• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
I was full tech ballistic shield when I first hit 30 before swapping away from electronics.
It DOES make your shield stronger - for pve you literally don't need any stamina playing that build, that said every skill has a cap and the caps are different. For the shield you could go PRETTY high before it capped. It was ~500,000 hp for the pulse shield, and like 230,000 for the dps one. That said, unless something changes in the raid it feels like a burden on your team a lot of the time in the current meta, so some tips from when I played it:

-Your dps is total shit with a sidearm, even stacking sidearm damage increases and pistol damage etc.
-You have to be aware of every mob, most builds die to shotgunners from behind, but this one dies to ANYTHING behind.
-Use shift to shoulder swap in order to angle your shield better so that you can corner peek without exposing too much of yourself (Your shield still dies more slowly if you're not just standing there getting blasted, obviously) but not show your frontside.
-You can rez people while holding your shield to your front still.
-Interacting with objects, climbing around, everything you normally take for granted, barely works or doens't work with the shield out. You can hit sprint to temporarily put it away and do whatever you need to do before it comes out.

my friend with his shield makes it so that in CMs we are totally protected and can spam our CC and do damage without a care in the world.

Just yesterday we got flanked by three shotgun rusher son one side in the powerplant and he just stood directly in front of me kept them all back until my CC was back up.
I would have died if he hadn't been a shield.

The amount of fire and damage a shield can take and absorb and thereby totally negate away from the battle is IMMENSE.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The must only be a certain table of cosmetics that civilians can provide. The last 5 civis I've helped have given either nothing or a white item. I must have exhausted their cosmetic drops.

Question on gearing up my armor pieces: are there any blueprints I should be spending PC on at the BoO? Are there some that are outclassed at the DZ safehouse? (I'm not DZ 50, yet.)

Or should I just do Lexington CM repeatedly, since it's so much easier than the others, and fill out my armor with HEs that way?

Also, if anyone wants to do some CMs or DZ circuits tonight on PS4, add me: The_Letdown. I'll be home in about 30 minutes or so, depending on if I stop to get beer first. Spoiler:
I will.

Mentok

Banned
Sigh....feel my pain GAF. I was roaming the DZ,trying to get up to level 30. I ran into two guys and we just start running around killing things. We killed a named boss, and he drops the HE Midas. Then to finish off the mob, I decide to use my sticky grenade.....and one of the other agents decided to rush them.....turned rogue, and was killed very quickly. Then the two who killed me, killed me again on the street after spawning in. What a shitty time.

Granadier

Sigh....feel my pain GAF. I was roaming the DZ,trying to get up to level 30. I ran into two guys and we just start running around killing things. We killed a named boss, and he drops the HE Midas. Then to finish off the mob, I decide to use my sticky grenade.....and one of the other agents decided to rush them.....turned rogue, and was killed very quickly. Then the two who killed me, killed me again on the street after spawning in. What a shitty time.

Hope you learned a lesson. If you are not in a group you should never, ever use explosives in the DZ.

Unless of course you are intentionally going rogue.

zorbsie

The must only be a certain table of cosmetics that civilians can provide. The last 5 civis I've helped have given either nothing or a white item. I must have exhausted their cosmetic drops.

Been having the same thing happen in my game. Does it make me a bad guy for not wanting to give them stuff anymore? I was only in it for the clothes. :)

Audioboxer

Finally get a HE drop in the DZ some asshole kills me while I'm trying to extract, ugh.

I just learned today you only drop 3 items if your backpack is full. 3 publicly that is. Fill your backpacks up if you get HE and rogues might not get it.

Granadier

Been having the same thing happen in my game. Does it make me a bad guy for not wanting to give them stuff anymore? I was only in it for the clothes. :)

If they want my waters they better damn well give me some fly clothes.

Lima

I deconstructed them already. I will pay attention to the perks a little more in the future. With that said, high end should be better than blue, it's the whole reason they're high end.

I don't wanna grind and have it be that some common blue gloves work best. It's not a good thing.

Is this your first loot game.

Finally get a HE drop in the DZ some asshole kills me while I'm trying to extract, ugh.

Oh man. Yeah...shit is tense sometimes. If I have some good stuff I will scope out an extract site forever before call in a heli. Sometimes, I will even call an evac to a location, then run around to another one on the opposite side of the map. lol.

ODDI

I just learned today you only drop 3 items if your backpack is full. 3 publicly that is. Fill your backpacks up if you get HE and rogues might not get it.

This is good advice I'll take this to heart next time I strap in.

Oh man. Yeah...shit is tense sometimes. If I have some good stuff I will scope out an extract site forever before call in a heli. Sometimes, I will even call an evac to a location, then run around to another one on the opposite side of the map. lol.

The guy was a certified douchebag with one agenda only fuck up everyone else day with his M44 and Midas.

lt519

I like to find one with a mess of enemies, run up call a heli, run away, heal and hide, then when the rope drops pop a damage mitigation and run up and extract. If there are any other players around the AI acts as a bit of cannon fodder but the AI is generally too weak to take me out in time if I place the rope properly. Sounds ass backwards but it actually works really well.

Tawpgun

I want to kill civies that don't give me cosmetics.

I'm trying to save New York and I'm not gonna look like a bum doing it.

Ushay

We did it the coward way, blocked them from passing using the stationary shield lol

Stickin to the stairs and sniping them in tranquility felt good

Lmao a group I was with actually tried this. To our horror the shotgunners glitches through the shields.

Audioboxer

I want to kill civies that don't give me cosmetics.

I'm trying to save New York and I'm not gonna look like a bum doing it.

I've had them give me nothing at all lol. As in not even a white crappy item.

Grr the random equipment drops from CM missions are not favouring me. At least I have 2 copies of pink skins and 1 teal now.

dLMN8R

I haven't played this post-patch, but pre-patch I had what appeared to be a weird bug regarding attaching mods to gear (not weapons).

It seemed like DPS calculations were completely screwed up when attaching or detaching mods from a piece of gear. I can't really describe it though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyone?

Dave1988

Which Vector should I keep?

Vector no 1 - 10.1K dmg, +23,50% Crit Chance, Accuracy + 46%, Sig skill resources + 11% on headshot kill, Reload speed + 13%

Vector no 2 - 9,5K dmg, +24,50% Crit Chance, Crit Chance +13% when at full health, Accuracy + 46%, Stability + 46%

Kade

What abilities are the least reliant on Skill Power? I want to just go hard on Damage and Stamina while still being useful.

my friend with his shield makes it so that in CMs we are totally protected and can spam our CC and do damage without a care in the world.

Just yesterday we got flanked by three shotgun rusher son one side in the powerplant and he just stood directly in front of me kept them all back until my CC was back up.
I would have died if he hadn't been a shield.

The amount of fire and damage a shield can take and absorb and thereby totally negate away from the battle is IMMENSE.

Wait? How many shotgun blasts can a shield honestly survive? I ran with a shield build while leveling and LOVED it, but I've just assumed it wouldn't work at all in challenge mode.

I personally love the idea of working a sidearm with the shield out, damage be damned!

Frenden

Banned
I speed ran a couple earlier with a solid pug and didn't get any HEs.

You want to do some CM tonight? I think it'll be one of the easier ones (Lincoln Tunnel?) so I'm down for multiple runs at reset.

Dropping a FR just in case ;)

Sounds good! Might not be able to make it on, but wiped was looking for someone tonight too. One way or the other.

What abilities are the least reliant on Skill Power? I want to just go hard on Damage and Stamina while still being useful.

Sticky flashbomb. Then maybe smart cover, ammo support station, revive first aid or you can double down on CC with a flame/shock turret or gas seeker mine.

faer0n

Is it worth to change a vest with +47%armor when in Cover to one with barely higher stats but"add overheal to all healing skills"?

daxy

There's this short theme that's not in the soundtrack that I was wondering if it's up somewhere to listen to. It's hard to describe, it's just a short bass line of sorts. You can hear it in this video for example, at 9:15.

https://youtu.be/xoF4_GgeSoc?t=9m15s

Listened through the OST and it doesn't appear to be in there.

hydruxo

Which Vector should I keep?

Vector no 1 - 10.1K dmg, +23,50% Crit Chance, Accuracy + 46%, Sig skill resources + 11% on headshot kill, Reload speed + 13%

Vector no 2 - 9,5K dmg, +24,50% Crit Chance, Crit Chance +13% when at full health, Accuracy + 46%, Stability + 46%

Probably the top one.

LMGs are amazing if you want to be a tank and constantly have aggro. Their aggro generation is HUGE. Also, suppression for daaaaaays

LMG has huge magazines+range, but lower burst damage output. SMGs are the opposite, short range, small magazine, huge burst damage. ARs are the in-between; more range and lower burst damage than SMG's, but not quite at the level of LMG's.

Thanks!

Also, you can eventually get all upgrades for base right?

I am somehow doing lot more medical missions than others...so wondering.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Join queue for Daily in a safe house

Get matched up, click teleport

loading screen

Spawn at the same safe house, "you've been kicked"

loading screen

Show up at store of the mission

loading screen

Show up at the safe house

This game loves loading shit.

Nori Chan

FWifUdX.png
At least the collectables were somewhat interesting

MikeyMike

Just hit lvl 30.

Haven't really followed the thread but is there a post that describes the optimal way to get decent gear?

I'm finishing the storyline and side-quests at the moment but would really like some tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom