• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Spent soooo many items trying to roll that Vector, what a resource sink. Not sure I ended up with one outstanding combination. It either had great talents and shit base damage or great base damage and shit talents. Then I finally get one that has good base damage and +25% crit damage and base 25.5% crit chance. It has the named/elite talent as well but now I need to find a way to get 900 more skill power. Guess I'm going to try a glass cannon build.

I saw only 2 groups of rogues in my 4 hours yesterday and both times we killed them (after they initially went rogue against us) it really adds to the experience. DZ has been 100x better since patch (loot is still crap)

Audioboxer

I saw only 2 groups of rogues in my 4 hours yesterday and both times we killed them (after they initially went rogue against us) it really adds to the experience. DZ has been 100x better since patch (loot is still crap)

My drops have been shocking, albeit it only from DZ3/4. I guess I'll need to try CM missions. Any consensus on the easiest to start with? Do they all give HE drops at the end?

lt519

My drops have been shocking, albeit it only from DZ3/4. I guess I'll need to try CM missions. Any consensus on the easiest to start with? Do they all give HE drops at the end?

People like Lexington because you can funnel enemies through chokepoints. I heard Lincoln tunnel as well since you can sit back and snipe pretty effectively. Personally I've only done what I've heard is the worse, WarrenGate, can't wait to try some of the "easier" ones.

Arrrammis

This just in: General assembly is probably the best PvE place to farm for end game loot. 3 bosses, each with a chance to drop high end loot! Plus, somebody just discovered a way to glitch through the gates so that you can skip directly to the first boss (skipping roughly half the mission, which only has normal enemies) and then continue the missions as normal!
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4bkixy/how_to_skip_directly_to_the_bosses_in_general/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXmcp58nBwE&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy! If anyone is playing on PC, feel free to join me! UPlay: Arrrammos

Challenge mode loot is nice, but once you get mostly all HE gear, you realize that challenge mode only drops lvl. 30 gear guaranteed, any lvl. 31 gear you could get is a drop from the named boss. Plus, Gen. Assembly on hard is way easier for somebody starting the lvl. 30 grind than the Challenge modes.

Lord Phol

See my post on the last page, I've come across a big swarm and they let me live. There is hope.

Maybe felt pity though when I did the surrender emote /shrug

Ah that's good to hear. Guess it all depends on how lucky you are with the player list in your current DZ instance. As long as there is a good enough reason to not go Rogue at every opportunity there should still be people who don't feel the need to.

Audioboxer

People like Lexington because you can funnel enemies through chokepoints. I heard Lincoln tunnel as well since you can sit back and snipe pretty effectively. Personally I've only done what I've heard is the worse, WarrenGate, can't wait to try some of the "easier" ones.

Lexington is a piece of cake (except the roof) but i pugged it last night in 20 min.

Cheers. What is the difference with the dailies? Do they reward additional stuff?

lt519

Cheers. What is the difference with the dailies? Do they reward additional stuff?

Dailies reward an additional 20 pC and I think some HE crafting materials. If it's going to take you an extra hour to do the daily because its a harder Challenge Mode it may not be worth it if you can storm through Lexington in 15 minutes. But variety is the spice of life!

Audioboxer

Daily gives a 20 pcred bonus for the first clear on CM. No bonus loot or anything

Dailies reward an additional 20 pC and I think some HE crafting materials. If it's going to take you an extra hour to do the daily because its a harder Challenge Mode it may not be worth it if you can storm through Lexington in 15 minutes. But variety is the spice of life!

Cheers. Didn't know CM differed from normal missions to dailies.

Iceman829

Cheers. Didn't know CM differed from normal missions to dailies.

It doesn't. 3 Difficulties (Normal, Hard, Challenge) Not all maps have a challenge difficulty.

Everyday 2 maps are selected as the daily hard missions (reward +15 prceds per mission)

1 map is daily challenge mission (reward +20 pcreds)

Challenge difficulty can be completed at any time as many times as you want for a base reward of 30 pcreds and a HE reward for clearing the mission. People spam lexington and the lincoln tunnel missions as they are the easier of the 4

vctor182

The M1A that was on sale yesterday is a beast, I spent all my PC that I got thanks to the BK farm (R.I.P.) buying the HE extended mag blueprint and rolled a 90% mag size / 25% fire rate so it fires really really fast and is very consistent

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone want to run Lexington challenge on Xbox right now? I need 30 credits to probably quickest way.

Audioboxer

It doesn't. 3 Difficulties (Normal, Hard, Challenge) Not all maps have a challenge difficulty.

Everyday 2 maps are selected as the daily hard missions (reward +15 prceds per mission)

1 map is daily challenge mission (reward +20 pcreds)

Challenge difficulty can be completed at any time as many times as you want for a base reward of 30 pcreds and a HE reward for clearing the mission. People spam lexington and the lincoln tunnel missions as they are the easier of the 4

Ah okay, thanks. I got confused above when the GAFer said takes an hour versus 15 minutes. I now assume that is just due to Lexington being "easy".

Iceman829

Ah okay, thanks. I got confused above when the GAFer said takes an hour versus 15 minutes. I now assume that is just due to Lexington being "easy".

CM (challenge mode/missions) are just the highest difficulty, so the power plant and Russian embassy on average take longer (x2-3) more than Lexington or the LT mission. I just run the daily for fun and the challenge. Usually shenanigans occur on the harder maps, so it's a fun time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
CM (challenge mode/missions) are just the highest difficulty, so the power plant and Russian embassy on average take longer (x2-3) more than Lexington or the LT mission. I just run the daily for fun and the challenge. Usually shenanigans occur on the harder maps, so it's a fun time.

Honestly there is zero benefit to running any non-tunnel or Lex CM map. The others take a lot longer and are a lot harder. I can run Lex twice or even 3 times in the time it takes to do the others.

Tawpgun

People really complaining about the dz having more rogues in it?

It doesn't even happen all that often and if the main complaint is you can't fight back while solo.... Well that's you're own fault.

The dz is its own beast solo (you have to be 10 times more careful) but it's still possible. However it is HIGHLY advised you roll with a group. No one ever complains challenge mode isn't possible solo. Why have that complaint about the DZ

noomi

People really complaining about the dz having more rogues in it?

It doesn't even happen all that often and if the main complaint is you can't fight back while solo.... Well that's you're own fault.

The dz is its own beast solo (you have to be 10 times more careful) but it's still possible. However it is HIGHLY advised you roll with a group. No one ever complains challenge mode isn't possible solo. Why have that complaint about the DZ

I welcome more rogues, the more rogues the better. More for me to kill

I played my first daily last night, and it went fine. I went in with a friend of mine and 2 other randoms. We breezed through it, but there was quite a bit of lag. One of the randoms was from Australia, so that was likely to be the problem.

I got a legendary SCAR-L, which is a great gun. It had a 63K base DPS, and that was nice. After I attached some mods to it, it went up to 112K.

I was also helping my friend get his stats a bit of a boost. He's has been playing longer than I have, due to the nature of our work, but his stats were considerably lower than mine. When I logged on last night, I was at 107K DPS & 68K Health, where as he was 50K DPS & 27K Health. He was mostly focusing on Armor rating, rather than fine tuning his armor to compliment his play style and stat focus.

EDIT:

I also had a great time in the DZ. I've never seen so many Agents in one place. I swear, it seemed like there were close to 10 players running around the same extraction. I'm not sure what the DZ instance limit is, but it was nice to see. One of the best parts was one someone accidentally went rogue and tried to run, all of the other Agents chased him down, and then they accidentally turned rogue. In the end, every one was rogue. It was crazy.

Game is starting to run its course for me, and that's bumming me out. I like the idea of and loved the DZ so far, but the last two nights I've felt like I saw exactly what my loop was gonna be for the next several weeks and I might just want to cut out now.

Had a lot of fun from launch to here though. I think I'll be back for the expansions.

What's killing the game for me was the bonehead decision to make the crafting bottleneck a resource that you are never guaranteed to find. Division tech is farmed almost as soon as it pops up because it's the only resource that higher level players need anymore.

Need phoenix credits? You can get them. Need high-end crafting mats? You can get them? Need division tech? You have to be lucky. Considering how most of the crafted items I make are worthless due to bad rolls, finding enough HE tech for 3 crafts in 2 days just isn't worth my time anymore. So this is where I stop.

Pretty much ditched my SMGs in PvE, both Vector and Midas worked for a bit but i ended up only keepin the Vector for PvP purposes

Pakhan and M1A FW for PvE

Vector and M1A FW for DZ

I'm expecting the M1A to get nerfed a tad at some point, they absolutely shred people from both long and short range
I like this. But I use the mp5 for pve now. Haven't tested the mp5 in pvp yet but the vector is definitely a bullet hose in the most positive fashion.

WITHE1982

Pretty much ditched my SMGs in PvE, both Vector and Midas worked for a bit but i ended up only keepin the Vector for PvP purposes

Pakhan and M1A FW for PvE

Vector and M1A FW for DZ

I'm expecting the M1A to get nerfed a tad at some point, they absolutely shred people from both long and short range

How is the Pakhan for CM? I've heard it tears through elite shields like butter. May buy it tonight despite the hefty price.

I wish there was a way to not go rogue accidently (not possible I know) but there was a group of 4 rogues camping the safe house door, and after a while like 10 agents including me were chasing them and shooting them but i guess me or my party member hit one of the other 9 agents and turned rogue. They were nice and didnt kill us and we killed the 4 rogues but still it was stressful.

Me too, I think some kind of "safety switch" where for you to turn rogue you have to manually turn off the switch and be able to go rogue. This would end the baiting fest that some people do (and I hate it), but I think that some awesome situations may be impossible to come by with this kind of thing. For example, yesterday I accidentaly shot another agent while fighting some npcs on DZ01, my first reaction was to use the surrender emote. The guy looked at me, thought for 2 seconds, them continued to fight the npcs. I stayed on the surrender state for the 20 seconds, and when the timer finished, I joined the fight. We both kill the npcs, get the loot and walk away our different paths.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
The dz is at its best when rogues are running rampant. :)

It really is. Yesterday was the first day in a long time another player attacked me out of the blue. After I respawned and killed him back, I looted a high end stamina mod off his corpse, and desperately hiding from other agents and waiting for extraction was nerve racking.

You don't get that feeling if everyone wants to hug each other.

Archpath1

Yea was telling a friend
If they could let us purchase like a materials pack or single mats with the in game currencies

So much monies just sitting there

Rogue Hunting is the best. I was chasing down groups solo last night and then duo once a buddy logged on. There was one group that kept going rogue in DZ01 and DZ02 and then they'd try to run North to get away, I assume thinking that the stronger mobs would dissuade pursuit.

But my crew has been farming DZ03-DZ06 for a week. The Rogues thought high DZ's were there ally. They merely adopted them. We were born in it. Molded by it.

Seriously though we're pretty well versed with those areas so all they did was delay the inevitable. And I'll be perfectly honest. If you go Rogue and make me chase you across the whole collective DZ to hunt you down.. even if you drop Rogue, I'm going to kill you. May as well stand and fight.

If i worked on this game, id add a player animation that just has your character turn around, and start shaking his butt to show off that DZ bag you have attached.

10/10

Lima

Going Manhunt is so worth it now. You can finally sit down and have fun in the DZ and not come out down 5 levels, no you actually are gaining insane amounts of XP for surviving. And even if you die you don't lose hours of progress. It's amazing.

Fucking division tech needs to go though. I'm so sick of running around a farm route opening chests. Feels like Destiny before you were able to buy materials from the tower. At least in this game I can kill people if I see them fucking up my farm route I guess.

Pop

Way more rogues in DZ now. I like it this way.

Also I've find two High End pieces of gear in DZ05/06 since patch. Before patch, nothing.

noomi

We should team up when I'm leveled up enough and just go rogue hunting.

I'm down :D

Agreed, after yesterdays patch the few hours where people were going nuts in the DZ killing each other looked like so much fun.

What a badass.

That's Mr. Badass to you :p

maxresdefault.jpg

Tawpgun

What's killing the game for me was the bonehead decision to make the crafting bottleneck a resource that you are never guaranteed to find. Division tech is farmed almost as soon as it pops up because it's the only resource that higher level players need anymore.

Need phoenix credits? You can get them. Need high-end crafting mats? You can get them? Need division tech? You have to be lucky. Considering how most of the crafted items I make are worthless due to bad rolls, finding enough HE tech for 3 crafts in 2 days just isn't worth my time anymore. So this is where I stop.

Dude game basically just came out and by the sounds of it you're more than equipped to do any of the content that's out right now.

The game shouldn't just hand you the best in slot in every slot within 2 weeks.

If anything the game made it way too easy to get high end gear too quickly. It's not even rare anymore because you can just buy or craft everything.

To me, it sounds like your loot progression is finally slowing down. Take your time with the game.
Kappa

Gold Division Tech is dropping a lot more often. Pre-patch I had a total of 3 over the course of a week or so. Post-patch I've gotten a total of 10. They drop off enemies as well as from the boxes.

It really is. Yesterday was the first day in a long time another player attacked me out of the blue. After I respawned and killed him back, I looted a high end stamina mod off his corpse, and desperately hiding from other agents and was for extraction was nerve racking.

You don't get that feeling if everyone wants to hug each other.

So much this. When everyone plays nice it gets boring. There's no tension.

If i worked on this game, id add a player animation that just has your character turn around, and start shaking his butt to show off that DZ bag you have attached.

10/10

Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom