• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yea we could hear a group the other night while we were in a party. I don't think they could hear us.

I went into the Dark Zone for the first time at level 12 to see what it's about. I started a firefight with 5 elites (gold health bars) that I was managing decently with some kiting and use of my smart bombs. It looked like I might pull through but it was gonna be close. Suddenly I got flooded by at least ten strong (purple health bar) dudes and just got shredded.

Not gonna bother with DZ again until I hit the end game and then only if I can find some people to play with.

Not worth it until level 30. I tried it at 15 and found it mostly boring but now I'm 30-50 and play with groups its a totally different experience.

I've been noticing lately more and more that agents are teaming up and rolling around the DZ together in groups 8-10 strong. They don't officially party up together, so that if anybody goes rogue they don't all go rogue, and it allows them to party up more than 4 people.

I saw it a few days ago when I was on a rooftop sniping some rioters, trading shots back and forth. Then all of a sudden a huge wave of gunfire and this group of seven or eight agents just stroll through, kill everything super quickly, take all the drops, and keep going. Didn't pay attention to me at all.

Then last night I'm walking around and hear a big firefight. Go over to help and notice there are 3 guys there. Hoping I can help them and then maybe party up, I help them shoot the cleaners. Then ten more guys come out from another direction and all twelve of us are going after this big named cleaner. One agent throws a nade while another tries to rush the cleaner with a shotgun, downs the agent. He goes rogue, immediately he crouches down and four agents surround him pointing guns at me and a few others, screaming that we need to get the fuck out, they'd kick our asses, don't we dare shoot the rogue, it was an accident, if we do we die, and so on and so on. As soon as his timer was done they start shooting at my feet (and the 3 other randoms) and tell us to leave or we die.

On one hand I love it because it just adds more to the cutthroat nature of the DZ. It's truly badass to see groups run through that are that big, coordinated, and powerful.

On the other hand it's frustrating because they could conceivably do whatever they want. That many guys team up and it's going to be damn near impossible to stop them unless you have that many people too.

spyder_ur

I found a DZ vendor selling purple gear mod with 8% scavenging. I bought 7 and raised my scavenging to 188%. Found 4 unopened tech container and still getting mostly greens. According to someone, it should only be blue / gold.

I'm around that level and you definitely sometimes still get greens - I don't know who told you that. But it is definitely more yellows - 4 chests isn't nearly enough to tell and obviously you could have a good or bad streak.

Kadin

Have they said when season pass owners are going to get their exclusive content drops and events? Also, I never found the weapon skins I was supposed to get. I got the appearance items but no skins.

I've been noticing lately more and more that agents are teaming up and rolling around the DZ together in groups 8-10 strong. They don't officially party up together, so that if anybody goes rogue they don't all go rogue, and it allows them to party up more than 4 people.

I saw it a few days ago when I was on a rooftop sniping some rioters, trading shots back and forth. Then all of a sudden a huge wave of gunfire and this group of seven or eight agents just stroll through, kill everything super quickly, take all the drops, and keep going. Didn't pay attention to me at all.

Then last night I'm walking around and hear a big firefight. Go over to help and notice there are 3 guys there. Hoping I can help them and then maybe party up, I help them shoot the cleaners. Then ten more guys come out from another direction and all twelve of us are going after this big named cleaner. One agent throws a nade while another tries to rush the cleaner with a shotgun, downs the agent. He goes rogue, immediately he crouches down and four agents surround him pointing guns at me and a few others, screaming that we need to get the fuck out, they'd kick our asses, don't we dare shoot the rogue, it was an accident, if we do we die, and so on and so on. As soon as his timer was done they start shooting at my feet (and the 3 other randoms) and tell us to leave or we die.

On one hand I love it because it just adds more to the cutthroat nature of the DZ. It's truly badass to see groups run through that are that big, coordinated, and powerful.

On the other hand it's frustrating because they could conceivably do whatever they want. That many guys team up and it's going to be damn near impossible to stop them unless you have that many people too.

That. Is awesome.

I love how dynamic some of the servers are becoming.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
They probably could. I mean if you are in a party and you can hear them (who are in a party). I assume it works both ways.

I kinda hope it is. Needs to be tested out but I would like it if everyone can hear since I feel thats part of the DZ experience.

The other night we came across a group of 3 who look like they wanted to have a fight with us and kept throwing flash and stuns in our range.I started mentioning our group in two not 4 but 8 of us and the other half were just down the road so it would be silly to go rogue at us.

They backed down and ran off quite quickly but who knows it may have been coincidence in timing.

This was on XB1 so maybe things differ between consoles and PC due to the OS settings.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I got tricked pretty good this morning in the DZ. I was chasing down this rogue, and 3 other ppl joined me. We get the rogue cornered, and I notice that the 3 guys with me and not really aiming very well at the rogue. Then the 3 guys, plus the rogue, all turn and mow me down. I'm assuming that was their trap. Well done.

taco543

I got tricked pretty good this morning in the DZ. I was chasing down this rogue, and 3 other ppl joined me. We get the rogue cornered, and I notice that the 3 guys with me and not really aiming very well at the rogue. Then the 3 guys, plus the rogue, all turn and mow me down. I'm assuming that was their trap. Well done.

LBX5EAE.png

clever-girl-o.gif

From the way I understand it, when you are using Division voip, it is making a chat group for your squad as well as injecting your chat audio into the game world. You can notice this in echo prone areas like madison square park. If you have a headset on, you will hear you and your buddies chat in headphones like normal, but then you hear a secondary echo of the voices coming from the game sound, so if you run sound from your TV and chat through headset, you will hear chat from both your headset and TV audio because you hear the game echoing back the chat sound that was injected into madison square park. If you are in party chat, this will not happen because your chat can't be injected into the gameworld, but you will still be able to hear other players on Division voip because their chat audio is being injected into the gameworld so it is no different than hearing their gun shots.

If you want to be radio silent but still chat in DZ, make a party chat. If you do Division voip, all players in proximity will be able to hear you regardless of what chat they use.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

giphy.gif

Sounds similar to something we did the other night.

noomi

That's fucking awesome. The Dark Zone really has some serious potential to be great sometimes.

not_even_mad.gif

Another issue is if I you are in a team of 2 and you both open fire and go rogue on a player and one of you dies but the other is successful killing them, the other player on your team who died won't have any Rogue countdown of any kind. Meaning they can easily just use that to their advantage to bait and kill more players.

The entire team should be labelled Rogue no matter who dies, it makes for an unfair advantage.

Also, the fact the DZ does nothing but interpret hit detection for Rogue status has been fairly boring. That's all it is, nothing more, nothing less and people exploiting it as much as they can from running in front of players or testing what the max number of rounds they can fire from different weapons at another player without going Rogue. There are massive spreadsheets out there for different weapons, and teammates take turns to do that so there is a constant stream to bait players. None of that is exciting or emergent, its just exploitative.

This type of stuff is what Massive needs to strive for the DZ to become more of.

Another issue is if I you are in a team of 2 and you both open fire and go rogue on a player and one of you dies but the other is successful killing them, the other player on your team who died won't have any Rogue countdown of any kind. Meaning they can easily just use that to their advantage to bait and kill more players.

The entire team should be labelled Rogue no matter who dies, it makes for an unfair advantage.

Also, the fact the DZ does nothing but interpret hit detection for Rogue status has been fairly boring. That's all it is, nothing more, nothing less and people exploiting it as much as they can from running in front of players or testing what the max number of rounds they can fire from different weapons at another player without going Rogue. There are massive spreadsheets out there for different weapons, and teammates take turns to do that so there is a constant stream to bait players. None of that is exciting or emergent, its just exploitative.

This type of stuff is what Massive needs to strive for the DZ to become more of.
Literally contradicting yourself two comments in a row

Just deleted the game out of frustration, grinding to DZ level 50 is not worth it when you're constantly losing progress because of assholes with seemingly infinite HP who are killing everyone in sight.

At least Destiny managed to not make me fucking hate other players.

PvE was fun though, will be back for the incursions.

lt519

Eh, exploiting good intentions by running into the line of fire or into a grenade on purpose is different than setting up an elaborate ruse. Ruses are funny and fair, baiting is just annoying and not fun.

I typically play games with people's perceptions of me. I'll follow them for 10-15 minutes killing enemies with them, do an extraction, kill some more enemies and then kill other agent as the next extraction rope drops and get double the items. That's my scavenging % increase. Killing other agents.

giphy.gif

inki

Not really, they posted that the DZ was boring because people were essentially trolling/baiting. Then saw someones post about being tricked (ruse) and OP sounded like that was a step in the right direction.

Not really, they posted that the DZ was boring because people were essentially trolling/baiting. Then saw someones post about being tricked (ruse) and OP sounded like that was a step in the right direction.
He goes from saying that there's something wrong with rogue timers because a team of friends can trick people by having one person being rogue and his friends not, thus baiting players into traps, essentially. This can be done via distance or by death.

He then follows that up with saying that it's cool that players are doing that very same thing and that it's a step in the right direction for the dz. The example he praised was what was most likely a team of 4, one of which was rogue and the other three either having been far enough away to not aggro a timer or having died as rogues and losing their timer.

lt519

Trigger discipline y'all

There's a difference between trigger discipline and some idiot intentionally strafing on top of you from outside your peripheral. Or you throwing a grenade and then the guy running into a mess of enemies just to get in the blast radius so he can cause you to go rogue.

You can say trigger discipline all you want but doesn't change the fact that the DZ is less fun because you can't use grenades or sticky bombs when other people are around.

People just need to stop being wusses and man up and start the fight instead of trying to bait someone into going rogue first.

cakely

I hit 30 on Saturday, and last night I had a couple very lucky HE drops in CM that took me from 60k dps to 172k dps. Zero to hero.

Ceu48QeWAAEXLal.jpg:large

MUnited83

For you.
so

uh

Anybody knows how the fix the connection issues?

Getting error message Error DELTA 20010186

I had this same shitty error back in the beta days, I thought they would have fixed it by now...

Freeman76

Just watched the angry joe review, after playing 50 hours i agree a lot more with it than i would have a week ago, was pretty funny when he was taking the piss outta the pom pom beanies lol

Just watched the angry joe review, after playing 50 hours i agree a lot more with it than i would have a week ago, was pretty funny when he was taking the piss outta the pom pom beanies lol
I like a lot of stuff in general. He's very amusing. But I think he was taking too much piss with this one. He was criticizing stuff just to be negative, in addition to his actually valid concerns etc. But hey that's angry joe! Still enjoy him haha

x2. I havent touched TD in week-ish. The more time that goes by the less I desire to hop back on as there isn't much left to do at lvl30 with yellow gear. Hoping the incursions add something worth sticking around for... or this is going to GameStop.

Freeman76

I like a lot of stuff in general. He's very amusing. But I think he was taking too much piss with this one. He was criticizing stuff just to be negative, in addition to his actually valid concerns etc. But hey that's angry joe! Still enjoy him haha

Yeah i think the gameworld alone deserves a 5/10 at least, its an awesome piece of work. He said he felt it had a solid foundation which i agree with 100%, as it is right now though it was a short love affair i had with this game, and look forward to returning to it once its fleshed out.

ChrisW

Finally completed a challenge mission, on lex. Got a HE holster, the one I was hoping to buy, so huge bonus! Nearly at my target of 100k DPS now currently at 96k

Yea we could hear a group the other night while we were in a party. I don't think they could hear us.

Not worth it until level 30. I tried it at 15 and found it mostly boring but now I'm 30-50 and play with groups its a totally different experience.

the voice is coming over the game sound in the division unlike mos games. That's why you can still hear while in party chat but they can't hear you.

k1t4j

This HE div tech farming is fucking retarded, I mean if I go to the chests and they are all taken, fair game.

Now if i get to 10 chests I fucking expect them to at least, at least, give me between 1-3 of those not blues and greens FFS.

Just had a full bag of good stuff ready to extract. I am alone, taking out AI guys in the EZ. I go to climb something, the game glitches and I am suddenly walking slowly through everything. I am like 90 feet in the air just slowly walking north through the DZ. I'm gonna just see how long it plays out. Eventually I get into the level 32 zone and some enemies see me and shoot me to death. I can't do anything but move the camera around. I respawn, run back there, none of my shit dropped. So there's nothing to extract, no way to recollect my dropped keys or monies, nothing. I get killed by some 32 LMB people, go to respawn.

Run out of the check point, a group is waiting there just to kill anyone who comes out. Guy who downed me is DZ level 64 IIRC. I am 33. Ok, cool. I'll try another checkpoint. Try the only other one I am given an option to spawn at. Entirely different group camping outside kills me right when I get out the door. So there's thousands of DZ XP thrown away.

Until they fix the game so that people not looking for PVP have some reason to play the game and some way to progress their character I am done playing. I guess I will log on once a day and do the daily content then be done. Endgame is garbage. Can't believe the entire PVE map is worthless in the endgame outside of stupid collectibles. Also hey guys, how about patching some of these shitty glitches?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This HE div tech farming is fucking retarded, I mean if I go to the chests and they are all taken, fair game.

Now if i get to 10 chests I fucking expect them to at least, at least, give me between 1-3 of those not blues and greens FFS.

I think that's the number one complaint about HE DT. Sure, farming them sucks, but at least give me something for my effort.

I was rolling with a group of 4 in the DZ a few days ago, we were going rogue just having fun, when we see someone extracting in that wide open extract point (next to the refueling station), anyways we go and sure enough find a lone agent trying to extract, we light him up, as soon as we do and turn rogue, 8 agents come out of nowhere and take down all of my friends, i popped a survival link and managed to escape (i still dont know how i made it). The DZ has definitely gotten more elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom