• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

mid83

The same apart from a bit more blurry on Xbox because it has dynamic resolution. PS4 is 1080.

The best place to play the game will be where your friends are.

Eh I don't really have any online friends to play games with. It's why I got bored with Destiny so quickly.

Anyone having problems with the daily today (Hudson Refugee Camp). I can't play mine at all, the gates just won't open at all. :(

Log out and in again, and then check by going by yourself. Other people may also have the glitch, though, so you may still join games where they don't open. Just keep trying in that case.

Log out and in again, and then check by going by yourself. Other people may also have the glitch, though, so you may still join games where they don't open. Just keep trying in that case.

Thanks, I had tried that but didn't work so have now tried again. Only took a mere 10 log outs to get it to work :D

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone having connection issues on PS4 at the moment? One minute I was in the middle of the Dark Zone with a group, the next I was disconnected and can't reconnect again :-/

Here's a video of tonight's festivities. It got intense in DZ02. Also, explosive rounds are god-tier.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xGranadier/video/15967249#
That was such a blast lol. Survived the manhunt timer then went rogue again only to finally be taken down. Got too greedy!... Let's do it again tonight.

How are you able to tank so much damage?

I encountered a group last night of four and three of us couldn't even take one down. I don't know how people do it.

High stamina and lots of armor. Laraedgar has 110k health and almost 4000 armor. I'm not sure what granadiers stats are but I have 104k health and over 4200 armor. That much armor mitigates over 59% weapon damage before it even reaches my health. That plus popping booster shots and chaining survivor link between us... Tanky as heck.

Think you downed me at the extraction point opposite the rooftop. I recognise the GT as someone who was being manhunted.
That may have been me. :p

Does anyone have any manhunt videos that are solo maybe 2 man that don't use that alley ladder spot?

At level 14, I was able to survive a manhunt in DZ01 by heading towards DZ05-06 and using the subway system there. I'm assuming most people don't have level 4 filters so it wasn't that bad.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I hit the cap, have Cadesus, have fucked around in DZ. Is there anything left tot his end game? Seems pretty empty after 30, no real reason to finish side missions. Daily challenges are fun, but I don't see anything else to keep me coming back unless I'm missing something.

So I hit the cap, have Cadesus, have fucked around in DZ. Is there anything left tot his end game? Seems pretty empty after 30, no real reason to finish side missions. Daily challenges are fun, but I don't see anything else to keep me coming back unless I'm missing something.

There isn't anything new until the incursions hit in April. I just do the dailies with friends then stop.

deadduck

The endgame is pretty lacking at the moment. Really needs the incursions, the top end DZ to be more challenging, DZ events and more challenge missions.

I'm min/maxing gear and messing around in the DZ. Had a sweet 1vs3 yesterday on a group that thought they could take me out, felt great.

Namikaze1

I hate folks who go AFK during encounters and only move once said encounter are done. Kicked a player from my group during the Hudson Refugee Camp mission cause they would wait for me and this other player to finish the encounters before moving. It was an easy mission but I'm not about to carry lazy ass folks like that guy through the whole mission.

Special C

I hate folks who go AFK during encounters and only move once said encounter are done. Kicked a player from my group during the Hudson Refugee Camp mission cause they would wait for me and this other player to finish the encounters before moving. It was an easy mission but I'm not about to carry lazy ass folks like that guy through the whole mission.

You should have waited until the very end to kick him.

noomi

Same for when matchmaking for missions, this is why I always choose to be group leader so when people are AFK or just completely suck, I give them the boot.

No time for that buuuulsheeeeit

knitoe

Same for when matchmaking for missions, this is why I always choose to be group leader so when people are AFK or just completely suck, I give them the boot.

No time for that buuuulsheeeeit

I wish I can be the group leader. It seems every time I am the mission doesn't start and I have no clue on how to reset it.

noomi

I wish I can be the group leader. It seems every time I am the mission doesn't start and I have no clue on how to reset it.

All you need to do is go to the actual mission waypoint and matchmake, if it asks you to teleport to someone else don't do it (you are teleporting to someone elses mission). Just wait a bit and people will join your mission, making you the group leader.

ALL THE POWAH IS THEN YOURS!

Is DZ worth exploring before max level?

Sure, you can get some decent loot and have quite a bit of fun. Also the lower level DZ is pretty empty and mostly safe to roam around in. That being said, any loot you get will be swiftly replaced when you hit 30 anyway.... so while is might be a bit counterproductive, it's still fun :)

nbraun80

Is DZ worth exploring before max level?

I didn't do it, but others have said it's a decent place to level and farm, and people are usually more willing to team up and fight the npcs at lower levels, so i can't be that bad. At worst someone kills you and you lose a couple items you picked up in the dz.

Got my first HE upgrade last night... YAY! ^-^

83 mudafucking PC ._.

Now I need to get some more PC :3

Feel free to add me for some PC hunt: insane_mauricio (PS4)

Lvl 30/30

noomi

Hit rank 33 in the DZ last night, we had a team of 4 and decided to go rogue by ending a team that was about to extract (I took the poor guys performance mod!). We found a good spot where there is a nice building that only has one entrance (similar to the ladder) and we holed up in there for a while.

After a bit there were these two guys that kept trying to kill the 4 of us for probably about an hour and kept failing. Kudos to those guys for trying as hard as they did though :p

Eventually we left the building (while the two guys were chasing us haha) and came across another group of 4 players and they got us downed finally. Still crazy fun though, last night was probably the best DZ experience I've had yet.

Props to Phaethon and his hilarity and laughter, JustGotWicked for trying on some skinny jeans and a cardigan, and Figadapaura for constantly making me question if she will go rogue on us, haha!

Hit rank 33 in the DZ last night, we had a team of 4 and decided to go rogue by ending a team that was about to extract (I took the poor guys performance mod!). We found a good spot where there is a nice building that only has one entrance (similar to the ladder) and we holed up in there for a while.

After a bit there were these two guys that kept trying to kill the 4 of us for probably about an hour and kept failing. Kudos to those guys for trying as hard as they did though :p

Eventually we left the building (while the two guys were chasing us haha) and came across another group of 4 players and they got us downed finally. Still crazy fun though, last night was probably the best DZ experience I've had yet.

Props to Phaethon and his hilarity and laughter, JustGotWicked for trying on some skinny jeans and a cardigan, and Figadapaura for constantly making me question if she will go rogue on us, haha!

Are you on ps4 at all? Sounds really fun and I would love to get some games in with a group of gaffers!

deadduck

I feel like it's silly for me to buy a Vector BP when it's about to get nerfed.

If the vector is a problem, so is the MP5. Both can roll the same stuff, only difference vector requires dtec.

If they are addressing the vector, they have to address all SMGs and their inherent crit %.

Get all blueprints.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's a loot game. So, unless you are into maximizing gear through grinding, time for you to move onto another game.
Lol, right.

So the only point in playing this is to grind away for random gear? Give me a break.

The challenges are great, and the gameplay lends itself to a lot more dynamic events. I know the release is early, but the end game thus far is pretty disappointing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ahh a red bull in the sun watching all the division salt.

Paid vacation is the best ;)

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful day DGAF!

noomi

I feel like it's silly for me to buy a Vector BP when it's about to get nerfed.

Did the devs say it will actually be nerfed though :(

Maaaaaaaan

Are you on ps4 at all? Sounds really fun and I would love to get some games in with a group of gaffers!

Yup, we all play on the PS4. Feel free to send me a friend request, name is noomi85 :)

I only wish we could do teams bigger than 4.

That sounds awesome noomi :D

I haven't had any experience with gaffers yet :'(

I just wish I would have recorded it or streamed on twitch lol.

It's always been about playing with others for me, the fun factor jumps up 100% when I'm playing with some friends.

Audioboxer

Tried to get the Pakhan up and running in PVE, but even with the buffs the Vector just does much better against enemies. Wish I had more weapons parts to roll a better Vector than I have. Easiest way to farm these? It looks to be getting a mule character up to level 6 and then buying blue weapons... PITA to do all this though :/

Where is my BK...

Airan

Is it just me or does anyone else not get their character turning around to face the player when customizing their clothes? I just see him looking at the interface, makes it impossible to view t-shirts while having jackets on.

Matt Frost

So much fun on the DZ right now... it has become a PvP zone and is the best thing. Just kill everyone that crosses your path and then go the "the place", start a manhunt, defend (with a team of 4, 6 or 8 even) and best of all... survive (there should be an achievement for this)... is so much fun! Slaughtering season is open on the DZ!

And when no one comes, you can shoot and take down a friend (without killing him and for his team waiting besides to revive him, all in a group of friends) and you can rank up easily. Tons of options, tons of fun on this new Dark Zone :D

Eirulan

I have a question regarding Challenge Mode:
Do number and strength of enemies encountered scale to the number of agents in your team (like in hard mode), or are they always the same?
I'm asking this because I'm wondering if it would be worth a try to do them in a 2-man-team...

Hjod

Banned
So much fun on the DZ right now... it has become a PvP zone and is the best thing. Just kill everyone that crosses your path and then go the "the place", start a manhunt, defend (with a team of 4, 6 or 8 even) and best of all... survive (there should be an achievement for this)... is so much fun! Slaughtering season is open on the DZ!

There are a few more players going rouge but it's not like it's the wild west, it haven't turned into a pvp zone yet really haha. I'll keep going into the DZ solo, come at me haha ;).

Matt Frost

There are a few more players going rouge but it's not like it's the wild west, it haven't turned into a pvp zone yet really haha. I'll keep going into the DZ solo, I recommend Touges to bring it haha ;).

Me and my team kind of make it the wild west and is awesome, try it with a team. Really gives an adrenaline rush and feels so rewarding when surviving a manhunt xD

How much things have changed with these new rules. And is not even for their loot, we dont care about that, is just for fun xD

Hjod

Banned
Me and my team kind of make it the wild west and is awesome, try it with a team. Really gives an adrenaline rush and feels so rewarding when survuving a manhunt xD

I've done DZ with a team, it's fun as hell. But I prefer running solo, I love the feeling of being alone and the survival aspect of the game gets to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom