• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is the deal with the previewed stats changes when going through your inventory? If I switch to something that looks good the resulting numbers are way different than the previewed ones.

Animator

Having a firefight with rogues while enemies spawn all over the place in that park extraction during a snowstorm is what division is all about.

k1t4j

OH LORD just got two gold drops from the lincoln tunnel daily!!

An MP5 and a mask, woohoo.

EDIT: Also guys, what would be the best way to use the Phoenix Creds. I have 103. I haven't found anyone that would take these

EDIT2: Scratch that the guy dropped 3 golds one of them was a magazine mod that increases the DPS of my weapons by 22k - WTF!!!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What the hell is the deal with the previewed stats changes when going through your inventory? If I switch to something that looks good the resulting numbers are way different than the previewed ones.

Relog fixes it.

OH LORD just got two gold drops from the lincoln tunnel daily!!

An MP5 and a mask, woohoo.

EDIT: Also guys, what would be the best way to use the Phoenix Creds. I have 103. I haven't found anyone that would take these

EDIT2: Scratch that the guy dropped 3 golds one of them was a magazine mod that increases the DPS of my weapons by 22k - WTF!!!

Hol' up, hol' up..I just want to make sure if I read this right, daily=gold drops..is this real life?

I hate the side mission glitch, which in my case has been matchmaking related. Finished the power plant mission, and suddenly Gramercy and Stuyvesant's side missions and encounters reappeared. They remained after logging out and quitting, so of course they had to be done again sans sector and gear rewards. Lost an hour or so mopping those up again.

bjaelke

chaos!

so what's private items dropped? can you lose equipped items?

You can only lose items picked up inside the Dark Zone (contaminated items). Public items is something everyone in the game can loot from your body whereas private will not be visible for anyone but you. 3 is the maximum number of public items you can drop as a non-rogue.

Duraigo

Just crafted my first HE Vector

22.50 crit chance
7394 base dam
Talents: Skilled, competent, dominant

I run a skill/health build, so is this any good?

So is there a way to get weapon skins outside from the vendor? Put in over 80 hours and think I have almost everything you can get on clothes but never had a skin dropped or given to me by the civilians.

bjaelke

So is there a way to get weapon skins outside from the vendor? Put in over 80 hours and think I have almost everything you can get on clothes but never had a skin dropped or given to me by the civilians.
They started dropping from CM bosses after the last patch.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Game is much better when everyone is mic'd up and collaborating. what a fucking revelation.

26924a.gif

My hesitation to game with strangers has definitely held back my enjoyment of the game. Do have to hand it to Massive for making cooperation and communication nessecary for those Challenging missions. iseewhatyoudidthere.gif

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Just crafted my first HE Vector

22.50 crit chance
7394 base dam
Talents: Skilled, competent, dominant

I run a skill/health build, so is this any good?

Thats a really low base dmg. You sure it wasn't 8394? I don't think it goes that low. Most Vectors i crafted were 8400-9100 dmg.

Can someone explain the Dark Zone to me briefly? I've been playing for a few hours and just hit level 10, so I kind of want to wander over and check it out but AFAIK that's probably a terrible idea.

daxy

Thats a really low base dmg. You sure it wasn't 8394? I don't think it goes that low. Most Vectors i crafted were 8400-9100 dmg.

I've had a couple of shit rolls on crafting HE Black Market AKs and the base damage came out as several hundred below the minimum of the the description, multiple times in a row. It's really obtuse that that can happen.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Can someone explain the Dark Zone to me briefly? I've been playing for a few hours and just hit level 10, so I kind of want to wander over and check it out but AFAIK that's probably a terrible idea.

Dark Zone is an area where you can get possibly really great loot from NPCs, but it's also a free for all between agents. Agents can kill you and steal your shit before you're able to airlifit it out. However, anyone who kills another agent goes rogue (unless the target agent is already a rogue).

Being rogue puts a marker on everyone's map and turns your name red. You become a target for everyone.

Dark Zone is an area where you can get possibly really great loot from NPCs, but it's also a free for all between agents. Agents can kill you and steal your shit before you're able to airlifit it out. However, anyone who kills another agent goes rogue (unless the target agent is already a rogue).

Being rogue puts a marker on everyone's map and turns your name red. You become a target for everyone.

Thanks! I'll probably stick with the side stuff for a few hours longer, then venture in. I'm kind of lost so far; really feels like I'm getting in to this too late even though it's only been a few weeks.

Paertan

How often can you open Dark Zone Key Chests? Was running around yesterday but could only open one.
And do everyone in the instance share the same cooldown? So if I loot a chest. everyone else has to wait.

Daigoro

You can only lose items picked up inside the Dark Zone (contaminated items). Public items is something everyone in the game can loot from your body whereas private will not be visible for anyone but you. 3 is the maximum number of public items you can drop as a non-rogue.

thx for the info

You're definitely welcome to join, whether we're actually trying to extract stuff/boss farm or trying to rain down misery on anyone we see haha

Gt: Wesley S Shark

Think you downed me at the extraction point opposite the rooftop. I recognise the GT as someone who was being manhunted.

I've been in twice at level 10 and it was actually pretty good but it depends on other players.

For PvE the lowest level enemies are level 10 purple bars, and they travel in packs and are more aggressive than the story guys. Going in solo you can take them out but be careful not to get flanked.

With other players the server is pretty quiet and because the enemies are pretty tough, and there are a LOT of them to kill, there is much more incentive to team up and work together.

Both times I got invites from the only 2/3 players in the area and we just rolled around gaining DZ credits, XP and extracting loot.

I think they designed the game for players to dabble in the story and in the DZ, as they level up, hence the dz1 to 6 level splits.

Most people have gone straight to level 30 and then moved into the DZ.

I think that's the quicker way to max level, but doing it now means people will go into the DZ at 30 and be up against teams of 4 with all high end gear. Those teams will also have done a lot of what the game offers so will be much more up for fun and mischief I.e. PvP.

TLDNR IMHO low level dark zone is a much friendlier place to get credits/XP towards end game ranks than level 30 darkzone will be.

But I am a PvE care bear :)

Thanks! I'll probably stick with the side stuff for a few hours longer, then venture in. I'm kind of lost so far; really feels like I'm getting in to this too late even though it's only been a few weeks.

Same here, I'm level 11 and I feel I'm way behind. Looking for other players to play lower level missions is though too.

I play tank and would love som company today, in the dz or for the CM's

Add me on PS4 if you are missing a proper tank in your group!

Psn: rostad194 / +1 cet time

J-Rzez

Two things:

1: The DZ has turned into the wild west. Rogues everywhere. Usually in packs. And in one case saw two groups of rogues working together. There was nothing me and my friend could do, just got steam rolled. I was wondering why there was less people in the DZ than before, but the roving death squads are probably the reason. Even a single group of Rogues will ruin a solo player's night.

They really need to balance risk/reward better for rogues. Went from rarely seeing them to always seeing red skulls in every direction.

2. If they refuse to fix their vendors so they sell different stuff as per the restock timer, decrease the division tech spawn/drop timer, or don't increase their drop rates further on HE weapons (since they can roll trash even if you're lucky to get something you're interested in), then they need to implement a "Xur". It's simple. A black, beat up windowless van with a vendor in it.

TheAznOne

Can someone explain how the 8 man challenge mode exploit is done?

I wanna try this out.

From another forum:

(Patch 1.02: Still working)

Heres how it is done (currently unknown how to do it privately).

Have at least 2 players in a group we will call the "Host Group". Then have the Leader begin matchmaking, immediately bring up the group management screen and wait for the matchmade players to accept your invites and Kick them from the group as soon as possible.

Then wait a couple minutes for the Kicked players to join. They will appear by the Mission Start. Once you see a player in your world but not in your group have EVERYONE (including the "Kicked Group") enter the mission area. Establish communication with the kicked player and have them give your friend control over the Kicked Group.

The Kicked Group leader can then Invite more friends or Randoms and is now permanently in the Host Groups world. The Host Group is in charge of controlling which missions are restarted.

More testing needs to be done on exactly what limits the Kicked Group has such as Fast traveling, starting their own missions and DZ. So please feel free to test these limits and report back to your fellow Sinners.

mid83

Life has kept me out of the loop of gaming over the past year or so. I remember being excited by the initial The Division reveal and now I've noticed it recently came out. I have time so I want to check it out.

Any big differences between the console versions? I need to decide between ps4 and Xbox one.

Thanks everyone. Sorry if this has been discussed before but I figured this was the best place to ask.

deadduck

Any big differences between the console versions? I need to decide between ps4 and Xbox one.

The same apart from a bit more blurry on Xbox because it has dynamic resolution. PS4 is 1080.

The best place to play the game will be where your friends are.

FeD.nL

Life has kept me out of the loop of gaming over the past year or so. I remember being excited by the initial The Division reveal and now I've noticed it recently came out. I have time so I want to check it out.

Thanks everyone. Sorry if this has been discussed before but I figured this was the best place to ask.

Xbox gets the bigger DLC pieces a month earlier. PS4 is locked to 1080p while the Xbox is dynamic.

Those are the big bullet points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom