• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruko

I have the most fun in the DZ with my high skill power Airburst Seeker and BFB bomb loadout, but my party gets mad at me for the screen shaking caused by Seeker detonations and for the occasional accidental rogue flagging when I nick an unseen non-hostile.

Should I continue to ignore their pleas for a more boring loadout?

the answer is yes

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Even without it, you could get that much just by farming CM.

True enough, and tbh, I think running Lex is probably better since it's pretty fast and you get a HE item at the end. Of course, assuming you have a good group.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm such an ass.

u241yku.gif

Brandwin

So what am I missing here - I am level 26, I have unlocked all safe houses, but I have only 16 main missions listed on the map with 14 completed. I thought I read that there were 26 main missions?

noomi

Is anyone here actually using a shotgun?

I have a ilvl31 shotgun with decent talents and high rate of fire, shotgun dmg gloves and it still was pretty bad :/

Anung

Un Rama
Is there anyone around now that could help me quickly grind out this rouge trophy? Only thing stopping me from getting that plat.

Is there anyone around now that could help me quickly grind out this rouge trophy? Only thing stopping me from getting that plat.

The_Hitcher89, if you'll let me grind on you later on :p

Does your DZ level remain the same if you kill a rogue for every time you die as one?

Is anyone here actually using a shotgun?

I have a ilvl31 shotgun with decent talents and high rate of fire, shotgun dmg gloves and it still was pretty bad :/

I'm still grinding out my ideal all-around gear set.

But I'd like to make a full Electronics-heavy build built around a shotgun with Coolheaded (is that possible?) for infinite skill spamming.

BLunted

Banned
Game is starting to run its course for me, and that's bumming me out. I like the idea of and loved the DZ so far, but the last two nights I've felt like I saw exactly what my loop was gonna be for the next several weeks and I might just want to cut out now.

Had a lot of fun from launch to here though. I think I'll be back for the expansions.

Yeah, same here. I have already accomplished everything I wanted in the game and have not played for the last couple days.

I don't regret buying the game, as I got my money's worth out of it, but I fell victim to the hype and got the season pass as well and wish I hadn't. I think the DLC's and incremental patches are going to be weak. A week's worth of content, then back to waiting for the next DLC.

Hacking is rampant right now. Ran into a guy that could teleport around the map at well. One second he'd be shooting at you, then he'd disappear. Then reappear behind you. Magic!

I keep trying to reroll higher Vector's with no luck. Mine sits at a baseline 72K sheet DPS with both Balanced and Brutal talents. With my gear and mods, I'm at 165K sheet DPS. I can't remember the third talent but I think it's fairly insignificant.

Am I wasting my time? I suppose the Deadly or Destructive talents would be nice, but I'm not coming even close to my current setup after 20 or so attempts.

Deku Tree

Hacking is rampant right now. Ran into a guy that could teleport around the map at well. One second he'd be shooting at you, then he'd disappear. Then reappear behind you. Magic!

Could also be lag. Stuff like that happens to us when we are playing four player co-op too.

commish

I keep trying to reroll higher Vector's with no luck. Mine sits at a baseline 72K sheet DPS with both Balanced and Brutal talents. With my gear and mods, I'm at 165K sheet DPS. I can't remember the third talent but I think it's fairly insignificant.

Am I wasting my time? I suppose the Deadly or Destructive talents would be nice, but I'm not coming even close to my current setup after 20 or so attempts.

Yes, you're wasting your time. Your current gun is more than enough for any and all current content. There's not much to be gained from min-max to that level imo.

Certain intel completions reward jackets. Most all look the same apart from different shaders of color. Nothing you probably don't have or can't pick up.

Getting all of each intel type awards 1 jacket each. It's also possible to get these from your scavenging crate along with the two jackets the DZ06 vendor sells for stupid bucks.

LiK

Freakin annoyed I need to grind Encounters to max out the base. Wish sidemissions offered those similar points for one of those branches.

Leyasu

Banned
Four shotgun rushers where you have to turn the valves on the power plant mission lol playing with randoms who are not using mics. That was horrible experience.

nbraun80

Freakin annoyed I need to grind Encounters to max out the base. Wish sidemissions offered those similar points for one of those branches.
didn't mind doing most of them, although the 'fetch the supplies' ones are beyond stupid. just amounts to me slowly walking an apparently heavy suitcase for 10 min.

kriskrosbbk

Reading all these Vector attempts ,I am thinking my roll : Self-preserved,Destructive and Vicious is quite nice for just 4 tries.Brutal is missing tho.

Sullichin

Some of this collectible shit is ridiculous.
30/130 cell phone recordings collected. Holy shit. What is the point. XP does nothing. I kind of can't believe there's so many of them. They recorded a lot of crappy dialogue for this game

Iceman829

Oh 20 named bosses in the DZ. Didn't realize many were that close to each other. That map will be handy for tonight.

Yea man. Did you do anything with the others last night?

Sorry for the wall-o-text

I was doing some crafting. Trying to get some better rolls on armor and performance mods and my buddy invited me asking if I could help with CM as they were "almost done". Worst decision on my life right there. I join up and teleport to the consulate. One guy is complaining it's late and needs to go to sleep soon. My friend picks up a phone call and isn't talking. This other guy is on a phone call and can't make it to the consulate. He's complaining the enemies outside keep killing him. Someone starts munching on potato chips in my ear because they can't mute their mic. So I finally catch up to everyone and the 2 of them are in the circular room of death. I recommended that the guy with the turret switch to something else as they can hack the turret. He ignores me or is on the phone. I tell them lets aggro the enemies and run back up the hallway to team shot the rushing shotgunners. They ignore me and when I pull they both get mowed down and I retreat back.I killed the shotgun guys myself. I start reviving the one guy and he quits. Turned his xbox off and didn't say anything. The other guy finally shows up and says lets go. Once again I say I'll pull aggro stay UP the stairs and I'll pull them to you. As I'm running up the stairs the guy that finally stopped dying in the streets is running down the stairs and pushes me into a corner. I'm like wtf I said retreat back and go up the stairs. "I was running up the stairs". Now I'm just pissed. People can't tell the difference between up and down. They keep on picking up phone calls. I tell my friend this shit isn't happening. I'm going back to the BoO to sort through my crafting. Run Lexington if you want pcreds. Waste of 30 minutes.

FUCK THAT NOISE

nbraun80

Also did my first challenge difficulty, fairly fresh lvl 30 so didn't know how it would go. I'm assuming the lincoln tunnel one is an easier one to do, jumped in with 3 randoms and it went fairly quick. chessed the part were you have to wait for the lady to defuse, if you kill the first wave more will come, so instead you just kill all but one and leave that one alive til the time runs out. Then basically sit on the roof for the rest of the level sniping as 4.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Sorry for the wall-o-text

I was doing some crafting. Trying to get some better rolls on armor and performance mods and my buddy invited me asking if I could help with CM as they were "almost done". Worst decision on my life right there. I join up and teleport to the consulate. One guy is complaining it's late and needs to go to sleep soon. My friend picks up a phone call and isn't talking. This other guy is on a phone call and can't make it to the consulate. He's complaining the enemies outside keep killing him. Someone starts munching on potato chips in my ear because they can't mute their mic. So I finally catch up to everyone and the 2 of them are in the circular room of death. I recommended that the guy with the turret switch to something else as they can hack the turret. He ignores me or is on the phone. I tell them lets aggro the enemies and run back up the hallway to team shot the rushing shotgunners. They ignore me and when I pull they both get mowed down and I retreat back.I killed the shotgun guys myself. I start reviving the one guy and he quits. Turned his xbox off and didn't say anything. The other guy finally shows up and says lets go. Once again I say I'll pull aggro stay UP the stairs and I'll pull them to you. As I'm running up the stairs the guy that finally stopped dying in the streets is running down the stairs and pushes me into a corner. I'm like wtf I said retreat back and go up the stairs. "I was running up the stairs". Now I'm just pissed. People can't tell the difference between up and down. They keep on picking up phone calls. I tell my friend this shit isn't happening. I'm going back to the BoO to sort through my crafting. Run Lexington if you want pcreds. Waste of 30 minutes.

FUCK THAT NOISE

Haha. Well no one can beat our skills like last night. I thought our comms were amazing. :p
SHOTGUNNER SHOTGUNNER RUN THE FUCK BACK

SCATTER

commish

Also did my first challenge difficulty, fairly fresh lvl 30 so didn't know how it would go. I'm assuming the lincoln tunnel one is an easier one to do, jumped in with 3 randoms and it went fairly quick. chessed the part were you have to wait for the lady to defuse, if you kill the first wave more will come, so instead you just kill all but one and leave that one alive til the time runs out. Then basically sit on the roof for the rest of the level sniping as 4.

I think the tunnel is by far the easiest. You can kill almost everyone from distance. The others have more CQB where one shotgunner can kill your entire team in about 3 seconds.

FinKL

True enough, and tbh, I think running Lex is probably better since it's pretty fast and you get a HE item at the end. Of course, assuming you have a good group.

Is it guaranteed HE? Or once per day/ever? I've never done CM, just BK for an hour and got full purples as a fresh 30

Audioboxer

Just had a good hour or so in the DZ. Was going solo then two randoms invited me into their party and we got some named and extracted. They then left.

Carried on myself and got some more drops, nothing great, then went to extraction in DZ3. There must of been two parties of 4, or at least one and stragglers. I thought oh great... I had what must of been a warning shot fired at me close range and then I used surrender emote to the rescue. They didn't shoot me down and extraction went fine.

Not everyone in big packs are rogues to us solo players!

Bad news is my DZ drops so far have been utter shite. Almost at level 30 now though.

I wish there was a way to not go rogue accidently (not possible I know) but there was a group of 4 rogues camping the safe house door, and after a while like 10 agents including me were chasing them and shooting them but i guess me or my party member hit one of the other 9 agents and turned rogue. They were nice and didnt kill us and we killed the 4 rogues but still it was stressful.

commish

Is it guaranteed HE? Or once per day/ever? I've never done CM, just BK for an hour and got full purples as a fresh 30

Guaranteed every time. You could run it ten times in a row and get 10 HE if you want.

EL CUCO

I'm REALLY glad I didn't spoil the last mission for myself by watching it on stream or youtube. It made the
rain of purple gear
so much more glorious.

Guaranteed at the end, its not a drop its a reward for completing challenge mode and you can do it unlimited times it is not the daily reward.

ch4fx_

CM rewards you with 1 HE gear drop each time you run CM. So you're free to run it as many times as you want, and you will get a HE gear piece each time.

EDIT -- beaten, twice.

Lord Phol

They've broken Dark Zone for me now. It's just high end groups of 4 running around rogue trolling low level solo players in DZ01. The amount of XP, loot, keys I've lost is ridiculous. Makes it completely pointless going into DZ as a solo player.

Oh man I was afraid of this, that pretty much ruins DZ for me and I just started enjoying it. I've been in DZ 3 times so far. First was time was at level 16, it was pretty much people running around in groups killing each other. Not very fun at all. Got back at level 19, met some dudes who invited me, we had a good time farming loot, got some good drops and even teamed up with some other guys at the extraction points. Funny enough they got ganked just when I left the group to run back to the entrance. Managed to kill two of the Rogues who downed my former teammates, felt good. I went back again at level 24 and was pretty much all alone in DZ1-4. Managed to do all right solo, died a few times and got a bit frustrated, but since pretty much no one else was there I didn't loose any items. Was pretty scary but fun.

Will give it another shot soon when I'm 29 but if it's just groups running around ganking people then I'm just going to call it a day. I really enjoy some of the aspects of DZ but being teamed up on and loosing all my progress isn't one of them.

Audioboxer

Oh man I was afraid of this, that pretty much ruins DZ for me and I just started enjoying it. I've been in DZ 3 times so far. First was time was at level 16, it was pretty much people running around in groups killing each other. Not very fun at all. Got back at level 19, met some dudes who invited me, we had a good time farming loot, got some good drops and even teamed up with some other guys at the extraction points. Funny enough they got ganked just when I left the group to run back to the entrance. Managed to kill two of the Rogues who downed my former teammates, felt good. I went back again at level 24 and was pretty much all alone in DZ1-4. Managed to do all right solo, died a few times and got a bit frustrated, but since pretty much no one else was there I didn't loose any items. Was pretty scary but fun.

Will give it another shot soon when I'm 29 but if it's just groups running around ganking people then I'm just going to call it a day. I really enjoy some of the aspects of DZ but being teamed up on and loosing all my progress isn't one of them.

See my post on the last page, I've come across a big swarm and they let me live. There is hope.

Maybe felt pity though when I did the surrender emote /shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom