• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
They call me Golden Balls. Need to get some more stamina mod. Boss also dropped pink camo.

5AjL8WA.png

y15alDz.png

I used to run that for awhile. I usually bring the ammo crate now because my guns are hungry

I think we could do CM easy with this combo.

Ketch

Tell that to any solo player that was lttp. I'm not exaggerating. I've been killed by groups of players ~10 times in the last hour.

uhh, i've played solo the entire time and have only ever been attacked once from the roof across the street and it didn't do anything to me. 60h +

I understand that you've had / are having not a good time in the DZ, but that doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

Frenden

Banned
Anyone want to farm General with me in about fifteen minutes? I've gotten three HEs there post patch. Quicker than CMs if you're already geared.

Plus the helicopter is great for mat farming.

Why does it take 5minutes to enter a made match making and teleport to their instance?

It takes about 2 minutes to start the game and start playing from desktop.

I have it installed on a SSD.

demonkaze

So I finally hit DZ30 and was wondering if there was actually anything worth buying from the vendors there? I'm already Level 30 and have a HE Black Market AK.

Anyone want to farm General with me in about fifteen minutes? I've gotten three HEs there post patch. Quicker than CMs if you're already geared.

I'd rather do them solo due to fewer enemies and I can melt 3 lvl 30 elites with my vector without releoading :p

Klyka

Banned
So I finally hit DZ30 and was wondering if there was actually anything worth buying from the vendors there? I'm already Level 30 and have a HE Black Market AK.

you might be able to find some purple stuff from time to time that is an upgrade, but mostly you want to get to DZ 50 for the actual high end items/blueprints

Arrrammis

Any pointers to differences between various gun types?

AR vs LMG vs SMG

Marksman seems to be for range generally but scoping is limited (I am level 9)

LMG has huge magazines+range, but lower burst damage output. SMGs are the opposite, short range, small magazine, huge burst damage. ARs are the in-between; more range and lower burst damage than SMG's, but not quite at the level of LMG's.

Klyka

Banned
Any pointers to differences between various gun types?

AR vs LMG vs SMG

Marksman seems to be for range generally but scoping is limited (I am level 9)

LMGs are amazing if you want to be a tank and constantly have aggro. Their aggro generation is HUGE. Also, suppression for daaaaaays

I just beat the game, and now that Im entering into the end game stuff. The daily quests, getting yellow blueprints, surving in the darkzone, Im reminded how I felt when I entered Destiny's endgame. I felt left out, and a little upset because I worked my way up to a break wall. Simply because Bungie wouldnt add random matchmaking to their end game stuff. I can appreciate a singler vision when it comes to telling a story, but not when it comes to playing a game. Games are meant to be manipulated so its a little obnoxius for them to say you have to play with people you know. You have to have friends that have the same interests, and time schedule as you. Because we dont want to just hand you a bunch of fun systems to play with. We want to control how you play those systems

I speed ran a couple earlier with a solid pug and didn't get any HEs.

You want to do some CM tonight? I think it'll be one of the easier ones (Lincoln Tunnel?) so I'm down for multiple runs at reset.

Dropping a FR just in case ;)

Ushay

Holy shit, I used Ballistic Shield on a whim during a challenge mode mission. Made the shotgun enemies trivial for the whole team while I pulled aggro. Game changer, I had no idea a tank was so important in this type of game.

Question - is Tech important for a tank build using ballistic shield? Does it make your shields stronger?

Also I went Black Market AK based on above suggestions.

theWB27

I don't understand what's going on. I have all HE gear, except for knee pads, but if I equip blue gear, my stats fly up even further.

Right now my skills are stuck at 7k, but a pair of blue gloves, from HE, shoots it up to 13k. What gives?

Holy shit, I used Ballistic Shield on a whim during a challenge mode mission. Made the shotgun enemies trivial for the whole team while I pulled aggro. Game changer, I had no idea a tank was so important in this type of game.

Question - is Tech important for a tank build using ballistic shield? Does it make your shields stronger?

Pretty sure that would be the case. High tech makes the turret health better. Also gear perks can strengthen it.

I don't understand what's going on. I have all HE gear, except for knee pads, but if I equip blue gear, my stats fly up even further.

Right now my skills are stuck at 7k, but a pair of blue gloves, from HE, shoots it up to 13k. What gives?

What are some of the stats on the blue gear? For example. I use an SMG, I have HE gloves, but my purple gloves have the SMG damage boost perk. So wearing those are actually better at the moment.

the gear is confusing in this game.. I'm still trying to figure it out

i never know if i have the best stuff equipped

spyder_ur

Alright, I'm a believer in scavenging: 3 more HEs in an hour of DZ.

Most exciting was a HE SCar-H with 162% headshot damage, been looking for a HE marksman rifle. Strange thing is it does less DPS than my vendor purple M1 when modded out. Still looking forward to trying it out.

Also, the Pakhan is amazing when you put some decent mods on it.

chogidogs

Am I wasting my time crafting grip mods over and over hoping for something other than stability. Can crit modifier appear on there?

lt519

the gear is confusing in this game.. I'm still trying to figure it out

i never know if i have the best stuff equipped

You really have to read between the lines. The best thing to do is go into the inventory page, hit R1, and check out your character stats. Things like Armor do a lot more than you may think. An extra 500-600 armor can net you 7-8% more damage mitigation. So for example if you are choosing between 2k health or 500 armor as a major stat when you already have 40k health, the armor stat will do more. If you have a high crit chance weapon like an SMG then a critical damage main stat can be way more important than something like +328 SMG damage on clovers. Etc, etc.

DPS is basically an aggregation of all the statistics of a gun, your firepower, crit hit and crit damage. But the problem is that some statistics inflate DPS (accuracy) but your actual damage output when fighting is lower since you don't land every bullet as a headshot in a clip.

The effects of skill power can be seen in the abilities page when selecting a skill. It'll show base effectiveness of the skill and then the actual effectiveness based on your skill power. i.e. a Sticky Bomb will go from 20k damage to 80k damage with a lot of skill power.

Check this out, it'll help massively in understanding what is going on:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1407941-Damage-amp-You-Forums

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Where are skill builds most useful? GAF recommendations seem to go with high DPS/mid stam/low skill for CMs.

I've gone up against some skill builds in the Dark Zone and they have been really difficult to overcome.

TheYanger

I was full tech ballistic shield when I first hit 30 before swapping away from electronics.
It DOES make your shield stronger - for pve you literally don't need any stamina playing that build, that said every skill has a cap and the caps are different. For the shield you could go PRETTY high before it capped. It was ~500,000 hp for the pulse shield, and like 230,000 for the dps one. That said, unless something changes in the raid it feels like a burden on your team a lot of the time in the current meta, so some tips from when I played it:

-Your dps is total shit with a sidearm, even stacking sidearm damage increases and pistol damage etc.
-You have to be aware of every mob, most builds die to shotgunners from behind, but this one dies to ANYTHING behind.
-Use shift to shoulder swap in order to angle your shield better so that you can corner peek without exposing too much of yourself (Your shield still dies more slowly if you're not just standing there getting blasted, obviously) but not show your frontside.
-You can rez people while holding your shield to your front still.
-Interacting with objects, climbing around, everything you normally take for granted, barely works or doens't work with the shield out. You can hit sprint to temporarily put it away and do whatever you need to do before it comes out.

theWB27

Pretty sure that would be the case. High tech makes the turret health better. Also gear perks can strengthen it.

What are some of the stats on the blue gear? For example. I use an SMG, I have HE gloves, but my purple gloves have the SMG damage boost perk. So wearing those are actually better at the moment.

I deconstructed them already. I will pay attention to the perks a little more in the future. With that said, high end should be better than blue, it's the whole reason they're high end.

I don't wanna grind and have it be that some common blue gloves work best. It's not a good thing.

T.O.P

Banned
Ballistic Shield bro. Made Dem shotgunners manageable.

God I hated them with a passion before..
We did it the coward way, blocked them from passing using the stationary shield lol

Stickin to the stairs and sniping them in tranquility felt good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom