever have actual multiplayer?

4v4 in capture the flag, zones and of course DM and TDM with this game would be SO much fun. It reminds me of Socom and I had a lot of fun on the multiplayer of that.

Don't get me wrong the DZ is awesome but I want to fight people and it be a fair fight. No over leveled people to fight and no 1 on 8 fights lol. A traditional multiplayer mode where no ones levels matter and all that matters is the weapons. This would be the icing on the cake that would keep me playing this game forever.

mosdl

I know this has probably been asked tons of times but will this game ever have actual multiplayer?

4v4 in capture the flag, zones and of course DM and TDM with this game would be SO much fun. It reminds me of Socom and I had a lot of fun on the multiplayer of that.

Don't get me wrong the DZ is awesome but I want to fight people and it be a fair fight. No over leveled people to fight and no 1 on 8 fights lol. A traditional multiplayer mode where no ones levels matter and all that matters is the weapons. This would be the icing on the cake that would keep me playing this game forever.

People with better gear would still dominate since they'll have better weapon mods, etc. Would be hard to balance, hence why the 3rd expansion seems to be a horde mode or ME-like mp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom