• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting this in the mail on Wednesday hopefully. Wondering if anyones going be around to do the low level missions. Seems like everyone is already ranked 30 :(

TheYanger

Sorry but how is a glitch that doesn't allow you to finish a challenge mode mission forcing you to restart not game breaking?

It breaks the game at that time.

And if you haven't had that issue, that is great for you, but myself and many others here and online have had this issue happen repeatedly. Its the toughest of all the CM missions and the one that has a game breaking bug right at the end.
By that logic any bug ever is game breaking. It's an annoyance but it's far from game breaking.

Have y'all ever seen this? One of the biggest cockteases in the game for me.

In case it's hard to see: we kill the yellow boss and I see that, at the bottom of his loot drop stack, there is a yellow icon! But as I approach it, it turns to blue :-|

WTF

Haha yeah that happens on the Russian Consulate Mission, the boss drops a yellow item called Shade Tech which is just a quest item.

The first time we beat that mission, all 4 of us got super excited seeing the yellow drop from the boss, then one team mate picked it up and it disappeared and we all were accusing him of stealing our loot :p

So does Smart Cover still stack after the patch?

We don't know because they haven't applied the patch yet. Patch notes don't mention anything.

Serick

Married Member
Just read through the patch notes, I am SO EXCITED and so happy to see they are listening to the feedback from the players...

2 week turn around? Yes please.

Take note Bungie.

TheYanger

Does smart cover stack still work as of right now?

Would be more surprised if they nerf smart cover for some hard mode incursion shit tbh, as much as it 'works' for CMs it's not remotely as good as just going beastmode dps CC.

Anyone that ever did CMs in wow (or just generally speeds through 'hard' early content in any mmo for that matter) should be pretty used to the ramp that these CMs have experienced: Just pure buttclenching challenge, moves into safety strats that let you survive more easily, lead into knowing where mobs spawn, exactly in what number, when, etc, so that being more aggressive actually makes it both faster AND easier. The Smart Cover strat is actively slower and often more dangerous (one person missapplies or misses their application, puts the box in the wrong spot to prevent CC, etc, and you're likely dead). Smart Cover stacking is that middle step: It's the relatively safe and simple strat that you can get pugs to do (4 of my 4 pug members yesterday in lexington were smart cover, the community is learning this stage now clearly), but it's not actually broken or op or anything.

Soroc

Is the Lex Event Center a good CM to dip my feet into? Haven't done any challenges yet, been gearing up. Currently sitting at 95k/90k dps primary and secondary, 49k Health and 18.5k Electronics.

TheYanger

Is the Lex Event Center a good CM to dip my feet into? Haven't done any challenges yet, been gearing up. Currently sitting at 95k/90k dps primary and secondary, 49k Health and 18.5k Electronics.

Just do whatever the daily is, if it's still lexington then yes. Lexington isn't bad even on off days simply because people that know what they're doing are more likely to queue for that than anything e;lse.

I'm assuming it's the one where your whole party can get end-mission rewards even if you've already finished the CM, by having at least one person in the party who hasn't yet done the CM.

No such shenanigans necessary, the CM is SUPPOSED to reward a yellow at the end and 30 credits, regardless of if you've done it. You get 20 more and 1 crafting mat if it's the daily and you haven't done it yet.

Trojan

Anyone have a BK instance on PS4 that I can join in on right now?

Level 30 and just finished the main campaign...want to get in on the craziness before the patch.

PSN: Phife24

hydruxo

Yeah Lexington is the easiest of the 4. Lincoln Tunnel would be 2nd easiest. People have strategies fairly nailed down for those at this point so if you matchmake you should be good.

Warrengate and Russian Consulate are pretty tough so I wouldn't recommend those until later.

Chucker

Got a Caduceus, and went from 30 Phoenix to 192, a good amount of Item Level 31 gear. Time to say goodbye to the king for now.

I'm sitting at ~115k/65k/15k. I have 2 High End primaries and about 3 High End armor pieces.

So what's next?

How are some of these people running around at 180/180/20 ?

Am I supposed to just keep grinding challenging missions until I get better gear?

Is their gear the same as mine with just better attributes?

Is their gear the shit you can buy at DZ50 ?

TheYanger

I'm sitting at ~115k/65k/15k. I have 2 High End primaries and about 3 High End armor pieces.

So what's next?

How are some of these people running around at 180/180/20 ?

Am I supposed to just keep grinding challenging missions until I get better gear?

Is their gear the same as mine with just better attributes?

Is their gear the shit you can buy at DZ50 ?

Crafting yellows in the slots you need. You need 1-2 stam pieces (1 stam piece and stam gear mods or 2 stam pieces and firearms gear mods) and then the rest firearms. All yellows are nto equal, most are level 30, all the crafted stuff is ilevel 31 though. Getting 'optimal' gear is the grind. You won't get better gear from CMs more than likely.

Soroc

Yeah Lexington is the easiest of the 4. Lincoln Tunnel would be 2nd easiest. People have strategies fairly nailed down for those at this point so if you matchmake you should be good.

Warrengate and Russian Consulate are pretty tough so I wouldn't recommend those until later.

Thanks Agent!

alife

I don't get how some guy with 3,000 Firearms, 1 less high end gear (gloves), 2 less Firearms mods (4), and less Critical Hit Damage and Enemy Armor Damage probably, can craft a base damage of 13K on their Vector compared to someone who can only craft up to 11.8K base damage with 3,400 Firearms. The patch notes address the issue regarding miscalculations when purchasing weapon mods but nothing about how the game fails to calculate your stats properly. That CAD setup/build is looking mighty fine right now. Fuck Firearms/Stamina/Vector.

KDR_11k

How do the ranges of AR, LMG and SMG compare? I get the impression that LMG has the longest effective range as it can be fired at full auto without missing shots even at far medium range.

Also does +threat increase your ability to suppress enemies?

Kadin

Just got an email from some the100.io website which was addressed to my Xbox live gamertag with my personal email address. I've never heard of this site before and upon looking, it's completely foreign to me. Any ideas where they pulled my info from and got my email address? All my info is only shared with friends so I'm not sure what this is all about.

Oh and the email is about an Android/iOS The Division app that's recently launched apparently.

edit: looks to be Destiny related?
edit2: yeah that's it, I was able to login to that site using an old password. Weird, I don't remember signing up for this ever.

theWB27

Beat all the main missions. Finished the left side of the map (smaller missions.) With about 3 days of playtime I finally step in the last area, midtown east.

I need some yellow primary though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh man this is so boring now. I've probably killed Bullet King 500 times and still no Caduceus drop.

Just got an email from some the100.io website which was addressed to my Xbox live gamertag with my personal email address. I've never heard of this site before and upon looking, it's completely foreign to me. Any ideas where they pulled my info from and got my email address? All my info is only shared with friends so I'm not sure what this is all about.

Oh and the email is about an Android/iOS The Division app that's recently launched apparently.

edit: looks to be Destiny related?

It's a social meet up site for people who game. Destiny is the most popular use I'd imagine for setting up raids and I know loads here on GAF use the site including myself. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I hope they include Central Park, the heights and Chinatown/lower Manhattan at some point

Fighting in some foliage would be fun as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom