• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

GravyButt

Yup. There are brackets for different levels up to level 29 and once you reach 30 you're basically screwed and you get thrown in with people with gear that's 3-5 times better.

It'll only get worse for players that reach level 30 later. That BK farming didn't help either. New players didn't get to exploit that.
Wait that confuses me. Im a level 17 right now but only done everything solo so far. No dark zone whatsoever. I didn't plan on entering the dark zone until I finished the single player stuff which I presumed put me at level 30. I thought I would start the dz at level 1 not 30? Im confused. So basically im boned, even at this stage?!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
rip bad image

Wait that confuses me. Im a level 17 right now but only done everything solo so far. No dark zone whatsoever. I didn't plan on entering the dark zone until I finished the single player stuff which I presumed put me at level 30. I thought I would start the dz at level 1 not 30? Im confused. So basically im boned, even at this stage?!

He's talking about PVE level brackets. You will start at DZ rank 01.

Ranks and Levels are different. Ranks are for DZ. Levels are for PVE.

also, he's blowing everything out of proportion when it comes to being screwed for being a low-geared 30. The DZ is most definitely not a KOS area.

GravyButt

rip bad image

He's talking about PVE level brackets. You will start at DZ rank 01.

Ranks and Levels are different. Ranks are for DZ. Levels are for PVE.

also, he's blowing everything out of proportion when it comes to being screwed for being a low-geared 30. The DZ is most definitely not a KOS area.
Ahh ok. I literally know nothing about the dz. guessing I should look into it or gain some knowledge before venturing in.

BraXzy

Tecnniqe's photo\/
8E2Yax4.jpg

I look at these pictures and I cry.

How do you get 209K DPS on 2400 firearms?

This is what I would also like to know. My firearms are higher than that but my DPS caps at like 175K.

Lakitu

st5fu
I finished everything on the PVE side today, tomorrow I guess I'll get rank 30 in the Dark Zone.

The game has a wonderful atmosphere and it has a large amount of content (sometimes to it's detriment). But it's packed with so much detail it boggles my mind. The combat is the best I've experienced for a third-person cover shooter.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. The soundtrack is a doozy too.

Still, I don't find myself too fussed about playing it that much. I'll obviously dabble on the PVP side a fair bit but that's about it. I feel like my character is quite strong and for instance, Destiny's loot factor is what kept me coming back. This isn't the same, as I'm not too fussed about getting another sniper rifle or assault rifle. That isn't the games fault of course but I loved the idea of the really interesting weapon design in Destiny.

Talking of Destiny, it could learn so much from this game and hopefully they do.

I do have a question though, I have about 21 Phoenix Coins and I have no idea where to spend them? I can't find a vendor.

Trojan

Posting again for new page:

QUESTION: I have 2 pieces of yellow gear right now and just got enough PC to get the Vector blueprint. However, I also just picked up a lvl 31 assault rifle that gets me to 96k damage modded.

Is it worth spending my PC on the Vector, or should I spend it on yellow gear upgrades? My stats are 96k damage, 67k health, 9k skill.

k1t4j

If there's something video games have told me is that if I join a military unit with the prefix "NOBLE" I'll ask to get out.

Bad things always happen to units called NOBLE

First HALO now here. :p

Anung

Un Rama
Platinum get! Really easy platinum to get apart from the 20 rogue kills.

Thanks Flying Toaster and Duebrithil for helping out.

hitlerat

Hello...
I finally got level 30 and finished the game... Now I am a little bit lost...
How the best way to get betters weapons and gear (high end) ?
Tried some challenge mission, but it seems impossible... So I am stucked.

I tried crafting 4 HE Vests, all were worse than my purple. It cost me 12 yellow Division Tech. The crafting in this game is wierd haha.

Yeah crafted items should in no way be worse than randomly found purple gear.

That required PC and mats while purples are just RNG easy.

I'm really not liking the end game and how convoluted it is to get decent rolls.

todahawk

Yup. There are brackets for different levels up to level 29 and once you reach 30 you're basically screwed and you get thrown in with people with gear that's 3-5 times better.

It'll only get worse for players that reach level 30 later. That BK farming didn't help either. New players didn't get to exploit that.

Yep, just hit DZ 30 and it's clearly broken. There's 4 guys just running over everyone and I mean everyone. 2 seconds tops and they're downing everyone. Just BRRRRRP and down. I got the drop on them and putting multiple mags into them and barely scratching their health. Just horribly broken.

Hjod

Banned
Yeah crafted items should in no way be worse than randomly found purple gear.

That required PC and mats while purples are just RNG easy.

I'm really not liking the end game and how convoluted it is to get decent rolls.

They should do something about the Division Tech also, I'm sitting on about 40 blue and more green DT and I can't use them to craft anything. I can't even convert them into yellows.

I'm fine with the Phoenix Credit grind, but the DT farming bores the hell out of me.

daxy

Yep, just hit DZ 30 and it's clearly broken. There's 4 guys just running over everyone and I mean everyone. 2 seconds tops and they're downing everyone. Just BRRRRRP and down. I got the drop on them and putting multiple mags into them and barely scratching their health. Just horribly broken.

Maybe once the game is updated for Incursion they can bracket lv. 30s by their armor rating. Seems like a better way of managing that.

Oh you guys posting my old photos :)
My stats are higher now :)

Any tips? Im stuck around 120k DPS/80k health at the moment. I am waiting for the next reset to see if any blueprints etc change before going on a crafting spree though. WIll be sitting on roughly 500 phoenix credits when that time comes.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Any tips? Im stuck around 120k DPS/80k health at the moment. I am waiting for the next reset to see if any blueprints etc change before going on a crafting spree though. WIll be sitting on roughly 500 phoenix credits when that time comes.
Yes but after traving for 10 hours and been awake 24 I can't be bothered to think, hit me up tomorrow and I might be able to give a few pointers

Decided to give this one last shot tonight and I gotta ask, is something wrong with the dailies? I've tried matchmaking for Lincoln Tunnel at least 5 times now and the doors are always shut or the enemies aren't spawning.

Ashtar

So I finally got enough money to get the pakhan not sure I love it yet rolling with that and the vector it's decent but the cademus with the decreased cool downs.

daxy

Decided to give this one last shot tonight and I gotta ask, is something wrong with the dailies? I've tried matchmaking for Lincoln Tunnel at least 5 times now and the doors are always shut or the enemies aren't spawning.

Try matchmaking through the map rather than the local pop-up UI.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's always been very inconsistent for me. I've been saying it for like two weeks. Doesn't matter how you try to start it. This was on PS4. PC does it far far less.

alife

Same.

I have more firearms than that guy yet I only got 130K DPS at the moment. This shit makes no sense to me lol. :(

I need to see specific upgrades, mods, etc so I can make sense of them.

There is a display bug when stats are calculated and as stated before, accuracy inflates your DPS. My stats change when I equip different weapons too:
4mExysy.jpg

ylHHQ5J.jpg

I can get 222K DPS on my AK but I actually do more damage with my currently equipped muzzle brake that I crafted (stability and critical hit damage instead of accuracy and CHD). Same with my Vector, I stacked more CHD (e.g. instead of magazine size and rate of fire on the extended mag, I went with mag size and CHD). I wouldn't worry about the DPS number.

k1t4j

Boy that Grand Central Mission with LMB was no joke on Hard and hitting lv30 halfway through things seemed to have gotten more intense.

So guys tell me, brand new lv30 with DZ50 what are my best options for getting geared up for the dailies and CM?

I made it all the way to 30 with my lv24 purples from the DZ vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom