• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I was just talking with my bro last night about how, as a PvE dude, I love the emergent gameplay of the DZ. You've got crazy, unpredictable NPCs coming from everywhere AND the tension of potentially rogue agents all over. To me it's what I always wanted in Destiny as someone who didn't have the time to dedicate to raiding.

I'm only level 23 but I wanted to try a new build. Went pure skill power and bought the best pistol I could.

I'm fucking invincible with the blast shield. Holy crap I just melt things and don't die.
I'm leveling a second character right now that will be a high skill build. Figured it would be easier to roll a separate character instead of trying to change things on my main and carry different armor and mods.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
that's why they also need to work on more end game content outside of DZ

Sounds like they're covering all angles
I don't even know what they could do to make PvE more viable outside of rotating out the blueprints as soon as possible. I suppose the easiest fix would be ways to earn division tech without ever setting foot within the dark zone.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Noob question, but are Performance mods any good? I mostly use Superior Advanced Electronics/Stamina/Firearms mods due to the much needed stat boost. Performance mods mostly give weird buffs that are kinda useless, right? Or am I missing something?

noomi

Tip: Leave the dz and fast travel to a closer checkpoint.

Hmmm, nice. Will try that.

When a rogue pops up on the radar, if I quickly switch to the main map I am never able to locate that icon quickly enough though... So for the most part its a guessing game.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Sometimes I feel like the darkzone is a bit too large.

"oh look a rogue showed up on my radar... but where is he?

*run through all 6 dark zones only to find the rogue timer wore off*

:|

We saw a guy last night on our radar about 3 zones away so we took about a good 5 minutes to him. Got there and the rogue emblem was flashing on the map but nothing there.

After looking around I saw his body on the floor but I don't think he'd been killed so he must have disconnected or glitched.

Luckily on the way back a single guy with man hunt popped up so we chased him down and got him. He purposly did it and he dropped like 8 greens lol.

noomi

We saw a guy last night on our radar about 3 zones away so we took about a good 5 minutes to him. Got there and the rogue emblem was flashing on the map but nothing there.

After looking around I saw his body on the floor but I don't think he'd been killed so he must have disconnected or glitched.

Luckily on the way back a single guy with man hunt popped up so we chased him down and got him. He purposly did it and he dropped like 8 greens lol.

This happens to my group ALL THE TIME!

It seems after you kill a rogue, if they chose not to respawn and their body just stays on the floor the icon will remain there until they respawn.

Mikeside

I don't even know what they could do to make PvE more viable outside of rotating out the blueprints as soon as possible. I suppose the easiest fix would be ways to earn division tech without ever setting foot within the dark zone.

more challenge level missions, incursions/raids and the daily/weekly accomplishments could leave you with plenty to do without touching DZ, but yes, they have to balance out the gear and currency drops so it's just as worthwhile as DZ, especially if they're making DZ even more ruthless (which I also think is a great thing)

Lmao. Troll level: Acceptable

This happens to my group ALL THE TIME!

It seems after you kill a rogue, if they chose not to respawn and their body just stays on the floor the icon will remain there until they respawn.

It's also bugged. I've seen rogue timers remain even after the person respawned. Quite annoying.

erawsd

I imagine that is a void that will be filled by "the raid". In fact, with gear set items dropping in there, Im curious to know how DZ itemization will evolve to match it.

Shane

Noob question, but are Performance mods any good? I mostly use Superior Advanced Electronics/Stamina/Firearms mods due to the much needed stat boost. Performance mods mostly give weird buffs that are kinda useless, right? Or am I missing something?

Never used them. Had two high-end drops yesterday. Both were performance mods. They just don't do enough when balanced against what a stat boost mod would.

State of the Game stream sure was boring. No patch or fixes this week, no update on Operations (with April next week I'm guessing we won't see them until the end of April) and not much else.

They did state they will be changing Division Tech, didn't explain how but that is good news since they Tweeted they had no plans to do so earlier last week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I imagine that is a void that will be filled by "the raid". In fact, with gear set items dropping in there, Im curious to know how DZ itemization will evolve to match it.
Well, if the only way to get geared up for the incursion is through dark zone, you're kind of screwed anyway. Right now people are using exploits in order to farm bosses in the PvE levels over and over again because it's just easier than dealing with dark zone. If nothing else, it's an easy source of parts without having to deal with the pain of needing to extract useless purples from the DZ.

more challenge level missions, incursions/raids and the daily/weekly accomplishments could leave you with plenty to do without touching DZ, but yes, they have to balance out the gear and currency drops so it's just as worthwhile as DZ, especially if they're making DZ even more ruthless (which I also think is a great thing)
I suppose it's wait and see, but I find it strange that none of this was put into the game in the first place. I guess they just assume that all the "hardcore" players just want PvP... which I find odd when a game like Diablo 3 exists.

Just make believe the players are npc's with amazing AI, problem solved :)
So it's the AIs opening all the division tech boxes leaving them empty... lol

ODDI

No patch this week! Oh come on now there's a game breaking bug where they say "it's our top priority to fix it" and we still have to wait?! WTF ubi.

No patch this week! Oh come on now there's a game breaking bug where they say "it's our top priority to fix it" and we still have to wait?! WTF ubi.
They can't fix what they haven't nailed down as a fix.... They only just figured it out.

They said it was hard to replicate as it doesn't affect everyone that creates a backpack.

RS4-

Yesterday decided to hunt rogues, the map glitch is annoying to deal with.

Got lucky when I bumped into two groups fighting it out. I kill one, but i shoot one of the good guys by accident. Some fucking random shit head decides to kill me instead.

Got lucky when I bumped into two groups fighting it out. I kill one, but i shoot one of the good guys by accident. Some fucking random shit head decides to kill me instead.
Well, you went rogue....

erawsd

Well, if the only way to get geared up for the incursion is through dark zone, you're kind of screwed anyway. Right now people are using exploits in order to farm bosses in the PvE levels over and over again because it's just easier than dealing with dark zone. If nothing else, it's an easy source of parts without having to deal with the pain of needing to extract useless purples from the DZ.

Who knows, but I would be surprised if they tune these things under the expectation that everyone doing them has bis gear. If they are then they'll have to nerf them a day later because in a game with layer after layer of RNG that's a really unfair assumption. People would be using exploits regardless, especially in this game where there are no consequences and the dev takes weeks to patch them.

noomi

It's been suggested before, but I really hope to have an event once a week/month where one of the dark zone areas becomes a open pvp area for Saturday - Sunday.

Would be a lot of fun.

Although that happens to me a lot and sometimes people realize it was a mistake, but when there are 4 or 5 red players shooting you, you dont have time to see who was a mistake.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I've heard this line before in another game.

I hope the enemies get laser turrets that scissor us into oblivion. And napalm bombs that cover the ground wherever you walk. Also I would like for every enemy to have a riot shield and cycling immunity. They should one shot you behind cover as well.

There's no place for humor in the dark zone.

You make me sad. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Who knows, but I would be surprised if they tune these things under the expectation that everyone doing them has bis gear. If they are then they'll have to nerf them a day later because in a game with layer after layer of RNG that's a really unfair assumption. People would be using exploits regardless, especially in this game where there are no consequences and the dev takes weeks to patch them.
Yeah, when they say the incursion is so hard that they can't even finish it, I have to wonder if that's because of the mechanics or if it's because they aren't properly geared.

I think the fact that people are farming the bosses in the PvE levels shows that there is some demand for some PvE content that allows for farming. I hope that they introduce something soon, because I assume they're going to patch out the PvE boss farming at some point just like they patched out the BK farming.

It's been suggested before, but I really hope to have an event once a week/month where one of the dark zone areas becomes a open pvp area for Saturday - Sunday.

Would be a lot of fun.
I'd love a permanent PvP area if that also meant there could be a permanent PvE area. Give everyone what they want and make everyone happy... that's a novel idea.

I would like to get better equipped for incursions

But the game isn't dropping shit for me

The game doesnt drop any loot (except materials) you have to craft loot :(

For example after 100 hours i hit level 50 DZ last night, bought 3 HE armor blueprints and a marksman rifle blueprint. I crafted them all and now I am full HE. Before that I was using a purple level 28 glove..

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Would be a lot of fun.

Agreed. When the last patch was borked I managed to get 15mins of free for all action on the DZ and it was intense.

I'd love a permanent PvP area if that also meant there could be a permanent PvE area. Give everyone what they want and make everyone happy... that's a novel idea.

There is a permanent PvE area. It's called the rest of the map.

Division tech farming too :/

I would just consider that an extension of crafting since technically purple farming would fall under that too.

I would like to get better equipped for incursions

But the game isn't dropping shit for me

I spent Phoenix Credits to recalibrate my mask twice to get the 2 mod slot, after trying a few before and getting no good drops.

Then, last night I get as a CM reward a Firearms mask with a natural 2 slot. Sometimes the game just trolls you like that.

Especially since it happened after a bit of a disaster of a DZ trip with matchmaking randoms.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Pick up a "yellow casual jacket", so I'm hoping its a over the top yellow jacket, like, neon yellow, totally over the top. The thing isn't even yellow, its green, brown, and black, the hell?

I hope they sort out their naming scheme of appearance items at some point. I'm not a fan of random names, "trendy" "modern" "cool" when they don't always mean the same thing, my modern scarf is black and my modern jacket is white.

Also, I want more items, where's some cool masks or hoods, or shit, the enemies have them, why can't I have a cool cape, lol.

How do mission behave diffirently if I plauy by myself or woth 3 people (Difficulty wise)?

On normal and hard the number of players affects enemy numbers and their difficulty. So on normal on yourself you might walk into a room with 3 guys, with more players there might be double or triple. Then on hard the same but instead of normal enemies you get purple and yellow ones which are harder.

When you get to level 30 it unlocks challenging on some missions which is always the same regardless of how many players there are.

erawsd

Yeah, when they say the incursion is so hard that they can't even finish it, I have to wonder if that's because of the mechanics or if it's because they aren't properly geared.

I think the fact that people are farming the bosses in the PvE levels shows that there is some demand for some PvE content that allows for farming. I hope that they introduce something soon, because I assume they're going to patch out the PvE boss farming at some point just like they patched out the BK farming.

I agree. I've seen you mention Diablo and I've said often that I wish the devs would pull away from the MMO-lite design that they seem to be going for and look at Diablo for inspiration. Instead of pve becoming "raid or die", I'd much rather see stuff more along the lines of Greater Rifts and Adventure mode to give pve content some replay ability.

noomi

Source

This is a recap of Episode 3 of The Division’s State of the Game during server maintenance. This week, Hamish Bode was joined in the studio by Yanncik Banchereau. The stream was rather shallow on information, hopefully because a stream coming soon will contain lots of details.

Server Maintenance

No changes to the servers, expect for stability. This would suggest that the Hornet farm method is still working.

Backpack Glitch

It was incredibly difficult for the developers to reproduce the bug, but after a lot of community feedback given via the forums, they have identified the source of the issue. While a fix has not been deployed in this week’s maintenance, a future update will resolve any issues for those that are unable to play the game because of the bug.

Scavenging

A confirmation of how the scavenging stat functions was given. It applies to all drops that have a chance of various qualities and it applies an increase to the chances of rolling a higher quality item. Note that it does not increase the chances of dropping an item: it increases the likelihood that any item dropped will be higher quality.

Dark Zone Changes

Changes to the Dark Zone have moved the statistics of players engaging in the area’s content into a more desired range. The developers are happy with the current state of the Dark Zone and have found that people are, on average, spending twice as long in this area than other areas of the game.

Gear Sets

They will be available after the Incursions update and are said to provide some very cool stats.

Assignments

Daily and weekly assignments are planned to be given to players in the near future, alongside the current system of hard/challenge mode missions. These assignments will provide Phoenix Credits to players. No details were given regarding what players will be required to do during these assignments.

Community Challenges

It was suggested during the stream that the community will have future challenges put in place to unlock certain rewards. These might consist of killing a certain type of enemy a set number of times, or another similar activity.

Big Stream Soon™

A big stream regarding future content – likely the Incursions update – is planned to be announced in the next few days. It will contain lots of information about future content that players will be presented with as The Division releases its two free expansions.

Really curious to hear more about these gear sets and Incursions!

shanafan

I think the DZ is appropriately being what it is supposed to be. To get high level gear, there needs to be a challenge associated with that. What better than other players presenting that challenge than just bullet sponge bosses over and over again. I love the feel of the anxiety it presents as well.

The players who are griefing others in the DZ are playing it right. If they grief you, then get back in there and take them out. That's the point of it.

If someone is blocking an entrance, well go use another entrance ;)

That's fine, but as a PvE player all that leads to is frustration particularly when you have no other choice.

Then the current state of the game isn't for your play style then. You can play missions on a higher difficulty to get better loot, so there is that. But, the DZ is one of the main points of the game.

Backpack Glitch

It was incredibly difficult for the developers to reproduce the bug, but after a lot of community feedback given via the forums, they have identified the source of the issue. While a fix has not been deployed in this week’s maintenance, a future update will resolve any issues for those that are unable to play the game because of the bug.

So, can we craft HE backpacks or not?

Dark Zone Changes

Changes to the Dark Zone have moved the statistics of players engaging in the area’s content into a more desired range. The developers are happy with the current state of the Dark Zone and have found that people are, on average, spending twice as long in this area than other areas of the game.

Can't wait to
gank scrubs
get back into the dz tonight ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom