• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

I went into the Dark Zone for the first time at level 12 to see what it's about. I started a firefight with 5 elites (gold health bars) that I was managing decently with some kiting and use of my smart bombs. It looked like I might pull through but it was gonna be close. Suddenly I got flooded by at least ten strong (purple health bar) dudes and just got shredded.

Not gonna bother with DZ again until I hit the end game and then only if I can find some people to play with.

Yeah, at 30 you'll have not just the purple and yellow guys, but also a group or three of try hards ganking you while you're shooting at the AI. lol.

T.O.P

Banned
Still not seeing a single HE drop in the DZ btw

Lvl 52 Scavenging 142%

Absolutely nothing

Btw, sorry bjaelke, got Delta'd and then had problem logging back so i said fuck it

Stoffinator

mine never showed up, i got on ubi support and they repushed them to me

I had this issue as well when I bought the season pass. I had to go through the PS4 and update my licenses. After that they showed up in the vendor in the back of the Base of Operations.

And on another note: Anybody know why daily missions are not showing up today?

MikeyMike

I had this issue as well when I bought the season pass. I had to go through the PS4 and update my licenses. After that they showed up in the vendor in the back of the Base of Operations.

And on another note: Anybody know why daily missions are not showing up today?

There was a maintenance this morning. Might have something to do with it. Try logging off and back in maybe?

There a third party site for tracking our characters stats and playtime?

Not yet. Division tracker only pulls from the stats that are available to psn xbl and pc. They haven't released a full api for devs to manipulate.

Just had a full bag of good stuff ready to extract. I am alone, taking out AI guys in the EZ. I go to climb something, the game glitches and I am suddenly walking slowly through everything. I am like 90 feet in the air just slowly walking north through the DZ. I'm gonna just see how long it plays out. Eventually I get into the level 32 zone and some enemies see me and shoot me to death. I can't do anything but move the camera around. I respawn, run back there, none of my shit dropped. So there's nothing to extract, no way to recollect my dropped keys or monies, nothing. I get killed by some 32 LMB people, go to respawn.

Run out of the check point, a group is waiting there just to kill anyone who comes out. Guy who downed me is DZ level 64 IIRC. I am 33. Ok, cool. I'll try another checkpoint. Try the only other one I am given an option to spawn at. Entirely different group camping outside kills me right when I get out the door. So there's thousands of DZ XP thrown away.

Until they fix the game so that people not looking for PVP have some reason to play the game and some way to progress their character I am done playing. I guess I will log on once a day and do the daily content then be done. Endgame is garbage. Can't believe the entire PVE map is worthless in the endgame outside of stupid collectibles. Also hey guys, how about patching some of these shitty glitches?

The game was advertised with having a fairly endless pvp/e region for people to go ham in. What did you expect exactly?

Bugs are one issue. A free for all lawless zone is exactly what they intended. Some days you're going to get shit on repeatedly. If that's not your cup of tea that's totally fine, just don't call it garbage. It's by design.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I've got me the Vector 45 ACP, what should I be aiming to buy from the special vendor next? Are there any recommended blueprints to get first? Should I get the magazine blueprint to up that part of all my weapons?

Also the Vector is awesome, I've used pretty much only AR's through the main game, but this gun rips enemies to shreds.

Achamian

Not yet. Division tracker only pulls from the stats that are available to psn xbl and pc. They haven't released a full api for devs to manipulate.

The game was advertised with having a fairly endless pvp/e region for people to go ham in. What did you expect exactly?

Pretty sure he didn't expect mass spawn camping?

Just deleted the game out of frustration, grinding to DZ level 50 is not worth it when you're constantly losing progress because of assholes with seemingly infinite HP who are killing everyone in sight.

At least Destiny managed to not make me fucking hate other players.

PvE was fun though, will be back for the incursions.

Titans with shotguns in The Crucible made me wonder why I still played video games. The worst part of the PvP game, and boo to anyone that played that way.

I don't walk out of my front door each morning expecting a team of people to attack me and take my lunch and I live in a fairly rough area. So what's the diff?
You don't live in a video game that's why lol

The DZ02 W entrance practically begs people to set up camp and grief. Go rogue. Go manhunt. Bunker down and hold your position against whomever comes out of the door and around the corner. This was the same in the beta. It's a tiny little area that is constantly a circus.

HoodWinked

I hit 30 on Saturday, and last night I had a couple very lucky HE drops in CM that took me from 60k dps to 172k dps. Zero to hero.

Ceu48QeWAAEXLal.jpg:large

looking at the talents the headshot and accuracy will inflate your dps quite considerably. the dps is calculated in a weird way where if the accuracy is high it will assume you're only hitting headshots. lol

Pretty sure he didn't expect mass spawn camping?

I'm not really surprised people would stoop to that, you gotta expect douchebags in any online game. The DZ in this game is heaven for them. And that's fine. But when they said PVE would be equally viable in this game as the DZ, they were clearly mistaken. At least up to this point. The endgame is just garbage.

They'll fix it though, so eventually it will be fine. The douchebags are the minority.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm not really surprised people would stoop to that, you gotta expect douchebags in any online game. The DZ in this game is heaven for them. And that's fine. But when they said PVE would be equally viable in this game as the DZ, they were clearly mistaken. At least up to this point. The endgame is just garbage.

They'll fix it though, so eventually it will be fine. The douchebags are the minority.

Were they mistaken though? If you only did PvE, i.e., farmed CMs, would you be unable to do anything in the game? Is there such a difference in gear quality btw DZ and CM gear?

Were they mistaken though? If you only did PvE, i.e., farmed CMs, would you be unable to do anything in the game? Is there such a difference in gear quality btw DZ and CM gear?
A lot of the CM/BoO gear is either on par or better than the DZ gear. Both pve and pvp have top tier gear and blueprints.

Daft Punk

Banned
I got tricked pretty good this morning in the DZ. I was chasing down this rogue, and 3 other ppl joined me. We get the rogue cornered, and I notice that the 3 guys with me and not really aiming very well at the rogue. Then the 3 guys, plus the rogue, all turn and mow me down. I'm assuming that was their trap. Well done.

Someone got me like that earlier. I wasn't even mad. I just laughed.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
just failed to start the daily challenge seven times in a row, due to either group kicking or the doors not opening glitch. This is getting sad.

Just a heads up for people using scavenger to find loot. I believe the stream said the the scavenge trait does NOT increase your chances of getting HE loot. It actually increases the chances of the loot you find being of a higher quality for example having better talents or dmg.

bati

Just a heads up for people using scavenger to find loot. I believe the stream said the the scavenge trait does NOT increase your chances of getting HE loot. It actually increases the chances of the loot you find being of a higher quality for example having better talents or dmg.

And last week one of their community managers said that it affects both quantity and rarity of drops. There seems to be an issue with communication going on at Massive. I'm still keeping my ~140% scavenging because the only alternative is to have bleed resist or some other defensive stat that's useless 99% of the time.

Definity

Can't wait to login and get a chance to try the he first wave m1a I picked up last night from CM. Was so tired I can't even remember the rolls on it.

Dragnet

Nobody else getting massive queues to login? Waited 20 mins, gave up. Came back to try again, now been waiting over an hour. WHAT THE FUCKKKKK

Kinda, he basically said that it doesn't impact the frequency that things drop but when something drops it has a greater chance to be of a better quality (high end) than with a lower scavenging score.

I'm actually kinda thankful for this, because all my gear with scavenging stats was pretty shitty compared to others, haha. If it's just traits that can re-rerolled, fuck it.

Kinda, he basically said that it doesn't impact the frequency that things drop but when something drops it has a greater chance to be of a better quality (high end) than with a lower scavenging score.

Well, now I'm confused--that's completely different from what NegroNinja said. It doesn't impact the frequency that a HE drops, but when a drop happens, it has a higher chance of being a HE...?

Isn't that the same thing? An increase in the drop rate for an HE isn't the same thing as the frequency with which an HE drops?

I'm actually kinda thankful for this, because all my gear with scavenging stats was pretty shitty compared to others, haha. If it's just traits that can re-rerolled, fuck it.

Well, now I'm confused--that's completely different from what NegroNinja said. It doesn't impact the frequency that a HE drops, but when a drop happens, it has a higher chance of being a HE...?

Isn't that the same thing? An increase in the drop rate for an HE isn't the same thing as the frequency with which an HE drops?

Okay so he means frequency in terms of a large number of drops occurring, so say you kill Animal in the Darkzone he drops two-three purples, having a higher scavenging does not mean he has a chance to drop more than two-three but that on of those purples he drops has a greater chance to be a high end. People were assuming scavenging meant that you had more loot drop not that it just changed the quality of the loot that already was dropping.

Okay so he means frequency in terms of a large number of drops occurring, so say you kill Animal in the Darkzone he drops two-three purples, having a higher scavenging does not mean he has a chance to drop more than two-three but that on of those purples he drops has a greater chance to be a high end. People were assuming scavenging meant that you had more loot drop not that it just changed the quality of the loot that already was dropping.

Oh, I see why I was confused--I've always thought the bolded Every video I watched always assumed it was the second: that HE gear would more frequently be a part of loot drops, not that loot drops would increase in quantity.

Sounds like it's still a great stat to have, then.

Freeman76

Yep, they basically built a mode around griefing, no wonder people are getting fed up. Its a good idea but the way they have worked it, it doesnt really work and becomes a game of pure frustration most of the time.

This is a catch 22, they borked a few things out the gate, which led to some players getting much better gear too fast (no life mode ftw) and then a few glitches etc, the only way to sort that now would be to make everyone in each DZ even gear-wise (which would piss too many people off anyway) which would then take away the need for loot in the first place. Its fucked, needs major reworking, but im confident in these guys to do that, eventually.

Thought someone said massive has a weekly update today. Any word on incursions/whatever they're called now?

I believe that was yesterday.

Important Points
  • There will be changes to Division Tech. As of now we don't know what, but it won't involve crafting.
  • No patch notes this week only server-side clean-up.
  • Future updates based on the feedback are work in progress.
  • They are making progress in the backpack issue that locks out users from their account. It was hard to reproduce, but now they have identified the issue and working on the fix now. (the forum-thread helped)
  • There will be more Weekly and Daily activities that give rewards.
  • Community "stuff&things" will be also added to the game.
  • There will be a big stream to announce the future changes, but we don't have a date right now.

Dark Zone changes fallout
  • More players are going rogue - to the point where players complain that there are too many.
  • The time that people spend in the Dark Zone doubled.
  • But there will be more changes to optimize the experience
  • There will more "stuff&things" added to the Dark Zone

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4cc3t9/weekly_scheduled_maintenance_tuesday_march_29/

Here's a link to the stream archive: https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/57350148

Thought someone said massive has a weekly update today. Any word on incursions/whatever they're called now?

Update sometime this week, lots of info supposedly. The Operation/ Incursion (singular) that will drop in April is supposedly reasonably challenging but that's all we heard in regards to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom