• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they'd go for a Battle Royale-esque mode unless they had a way to make it make sense in the universe...which is possible.

One of the four enemy factions has captured a group of survivors and is making them survive, as sport. Each faction has a different area of the map, as well as different weapons available to them.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-242994-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 enemies in the Dark Zone: Please note that due to this fix causing client stability issues, we have to remove it from this update until it can be addressed in a next one
Lvl 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits

Please note that due to this fix causing client stability issues, we have to remove it from this update until it can be addressed in a next one

noooooo

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31837-1377633787-6.gif

Anung

Un Rama
Is there any easy way of keep track of what missions you've done on hard? I'm muddled up on what order I did things.

I don't know if they'd go for a Battle Royale-esque mode unless they had a way to make it make sense in the universe...which is possible.

One of the four enemy factions has captured a group of survivors and is making them survive, as sport. Each faction has a different area of the map, as well as different weapons available to them.

Well,
we were fighting other Division agents in the main story
eventually and i'm sure they could work it into some DZ-themed mode where high end loot is there to gain and it's first-wave vs second-wave teams?

Tawpgun

Doesn't have to be a sport.

Section off part of the city

The virus has mutated and re emerged. We have quarantined it to this area. it likely bypassed your filters. You can slow down the virus by consuming so and so. We'll be air dropping supplies. Be careful agent, others will want the supplies too. There is not enough for everyone.

Now you play. Supply drops funnel everyone in until there is a singular supply drop for a cure. Only one syringe. Don't get it in time and you die.

Archpath1

they can just make it like
rainbow six siege

25secs
let players choose from set stat weapons, skills , perks
then go into arena

or a custom MP character slot with all that already choosen by yourself before you go into the MP

The virus has mutated and re emerged. We have quarantined it to this area. it likely bypassed your filters. You can slow down the virus by consuming so and so. We'll be air dropping supplies. Be careful agent, others will want the supplies too. There is not enough for everyone.

Now you play. Supply drops funnel everyone in until there is a singular supply drop for a cure. Only one syringe. Don't get it in time and you die.

Very cool idea! I'd play a mode like that if there was also traditional Deathmatch and CTF.

they can just make it like
rainbow six siege

25secs
let players choose from set stat weapons, skills , perks
then go into arena

or a custom MP character slot with all that already choosen by yourself before you go into the MP

I'd also be good with these ideas. I really think it just needs some traditional multiplayer to bolster it. I'm getting bored slowly and hoping it eventually comes.

Well,
we were fighting other Division agents in the main story
eventually and i'm sure they could work it into some DZ-themed mode where high end loot is there to gain and it's first-wave vs second-wave teams?

I'm mostly trying to find a way to justify "you have no equipment" when you have equipment through the entire game. Getting captured and being stripped of all your gear is an easy way to do that.

If they wanted to embrace the fact that it's a game, they wouldn't need to do any reasoning/justification of course. They did take time/effort to justify/contextualize the Dark Zone, so I assume they'd want to do the same here.

I really hope at some point they add structured PvP modes to the game. After they flesh out and balance the DZ more of course. DZ is great and all, and there is a lot of potential there for it's own modes and variations....but part of me is dying for some good ole 4v4 or 8v8. Yeah there is a pretty big gear gap so they would have to do some sort of matchmaking that takes your stats into account or puts everyone on the same level, but I think it could be done right. The modes wouldn't even need to give gear like the DZ, just credits and/or appearance items, and maybe a ranking system and k/d ratio stats.

Seems there is always hate with this idea or it doesn't fit into the lore or some other excuse, however I think it would help increase the longevity of the game and well...more options is always a good thing imo.

But I'm only lvl 12 so my opinion may change later on.

Also, anyone think they should have uncluttered the streets just a little and gave us dirt bikes/atvs to get around? Would have been pretty sweet if you ask me.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Who knows. They patched it from 10-15 to 1-3 real quick though.

That was across the board though. They likely needed to implement a different system in order to regulate PXC based on level. If it made the patch notes then it was working fine up until final testing when a bug was found.

Tawpgun

I'm mostly trying to find a way to justify "you have no equipment" when you have equipment through the entire game. Getting captured and being stripped of all your gear is an easy way to do that.

If they wanted to embrace the fact that it's a game, they wouldn't need to do any reasoning/justification of course. They did take time/effort to justify/contextualize the Dark Zone, so I assume they'd want to do the same here.
In my version you have all your gear but yeah it's not traditional BR then

CTF would be easy. Capture and extract something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com...m:148-76770-32

Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 enemies in the Dark Zone: Please note that due to this fix causing client stability issues, we have to remove it from this update until it can be addressed in a next one
Lvl 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits

Please note that due to this fix causing client stability issues, we have to remove it from this update until it can be addressed in a next one

noooooo

lol

Where's that?
BK is at Autumn's Hope (Time's Square)

Toki767

I might have to farm about 70 phoenix credits tonight to buy that Black Market AK or extended weapon mag and just call it a wrap.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oy. That's okay, but will make the level 30 enemy area a bit more of a bloodbath for low geared 30s.
If you can't take them down with the weapons you have ATM, just use flame turret and flash sticky bomb to distract them.

Heck, I still have to flash them because my build has such low health (in order to activate talents).

psychotron

stats/bonuses are randomly rolled when the item drops... higher level items should have a 'higher' range they can land in, but its quite possible a poorly rolled item might be worse than a lower level one.

also, some items might roll with +armor stats which would make the arrows you see before picking it up appear to be an upgrade even though their other stats might be worse.

You can see the impact of the increased armor in the character tab

Thank you. I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom