• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

Won't get any Division Tech off him.

After patch, DZ 31-32 will be the best bet to get HE loot(if the drop rate increase is significant enough).

DT is the bottleneck, but the other shit is still needed en masse and you don't get that in the DZ. Patch changes just have to be sufficient to make this shit less painful is all. better to grind BK for now since we KNOW DT is getting easier.

feels good being part of the 0.1%

kuXaz6r.jpg

For anyone else who is gonna get the plat, be sure you are using your super ability (L1+R1) EVERY TIME its off cooldown. Its the last trophy I got and took like an extra 5 hours of AFKing and coming back every 10 mins to special, I guess I was kinda shitty about doing it during missions and stuff.

For the kill 20 rogue agents, it feels like you need to get the killing blow (or most damage?) on the rogue, but me and a friend went in with level 10 alts and just took turns killing each other. We only needed 15 kill trades, but we had at least 15 rogue kills on our mains but in teams. The funny thing is on our alts we leveled from DZ rank 1 to DZ rank 17 trading kills, we didn't bother to see if the curve went backwards at a certain level but kinda makes me wonder if two guys trading could level up to 35 or 40 that way. Only took us about 20 minutes to get to DZ 17, most of it waiting for a 30 second rogue agent respawn delay.

LiK

kuXaz6r.jpg

For anyone else who is gonna get the plat, be sure you are using your super ability (L1+R1) EVERY TIME its off cooldown. Its the last trophy I got and took like an extra 5 hours of AFKing and coming back every 10 mins to special, I guess I was kinda shitty about doing it during missions and stuff.

For the kill 20 rogue agents, it feels like you need to get the killing blow (or most damage?) on the rogue, but me and a friend went in with level 10 alts and just took turns killing each other. We only needed 15 kill trades, but we had at least 15 rogue kills on our mains but in teams. The funny thing is on our alts we leveled from DZ rank 1 to DZ rank 17 trading kills, we didn't bother to see if the curve went backwards at a certain level but kinda makes me wonder if two guys trading could level up to 35 or 40 that way. Only took us about 20 minutes to get to DZ 17, most of it waiting for a 30 second rogue agent respawn delay.

LOL, so just do alts to do the Rogue trophy? that is brilliant.

bs000

I've been having fun with a Caduceus build. With the CDR talent, flash sticky and heal is almost never on cooldown. Only problem is I'm pretty squishy now since I sacrificed a bunch of stamina to get the requirements.

DT is the bottleneck, but the other shit is still needed en masse and you don't get that in the DZ. Patch changes just have to be sufficient to make this shit less painful is all. better to grind BK for now since we KNOW DT is getting easier.

3 DT per craft is just ridiculous, given it can take about an hour just to get those 3 DT's from DZ.

By the time I hit DZ rank 50, I only had about 42 DT. Crafted a bunch of 31 HE's from DZ6 vendor but all the rolls were terrible. Top it off with 30 PC cost of re-rolling one stat, that costs 60% more each re-roll.

I'm hoping this multiple layer of RNG gets addressed asap because stuff like this is what kills loot games.

TheYanger

3 DT per craft is just ridiculous, given it can take about an hour just to get those 3 DT's from DZ.

By the time I hit DZ rank 50, I only had about 42 DT. Crafted a bunch of 31 HE's from DZ6 vendor but all the rolls were terrible. Top it off with 30 PC cost of re-rolling one stat, that costs 60% more each re-roll.

I'm hoping this multiple layer of RNG gets addressed asap because stuff like this is what kills loot games.

Oh believe me, I know, I got rank 50 and crafted away all my DT yellows within minutes. I'm not likely to risk running into the DZ on my main either just to spend hours farming more. So waht I've got now is all I'm gonna have until the patch. I'm just saying that if you exclusively do DZ you will never get enough of the other mats to make meaningful progress. You'll get more DT, but barely because it's so fucking rare that it's not really even worth it right now. Rather stockpile the other garbage while it's shifted that way.

We had worse when we had to go to each planet and pick the planet materials off one by one.

Massive will probably do something about all the materials sooner or later.

LOL, so just do alts to do the Rogue trophy? that is brilliant.

Yup, I believe mostly everyone with the I AM THE LAW trophy had to grind it out with an alt trading rogue kills with a friend. I did the same and went from 0-13 on my alt without a single DZ NPC kill.

k1t4j

Ladies and Gentlemen the rogues are out tonight. In the 20-24bracket is non stop action on the X1.

Went from 44 to 45 in what seemed to be like 30 minutes, only hunting rogues.

Finally hit 30 today and I still have 3 zones to do missions and quests lol, I did the russian consolate mission with a group of badasses and none of us went down the whole time, to my surprise I got the trophy for doing that lol. Thank god I kept my gear up.

Looking forward to clearing the last areas and collecting the stuff from them then Dark Zone time.

Exotic sword quest...my goodness...you had to pick nodes, not chests and you got one material every 10 to 15 nodes....and you needed 10 materials...

Kadin

I have over 300pc. Is the vector worth getting to go with the caduceus?
At first I used just the Vector and my SOCOM M1A but I've thrown the Caduceus into my secondary slot and I like it a lot better than the marksman. For a true sniping scenario, I'll go back to the M1A but honestly the Caduceus with decent mods is pretty stable and accurate for me even at a pretty long range.

tl;dr - I love the combo

Oh believe me, I know, I got rank 50 and crafted away all my DT yellows within minutes. I'm not likely to risk running into the DZ on my main either just to spend hours farming more. So waht I've got now is all I'm gonna have until the patch. I'm just saying that if you exclusively do DZ you will never get enough of the other mats to make meaningful progress. You'll get more DT, but barely because it's so fucking rare that it's not really even worth it right now. Rather stockpile the other garbage while it's shifted that way.

Any of the weapon blueprints from DZ6 feel good to you? So far it seems nothing can match the Vector/BM-AK combo.

For a game that was forcefully given the Tom Clancy name, the weapons sure don't do justice. Can't fathom how weapons like a Vector SMG or BM-AK with tons of recoil are far superior than tactical weapons like FAL, SCAR, AUG etc.

Chains is truly the Wendy's to BK's Burger King.

Just had back-to-back drop luck.

First drop, a superior First Wave M1A with the Brutal talent. Second drop, Caduceus.

I've used up all of my luck only 20 minutes into it. Might as well stop doing runs.

f@luS

More than a member.
Oh man this is so boring now. I've probably killed Bullet King 500 times and still no Caduceus drop.

It's a social meet up site for people who game. Destiny is the most popular use I'd imagine for setting up raids and I know loads here on GAF use the site including myself. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Got mine on 2nd kill lol

Deku Tree

Only trophies I am missing are the DZ trophies and the collect a thon trophies.

Also I didn't do every mission on hard. Just gonna wait for them to be daily challenges to do them on hard.

Leyasu

Banned
Absolutely. That's my loadout right now and it shreds.

At first I used just the Vector and my SOCOM M1A but I've thrown the Caduceus into my secondary slot and I like it a lot better than the marksman. For a true sniping scenario, I'll go back to the M1A but honestly the Caduceus with decent mods is pretty stable and accurate for me even at a pretty long range.

tl;dr - I love the combo

At the mo I have caduceus primary, with a tasty sniper (forget which one) and a shotgun which I swap between as secondaries. I thinking that perhaps get the vector and drop the shotgun.

Thanks for the replies. I'll get the vector, and milk some CMs tomorrow to recoup the outlay... That division addiction!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The only problem really is the enormous cost of rerolling orange gear. It was probably fine at 30 when each boss gave 15, but now it's just ridiculous. They scaled back the gains without addressing the rest of the economy.

Audioboxer

Caduceus finally dropped for me after what must be high 100s of kills (3 days farming)... and it rolls with Coolheaded, Restored and Self-preserved. Lawl. Useless for damage.

So guys my friends birthday is coming up and I want to gift him this game. He's got a PS4 and a GTX750 if I recall correctly. The PS4 version according to NXGamer generally matches the PC version on high visual settings, at 1080p at 30 fps obviously. I presume most of his friends are probably on PS4, though I really wouldn't know. Gift him the PS4 version?

I'd like to make it a surprise so I don't really wanna ask directly.

spyder_ur

About to hit 50 DZ and currently have enough Division Tech for 4 crafts. What would people recommend from any one of the vendors in the DZ?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So guys my friends birthday is coming up and I want to gift him this game. He's got a PS4 and a GTX750 if I recall correctly. The PS4 version according to NXGamer generally matches the PC version on high visual settings, at 1080p at 30 fps obviously. I presume most of his friends are probably on PS4. Gift him the PS4 version?

I'd like to make it a surprise so I don't really wanna ask directly.

PS4 for sure. A 750 would struggle, and it would look worse than the PS4 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom