• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Enjoyed getting these, April Kelleher seems cool.

Tom%20Clancy%27s%20The%20Division%E2%84%A22016-3-23-13-38-20.jpg

DZ seems to be dropping tons of blues for me :/

Maybe it's because I can only really manage 3~4 solo at 30. In DZ5 the enemies tend to shred my health a bit too quickly to survive.

Didn't the patch notes mention that dark zone loot from mobs was raised from blue to purples? dunno if that means which DZ you need to be in or not.

Arrrammis

So is the reward payoff actually worth it on the challenging dailies? The hard ones are fun but challenging is just back to the bullshit tier from Destiny's raids. I'd find it way more bearable if it wasn't for having to adapt the entire fight around Rambo with a shotgun.

At the same time though, I feel like I'm stuck with purples otherwise. I'm actually a little stumped where to go from here with the game to be honest since I've never encountered a yellow and the only one I did was purchased.
You are guaranteed one lvl. 30 yellow from challenge mode, so I think it's worth running. If you've been running he hard dailies, check to see if you have enough Phoenix credits to buy some HE blueprints in the BoO. They're pretty much top tier loot ATM. I find that the Lincoln tunnel, despite being longer than Lexington, is much easier. You have a lot more space to move and flank, and there are no shotgunners! You just need 1 or 2 people watching the snipers. Those are the ones that will catch you by surprise if you're not careful.

Between the "bullet sponge" enemies and a bunch of healing, buffs, debuffs, and abilities that are basically magical and make no logical sense.. i think theyve given themselves enough of a disconnect from realism that the scope of what they can do shouldnt be that limited at all. Were not going to see space aliens, but this is a game where eating a candy bar suddenly makes it so that Im not longer on fire.

It's still a matter of weapons and Gear, enemies, ammo types, enemy modifiers and abilties falling into the "realistic" or feasible variations for its modern day settings. Consider Mass Effect 3's multiplayer and how interesting and creative the weapons were or a fantasy RPG or MMO. How do you create as interesting a spread of gear and weapons without going outside the range of reality. I really wish this game has been based in the future a bit. Like a cyberpunk type game.

Like you said they took it outside the range of reality to a degree already so why did they even bothered making this a Tom Clancy game in the first place. My personal opinion is that Massive hamstrung themselves with the decision of the setting.

spyder_ur

Animal! and i agree about the leaving DZ to clear stash, especially since you cant teleport into DZ like you were supposed to this patch.

You weren't ever supposed to be able to teleport in. You can fast travel to the checkpoints from outside the DZ and then go in. It's very handy. You have to rediscover them first, which isn't very difficult.

Echo bug still not fixed in 1.02.

Sigh.

Yup, pretty upsetting since I really want to collect everything, but I don't want to bother until that is fixed.

I would rather be where I am now (50%) than be at 99% waiting for a patch that might never come. Don't care for the clothing, just want the trophies.

You are guaranteed one lvl. 30 yellow from challenge mode, so I think it's worth running. If you've been running he hard dailies, check to see if you have enough Phoenix credits to buy some HE blueprints in the BoO. They're pretty much top tier loot ATM. I find that the Lincoln tunnel, despite being longer than Lexington, is much easier. You have a lot more space to move and flank, and there are no shotgunners! You just need 1 or 2 people watching the snipers. Those are the ones that will catch you by surprise if you're not careful.

Ah ok. Perhaps it was just the mission I tried last night that wasn't a great example of what it can be like, since the Russian Consulate was borderline impossible at times, namely the circular room of endless shotguns with nothing but narrow hallways to back up into.

Game is starting to run its course for me, and that's bumming me out. I like the idea of and loved the DZ so far, but the last two nights I've felt like I saw exactly what my loop was gonna be for the next several weeks and I might just want to cut out now.

Had a lot of fun from launch to here though. I think I'll be back for the expansions.

Deku Tree

Ah ok. Perhaps it was just the mission I tried last night that wasn't a great example of what it can be like, since the Russian Consulate was borderline impossible at times, namely the circular room of endless shotguns with nothing but narrow hallways to back up into.

You back up into the previous area, have one player bait them out if needed, and team shoot them when they charge.

Klyka

Banned
Game is starting to run its course for me, and that's bumming me out. I like the idea of and loved the DZ so far, but the last two nights I've felt like I saw exactly what my loop was gonna be for the next several weeks and I might just want to cut out now.

Had a lot of fun from launch to here though. I think I'll be back for the expansions.

totally fine mate, take a break till april patch is out :D

Echo bug still not fixed in 1.02.

Sigh.

Indeed. I ran past an echo in a mostly cleared zone last night and thought "Odd, I haven't picked up that Echo yet". So I ran for a minute to get to the site only to realise it was the bugged one.

Doh.

As others have posted - it may still count for your completion if you have collected them all.

I was wondering why I always seemed a level-and-a-half below where I needed to be every time I came upon a new mission...even though I had been keeping up fairly well with side missions and whatnot. Turned out I was supposed to be returning to safe houses after a few of those side missions and I had skipped a section of map entirely. Yay XP!

kriskrosbbk

Yup, pretty upsetting since I really want to collect everything, but I don't want to bother until that is fixed.

I would rather be where I am now (50%) than be at 99% waiting for a patch that might never come. Don't care for the clothing, just want the trophies.

Yesterday a friend of mine showed me a screenshot where he took all echos(PS4)

You weren't ever supposed to be able to teleport in. You can fast travel to the checkpoints from outside the DZ and then go in. It's very handy. You have to rediscover them first, which isn't very difficult.

ah checkpoint isnt bad, but they said you were able to fast travel to teh safe houses. Although that is the same as a checkpoint really so not that big a deal.

I really wish i knew my ACTUAL DPS when comparing weapons. Have a vector 146k but i am at 60% Crit chance + I stacked crit damage. I would like to know if this is better than a 180k or so vector if I didnt stack crit damage and chance.

I'm with you too man. I'll be back for new content and occasionally to hit the vendors and for a daily or two... but i'm burned out overall. Not really any end game currently until the release incursions.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I really wish i knew my ACTUAL DPS when comparing weapons. Have a vector 146k but i am at 60% Crit chance + I stacked crit damage. I would like to know if this is better than a 180k or so vector if I didnt stack crit damage and chance.
Go to the shooting range and fire a few rounds with each gun to find out?

Iceman829

Anyone try out a good skill build? Say like 100k skill, 60k health and as much DPS as you can have left over?

Is there a good stabilizer mod to buy anywhere?

I only answered for the scope and mag since I know those off hand. I think I have a good purple stabilizer on my vector atm, but the DZ06 vendor might sell one for smgs. Maybe someone here can verify since I'm stuck at work.

Man I need high-end gloves and holster blueprints so it seems I gotta wait for the special gear vendor or get to level 50 in DZ.

So... DZ tonight? I might be home earlier since my 1 boss is out of the office and I can get my work done in peace.

Yeah it can get a bit confusing because bloating numbers doesn't mean much for some weapon types.

For smgs you want stability, crit chance and crit damage. Accuracy just reduces the spread, but SMGS aren't range weapons so it's useless because the damage falloff is pretty big. You'd need high optimal range for accuracy to be an actual factor, but that's a waste.

It'd be hard to compare 146k vs 180k without knowing what mods are being used and what stats are on each gun, etc. You'd be best to go to the shooting range and see for yourself. 👍

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh 20 named bosses in the DZ. Didn't realize many were that close to each other. That map will be handy for tonight.

I only answered for the scope and mag since I know those off hand. I think I have a good purple stabilizer on my vector atm, but the DZ06 vendor might sell one for smgs. Maybe someone here can verify since I'm stuck at work.

So... DZ tonight? I might be home earlier since my 1 boss is out of the office and I can get my work done in peace.

Yea man. Did you do anything with the others last night?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

It clearly would be better. It wouldn't even be close. You can still look at damage per shot and rate of fire to get a good sense between the weapons. I imagine someone will create a calculator that factors in just damage dealing stats.

I prefer the HE AK-47, I feel like with my mods I can control it better than the Vector thus dealing more damage over time.

I also prefer the AK. 60 shot magazines are a lot better than 40! And with the right perks/mods, AK is just as accurate and has longer range.

Anyone want to take my into the Dark Zone for the first time tonight on PS4?

I am Level 30 with 150/65/20 as my current setup and sitting on 1000 PC.

I went in for 20 minutes and got to Rank 7 but it seems given my current gear and such the only good place to grind are the last two zones that are really tough.

T.O.P

Banned
Pretty much ditched my SMGs in PvE, both Vector and Midas worked for a bit but i ended up only keepin the Vector for PvP purposes

Pakhan and M1A FW for PvE

Vector and M1A FW for DZ

I'm expecting the M1A to get nerfed a tad at some point, they absolutely shred people from both long and short range

erawsd

It's still a matter of weapons and Gear, enemies, ammo types, enemy modifiers and abilties falling into the "realistic" or feasible variations for its modern day settings. Consider Mass Effect 3's multiplayer and how interesting and creative the weapons were or a fantasy RPG or MMO. How do you create as interesting a spread of gear and weapons without going outside the range of reality. I really wish this game has been based in the future a bit. Like a cyberpunk type game.

Like you said they took it outside the range of reality to a degree already so why did they even bothered making this a Tom Clancy game in the first place. My personal opinion is that Massive hamstrung themselves with the decision of the setting.

The same way you have a health pack that heals anyone within a given radius with special green lasers or buff your bullets to make everyone within 10m bleed. The game is full of contrivances and enough "future tech" that I just dont see it having any extreme limitations. There is a ton they could do with the setting without having to lean on dragons or spaceships.

They made it a Tom Clancy game because Ubisoft believes that ip has some pull.

I went in for 20 minutes and got to Rank 7 but it seems given my current gear and such the only good place to grind are the last two zones that are really tough.

How do you have 1000 PC and have never been in the DZ? Did you just farm BK forever?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How do you have 1000 PC and have never been in the DZ? Did you just farm BK forever?

Lot of folks just spent hour and hours and hours and hours doing the Bullet King exploit.

Always welcome, what's your PSN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom