• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Glad that new content is coming and that Massive is being so quick to tune their game based upon community feelings about it. Farming DTech is the worst. So much so that I'm just not doing it. Let DTech drop from missions. Or just put a cool down timer on how frequently you can craft DZ BP. Anything but making me run around in circles collecting junk.

Now that I am dz50 the only thing left to do is collect all the open world junk for the platinum.

deadduck

they should have a pacifist toggle. Basically if you have no intention of attacking someone you can turn it on, it would show your name tag in blue.

I can see why they wouldnt adopt this because tags would give away the players are weak (or have something to lose) and become a target for some people.

If someone runs in front of your gun, you still pulled the trigger. Just be more aware this is something players do, accident or not. If you go rogue, just commit, it's not as if you lose anything you can't get back in 5 mins.

You also might teach rogue baiters a lesson. "Bait me again and I'll drop both of you".

If you have something to lose, don't pull the trigger.

----

Personally speaking the worst part of the DZ is when players have 5-8 in a manhunt group, using others as shields. Anyone leaving a group and joining another should mean that group gets transferred.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Glad that new content is coming and that Massive is being so quick to tune their game based upon community feelings about it. Farming DTech is the worst. So much so that I'm just not doing it. Let DTech drop from missions. Or just put a cool down timer on how frequently you can craft DZ BP. Anything but making me run around in circles collecting junk.

Now that I am dz50 the only thing left to do is collect all the open world junk for the platinum.
Hell, let you convert green and blue division tech like every other crafting material in the game. So you don't feel like shit if you spend an hour running around the dark zone and get 15 green techs.

That's not the point of the dz though. The idea is that anyone could turn out to be a rogue agent at any time. A pacifist toggle defeats the purpose of the dark zone even existing.

well it could not be shown, but it would be a way for people who are not looking for a fight to not accidental shot someone. The damage delay would only be because they would be at a major disadvantage if they could not do damage until they had been hit.

Another way around this would be a universal 2 second buff when you get attacked. Just long enough for you to realize your being attacked. Right now its like, oh I am being attacked! dead before figuring out where it was coming from...

Also it actually does make sense in the game. The Agents are supposed to be working together, but some went Rogue. Roleplaying it a bit, but lets say I am a good agent. I want to work with other groups to clear the streets and all. Being able to turn off "neutral" fire would makes sense if I had no intention of getting into a fight.

11ljpf.jpg

noomi

By the way, are servers still down?

Any patch notes or changes today?

Massive I need a golf club that will OHK a lvl 32 named yellow bar please!

Just give me one of those shotguns those assholes in challenge mode have and let's call it a day.

wowlace

I received a gold hand gun when I finished the last mission and hit 30 at the same time. Did everyone receive a goldy at that time?

Namikaze1

Can I just say fuck the people who go rogue and a) glitch themselves out of the map (forcibly falling through the world to respawn at a location farther away from you) or b) place themselves in an area inaccessible through normal means (going out of bounds into areas where the game doesn't forcibly respawn you and where non-rogues can't reach).

I don't mind being gunned down by folks coming up behind me or taking me by surprise at an EZ but the fuckers who do the things above can fuck off. Came across another fucking group the other day doing the same shit the group Deku and I came across and posted about in a different part of the DZ. Unlike that other group, these fuckers would leave the out of bounds zone, hunt my group, and retreat to their spot to lose their status. You would see their names popping up on the lower side of the screen indicating they killed someone. Before I left, there were about 10 of us all gathered around the area we couldn't reach. Could see the fuckers doing jumping jacks in there. We couldn't throw fucking grenades or sticky bombs at them due to the fucking chain wall. OH BUT THEY COULD! Every time we downed one, they would fall back and just get healed by another.

This is the 7th time I came across such groups. Are there some fucking YouTube videos out there that they are watching showing how to do this shit or something?

This is the only thing pissing me off about the DZ. DT farming is getting there but not yet.

Close to just calling it quits on the DZ till shit like this gets fixed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Also it actually does make sense in the game. The Agents are supposed to be working together, but some went Rogue. Roleplaying it a bit, but lets say I am a good agent. I want to work with other groups to clear the streets and all. Being able to turn off "neutral" fire would makes sense if I had no intention of getting into a fight.

If they wanted to actually use the thin, almost pointless lore in the game to justify this, then you can choose to be a First Wave agent, which means you are evil and want to spread the virus for "reasons", or a Second Wave agent who is just trying to save the city by finding better gear or something. Then just raise all the contaminated parts of the dark zone to level 5, guarantee HE drops in those areas, and make it so that the only way to go into those areas is to be a First Wave agent since you would have first hand knowledge of the virus. It would incentivize rogue play as you would know that every First Wave player who is extracting has a HE item on them, and people who just want to farm shit can be left alone to do their division tech grind in peace.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Should be able to craft high end div tech from high end parts. About 20 for one dt perhaps?

With how much RNG there is in this game DT should not be some precious rare commodity. Maybe a 2 to 1 conversion would be fair but farming materials is about the most boring thing ever. Unless they remove some of the RNG they need to up drop rates of everything including DT by at least 300%.

On a side note shame on these developers for catering to the top 5% with new content. So basically the average person will only have 1 choice but the DZ to get new stuff. They should be adding another mode between hard and CM for the average player and pick up groups. Incursions should have multiple difficulty levels so every one can play them higher difficulty giving more rewards. I am kind of pissed I paid the same 100 dollars as the top 5% but only getting a fraction of the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
With how much RNG there is in this game DT should not be some precious rare commodity. Maybe a 2 to 1 conversion would be fair but farming materials is about the most boring thing ever. Unless they remove some of the RNG they need to up drop rates of everything including DT by at least 300%.

On a side note shame on these developers for catering to the top 5% with new content. So basically the average person will only have 1 choice but the DZ to get new stuff. They should be adding another mode between hard and CM for the average player and pick up groups. Incursions should have multiple difficulty levels so every one can play them higher difficulty giving more rewards. I am kind of pissed I paid the same 100 dollars as the top 5% but only getting a fraction of the game.

It's bad because they are alienating people who just want to PvE. I don't understand why someone can't just steal everything good from Diablo 3, which makes PvE grinding fun and engaging - even with randoms. It's literally a manual showing you how to make good and relevant end game PvE content.

I replaced my gold pistol last night with a sweet lvl 31 purple pistol, it allowed more mods as well so the damage shot up from 40ish k to over 60k

well it could not be shown, but it would be a way for people who are not looking for a fight to not accidental shot someone. The damage delay would only be because they would be at a major disadvantage if they could not do damage until they had been hit.

Another way around this would be a universal 2 second buff when you get attacked. Just long enough for you to realize your being attacked. Right now its like, oh I am being attacked! dead before figuring out where it was coming from...

Again, that's not the point of the dark zone.

Would love to replace it with a HE sawed off, but RNG and all that y'know :p
There's a gold sawed off blueprint in dz06 👌

noomi

Had one dropped from a boss during a hard daily a week and a half ago. :3

Nami always stealin' all them good loots :p

My friend wanted a HE sawed off and 5 minutes after he said so, one dropped in the DZ.
He then tried it out and said "these are shit" and went back to pistols :D

Aww man, really? I thought they'd be great for a quick 1-2 headshot and enemy drop.

There's a gold sawed off blueprint in dz06 ��

All the more reason for me to get to rank 50! I need that and the chest piece! Sitting at rank 43 now but I really doubt I'll be able to get to 50 now.

Deku Tree

Can I just say fuck the people who go rogue and a) glitch themselves out of the map (forcibly falling through the world to respawn at a location farther away from you) or b) place themselves in an area inaccessible through normal means (going out of bounds into areas where the game doesn't forcibly respawn you and where non-rogues can't reach).

I don't mind being gunned down by folks coming up behind me or taking me by surprise at an EZ but the fuckers who do the things above can fuck off. Came across another fucking group the other day doing the same shit the group Deku and I came across and posted about in a different part of the DZ. Unlike that other group, these fuckers would leave the out of bounds zone, hunt my group, and retreat to their spot to lose their status. You would see their names popping up on the lower side of the screen indicating they killed someone. Before I left, there were about 10 of us all gathered around the area we couldn't reach. Could see the fuckers doing jumping jacks in there. We couldn't throw fucking grenades or sticky bombs at them due to the fucking chain wall. OH BUT THEY COULD! Every time we downed one, they would fall back and just get healed by another.

This is the 7th time I came across such groups. Are there some fucking YouTube videos out there that they are watching showing how to do this shit or something?

This is the only thing pissing me off about the DZ. DT farming is getting there but not yet.

Close to just calling it quits on the DZ till shit like this gets fixed.

Agree the number of griefing glitchers is getting out of hand. Hopefully things improve with the April updates.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Again, that's not the point of the dark zone.
What is the point of the dark zone? I really don't know. As a PvE player, it feels like a giant roadblock to progress because the developers didn't want people to get the best armor in the game easily.

Heck, if a vendor sold high end division tech for 50 phoenix credits, I would rather just grind Lexington for credits and never go into the dark zone.

Shane

So, the bullet symbol on your armour or whatever, does that stand for bullet resistance/armour?

Those three symbols boost your overall stats (Firepower, Stamina, Skill).

The meaning isn't based upon the item itself i.e. it doesn't stand for bullet resistence, that is the armour value.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Would love to replace it with a HE sawed off, but RNG and all that y'know :p

My friend wanted a HE sawed off and 5 minutes after he said so, one dropped in the DZ.
He then tried it out and said "these are shit" and went back to pistols :D

Yea shotguns are fine throughout story and some enemies in hard mode but in CM and DZ they are complete shit. If only they were OP like the guys in the Russian Consulate. :p

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I hope they make the DZ even more ruthless and lawless, it's the most interesting part of the game. Its part of the game's design, why even get the game if you knew DZ was so tightly integrated into the game?

I get ganked all the time by rogues, but you know what? It's fun as hell trying to get them back!

Yesterday some guy dropped two HE items while trying to extract, so I picked them up. Mofo respawned and chased me around the whole map, he went rogue and got his shit back...respect.

If anything there should be things to do in the Dark zone. There should be a bounty reward wall, dark zones most wanted for consistent rogues, Rogue specific clothing/gear/talents, and stuff like that. i guess they could make the rewards better for those too scared to venture inside the dark zone and want to spend hours shooting dumb NPC's :)

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Well the server issues have resulted in me taking my little four legged friend on a delightful stroll through the woods. He's having quite a time frolicking amongst the leaves, kicking them all over my boots.

This fucking sucks, guys.

noomi

Sometimes I feel like the darkzone is a bit too large.

"oh look a rogue showed up on my radar... but where is he?

*run through all 6 dark zones only to find the rogue timer wore off*

:|

Sometimes I feel like the darkzone is a bit too large.

"oh look a rogue showed up on my radar... but where is he?

*run through all 6 dark zones only to find the rogue timer wore off*

:|
Tip: Leave the dz and fast travel to a closer checkpoint. We've fast traveled from dz6 to dz1 to jump in to spoil a manhunt before. Quite effective.

And it looks like the dz is going to get bigger, possibly. There's a map in the general assembly mission that shows a northern region of dark zone that expands horizontally. Adds like 5 or 6 more zones.

Quonny

I'm only level 23 but I wanted to try a new build. Went pure skill power and bought the best pistol I could.

I'm fucking invincible with the blast shield. Holy crap I just melt things and don't die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom