• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickD

Entered Dark Zone.
Mark nearby extraction.
Kill 6 players.
Go on Manhunt.
Survive manhunt, not a single player came to hunt us down.

:(

Let me guess, youve got massive amounts of dps and armour?

So what would be the point? It's totally counter productive to hunt players down because they are generally bored and over powered hence the rogue status. Or just that way inclined and over powered. I just hear to the extraction zone furthest away from the red skulls. The dz areas need to cap dps/armour etc depending on which one you are in, like it did with levels. Otherwise it's just unfair and unbalanced. Or have load out values so you can't equip all you best gear, or be like destiny and only allow one yellow weapon and one yellow armour.

This game really needed more time to sort this shit out.

Same with all the fucking currencies. What's the point in dark zone credits? If I have to grind out to level 30 dz to spend them? By which point I've probably picked up something better anyway, or have 3 million of them. Then Phoenix credits, normal credits and all the fucking crafting materials. Jesus Christ. The game is all over the place with this crap. And it fecking changes it at level 30to include more crap. It needs to get rid of some of it, also surely I should be able to spend some dz credits before dz level 30 so as to actually help me get to level 30?

It's like they've tried to include every back of the box feature but have no fucking clue how to actually put them in the game properly.

lt519

Do rogue kills count as a team or is it just individual?

Just had the worst luck rogue hunting, was responsible for downing three rogues over the course of 30 minutes and but someone always came in a little late and got the killing blow.

Well this happened to me

Fun starts at 00:25

Bout 20 minutes went down the drain for me.

Has happened more than a few times to me, really really annoying.

theWB27

Been doing this finch glitch with 3 other guys for a good hour now. This is as bad as BK. Also only got 2 HE. A measly mod and some gloves. Still at it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'll save up for it. What talents and mods you got on the MP5? I made I think 4 but none were that good so I gotta farm more DTech for another.

My MP5 is actually used for my tanky gear set. It has 6% health on kill and increased damage on lower health. I decided to stick with the Vector as my glass cannon gun since it has increased headshot damage and armor shredding.

Just for the sake of having the SMG's though, I feel the MP5 is worth it. Plus if you get a good roll the rate of fire combined with it's mag size can do work. The Tactical AUG is a good pickup too.

Firthy

Does anyone know if there is a way to check which missions you are still to complete on hard? I'm pretty sure I'm only missing one or two but I can't for the life of me remember which ones.

Personally like to thank wheelhouse and the rest in his group for the free Midas. Agents of the day!

Yeah definitely thank wheel. I found it and was looking to give away within the clan but think everyone has it already. Wheel made the nomination and I simply made the sacrifice to the rng gods.

Also...Happy Birthday Gongstation!!! The finest Scotsman I've ever known.

Mentok

Banned
Does anyone know if there is a way to check which missions you are still to complete on hard? I'm pretty sure I'm only missing one or two but I can't for the life of me remember which ones.

I would like to know this also.

I'll be on later this evening for the dailies and to hunt rogues if anyone's interested (probably be on around 10:30-11 est) for PS4.

Tosyn_88

Those challenging missions are ridiculous. I have had three go at the Russian consulate mission on challenging mode and we always ended up getting stuck at the inner library, it's just so hard.

Has anyone else tried those missions yet?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some of these people who play Lexington are so bad. Not suprised you see many going on huge killing sprees in the DZ.

Running the DZ last night with my group, and in the 4-5 hours we played I had more yellow drops than I did during the entire week. What did I do? I got rid of scavenging. Previously I had ~125%. Before we entered the DZ yesterday I crafted some new knee pads that don't have scavenging on them, and now I only have 15%. In the span of a few hours I had 4 HE drops in the DZ. People here were saying that scavenging has no affect on HE drops, and while that might be true, if anything scavenging decreases your chances of a HE drop. Someone in my group has had little to no scavenging and has gotten quite a few HE to drop, more than anyone else in my group who had 100%+ scavenging.

So it seems to me that scavenging actually hurts your chances of getting HE drops. Could just be a small sample size, but when multiple people are reporting the same thing....

This is exactly what I said earlier, scavenging is broken and makes you get more purple but reduces your chance at HE drops, both from DZ and named bossed in CM. Friends with less than 50% scavenging getting all those HE drops while I was at 180% getting jack shit.

TitusTroy

when someone invites me into their group on PC how do I accept the invite?...it says to press Tab but when I do that it takes me to the Map with no clear way of accepting

Mentok

Banned
Ugh....15 rolls on a Vector (ran out of mats) and the best one does around 83k dmg with 25% Deadly, 13% Ferocious and self-preserved.

Was hoping for Brutal and Deadly......

My MP5 is actually used for my tanky gear set. It has 6% health on kill and increased damage on lower health. I decided to stick with the Vector as my glass cannon gun since it has increased headshot damage and armor shredding.

Just for the sake of having the SMG's though, I feel the MP5 is worth it. Plus if you get a good roll the rate of fire combined with it's mag size can do work. The Tactical AUG is a good pickup too.

I have mine with brutal, self preserved and the talent that boosts damage by 13% when closer than 10m to target.

If I'd say must have perks for MP5, then Brutal and Self-preserved are both top-tier. Third talent could be anything from crit chance, crit damage or depending on your build, something that boosts skills/cooldown.

It's the 'murder everything in sight' build :p

Let me guess, youve got massive amounts of dps and armour?

So what would be the point? It's totally counter productive to hunt players down because they are generally bored and over powered hence the rogue status. Or just that way inclined and over powered. I just hear to the extraction zone furthest away from the red skulls. The dz areas need to cap dps/armour etc depending on which one you are in, like it did with levels. Otherwise it's just unfair and unbalanced. Or have load out values so you can't equip all you best gear, or be like destiny and only allow one yellow weapon and one yellow armour.

This game really needed more time to sort this shit out.

Same with all the fucking currencies. What's the point in dark zone credits? If I have to grind out to level 30 dz to spend them? By which point I've probably picked up something better anyway, or have 3 million of them. Then Phoenix credits, normal credits and all the fucking crafting materials. Jesus Christ. The game is all over the place with this crap. And it fecking changes it at level 30to include more crap. It needs to get rid of some of it, also surely I should be able to spend some dz credits before dz level 30 so as to actually help me get to level 30?

It's like they've tried to include every back of the box feature but have no fucking clue how to actually put them in the game properly.

Balancing is needed in a lot of aspects, and for the longevity of the game I hope Massive fix things sooner than later.

..and yes, there has been nothing for me to doin the game in the past 10 days, so only option left is to run around the DZ murdering everyone.

Ugh....15 rolls on a Vector (ran out of mats) and the best one does around 83k dmg with 25% Deadly, 13% Ferocious and self-preserved.

Was hoping for Brutal and Deadly......

Self-preserved is a god-tier perk for any SMG.

Anything good in the daily vendor updates?

Also, is the 20 rogue kills trophy counted across multiple characters? I assume it is,but would like to know

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Level 30 paint is Torn Tape - Red (2014 credits)

oOqulia.png

Damn did both hard dailies and the CM daily in less than 50 minutes. This game is truly on the farm and begging for new content.

HEv37MD.jpg

Finally broke 170k DPS thanks to a great Sability mod drop from a hard daily. Glad a hard daily will give me this but crafting a dozen of the same mod type didn't. Massive pls

Hit DZ Rank 36 earlier and will be spending the rest of the night grinding there.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Has anyone who played DZ a lot wish for a passive mode toggle like in GTA Online where if you just wanna kill AI in the DZ you can turn it on and can't be damaged by other players? Did Massive mention this may or may not be included at some point in the future?

Has anyone who played DZ a lot wish for a passive mode toggle like in GTA Online where if you just wanna kill AI in the DZ you can turn it on and can't be damaged by other players? Did Massive mention this may or may not be included at some point in the future?

That wouldn't be a bad feature. People need to stop acting like the DZ is some revolution.

GTA Online did the same lawless PvP type of game years ago and much better too.

erawsd

I doubt that ever happens since it goes against the spirit of the DZ.

LiK

Damn did both hard dailies and the CM daily in less than 50 minutes. This game is truly on the farm and begging for new content.

HEv37MD.jpg

Finally broke 170k DPS thanks to a great Sability mod drop from a hard daily. Glad a hard daily will give me this but crafting a dozen of the same mod type didn't. Massive pls

Hit DZ Rank 36 earlier and will be spending the rest of the night grinding there.

you wanna coop in DZ? i just wanna grind mobs and do some extractions. lemme know

Chabbles

Anyone doing a full electronics build? Was wondering whats the max skill power before skills get capped out? I have 35k right now..

What is a full electronics build ?, and what are some alternate builds (if there are any) ?. 20 hours into the game and i have no idea what you're on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom