• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Dangit, I'll just stick with my Vector and Hunting M44 then. :/

Don't let the min/max crowd sway you from playing with something less effective even if it is more fun for you. It's fine for CM and any content that is out now.

Like you said, what else are you going to spend your credits on?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Isn't that , because people are forced to come here in order to get some loot?
i'm no expert but i spend time in the DZ because i had nothing else to do... but i'm not enjoying myself here.

I have no intention on roaming the streets outside the DZ since i have nothing else to do.

I'm slowly but surely quitting this game unless some changes are made.

I found that pretty funny. They force us to go into the DZ, and then say DZ is working bc we are spending so much time there. These devs are clueless.

I like running Pakhan as my secondary in CM and DZ grinding bosses. It is a good long distance Weapon to balance my close up SMG.

Don't care if Pakhan has optimal DPS. It still totally recks all Enemy NPCs and most rogues.

Obviously I'm not gonna take down ruthless with it but that's OK with me.

At range, a marksman rifle will shred enemies faster than a LMG, given you can hit your shots. LMG's are certainly easier to use and somewhat practical if you have the support role in your team.

I'm just saying given the current state of weapon balancing, LMG's are vastly under-powered.

fr0st

Banned
I think I'm in a pretty good spot to calm down my playtime.

104k dps 63k health 19k skill

Rocking a pakhan with swift, destructive at 18% ferocious at 13%.

Armor is at a cool 4815 and mitigates 65 weapon damage.

Gonna work on clearing my map. Haven't fought red enemies in weeks.
Armor caps out at 4700 (65% mitigation)
Exotic damage at 30% I think.

theWB27

At range, a marksman rifle will shred enemies faster than a LMG, given you can hit your shots. LMG's are certainly easier to use and somewhat practical if you have the support role in your team.

I'm just saying given the current state of weapon balancing, LMG's are vastly under-powered.

I'd certainly rock a marksmen rifle. A good one has really alluded me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Right which vendor sells the High-End M44? Dont wanna run around the DZ on my own looking everywhere.

Edit: DZ06 vendor for anyone who wants it. 168 PC and power level 31.

• 41K-47K DMG
  • 55 RPM
  • 8 MAG
  • 3 random talents
  • 4 attachment slots.

WipedOut

The game is getting lazier and lazier. CM? Nah let's just farm this boss. Move to get our loot? Nah let's just aim at it.

I actually haven't done any of the farming besides one day of BK farming. Kinda defeats the purpose of the game. I made decent progress just from doing CM missions this past week. I prefer to roam the DZ then just mindless farming one area over and over. It's mind numbingly boring.

lt519

I actually haven't done any of the farming besides one day of BK farming. Kinda defeats the purpose of the game. I made decent progress just from doing CM missions this past week. I prefer to roam the DZ then just mindless farming one area over and over. It's mind numbingly boring.

Yeah, our group collectively decided we wouldn't touch exploits since we'd just steam roll content and make it not fun. Hop on and play with us sometime this week, good times in those IB trains with you when you grabbed the PS4 copy of TTK.

Sad to see, to be honest. I don't want this to be a "exploit or fall behind" situation.

Too late for that my man. You already had the power players that got 15-30 pC per named enemy week one and then the BK. But beyond that the people that can only play an hour or two a day will always fall behind in games like these.

What mod has been managing this thread lately?

Looking to get a hold of them.

Kabouter just posted last page?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Natchai defending low HE drop rates on stream. Says "they are HE. Your not supposed to have all HE the first week. It's normal." RIP

I would agree if there was not insane amount of RNG on items. If they want to reduce RNG I would not mind the low drop rates. When it is low drop rates with insane RNG it is not very fun. I don't think these guys have ever played a loot based game or even their own damn game to be honest. The insane RNG hurts the little guy the most who does not have 5 hours a night to run chests in the DZ or run hours of exploits to get enough crafting material to try and defeat the RNG.

Yep. There's a reason why all the streamers are running SMG + M1A. Assaults wreck too from range.

Right now shotties are underpowered except in PVP and LMGs are a joke. But honestly please don't nerf my AUG those 77,000 crit headshots are just too delicious.

Deku Tree

Pakhan is a really good weapon (1) if you like LMGs or (2) if your a new 30 looking to gear up for CM because you can buy it for under 500k credits and (3) if you don't like or don't have an OP marksman rifle.

Pakhan shreds in CM.

I'm not saying anything about whether it is or isn't underpowered. Just saying that it can be a really great PvE weapon for a lot of people who are working on getting geared up, and it can be bought for credits.

quest

Not Banned from OT
The game is getting lazier and lazier. CM? Nah let's just farm this boss. Move to get our loot? Nah let's just aim at it.

Blame the developers not the players for being lazy. To make any progress in the game you have to brute force insane RNG. The exploits are the quickest way to make 100's of items to maybe get a good one. They could easily up the drop rates in the DZ by 500% to give players a way to actually play the game to make progress.

Kickz

I can never tell what type of weapon I have in this game until I equip it.. Is there an easy way to spot differences when looking in inventory??

I mean an outline of a scope or something would've helped..

peetfeet

I just wanted to say thanks to the GAFer who posted the answers (for the day I noticed at least!) to the NVidia/Division Dark Zones Promo competition before/at(?) launch, not sure if it was in the OT or not. The one where you had to find the codes on certain websites... I got emailed last Thursday to say I was a daily winner, my booty arrived today! You guys are so good. Cheers GAF!

iyzSAch.jpg

LiK

I just wanted to say thanks to the GAFer who posted the answers (for the day I noticed at least!) to the NVidia/Division Dark Zones Promo competition before/at(?) launch, not sure if it was in the OT or not. The one where you had to find the codes on certain websites... I got emailed last Thursday to say I was a daily winner, my booty arrived today! You guys are so good. Cheers GAF!

iyzSAch.jpg

I have this card. It's fantastic. I love Asus

lt519

Blame the developers not the players for being lazy. To make any progress in the game you have to brute force insane RNG. The exploits are the quickest way to make 100's of items to maybe get a good one. They could easily up the drop rates in the DZ by 500% to give players a way to actually play the game to make progress.

You're talking about a min/max end game for no reason other than min/max.

The progression rate is totally fine for a player not exploiting after level 30. Start doing the daily hards to get PC and over the course of a week or two have enough PC to buy 1 or 2 HE gear blueprints to tackle Challenge Mode. Once you tackle Challenge Mode you start getting guaranteed HE drops and more PC to buy iLvl 31 blueprints/gear. It's a good progression that took me about 72 hours without getting bored (including doing all missions originally on Hard, getting all collectibles, etc). If you jack up the drop rate the normal progression gets hosed. Anything people are doing beyond gear for CM is just for min/max loot addiction purposes. Loot addiction is a fun game play loop, but only when you actually play the game.

Anyway it was a tongue in cheek comment based on the fact that you can play the game and farm loot literally without moving at this point.

Tawpgun

Low high end drop rates are fine.

The issue is you can just farm for credits and fkn buy everything anyway. Couple that with the pheonix rain on launch week, bullet King and other exploits...

I agree with the dev that they are high end gear and shouldn't just be everywhere. But in their current implementation it's just dumb.

For one, having so many high ends craft able or buyable is dumb. Maybe if the "better" high ends were loot drops it would make sense, but that's not true. I still have yet to get a high end drop from dz or challenge mode that is better than my current purples. They drop key stats too far, and the perks aren't even that good.

Their loot system is very flawed atm

noomi

DeathJr must be stopped! He is growing ever too powerful, and if we allow this to go on soon enough all of us will be in danger!

I am formally opening a bounty to track down and kill this ruthless (lol) player! Will pay 1000 Phoenix Credits!

DivisionGAF, we must stand united against this Dark Zone tyrant!

#STOPTHETYRANT

WipedOut

DeathJr must be stopped! He is growing ever too powerful, and if we allow this to go on soon enough all of us will be in danger!

I am formally opening a bounty to track down and kill this ruthless (lol) player! Will pay 1000 Phoenix Credits!

#STOPTHETYRANT

He has already threaten to steal my HE M1A off my cold lifeless corspe. Power has gotten to his head.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I can never tell what type of weapon I have in this game until I equip it.. Is there an easy way to spot differences when looking in inventory??

I mean an outline of a scope or something would've helped..

I usually color co-ordinate mine.

SMG - Pink
Assualt - Orange
Rifle - Green
Shotgun - Teal

3 sets of double rogue teams killing solo players in the DarkZone.

Now all dead.

I love solo darkzone at times.

29OB7vb.png

:p

lt519

Their loot system is very flawed atm

Total RNG is a complete clusterfuck though. Destiny lost it's collective shit when things weren't dropping and there was no other way to get them so they implemented Xur and Prison of Elders tokens as a guaranteed way to progress.

There's a good balance, and I think you nailed it, ultimate end game gear should be RNG drop but you should be able to craft your way through CM and the Incursion given enough grind time.

erawsd

You say lazy, I say convenient. :p

I would agree if there was not insane amount of RNG on items. If they want to reduce RNG I would not mind the low drop rates. When it is low drop rates with insane RNG it is not very fun. I don't think these guys have ever played a loot based game or even their own damn game to be honest. The insane RNG hurts the little guy the most who does not have 5 hours a night to run chests in the DZ or run hours of exploits to get enough crafting material to try and defeat the RNG.

I agree. HEs really aren't rare anyway, you can craft them with little effort. They're only rare if you are killing hordes of lvl 32 elites and surviving rogues. If you mindlessly farm crafting mats then youre drowning in them.

#STOPTHETYRANT

He has already threaten to steal my HE M1A off my cold lifeless corspe. Power has gotten to his head.

*boots PS4*

You both want to die together or one by one?

RNGsus has spoken.

(From Lincoln Tunnel CM boss)

I rerolled the Marksman damage to +421 SMG.

Now I have to choose:

More DPS or more HP?

Only reason you need that much health is if you go rogue solo in the DZ. that's why OP changed his build. But if you roll in groups I always choose DPS or everyone steals all my kills :p

Also different weapon scale differently. If you have less firearms the MP5 is better.

Tawpgun

But buying or crafting high ends is such a boring design decision.

I liked destiny's original vision that every gear has its story.

How's you get that HE vector, oh it was dropped after a grueling and intense CM mission.

How'd you get that HE M1A, oh it was dropped at dz06, while I was extracting 2 agents came up and I held my breath but nothing happened so nerve wracking

How'd you get that sweet HE chest piece, we saw 2 dudes extracting and decided to go rogue. Killed them and he dropped it!

Instead it's "wow that MP5 wrecks how'd you get it?" "Lol kept farming Hornet for 5 hours, got enough PXC and mats to craft it to perfection. So boring tho."

Pick up a "yellow casual jacket", so I'm hoping its a over the top yellow jacket, like, neon yellow, totally over the top. The thing isn't even yellow, its green, brown, and black, the hell?

I hope they sort out their naming scheme of appearance items at some point. I'm not a fan of random names, "trendy" "modern" "cool" when they don't always mean the same thing, my modern scarf is black and my modern jacket is white.

Also, I want more items, where's some cool masks or hoods, or shit, the enemies have them, why can't I have a cool cape, lol.

On normal and hard the number of players affects enemy numbers and their difficulty. So on normal on yourself you might walk into a room with 3 guys, with more players there might be double or triple. Then on hard the same but instead of normal enemies you get purple and yellow ones which are harder.

When you get to level 30 it unlocks challenging on some missions which is always the same regardless of how many players there are.
Happened to me too. Found a red hat and check it out and it's black or very dark brown.

lt519

I'm usually against this practice but the major thing this game is missing is the ability to teabag a rogue that tried to kill you and failed miserably.

quest

Not Banned from OT
You're talking about a min/max end game for no reason other than min/max.

The progression rate is totally fine for a player not exploiting after level 30. Start doing the daily hards to get PC and over the course of a week or two have enough PC to buy 1 or 2 HE gear blueprints to tackle Challenge Mode. Once you tackle Challenge Mode you start getting guaranteed HE drops and more PC to buy iLvl 31 blueprints/gear. It's a good progression that took me about 72 hours without getting bored (including doing all missions originally on Hard, getting all collectibles, etc). If you jack up the drop rate the normal progression gets hosed. Anything people are doing beyond gear for CM is just for min/max loot addiction purposes. Loot addiction is a fun game play loop, but only when you actually play the game.

Anyway it was a tongue in cheek comment based on the fact that you can play the game and farm loot literally without moving at this point.

This is not about min-maxing this is getting solid gear. Hell I would love to roll knee pads that only have 2 junk stats. That is far from min maxing but with insane RNG just getting to 2 junk stats is a real pain. I could not imagine getting anything with 1 or 0 junk stats. To get a decent weapon is a .5% chance that is just insane. I am not even talking a min max weapon that is .02% chance. So no the progression is not fine if you are playing the game normally. To get fine progression you need to exploit and that is on the developers for not playing their own damn game and understanding the insane RNG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4cdztq/you_will_never_get_a_perfect_roll_here_is_why/

2.If you are looking for specific talents on a weapon here is the probability of getting the desired amount of talents you are looking for. 8.5714% Chance of getting your 1 desired Talent / 0.5042% Chance of getting your 2 desired Talents / 0.0153% Chance of getting your 3 desired Talents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom