• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

I prefer the Midas to the Vector. Stack Crit Chance/Crit Damage with a ~80%+ Mag + ~22%+ Rate of Fire. Performs great with less horizontal drift. Vector's drift and recoil is likely easier to manage with KB/M but with a controller, I find it annoying.

Midas is only obtainable through RNG drop, or can you actually craft it?

What the DZ may need is more space and/or some kind of "structure".

In DayZ, there are certain starting areas that tend to attract a lot of players and, thus, kill-on-sighters/griefers/etc. Going into those, you know there is a certain amount of risk involved, as well as reward--there is often pretty good loot there. Same with airfields and other landmarks.

If you want to just chill out and find the lesser-known areas, you go to the outskirts of the map, where it takes more time but is safer and also has good rewards.

The DZ is KINDA like this, but because the scale is so much smaller, everything kinda bleeds into each other.

Hjod

Banned
I prefer the Midas to the Vector. Stack Crit Chance/Crit Damage with a ~80%+ Mag + ~22%+ Rate of Fire. Performs great with less horizontal drift. Vector's drift and recoil is likely easier to manage with KB/M but with a controller, I find it annoying.

Ok, thanks. Will try it out :).

Midas is only obtainable through RNG drop, or can you actually craft it?

I got it from the namned boss at the library DZ02. Praise RNGesus. I don't think you can craft it.

Archpath1

they need to add like a DZ Wide Boss
"LMB are making a push they've sent ground forces, with air support"
so you fight some infantry, along with a fucking helicopter lvl 33-34
just chaos, everyone teaming up to take this shit down

*stops day dreaming*

welp time to kill more rogues...

The DZ is KINDA like this, but because the scale is so much smaller, everything kinda bleeds into each other.

I think that was by design though.

There aren't enough max players per instance to really justify making the dz larger. There's plenty of places that you'll never see another person for a long while but also knowing there are areas players tend to always drift towards.

I'm not proposing anything. Again, what am I supposed to do against this? I don't know. I'm asking.

Just do your best, is all I can suggest. The final mission on Hard drops a lot of purple gear. Once you hit 30, the bosses there have a chance of dropping HE on Hard as well. Use that to gear up well enough that you can roam DZ01 and DZ02 fairly safely and cautiously farm the mobs to get your rank up. By the time you hit Rank 50, you'll have a ton of DZ Credits, so hit the safe houses in the DZ and buy the HE blueprints there. DZ01-DZ05 all have HE items, mods, etc.. as well as HE blueprints that you can purchase with the credits. If you can extract successfully fairly regularly and deconstruct what you don't want or need, you should have a bunch of materials to craft better gear.

Get a few good pieces, play DZ conservative/cautiously, and focus on a good build and your survivability against rogues goes up a ton.

I solo a lot and rarely get ganked. I actually look to hunt down Rogues.

Tawpgun

There aren't enough max players per instance to really justify making the dz larger. There's plenty of places that you'll never see another person for a long while but also knowing there are areas players tend to always drift towards.
Mainly north and south too. Players concentrate in the south.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well then... I know what I'll be chasing for the next year lol. Took me too damn long to get the Hawkmoon in Destiny.

Midas is will be my new Hawkmoon.

It's not really a game changer like Hawkmoon though. Not after the Trained talent was removed. Now it's just an OK smg.

I think the problem we may be having now (to be clear, I haven't been in the DZ since the patch) is that it's much harder to solo or find a safe extraction point, because everything is compacted.

Not feeling safe is good, but I think there should be degrees of it, not an absolute "there is no point in going in Solo".

Just my thoughts--again, I haven't gone Solo since the patch and it's possible the griefers will die out a bit, or they'll balance it more.

Tawpgun

I think the problem we may be having now (to be clear, I haven't been in the DZ since the patch) is that it's much harder to solo or find a safe extraction point, because everything is compacted.

Not feeling safe is good, but I think there should be degrees of it, not an absolute "there is no point in going in Solo".

Just my thoughts--again, I haven't gone Solo since the patch and it's possible the griefers will die out a bit, or they'll balance it more.
Solo is very possible post patch

The stories of squads of griefers are overblown

Also, how do you change a dz instance

Mainly north and south too. Players concentrate in the south.

I've spent a lot of time in the Dz pre and post patch, and the northern regions are far safer for solo play. Whenever none of my friends are on, I stick to dz 4-6 and just keep an eye out for surprises. Lots of remote extraction areas, divtech and dz chests.

The south is a Warzone. I think over time, hot spots will shift as players become more familiar with the map, and as ubisoft adds new challenges and events and the like.

But for now... Though the northern areas have tougher enemies, it's mostly free of the human on human carnival in the south.

they need to add like a DZ Wide Boss
"LMB are making a push they've sent ground forces, with air support"
so you fight some infantry, along with a fucking helicopter lvl 33-34
just chaos, everyone teaming up to take this shit down

*stops day dreaming*

welp time to kill more rogues...

Should be some DZ content coming for free in the next month or two. Perhaps something like this will be included?

Well then... I know what I'll be chasing for the next year lol. Took me too damn long to get the Hawkmoon in Destiny.

Midas is will be my new Hawkmoon.

I got mine from Animal when he spawns by the library. I believe my buddy did as well.

It really just depends on the instance. Sometimes you find one where it seems like half the DZ is Rogue.. others, it's pretty quiet. Though players are generally a lot more paranoid and will watch you a lot closer than they did previously.

I got mine from Animal in DZ02 at the library.

So now that I've hit DZ50, which safe houses should I visit?
For less than 300,000 dz bucks you can purchase every available blueprint and item in every saferoom, save for DZ06. Everything there costs Phoenix Credits.

By the time I hit 50 I had over 400k in dz fun monies. Went on a shopping spree haha.

I get the feeling that similarly to Caduceus, Midas is probably the one named gun that can drop from any boss in the DZ. Though admittedly there appears to be a pattern with Animal.. too small a sample to say for sure.

noomi

Rocket in DZ03 seems to be the only boss that can drop the Midas. Go to town on him, he's the boss at the dz03 extraction.

I got mine from Animal when he spawns by the library. I believe my buddy did as well.

Looks like I have some farming to do :(

It's not really a game changer like Hawkmoon though. Not after the Trained talent was removed. Now it's just an OK smg.

I must have it for my collection, gotta catch ' em all y'know? :p

I'm not proposing anything. Again, what am I supposed to do against this? I don't know. I'm asking.

I would say do the following:

1) gear up for it by doing hard missions, dailies, and CMs
2) recognize the fact that you're playing DZ solo by choice, not necessity, and in doing so you'll have to play differently, specifically by:
a) going where the people aren't
b) use bait tactics when extracting, such as starting an extraction in one place just to leave to another extraction point
c) run and hide when you need to
3) accept that the days of cattle-grazing in this area are over

Personally, I always start out running DZ solo. If I see a group doing similar things as me, I'll try to add one, or show myself to be helpful enough to get added. This is easier now that healing neutrals works. And I'm by no means geared out. Lots of purples, still. I even got a purple jacket and purple pom pom beanie, such a scrub that I am.

I've been killed and I've killed others, but I've never been griefed. By and large, people are still running areas for loot. The pace is just a lot quicker now, and the extractions aren't 12 people doing jumping jacks because the possibility of a guy's M1A is out there. They're hiding behind boxes.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the whole issue of top-tiered players making fresh 30s lives' hell is 90% hyperbole.

Matush

Need help DGaf, should I bite? When I roll it, is there a sure bet that I will get some decent stats on Electronics and Stamina?

img_20160323_190359iqsbx.jpg

dLMN8R

I haven't played this post-patch, but pre-patch I had what appeared to be a weird bug regarding attaching mods to gear (not weapons).

It seemed like DPS calculations were completely screwed up when attaching or detaching mods from a piece of gear. I can't really describe it though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

theWB27

There's a group of about 5 agents going rogue on x1. They killed me a bunch. I killed a few but that fun is done. Good stuff

noomi

Don't all crafted holsters come with stats for all attributes? Firepower/Stamina/Electronics

The one I currently have is a HE with about +490 in each stat. But the Specialized vendor one only shows firepower stat?

It tells you on the image
Dark Zone Vendor :p

I thought you had to be rank 50 to buy items from there, I don't see DZ rank anywhere in that screenie....

f@luS

More than a member.
I've had several vector 45 and all of them needed electronic for power up and they were so-so. I've finally found one good I think what do u guys think ? Just dps base is lowest of all my v45

Base damage is 6100is (got one 6400)
Vicious 13% critical increase when full Hp
Unforgiving increase damage per segment of health missing
Adept increase critical hit by 8% for 5s when using a skill

All firearms stamina only needed

And also is acr a good auto riffle ? Got caduceus as well which one is better

I've had several vector 45 and all of them needed electronic for power up and they were so-so. I've finally found one good I think what do u guys think ? Just dps base is lowest of all my v45

Base damage is 6100is (got one 6400)
Vicious 13% critical increase when full Hp
Unforgiving increase damage per segment of health missing
Adept increase critical hit by 8% for 5s when using a skill

All firearms stamina only needed

And also is acr a good auto riffle ? Got caduceus as well which one is better

Those are pretty bad talents I would say. Try to get at least ONE of ferocious, Crit damage one, crit % one or armor destruction. I would say get at least 2 but I have crafted 25 and all have been bad. Now i have one that is 8% crit chance 18% armor destruction and soem crappy talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom