• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyasu

Banned
Finally did some CMs today... Holy shit they were good. The tactics and gadgets you need to use for the different encounters plus the communication and teamwork make them really great.

Holy fuck that Russian embassy mission lol. After listening to the advice of players on here, I was trying to get my teammates to all equip deployable cover to block doorways and corridors. So good.

I didn't take any notice, but is there a patch to download or is this all done server side??

Finally did some CMs today... Holy shit they were good. The tactics and gadgets you need to use for the different encounters plus the communication and teamwork make them really great.

Holy fuck that Russian embassy mission lol. After listening to the advice of players on here, I was trying to get my teammates to all equip deployable cover to block doorways and corridors. So good.
The Russian embassy is a fantastic challenge. Even with smart cover stacking it's still a difficult experience.

I get both of your points, I really really do.

The thing is, for me gambling that whole rank IS the exciting and unique thing whatever rank I am at.

I would have preferred an increased pay out for surviving rather than a reduced loss for getting hunted down and bettered if simply encouraging more players to try out the dark side is the aim.

Clearly though fellas I am in the minority and others are excited for the changes so yay for the community at large! :)

I think you are truly in the minority if the risk of deranking is what gets your juices flowing. I don't think it'll be an extreme nerf and will probably have a larger effect at level 30+.

I was unaware you could even do this and assumed that the NPCs would just clip through them.

Changes sound like a good start. They still need to do something w/ DZ funds, b/c right now they are useless. Maybe add a way to convert them into PC?

I know this has probably been asked tons of times but will this game ever have actual multiplayer?

4v4 in capture the flag, zones and of course DM and TDM with this game would be SO much fun. It reminds me of Socom and I had a lot of fun on the multiplayer of that.

Don't get me wrong the DZ is awesome but I want to fight people and it be a fair fight. No over leveled people to fight and no 1 on 8 fights lol. A traditional multiplayer mode where no ones levels matter and all that matters is the weapons. This would be the icing on the cake that would keep me playing this game forever.

I personally would love a traditional multiplayer mode in the Division. They could follow Destiny's example and normalize. Hell, they could have two main modes, one where it's true stats for your gear/weapons and one normalized. (Crucible/Iron Banner)

Just rope off certain portions of the map to make "maps" and let us run around and go 12v12.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I hope incursions are super hard. Would be fun to have some content that we can grow into.

Audioboxer

Not that great tbh. My Custom Level 31 M44 is a lot better.

Vector shreds everything apart combined with pulse/smart cover. DPS is not everything.

My current build, which I try to have fairly balanced.

Yeah I like the Vector. Need a better roll like yours.

Where do you get a HE chest piece from btw? Random drop?

I didn't take any notice, but is there a patch to download or is this all done server side??

The Russian embassy is a fantastic challenge. Even with smart cover stacking it's still a difficult experience.

I am never doing that fucking mission ever again. We got it done in under an hour and then it bugged out because the enemy body despawns and we couldn't investigate it to finish it. Not to mention it doesn't seem that it has been fixed based on the patch notes too.

Fuck it.

Pretty impressive by the patch notes. Massive has been able to patch things extremely quickly since the close beta.

I know this has probably been asked tons of times but will this game ever have actual multiplayer?

4v4 in capture the flag, zones and of course DM and TDM with this game would be SO much fun. It reminds me of Socom and I had a lot of fun on the multiplayer of that.
At this point I would like some traditional PVP in the game like Gears of War. Not sure why people are saying it'll be imbalance. They can simply make it so that you don't bring your own gear into these gametypes. They can still have DZ since it's a different experience all together.

Leyasu

Banned

A great mission. And it was you that first said about blocking entrances.

I think you are truly in the minority if the risk of deranking is what gets your juices flowing. I don't think it'll be an extreme nerf and will probably have a larger effect at level 30+.

I was unaware you could even do this and assumed that the NPCs would just clip through them.

It does work, but you need enough to stop them.

Hawk269

The improved texture streaming on PS4 sounds good. I have a friend that I was at his home and noticed the textures loading was a little more off that the PC or Xbox One version.

I think it is great when devs continue to work on stuff like this and not just fixing bugs or exploits etc.

Arrrammis

Well, I'm officially starting a new character for PvP in the dark zone. Now, to go through the long and somewhat badly paced storyline all over again... The story itself is cool, but some of the npc lines and "defend this position for 3 minutes" just make it so long.

BraXzy

My current stats and what my guy looks like. I've not landed on a build yet.

rGn4hTJ.jpg

bjaelke

Well, I'm officially starting a new character for PvP in the dark zone. Now, to go through the long and somewhat badly paced storyline all over again... The story itself is cool, but some of the npc lines and "defend this position for 3 minutes" just make it so long.

Doing the same here. Being able to share all the good stuff between chars is really important.

noomi

The improved texture streaming on PS4 sounds good. I have a friend that I was at his home and noticed the textures loading was a little more off that the PC or Xbox One version.

I think it is great when devs continue to work on stuff like this and not just fixing bugs or exploits etc.

Yep, excited for this as well. I don't expect it to go away completely, but at least have it improve a bit. Right now it's really bad and obvious.

Just starting out, any tips?
Deconstruct all the gears you don't want. From 1-30, just deconstruct stuff when you get better gear at the next level. You'll want all the parts you can get for when you need to craft High-End gear. Sell stuff if you really need too but don't worry about gear so much until you're 30. If you get a weapon at level 23, you'll end up finding a better weapon soon at 24, 25, etc. Because of this you won't really need to buy anything. You'll get your gear from drops.

Play all the story missions and light blue missions if you want to level up as quickly as possible. It's entirely up to you of course how quickly you want to get to 30. The colored side missions are important as well since they give points towards upgrading your base of operation.

Open up the security wing as soon as you can. There is an upgrade that gives you 10%+ exp from all missions.

WipedOut

Anyone on PS4, willing to help farm or do the dailies? Just hit 30 and need "stuff". Not really sure on where to go from here.

PSN - W193D0UT

Iceman829

Play the story missions, check out the side missions for additional exp and base materials.

Do the mission at MSG first and then the Security mission. The first Medical mission (MSG) unlocks self heal and the Security mission unlocks a 10% exp boost on everything.

Don't worry about hard mode till later. Ignore our burger king comments, you'll sadly never see him. Enjoy the world and explore around and have fun.

Certain medical upgrades increase your mask lvl which allows you to enter higher level contaminated zones.

Deconstruct, deconstruct, deconstruct.

And this.

noomi

Dont worry about credits, deconstruct all gear you don't need, complete side missions and encounters here and there, and don't worry about loot too much because everything you have will be quickly replaced at level 30. Most importantly, enjoy :)

Hawk269

Yep, excited for this as well. I don't expect it to go away completely, but at least have it improve a bit. Right now it's really bad and obvious.

Yeah it is kind of odd that the PS4 version suffers from it a bit more than the Xbox One version (please, not wanting to start a console war out of this). It is not the first time this has happened with a game. Just really glad they are improving it. Looking forward to playing with some of the improvements this patch is going to bring to the whole game.

Not to be a party pooper, but glad they are fixing the exploits. I am sure there will be new ones discovered though, but really happy that Massive is able to fix them pretty quickly.

mosdl

Dont worry about credits, deconstruct all gear you don't need, complete side missions and encounters here and there, and don't worry about loot too much because everything you have will be quickly replaced at level 30. Most importantly, enjoy :)

For stuff that gives you fabrics, you might as well sell most of those since the money is decent for rerolls on blue/purps and fabrics are easy to come buy it seems

Hawk269

Like many have said already, deconstruct. You can tag items and doing the deconstructing on one feel swoop. You just tag all unwanted items as "junk" and on the last one you tag you can deconstruct "all junk" it one hit.

I would say enjoy the environment, explore and look for the hidden collectibles, but this depends if you are power leveler? Some are all about getting to the max level as quick as possible, while others are into the exploring and enjoying the ride a bit more slowly etc. I know a lot don't suggest it, but I tend to go into the DZ a few times, even at low level. I started going into the DZ at level 10 and would do a few kills and extract the loot. Found that the loot (if you are lucky) was beneficial in areas outside of the DZ.

As mentioned, deconstruct for materials is a good suggestions, but every once in a while, I do sell just to buy an items that I see in the vendors that helps out my stats a lot.

Chucker

Only been hitting up the dollar menu for around an hour and already jumped 30k health, and 20k dps on my primary and secondary.

Great stuff, gonna get as much of it in as I can.

Iceman829

Anyone on PS4, willing to help farm or do the dailies? Just hit 30 and need "stuff". Not really sure on where to go from here.

PSN - W193D0UT

Run the 2 dailies on hard everyday you can. that's 30 phoenix credit (15 each). If you can't find anyone online just use matchmaking and just about any team can complete them at this point.

CM try to squad up. This is all about the team shoot and squad work. People seem to be using 4 smart covers as the bonus stack on each other and you can get like +200%. A couple of support stations for health and infinite ammo and a pulse for damage boost.

edit: also support link as well I believe. battle buddy perk can help when reviving people as well

BK drive thru is currently still open until the server update overnight, so if you want to grind purples and 1-3 pcreds a kill. You will get a bunch of mats and some upgrades.

I think a new thread for the patch would be fine, considering they're quickly working to fix the DZ. It's good to highlight when devs are doing things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom