• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Holy shit at the price of the weapons of the advanced weapons vendor almost 500k for a weapon? Jesus
They're that price because of the fact you're using PvE currency to buy High-End gear, and PvE currency is easily obtainable once you start hitting the Dark Zone and Purples drop like the bass in dubstep - often, and in quantity.

leng jai

They're that price because of the fact you're using PvE currency to buy High-End gear, and PvE currency is easily obtainable once you start hitting the Dark Zone and Purples drop like the bass in dubstep - often, and in quantity.

Yeah, I don't even play much and had enough to buy Pakhan after selling a few pinks.

k1t4j

Where do I buy the DZ50 stuff? I'm hitting the DZ checkpoint vendors but they only have DZ30 stuff

EDIT: Thanks for the input in regards to the PVE currency

LiK

Lvl 30 and base maxed out. I'm ready to play with you guys now. Still need yellow gear tho.

No mic cuz haven't charged it in forever

Tenck

Exactly.

I just reached level 30 and I play solo. What am i supposed to do? Get killed over and over again by groups of players with good gear? That's poor design. And what are those players hoping to achieve? They're just assholes. I might be better off making a new character and hanging around level 29.

Lol poor design. You're always going to get picked on by people with better gear.

Anyways I've done 10 hours of DZ today before I crashed out, and not once did I get ambushed. Multiple times groups of 2 or 3 would show up near me when I was solo'ing stuff, and they just helped me then left me alone. At one point it was 6 of us just running around killing stuff.

Garret

So, I just bought the game on a whim not knowing what to expect, and I feel like I'm trying to get on the train too late. I did only a couple of side missions, what should I expect going in?

Tenck

So, I just bought the game on a whim not knowing what to expect, and I feel like I'm trying to get on the train too late. I did only a couple of side missions, what should I expect going in?

I'd rush to level 30 if I were you. That's where you'll have the most fun if you got friends to play with. Hell, even random groups I've joined have been fun in the Dark Zone.

arhra

Picked up an HE LVOA-C from one of my dailies. Marginally lower sheet dps than my BM AK, but it handles fantastically and rolled a pretty decent set of talents. Think I'll use it for a while just for a change of pace.

eW67WJx.png

Hello...
I finally got level 30 and finished the game... Now I am a little bit lost...
How the best way to get betters weapons and gear (high end) ?
Tried some challenge mission, but it seems impossible... So I am stucked.

The General Assembly mission rains purples thanks to the number of named bosses it has, so that's a good place to start. If you can't clear it on Hard, run it on normal until you have enough gear from there to move up to Hard. Once you can manage that, you're probably also OK for the daily hard missions, so get running those and building up some Phoenix Credits. Level 30 Hard mode bosses actually seem to have a not-completely-negligible chance of dropping HEs now too, so you might get lucky there, otherwise save Phoenix Credits until you can afford blueprints from the vendor.

If you like the DZ, there's also that method. Get a group if possible, roam around killing everything and hoping you get lucky drops while building up your rank and currency, eventually reach the point where you can buy items/blueprints from the vendors in the safe rooms (and then find out what a horrible grind it is to get enough HE Division Tech to actually craft anything worthwhile from them).

Keep an eye on the BoO/non-DZ Safehouse vendors for anything that would be a useful upgrade (the stock resets daily - there's a guy on Reddit who posts all the worthwhile items every day - here's today's thread).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What's a good way to level up in the DZ? I wish there were some kind of bounties or missions in it to help with leveling. I'm only 17 right now. 50 seems so far away :(

The game is now your job. You are going to do hundreds of missions, lots of climbing, repelling, covering, blasting, blindfiring, etc.

expect to worry way too much about what your Agent is wearing

can't look unfashionable...gotta stay on point

Nemic77

Picked up an HE LVOA-C from one of my dailies. Marginally lower sheet dps than my BM AK, but it handles fantastically and rolled a pretty decent set of talents. Think I'll use it for a while just for a change of pace.

eW67WJx.png

Nice! Been dying to find one these....

The superior version I bought when I was level 20 or so was lot of fun to use. Haven't had an AR with such a nice combination of accuracy, RPM and stability.

Why can't I mod my he gear or do I have to craft

When the gear drops, its a roll as to whether or not the gear will have a mod slot or not. That's whether it's a regular drop or crafted. Gloves and Holsters can not roll a mod slot. You can also Reconstruct a stat on your HE for a chance to get a mod slot.

k1t4j

I just blew my DZ creds in an unprecedented shopping spree. I spent maybe 300k and I bought loads of yellow blueprints and mods and ofc some purples.

Need to check what I can and cannot craft when I go back to the base but so far this is what I ended up with as a fresh 30:

You guys reckon is enough to the dailies on hard? I mean I still need to finish the story. If you guys have some soft caps I should hit, please let me know as well :)

Klyka

Banned
I just blew my DZ creds in an unprecedented shopping spree. I spent maybe 300k and I bought loads of yellow blueprints and mods and ofc some purples.

Need to check what I can and cannot craft when I go back to the base but so far this is what I ended up with as a fresh 30:

You guys reckon is enough to the dailies on hard? I mean I still need to finish the story. If you guys have some soft caps I should hit, please let me know as well :)

you'll easily be able to do hard missions and you'll be absolutely able to do challenge mode missions if you focus on CC

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man I got some high-end gloves with great stats but they aren't in my inventory even though I picked them up. :(

CHC

So the hazmat suit outfit is pre-order only right? If I didn't pre-order there is no other way to get it?

edit: nvm I see I can buy it for 1.40 from key sellers.

k1t4j

you'll easily be able to do hard missions and you'll be absolutely able to do challenge mode missions if you focus on CC

Shit, really! That's better than I expected. Very cool then. Thanks a lot. Will finish the story then have a go at it :). Thanks!

Grimalkin

I do have a question though, I have about 21 Phoenix Coins and I have no idea where to spend them? I can't find a vendor.

You can purchase a dude in the electronics section of your base who will sell gear for phoenix coins. There are also vendors in DZ06 who take them.

erawsd

Hard dailies are very very easy.

Yeah, doing the hard mode dailies just isn't fun at all. The more I think about it the more I feel like this game would benefit from more of a scaling difficulty similar to Diablo rather than the MMO-like design is seems to be moving toward where you can easily outgear content.

Grimalkin

My one hot tip is pop into the DZ at the top of each rank bracket and extract 30 items in the zones of your level, trying to unlock all the extraction points and safe houses and checkpoints as you go along. I don't remember what the exact rank brackets are but if you pop into a DZ checkpoint and open your map the bracket you are currently in is listed. Then just come back when you hit the top level.

Then when you get to 30 you aren't a lamb going into the slaughter, you will know what to expect. You will still get wrecked every now and then by some asshole Rogue(s) with top gear but that's the experience as intended.

KJRage

Are there any differences between the gear mod blueprints sold in the BOO and the ones sold in the DZ6 safe house? I know the ones in the DZ require division tech, but are those mods generally better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom