• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special C

4 smart covers
3 support stations with ammo mods
1 pulse

It makes cm modes far more manageable. 👍

I didn't know smart cover stacked, I always removed it when a teammate had it. No skills should ever stack, more skill variation in the group makes it more interesting.

Klyka

Banned
4 smart covers alone makes CM a breeze. Seems a lot of people don't care for smart cover though.

it shouldn't stack like that and will hopefully be changed.
hopefully a stealth patch for tomorrow

i refuse to use it cause it makes the game even easier than it already is.

Daft Punk

Banned
Boo. Sounds like they made pretty much the main interesting and unique element of their game toothless.

How so? The main reason people get so paranoid about going Rogue is that when you die all of your stuff you got is free game. Losing a bag full of Purple and Yellows is scarier to me than losing 20K XP.

Klyka

Banned
How so? The main reason people get so paranoid about going Rogue is that when you die all of your stuff you got is free game. Losing a bag full of Purple and Yellows is scarier to me than losing 20K XP.

people don't understand that going rogue is supposed to be about loot

but no one ever cares cause all they want is buy stuff for tokens at some vendor

players make games boring zzzzZZZZ

I like the auto revive station more just because it can save your bacon from resetting every so often.

Also a good option! As long as at least one support stairs has the ammo mod, then you're good to go. As someone who is constantly low on ammo with the Vector, it's necessary lol.

I didn't know smart cover stacked, I always removed it when a teammate had it. No skills should ever stack, more skill variation in the group makes it more interesting.

Yep. They stack. It's fantastic.

OK.

It shouldn't and using a bunch of different skills is more fun. But it definitely helps those who constantly get stuck playing CM or in this case helps when people want to get through as fast as possible.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Lol, how often do you lose yellows in the DZ. the only thing people care about is losing rank because it means hours of farming lost.

If crafting wasn't gated behind rank then people would give less of a shit about dying.

Hahs

...just fix the goddamn audio.

If it's not the music/sound effects intermittently cutting out, its the whole broken cell phone conversation audio (like somebody's cutting through with a bad connection) shit...so annoying, so weird.

Iceman829

Also, for those fresh lvl 30's the Pakhan the vendor at the BoO sells for like 480k is worth the investment if you can unlock the perks. If you need an upgrade the perks give bonus armor destruction and increased damage to elite enemies. I forget what the perk requirements are, so don't waste your cash if it doesn't help you right now

...just fix the goddamn audio.

If it's not the music/sound effects intermittently cutting out, its the whole broken cell phone conversation audio (like somebody's cutting through with a bad connection) shit...so annoying, so weird.
I had a really weird incident where ALL of my audio slowly faded away. It was like my game was going deaf bit by bit. I ended up not being able to hear anything at all. Had to log out and log back in.

Lately when I've been going into the Dark Zone my friends and I have been getting trounced by Rogues and we find ourselves almost completely unable to defend ourselves. We've just recently hit level 30 and are in the new bracket but it seems like some Rogues we keep meeting are way higher than us with either incredibly high DPS and stamina/armor counts. The thought occurred to me that the 30+ bracket for DZ players might be open-ended and not tiered, meaning that level 60+ players are in the same Dark Zones as starter 30s.

Can anyone clarify this for me? If it's true then the balancing issue I'm perceiving is something I hope Massive fixes. When my friends and I are getting annihilated in two seconds by a pair of guys and my 80k DPS rifle is only doing very minor damage, we have no hope of defending ourselves. I know at 30+ it's a game about getting the best loot possible but with DZ purchasable items still being tiered at level 50 and beyond it becomes a potentially painful grind for newer or more casual players.

Does the talent of decreasing skill cooldowns by 5% per headshot really do what it says on the tin?

So 20 headshots, and the skills are available again? Including signature skills?

Need like 400 more Firearms to unlock it on the Caduceus

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Lately when I've been going into the Dark Zone my friends and I have been getting trounced by Rogues and we find ourselves almost completely unable to defend ourselves. We've just recently hit level 30 and are in the new bracket but it seems like some Rogues we keep meeting are way higher than us with either incredibly high DPS and stamina/armor counts. The thought occurred to me that the 30+ bracket for DZ players might be open-ended and not tiered, meaning that level 60+ players are in the same Dark Zones as starter 30s.

Can anyone clarify this for me? If it's true then the balancing issue I'm perceiving is something I hope Massive fixes. When my friends and I are getting annihilated in two seconds by a pair of guys and my 80k DPS rifle is only doing very minor damage, we have no hope of defending ourselves. I know at 30+ it's a game about getting the best loot possible but with DZ purchasable items still being tiered at level 50 and beyond it becomes a potentially painful grind for newer or more casual players.

Max level is 30.

Does the talent of decreasing skill cooldowns by 5% per headshot really do what it says on the tin?

So 20 headshots, and the skills are available again? Including signature skills?

Need like 400 more Firearms to unlock it on the Caduceus

Yes, and it procs off any red damage. Not just headshots.

bjaelke

Correct. At level 30 the entire DZ is opened up. With tomorrow's patch they're trying to lure high lever players North by offering better rewards from the high level enemies.

Farm BK tonight and get the vector for easy 120ish DPS. Other than that I dont know, I rarely see rogues at 30.

EL CUCO

people don't understand that going rogue is supposed to be about loot

but no one ever cares cause all they want is buy stuff for tokens at some vendor

players make games boring zzzzZZZZ
Saw someone pick up a purple drop right in front of my face. Guess he dropped it when he died. I was so tempted to administer a top tier ganking but he had 2 other people with him and I was running solo at the time.

_woLf

Are they going to fix it so I can actually buy high tier dark zone gear?

When I was level 14 I could buy level 14 gear at DZ10. Now at 19 I can only buy DZ30 gear, and I've heard from a friend when you're closer to DZ30 it jumps to DZ60.

How is that supposed to work?

Also, no mention of the bug with the medical wing tutorial upgrade UI bug being fixed. :(

SirDgby

Neo Member

Yep.. you're basically going up against geared 30s.

The good news is the climb from being a fresh 30 to having at least a respectable set of gear is pretty quick -- its the final push towards maxing out your build that is the real time sink.

Get your buddies together and do some runs of the general assembly mission on hard... you will get a bunch of purples each run with a decent chance at high end drops. This alone will close the gap a ton.

You can also do each of the hard dailies once a night for some easy PC. Once you're decently geared, start doing the CM lexington mission for guaranteed golds and more PC.

DZ is tiered by Levels.. not Rank. Rank doesn't necessarily mean someone is stronger.. but anyone Rank 50 and up has access to the strongest vendor weapons in the game.

Still.. it's not likely that you're constantly running into Rank 50+. Though you are likely running into people with full Purple or mixed Purple and Gold equipped players. Advice for fresh 30's is run the last mission on HM once or twice for a ton of purples to get started. Do the Hard Mode Dailies for gear and Phoenix Credits. Do the Challenge Daily if you can for 50 Phoenix Credits (on the first clear) and 30 each subsequent clear to get geared up. Challenge Mode is the most difficult PvE currently in the game and awards you 1 piece of High End (Gold) gear everytime you clear it.

‏@TheDivisionGame
FYI, we removed one change originally listed in the Patch Notes. Read the updated version here (change in orange):

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-242994-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 enemies in the Dark Zone: Please note that due to this fix causing client stability issues, we have to remove it from this update until it can be addressed in a next one
Lvl 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits

Please note that due to this fix causing client stability issues, we have to remove it from this update until it can be addressed in a next one

noooooo

Hawk269

Anyone read through the thread where the patch notes were posted? A lot of rage over the named enemies in the PVE areas of the game. After reading the comments, I actually agree with many of them. The killing of the exploit was needed, but eliminating the named bosses completely also makes the PVE areas a barren waste land. One person suggested that perhaps they should of put them on a timer, like a 4-6 hour timer where they would respawn, the exploit would not work because it could not be a 90sec rinse and repeat, but at least the named bosses and the henchmen could reappear so it gives the chance for non DZ players to get a chance at some good loot.

A lot of the anger sounds like it comes from people that rather play in the PVE areas versus the DZ, which I fully understand that side of the argument. Perhaps Massive can find a middle ground. I personally feel that some more "life" in the open world would be welcomed and having some of the named bosses randomly respawn every 4-6 hours and perhaps in different locations as well so it is not as predictable would be a good thing.

noomi

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-242994-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 enemies in the Dark Zone: Please note that due to this fix causing client stability issues, we have to remove it from this update until it can be addressed in a next one

Please note that due to this fix causing client stability issues, we have to remove it from this update until it can be addressed in a next one

noooooo

BOOOOOOOOOOO

Are they going to fix it so I can actually buy high tier dark zone gear?

When I was level 14 I could buy level 14 gear at DZ10. Now at 19 I can only buy DZ30 gear, and I've heard from a friend when you're closer to DZ30 it jumps to DZ60.

How is that supposed to work?

Also, no mention of the bug with the medical wing tutorial upgrade UI bug being fixed. :(

At Level 30 the DZ Rank for the best stuff goes up to Rank 50. Not all of it but a good chunk of it. It's just tiered so that you have to spend some time in the DZ and it's stilted like that just in case you've been putting in some DZ time as you leveled.

noooooo

For clarity, they're removing the higher PC drops from the Lvl 31 and 32 mobs.

noooooo
vader.jpg

Iceman829

noooooo

But they still have a better drop rate right?
.04% higher?

Silvard

So as a solo DZ player I'm fucked after the update? I can totally see the DZ becoming a much more hostile place from now on.

Any PS4 GAF groups willing to take me in their fold?

psychotron

I know I'm way behind everyone else, but I just got to level 10. I'm noticing that I'm getting lots of armor that matches my current level, but doesn't seem to have stats nearly as good as my level 7-8 items. Am I missing something? Same with weapons. Is there a rule of thumb I should be following for armor and weapons?

SirDgby

Neo Member
I know I'm way behind everyone else, but I just got to level 10. I'm noticing that I'm getting lots of armor that matches my current level, but doesn't seem to have stats nearly as good as my level 7-8 items. Am I missing something? Same with weapons. Is there a rule of thumb I should be following for armor and weapons?

stats/bonuses are randomly rolled when the item drops... higher level items should have a 'higher' range they can land in, but its quite possible a poorly rolled item might be worse than a lower level one.

also, some items might roll with +armor stats which would make the arrows you see before picking it up appear to be an upgrade even though their other stats might be worse.

You can see the impact of the increased armor in the character tab

SolidC213

People with better gear would still dominate since they'll have better weapon mods, etc. Would be hard to balance, hence why the 3rd expansion seems to be a horde mode or ME-like mp.

I can see balancing being an issue between Multiplayer and PVE. Making it seamlessly feel like the same game between those two would be difficult especially when you add in how the the Dark Zone works.

For balance in multiplayer I don't think it would be bad. Multiplayer makes any over powered weapons become seriously over used,. Fixes come pretty quick in this game so I don't think they could fix it really fast.

I can also see kill stealing being a HUGE problem in multiplayer for this depending on how long a kill takes. Right now in the DZ it can take anywhere from 2 seconds to minutes to kill someone depending on how many medkits etc. they have. Imagine working on a guy for a while and then your teammate swoops in while your reloading and takes it. Would happen a ton in my opinion.

I personally would love a traditional multiplayer mode in the Division. They could follow Destiny's example and normalize. Hell, they could have two main modes, one where it's true stats for your gear/weapons and one normalized. (Crucible/Iron Banner)

Just rope off certain portions of the map to make "maps" and let us run around and go 12v12.

Yes, that is exactly what I was just telling my friend. Make a true stat mode for the hard core and a normal mode where levels don't matter.

At this point I would like some traditional PVP in the game like Gears of War. Not sure why people are saying it'll be imbalance. They can simply make it so that you don't bring your own gear into these gametypes. They can still have DZ since it's a different experience all together.

Yeah, I don't think it would be either. With an Iron Banner type of mode where levels and gear matters imbalance would be more apparent but I think they can make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom