• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I spent 500 PC yesterday. That was fun. Decided that my gear set is full min-maxed up to my own standards. Just gonna do the dailies, some DZ with friends, and collect the open world stuff in small chunks now. And wait for updates.

oSoLucky

I really need to stop obsessing over rolling weapons. It's making me go crazy that I can only get slightly better than mediocre rolls after 41 Augs, 16 MP5s, 58 Vectors, 66 AKs and 9 SA-58s. Maybe I should try being content with what I've got.....

... nah

noomi

Got myself that after I got my AK and Vector. Could probably do with crafting another as one of them was pretty terribad.

Whats the best mod for stability? (I'm guessing stability = recoil)

Stability = Recoil
Accuracy = Bullet Spread

I found that accuracy usually increases DPS to a higher value than stability. For the AK though, you want stability or initial bullet stability to fire in burst shots.

I really need to stop obsessing over rolling weapons. It's making me go crazy that I can only get slightly better than mediocre rolls after 41 Augs, 16 MP5s, 58 Vectors, 66 AKs and 9 SA-58s. Maybe I should try being content with what I've got.....

... nah

And I'm about to give up on rolling Vectors now that I'm nearing 20. I just can't get one with Crit Damage. All of the others ones have been literal trash, too. Not just "not my perfect roll" ones. They had none of my preferred talents.

The one I'm rocking now has good damage, a high natural Crit Chance, and +13% to Elite and Named. I'm seriously about to stop here, since it seems to do well enough for DZ.

Luckily, I got a nice AK on my first roll, so I haven't even bothered retrying that thing.

I've dumped all my mats into Vectors, Extended Mag (cannot get more than 1 good one, apparently) and the gear mods with +armor that Wesley is straight up swimming in.

WipedOut

Finally Unlocked Ferocious on my vector, oh what a difference. Have all HE gear now except for weapon mods, still working on that. I need a grip for my vector and the blueprint in BoO doesn't fit.

Re did my build, Sitting at 50% armor, need to work on crit hit and crit chance but I imagine everything I have now will be replaced eventually.

145K DPS - 65K Health - 22K Skill

Had to get my Skill level up in order to unlock some weapon talents so my Primary DPS took a dip from 176K to 145K, I don't really notice that big of a difference. at least in challenge mode. The Ferocious Perk more than makes up for it.

Oh and that HE First Wave M1A is just too good, Popping heads off like grapefuits.

deadduck

At Vector Crafting Anonymous, we make make other stuff, but 90% of our tools and weapon parts go on vectors that are worse than the one we have.

Deku Tree

Player went rogue on me in the DZ, got rekt, dropped a whole bunch of greens, then sent me this message lol:

CeuJ4UjW8AAn0v6.jpg

Just say no, friend, lmao.

noomi

It's really not that bad, to be honest. I just farmed a bunch of mobs in DZ01. Easy to kill, give almost 300 xp, depending on your xp bonuses.

Looks like this is what I'll need to do to grind out these last few levels.

Sadly I don't think I have any XP bonus gear, so my level 30 mob kills are only giving me around 170XP per :|

What talents are you guys running with?

Currently using
  • Steady Hands
  • On the Move
  • Precision
  • One is None

I had the same until I dropped Precision for Critical Save. I only use medkits when I'm in the last segment anyway, and that damage reduction buff has saved my ass many times. 10 seconds is usually enough to find cover and pop my heal skill. It doesn't work on spike damage, but what does?

As for Precision, as far as I could tell, it just pulsed the target. I didn't see the other attributes that come with the Pulse skill, like +damage to target.

If I'm wrong on that, someone can correct me. If it does increase damage, I might pick it back up and change Steady Hands out for it. That Critical Save is just too good.

RIP bluntman 420

You might say he got... *sunglasses that can't be removed after creating character*... Smoked.

Hahaha!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Looks like this is what I'll need to do to grind out these last few levels.

Sadly I don't think I have any XP bonus gear, so my level 30 mob kills are only giving me around 170XP per :|

Just put some on for the grind. The mobs are easy, so it's not like you need the firepower or health. 170xp is almost double the time!

Deku Tree

This is why I stopped re-rolling on my Vector, my MP5, and my AUG once I got three reasonable talents that are all activated on my current build (I'm not changing my build either). I was lucky to get a roll like that on my AUG on the first try, and on my MP5 on the fourth roll. Took me over 15 rolls on my vector, glad it didn't require div tech.

If you are looking for specific talents on a weapon here is the probability of getting the desired amount of talents you are looking for. 8.5714% Chance of getting your 1 desired Talent / 0.5042% Chance of getting your 2 desired Talents / 0.0153% Chance of getting your 3 desired Talents

When you throw in the Damage and Crit Chance for a Vector. With all the possible way talents can roll. there are 54,297,320 possibilities. So if RNG is on your side you got 0.000002% chance of getting a flawless roll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4cdztq/you_will_never_get_a_perfect_roll_here_is_why/

RIP

fuzzyset

Just put some on for the grind. The mobs are easy, so it's not like you need the firepower or health. 170xp is almost double the time!

Cool. Yeah, I just need to hit 50 as my build really stagnated without those blueprints. I have HE 31s in every slot available without DZ and Sup 31s in the others.

Tawpgun

End game being focused on crafting and pheonix creds instead of extracting dz loot is probably my biggest disappointment of the game.

Finally was able to scoop this game up and holy shit I'm hooked. What I'm gathering in here is that it's not even worth going into the DZ until you hit 30, right? I'm eager to jump in but know I'll get ran at the moment.

LiK

They need to do some endgame stuff in PVE areas aside from Dailies and CMs. Also they should reconsider and do DT drops from the end bosses in CMs. It's not like it's a cakewalk. not as easy as chests in DZ.

noomi

Just got kicked from server during final boss of CM.

Fuck me.

Happened to me once as well, got delta'd but I was quickly able to get back in. Thankfully when I loaded back in I was still in my group exactly where I had left off.

Had a little heart attack when that happened.

This looks insanely reasonable.

Especially if you mix it up with some rogue and manhunt action. Surviving either nets you a lot of XP.

This is why I stopped re-rolling on my Vector, my MP5, and my AUG once I got three reasonable talents that are all activated on my current build (I'm not changing my build either). I was lucky to get a roll like that on my AUG on the first try, and on my MP5 on the fourth roll. Took me over 15 rolls on my vector, glad it didn't require div tech.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4cdztq/you_will_never_get_a_perfect_roll_here_is_why/

RIP

Finally rolled a vector with three active talents after crafting somewhere around 15 or so. I'm not ever going to have a high skill on my main so I need firearms/stamina talented weapons.

Silvard

So, are you guys farming the Russian Consulate or Lincoln Tunnel bosses using the thing? Or is that frowned upon. I've never done it myself since it needs a group.

Some people think this is a tank boss, but it's actually just wesley's character.

fWOafQ8.jpg
We went rogue on some people at the library last night. There were at least seven agents with their backs to us when we attacked. I ran up the street and was taking on four agents by myself. They were all unloading on me and I was just rolling around tossing nades. Killed one and the rest scattered lol.

Armor is real.

So I was matchmade with a random in the DZ and he looked fucking baller. With the mask on, he basically looked like a Metro 2033 soldier.

metro+last+night.jpg

Are the (paid) military packs the only way to get those cool helmets? The cop and SWAT helmets aren't cutting it.

EDIT: To clarify, the pic above is from Metro Last Light.

Daft Punk

Banned
Is the Pakhan any good? I got 736K credits burning a hole in my digital pocket and I'm liking the Destructive and Ferocious perk (It has better perks than my Vector which 2/3 skills are even activated). :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom