• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Caduceus finally dropped for me after what must be high 100s of kills (3 days farming)... and it rolls with Coolheaded, Restored and Self-preserved. Lawl. Useless for damage.

Oh wait, my bad, forgot they are set stats on named weapons. Still it seems a little unimpressive. 7650 damage, not sure how average that is.

About to hit 50 DZ and currently have enough Division Tech for 4 crafts. What would people recommend from any one of the vendors in the DZ?

Armor blueprints that you don't have lvl 31 versions of already. The weapon blueprints from dz06 are underwhelming and the mod blueprints require a lot of luck to get a decent roll.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm getting some more PXC and going for a blueprint. Whats the better out of these 2 High-ends?

Black Market AK-74 - 182 credits
Liberator - 181 credits

k1t4j

Ok guys help me out here, is it rude when you down rogues that gank unsuspected people to clap on their bodies before you execute them?

I clapped because he put up a great chase.

I had one guy follow me and hunt me down, not once, but twice to exact revenge on me and I'm thinking each time I clapped before the execute might have upset him?

And here I clapped because I admired his perseverance.

Is this the new teabag? Am I wrong to do this?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm getting some more PXC and going for a blueprint. Whats the better out of these 2 High-ends?

Liberator - 181 credits

AK unless you have an electronics build.

Ok guys help me out here, is it rude when you down rogues that gank unsuspected people to clap on their bodies before you execute them?

Hell yes, but it's required. I even do this above downed friendlies while I watch them bleed out.
It's The Division's form of tea-bagging.

ViciousDS

Banned
Games telling me services unavailable even on multiple attempts

Just stays stuck at connecting.

Edit: there it goes of course right as I type this

Audioboxer

I had one guy follow me and hunt me down, not once, but twice to exact revenge on me and I'm thinking each time I clapped before the execute might have upset him?

Nah, rude would be using surrender on them when they are dying :p

Had 2 drop for me today on consecutive runs. One had 8732 and the second had 9075.

Damn those are good.

The1Ski

Guarantee a salute is a better way to show respect.

arhra

Liberator - 181 credits

The Liberator is a decent alternative to the Caduceus for a skill build, if that's still refusing to drop for you, but I personally prefer the AK as far as actually shooting at stuff goes (at least once I added a bunch of stability mods to it, by default it kicks like a mule), plus with the AK you can reroll to get your choice of talents (provided you have enough materials to experiment with).

How do you know what exactly is your skill stat scaling towards?

In the skill's description, it just gives it a baseline and a total figure. The total figure is higher? Is that the figures that's relating to my skill stat? And the baseline figure is relating to the notion of, even if you're at skill value 0, these are the stats?

Mentok

Banned

Lol, you were going for the "Dark Souls" bow, but wound up doing the "Division" teabag! I would've saluted.

Finally finished the
letdown of a
last mission. Now to finish up all the side missions and collections (I'm a completionist) then into the DZ to level up for some HE gear. I'm still not sure what stats to go for. I want to make a guy who does strong damage with high electronics (want to try and make a pyro so I'll need fast cooldown with skill damage).

kriskrosbbk

Just dismantled a very decent 7050 damage Scar-L by mistake using the Vita remoteplay.A slight touch onthe back,an irreversible process.There should be a cancel button.Damn.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oh, but I am far too old to be tea bagging people in online games :(

Your first mistake is thinking their is an age limit for tea-bagging.

FYI, the salute emote is usually used to indicate respect or "good job".

Geneijin

How do you know what exactly is your skill stat scaling towards?

In the skill's description, it just gives it a baseline and a total figure. The total figure is higher? Is that the figures that's relating to my skill stat? And the baseline figure is relating to the notion of, even if you're at skill value 0, these are the stats?
Yes

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The Liberator is a decent alternative to the Caduceus for a skill build, if that's still refusing to drop for you, but I personally prefer the AK as far as actually shooting at stuff goes (at least once I added a bunch of stability mods to it, by default it kicks like a mule), plus with the AK you can reroll to get your choice of talents (provided you have enough materials to experiment with).

AK unless you have an electronics build.

Hell yes, but it's required. I even do this above downed friendlies while I watch them bleed out.
It's The Division's form of tea-bagging.

Gonna go with the AK. Cheers guys.

Audioboxer

One thing I will say is the Caduceus is a damn fine looking weapon. Even although you can customise named weapons it's a looker by default.

My stats are spread evenly as butter right now. 1957 / 1985 / 1972. Jack of all trades master of none lol. 111k, 59k, 25k.

Make sure all the side quests in that area are completed.

Does that include the phones and other collectibles? All of the quests have been completed there. It may have been some weird thing, so I'll do what El CUCCO suggested and try again today. I haven't played since Saturday, so let's hope!

Toki767

I will have approximately 8 hours to farm BK as much as possible. I guess I should realistically aim for the extended magazine mod and then the AK.

Or is it better to just get the mod blueprints?

Frenden

Banned
Using an alt to mule purples from your main, sell at the BoO, buy cheap greens/blues, transfer to your main, and turn into mats/high end parts is the only way around the mat grind I've found.

BK is great for this.

Audioboxer

I will have approximately 8 hours to farm BK as much as possible. I guess I should realistically aim for the extended magazine mod and then the AK.

Or is it better to just get the mod blueprints?

Extended mag is essential. I prefer the Vector overall, but I have the Cad for assault rifle now so if you don't have a main assault AK is good. The Vector in close just shreds. Mine rolled with Ferocious, Fierce and Responsive. Responsive damage buff within 10m of 13% is quite good. Ferocious for named and elites. Fierce looks decent for crit damage but my stats are spread too thinly for it as it requires 2362 firearms.

Is it possible to get a selection of black clothes, such as jeans and hats? Sure I read someone got a black leather jacket. I've only got a dark brown one.

Ryhian

Im just getting back into the game after a week of vacation. Recently hit 30 and was wanting to farm BK. Seems it's a pretty tough endeavor solo for me as my gear sucks.

Is 2 person farms advisable or just solo? Anyone willing to help out? Ps4

k1t4j

Is it possible to get a selection of black clothes, such as jeans and hats? Sure I read someone got a black leather jacket. I've only got a dark brown one.

Yes, you need to look for the clothes with the Modern prefix, which usually means they are darker in tone.

I use the Modern Slouchy, Modern Jeans, Modern Windbreaker, Modern Shemagh and Modern Walking boots.

Geneijin

Im just getting back into the game after a week of vacation. Recently hit 30 and was wanting to farm BK. Seems it's a pretty tough endeavor solo for me as my gear sucks.

Is 2 person farms advisable or just solo? Anyone willing to help out? Ps4
I can help in 30 mins if you can't find anybody.

ERMint13

Rolled a Vector with Fierce, Stable, and Deadly. Now the struggle to get firearms and electronics high enough to take advantage of this roll.

Nice haul from the short amount of time I've been able to farm

Caduceus: 8450, Coolheaded, Restored, Self-Preserved
First Wave M1A: +139% Headshot Damage, 28.6K, Balanced, Deadly
First Wave M1A: +158% Headshot Damage, 31.2K, Balanced, Determined

A couple of questions. First, between the M1A, would you guys go with the first or second one? Are headshots considered critical hits? If so the first one would come 2K ahead.

Second, is this Caduceus a good enough roll? During the story missions I've been using an assault rifle/marksman rifle combination, would you guys go for the AK-74 blueprint or the Vector?

TheYanger

Any of the weapon blueprints from DZ6 feel good to you? So far it seems nothing can match the Vector/BM-AK combo.

For a game that was forcefully given the Tom Clancy name, the weapons sure don't do justice. Can't fathom how weapons like a Vector SMG or BM-AK with tons of recoil are far superior than tactical weapons like FAL, SCAR, AUG etc.

I haven't the foggiest, While I suspect they could be, the reality is it took all the dvi tech I had just to get MODESTLY good gear in the slots that you're required to burn it on. Unless I saw a weapon recipe there that was provably better than the vector I couldn't see myself burning divtech crafting them :/

Eventually? all of them really. At least oen of every slot.
The magazine is a solid choice to go for early.

Audioboxer

Yes, you need to look for the clothes with the Modern prefix, which usually means they are darker in tone.

I use the Modern Slouchy, Modern Jeans, Modern Windbreaker, Modern Shemagh and Modern Walking boots.

Cheers, and jeeezus BK just dropped another Cad for me. 2 within an hour, but none for 3 days. RNG man.

Only 7318 damage on this one.

Just read the patch notes.

They are a complete joke if they don't fix the cheat engine speed hack exploit in the dark zone.

Anyways, I'm basically farming the DZ right now with just a vector. I'm 47. So close to 50.

Once I get to 50, are there any must-have weapons I can get with DZ credits? I like the SMG but I think I prefer assault rifles which tend to be a bit more accurate and stable. I also could use a decent sniper rifle, as the purple one I have has outlived its usefulness.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nice haul from the short amount of time I've been able to farm

Caduceus: 8450, Coolheaded, Restored, Self-Preserved
First Wave M1A: +139% Headshot Damage, 28.6K, Balanced, Deadly
First Wave M1A: +158% Headshot Damage, 31.2K, Balanced, Determined

A couple of questions. First, between the M1A, would you guys go with the first or second one? Are headshots considered critical hits? If so the first one would come 2K ahead.

Second, is this Caduceus a good enough roll? During the story missions I've been using an assault rifle/marksman rifle combination, would you guys go for the AK-74 blueprint or the Vector?
You can get 9k plus on Caduceus.

Headshot damage is different from critical damage, so you want both to by high. If you have high enough crit chance and are running with people stacking pulse and smart cover, you can do over 700k damage with headshots.

I haven't the foggiest, While I suspect they could be, the reality is it took all the dvi tech I had just to get MODESTLY good gear in the slots that you're required to burn it on. Unless I saw a weapon recipe there that was provably better than the vector I couldn't see myself burning divtech crafting them :/

Eventually? all of them really. At least oen of every slot.
The magazine is a solid choice to go for early.

Yeah the ext. mag is only one I crafted multiple times because it doesn't require div tech.

Wasted about 21 DT crafting mods from dz6 vendor but all the rolls were super bad.

How can you tell if you have a LVL 31 blueprint?

It will show in the stats of the blueprint, scroll down.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This will do for now.
banana-gun.gif

9szmA3C.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom