• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondFancy

I fear post update solo players will have a real tough time in the DZ. Anyone not in a team of 3 or 4 just gets shot down by 4-player teams now.

Play on hard, kill everything. Rinse, repeat.

Not exactly a farm.
Starting to hold my own in the DZ solo. Decent gear/perk synergy and airing on the side of caution make it doable, albeit more difficult than before.

At least the collectables were somewhat interesting

Helped deepen the setting and lore but did very little to make the main plot any more substantial. The rewards considering previous Ubisoft games were also incredibly underwhelming. Why it didn't give you pieces of a cool set is beyond me. How hard would it be to do a futuristic black and glowing orange agent set or something where each collectible group gives you a piece. But I guess they have to keep something for season pass users.

Mob

Thanks!

Also, you can eventually get all upgrades for base right?

I am somehow doing lot more medical missions than others...so wondering.

You can upgrade all wings fully, there are a lot of medical missions early on but then just tech & security for a while.

You won't be able to get the 3 wings to 100% just by doing the wing missions though, you will need to run some encounters too.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
FCHK8ig.png

40+ purple LMB chilling on an inaccessible rooftop in DZ06
edit: we've managed to kill ~30 of them so far with explosives

Heysoos

Is there any point to finishing all the side missions left over after you hit 30? Other than to remove clutter from your map.

Audioboxer

Anyone want to farm General with me in about fifteen minutes? I've gotten three HEs there post patch. Quicker than CMs if you're already geared.

Plus the helicopter is great for mat farming.

Ran this a few times and I think you've just gotten really lucky. Only purples for me.

knitoe

Is there any point to finishing all the side missions left over after you hit 30? Other than to remove clutter from your map.

Finishing all the side missions in a zone will display all the collectibles there. Getting all the collectibles for each type will get you a different jacket. Google if you want to see what they look like.

Anung

Un Rama
Anyone free and up for quickly grinding out these rogue agent kills? Got 17 left to get and my character is level 7.

TsuWave

which one of these talent improves/maximizes my chances of getting high end drops?

accomplished - rewards from accolades are tripled

or

perceptive - item find and credit bonuses are increased by 25%

Wow, so I entered the DZ after reaching rank 30. I haven't really gone in since I got the game a while ago. I'm DZ lvl 17 and seems like everyone in there has high gear. It kind of punishes the people just entering with lower experience. I was getting steamrolled by rogue players even when it was just one. But then I see I was killed by a level 59 player. Why even bother?

squidyj

which one of these talent improves/maximizes my chances of getting high end drops?

accomplished - rewards from accolades are tripled

or

perceptive - item find and credit bonuses are increased by 25%

i'm pretty sure accolades are like headshot kill bonus exp that you see after combat ends, so that's just exp stuff. You want perceptive.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I was just gifted this game by user almostheaten over in the NeoGAF Steam group. Kudos to him.

Currently installing it, then I will see to getting some interesting screen shots.

Kadin

What the hell is going on with CM's not starting when the group is at the beginning and ready to go? I was just the leader and I started the mission, made sure it was reset and the right difficulty was chosen. And we're all just standing there shooting at the door. Then they all started to shoot at me (as leader) leaving me thinking I was missing something. The audio was going but it never let us in.

Kane1345

When you craft a high end piece of gear eg. Electronics Knee Pads, it places 2 question marks for stamina and firearms as well. Does this mean there's a chance it can roll 1 or both of those stats additionally when you craft the piece?

TheAznOne

Anyone wanna try to figure out this 8 man lobby glitch later? I kinda got the jist of it from this live stream. Unless someone here knows how to do it with easy success. CM mode will be easy with the glitch.

ChrisW

Anyone else having a tough time solo DZ playing? There are sooooo many mobs. I start a purple area and there is 6 people 3 of which are elites, doing ok, then all of a sudden I'm getting shot in the back by a group of 4, then a group of 5/6 turns up on the right and I just have to run for my life whilst healing constantly. This happened about 4 times and I died so many times from just having too many people around me and nowhere to cover

Klyka

Banned
Wait? How many shotgun blasts can a shield honestly survive? I ran with a shield build while leveling and LOVED it, but I've just assumed it wouldn't work at all in challenge mode.

I personally love the idea of working a sidearm with the shield out, damage be damned!

My friend's shield has like 500+k health.
And as far as I know, your armor actually mitigates damage to your shield.
So yeah, he tanked three shotgunners for like 10 seconds at least? Then just went into cover for a bit and his shield was back to full health thanks to master mod.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Wow, so I entered the DZ after reaching rank 30. I haven't really gone in since I got the game a while ago. I'm DZ lvl 17 and seems like everyone in there has high gear. It kind of punishes the people just entering with lower experience. I was getting steamrolled by rogue players even when it was just one. But then I see I was killed by a level 59 player. Why even bother?

I'm starting to wonder if they should maybe tier off the DZ for level 30, there is obviously a gear score I believe we can't see currently, and that players will need to hit for the incursion coming next mont. Maybe hitting that "150" should be like the levels brackets and split higher end gear players up from the poor sods just wandering around the DZ when they hit 30 getting destroyed by everyone.

Looking forward I don't think it was a good idea to open up the DZ to everyone level 30 regardless of gear, even without 4 player groups you can be vastly outmatched going in and not know why you're getting destroyed. And this is now, in the future as they update and weapons and gear get better people are going to be even more outmatched.

Arrrammis

Anyone else having a tough time solo DZ playing? There are sooooo many mobs. I start a purple area and there is 6 people 3 of which are elites, doing ok, then all of a sudden I'm getting shot in the back by a group of 4, then a group of 5/6 turns up on the right and I just have to run for my life whilst healing constantly. This happened about 4 times and I died so many times from just having too many people around me and nowhere to cover
Yeah, I've pretty much given up on solo dz. I really wish that they had more solo content, currently I'm just running general Assembly on hard for the 3x named bosses or getting collectables in the world, and only going into the DZ when I have a group of 3 or 4.

ODDI

It can get tough at times, if you need assistance let me know. psn btw.

I'm starting to wonder if they should maybe tier off the DZ for level 30, there is obviously a gear score I believe we can't see currently, and that players will need to hit for the incursion coming next mont. Maybe hitting that "150" should be like the levels brackets and split higher end gear players up from the poor sods just wandering around the DZ when they hit 30 getting destroyed by everyone.

Looking forward I don't think it was a good idea to open up the DZ to everyone level 30 regardless of gear, even without 4 player groups you can be vastly outmatched going in and not know why you're getting destroyed. And this is now, in the future as they update and weapons and gear get better people are going to be even more outmatched.

Yeah, I was like how the hell are you supposed to kill these rogue's? Maybe I should just go back to the lower tiers. I think I just walked in the entrance because it was open on the map. Welp, I guess I'll see DZ lvl 30 sooner than later.

Trojan

Just finished my first CM...man that was fun but also took us about 75 minutes. No mics but a few of us recalibrated loadouts mid-mission for some crowd control which helped a lot.

QUESTION: I have 2 pieces of yellow gear right now and just got enough PC to get the Vector blueprint. However, I also just picked up a lvl 31 assault rifle that gets me to 96k damage modded.

Is it worth spending my PC on the Vector, or should I spend it on yellow gear upgrades? My stats are 96k damage, 67k health, 9k skill.

My friend's shield has like 500+k health.
And as far as I know, your armor actually mitigates damage to your shield.
So yeah, he tanked three shotgunners for like 10 seconds at least? Then just went into cover for a bit and his shield was back to full health thanks to master mod.

Sold!

HelloMeow

Yup. There are brackets for different levels up to level 29 and once you reach 30 you're basically screwed and you get thrown in with people with gear that's 3-5 times better.

It'll only get worse for players that reach level 30 later. That BK farming didn't help either. New players didn't get to exploit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom