• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
Amazing:

https://twitter.com/theghost1776/status/712410227522412544
CeL9UpPVAAAr8jH.jpg

Haha, rest in peace!

If anyone has a low-level account and a couple of minutes to spare, can you please add me on PSN and let me kill you.

Need like 3 more rogue kills I think, was going well until a level 14 barged in and wrecked me and my grinding partner

Promise to stop spamming when I get it :p

Lima

How in God's name could you hit 60% crit chance?

You can get crit hit chance up to 25% on a SMG. Then get fierce on it. Adds another 8%. 5% on gloves and mask. Gear mods can roll 1,5% and you can have a shit ton of them if you have slots in every piece. Also attachments. You can get crit hit chance on magazine, scope and muzzle.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
You can get crit hit chance up to 25% on a SMG. Then get fierce on it. Adds another 8%. 5% on gloves and mask. Gear mods can roll 1,5% and you can have a shit ton of them if you have slots in every piece. Also attachments. You can get crit hit chance on magazine, scope and muzzle.
This.

The issue is that the buff caps at 60% so min-max players might not care to reach that 60% natively depending on their play style because alot of skills already increase your critical chance not to mention that Electronic builds might reach this cap easily with skills such as a single use of Pulse.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
People running out rambo style in challenge mode. >_>
Guilty as charge in Hard Mode 100% of the time and I don't even take cover in Hard Mode anymore however in Challenge Mode I'm more careful and if I ever feel the need to run in guns blazing I activate "Rambo Mode (Survival Link) and I fire away.

MP5zgPb.jpg

Bout to spend the last HE Tech I'll ever both farming again (ugh). Is this SMG worth it over the vector? My vector has swift (meh), brutal (nice) and sustained.

Also, is that stability for real?

Ok I don't think I have any left to give on this game. I accepted the boring story missions like I did in Destiny but there's just no end game here at all. At least I had the crucible to take my gear to in Destiny butthe DZ is just no replacement for an actual PvP mode. The game is too much hassle to actually play though is the main issue.

The downtime has been a PITA but the game itself is what's hampering me the most. I just spent 30 minutes trying to get out of the DZ since there was fights breaking out near the exits all the time all so I can try the Lexington Challenging mission. I have no idea why I can't matchmake from the safehouse I started at within the DZ and not being able to is just pointless, it's a safehouse after all. After finally getting to matchmake for Lex the doors won't open so we can't start the mission.

I'm just done jumping through the hurdles set by the game for what's ultimately an average package overall. I guess I expected more from the end game overall but there's just nothing that grabs my interest. I might actually do something I've never done before and trade it in, which is especially tempting considering the online reliance and how that impacts it as a part of my collection.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent my frustrations and disappointment with the design I guess.

ERMint13

MP5zgPb.jpg

Bout to spend the last HE Tech I'll ever both farming again (ugh). Is this SMG worth it over the vector? My vector has swift (meh), brutal (nice) and sustained.

Also, is that stability for real?

I got an MP-5 as a regular drop HE on one of the challenge mode bosses. I like it alot. Very comparable to a HE Vector.

I believe the Vector is better but not by much IMO. I believe the base damage on my MP-5 was higher too. Which gun is better probably depends on the rolls. Mag size on MP-5 is super nice though.

Hopefully they address this Division Tech crap because it's garbage. I have a long way to go to DZ 50 as I'm only 32 but I currently have 5 yellow techs and probably 50-60 blue/green.

noomi

Ok I don't think I have any left to give on this game. I accepted the boring story missions like I did in Destiny but there's just no end game here at all. At least I had the crucible to take my gear to in Destiny butthe DZ is just no replacement for an actual PvP mode. The game is too much hassle to actually play though is the main issue.

The downtime has been a PITA but the game itself is what's hampering me the most. I just spent 30 minutes trying to get out of the DZ since there was fights breaking out near the exits all the time all so I can try the Lexington Challenging mission. I have no idea why I can't matchmake from the safehouse I started at within the DZ and not being able to is just pointless, it's a safehouse after all. After finally getting to matchmake for Lex the doors won't open so we can't start the mission.

I'm just done jumping through the hurdles set by the game for what's ultimately an average package overall. I guess I expected more from the end game overall but there's just nothing that grabs my interest. I might actually do something I've never done before and trade it in, which is especially tempting considering the online reliance and how that impacts it as a part of my collection.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent my frustrations and disappointment with the design I guess.

There is a pretty decent Year 1 planned from what the devs are planning, take a break from the game and check back in a month or two :)

With new content, changes/fixes, additions.... etc you might want to give it another shot.

That being said, as over-hyped and biased I am about the Division I am still able to see it's shortcomings, but remain hopeful that the devs will keep improving upon what the made so far :)

I've crafted countless attachments and I've gotten crit chance maybe twice. It sucks.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man the NPCs in the BoO typing at computers is driving me fucking nuts. Tap tap tap tap tap. So annoying when at the crafting or calibration desks.

HelloMeow

I'm guessing he's talking about people who are at the highest level with the best gear basically ganking people still trying to get the best gear. They probably didn't intend that to happen. But that's the way it was always going to be.

Exactly.

I just reached level 30 and I play solo. What am i supposed to do? Get killed over and over again by groups of players with good gear? That's poor design. And what are those players hoping to achieve? They're just assholes. I might be better off making a new character and hanging around level 29.

Most of us said this is gonna be a 40-60 hour game for 90% of players, it was really obvious from the beta and from how quiet Ubi/Massive were about end game. The only question mark was whether there was an actual Rikers 8+ man raid or not since so many people rumored it up.

Some will hit the end in 5 days, some in 45 days but everyone is going to quickly hit that point where all you have left to do is make some barely incremental changes to gear and the path to it is extremely boring.

Still I have zero regrets, I found the story interesting enough and the 20 hours I sunk into grinding loot wasn't too bad and DZ is kinda fun but honestly I'd rather just play Black Ops 3 or the new Battlefront DLC than wander around DZ playing "will they or won't they". Also got the platinum earlier this week which kinda makes me feel like I am "done".

I traded my game in yesterday, $35 at gamestop when I traded it towards a PSVR which is almost exactly what I paid for it. I'll rebuy digitally down the road when gold is $20, Incursions are out next month and should be another 4 man instance with set gear and higher difficulty, and I'm sure they will add more similar content down the road. I don't expect anything crazy like prototypical FPS PVP (teams, maps) or real raids until Division 2.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I don't get this game. I just removed all mods from my gear and my DPS has gone up 20,000. ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

I hate the crying woman in one of safehouses. She's in the damn way too when you spawn.

You seen the women at the calibration desk? You can be calibrating away and then bam shes in front of the whole screen giving the death stare at you.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Exactly.

I just reached level 30 and I play solo. What am i supposed to do? Get killed over and over again by groups of players with good gear? That's poor design. And what are those players hoping to achieve? They're just assholes. I might be better off making a new character and hanging around level 29.

So what is your proposal? That they remove PvP totally in the DZ?

I think PC player base has less "griefers" they exist but I rarely see them and could probably solo for a half hour before getting ganked. Not as bad as some of you guys claim to be experiencing.

bjaelke

The Division @TheDivisionGame

We are aware of PC players not being able to log into the game. We're currently investigating.

theWB27

With the servers down I wonder if that's why I can't open any chests in the dz.

O well...just logged in so I'll rank up until they're fixed.

I'm guessing he's talking about people who are at the highest level with the best gear basically ganking people still trying to get the best gear. They probably didn't intend that to happen. But that's the way it was always going to be.

Oh they intended it

You don't create an every man for himself wild west pvp zone without knowing that this is exactly what will happen haha. There are no rules. Only misery.

Hjod

Banned
I think PC player base has less "griefers" they exist but I rarely see them and could probably solo for a half hour before getting ganked. Not as bad as some of you guys claim to be experiencing.

I've soloed my way up to DZ50, it's really not that bad. You just need to be aware of your surroundings, extract from LZs far away. If people show up while you are extracting just get the hell out of there. And wait for them to leave. I prefer soloing in the DZ, feels more intense.

I just extracted Midas, whats the consensus on it? Not as good as the HE Vector I guess?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You don't create an every man for himself wild west pvp zone without knowing that this is exactly what will happen haha. There are no rules. Only misery.

Exactly. There's 2/3 of the map out there for the players who want sunshine and rainbows.

I've soloed my way up to DZ50, it's really not that bad. You just need to be aware of your surroundings, extract from LZs far away. If people show up while you are extracting just get the hell out of there. And wait for them to leave. I prefer soloing in the DZ, feels more intense.

I just extracted Midas, whats the consensus on it? Not as good as the HE Vector I guess?

I prefer the Midas to the Vector. Stack Crit Chance/Crit Damage with a ~80%+ Mag + ~22%+ Rate of Fire. Performs great with less horizontal drift. Vector's drift and recoil is likely easier to manage with KB/M but with a controller, I find it annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom