• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Update sometime this week, lots of info supposedly. The Operation/ Incursion (singular) that will drop in April is supposedly reasonably challenging but that's all we heard in regards to that.
Thank you kind posters!

Me and a friend just took on 4 dudes who were on a manhunt in dz02. Killed them easily using shock turrets and SMGs lol.

They were camping the checkpoint spawn. Not anymore. 👍

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bugs are one issue. A free for all lawless zone is exactly what they intended. Some days you're going to get shit on repeatedly. If that's not your cup of tea that's totally fine, just don't call it garbage. It's by design.
Because it's a design that runs counter to the campaign portion of the game and alienates people who don't want to deal with it.

I mean, I don't complain about PvP in Dark Souls because that's literally built into the entire game. You can get invaded at any time, lose all your souls/progress, and have a player laugh at you while your screen is fading to black. And even then, you can theoretically opt out by just playing offline.

The fact that you don't have to go into the dark zone at all while playing through the campaign means that the game doesn't teach you that you have to deal with other players who may just want to ruin your experience. I don't get why there isn't a campaign mission in there, with other players who can interfere with you (or support you) as you progress through it.

(Although I suppose being kicked from a challenge mission at the very end is the equivalent to being trolled in the dark zone lol)

Furo

So i am dz lvl 36 and have never bought anything at the dz Vendor. I have currently over 120k dk currency but I don't see any items that I want to purchase besides some lvl dz 50 blueprints which each will cost 8 to 10k. Is there nothing else worthwhile to purchase with dz currency? Most stuff at the vendors is only purple sh1t that won't help me at all (120k dps right now)

hydruxo

So i am dz lvl 36 and have never bought anything at the dz Vendor. I have currently over 120k dk currency but I don't see any items that I want to purchase besides some lvl dz 50 blueprints which each will cost 8 to 10k. Is there nothing else worthwhile to purchase with dz currency? Most stuff at the vendors is only purple sh1t that won't help me at all (120k dps right now)

Honestly by the time you hit DZ rank 30, the vast majority of the DZ vendor gear/weapons are worthless. It's pretty dumb. I'd suggest saving your DZ funds until you hit 50, then buy those rank 50 blueprints.

ISOM

DZ currency is fucking useless. 99% of the good weapons are behind the paywall of Phoenix credit or you get it using regular game currency at the advanced weapons vendor.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yep, it's all worthless by the time you are able to buy that stuff. lol

I think they expected most people to play the dark zone concurrent with their campaign, so that they would reach level 30 in both PvE and PvP at the same time and the gear would be relevant.

I passed Rank 50 in DZ a while ago mostly as a solo player up to about Rank 45 or so with some matchmaking mixed in here or there. Never did I have any of these terrible experiences I see reported in this thread.

The DZ is intended to be a scary place filled with untrust. Tread tactically and carefully whether solo or with other Agents.

Need to escape? Get on your horse and head north and don't stop.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I passed Rank 50 in DZ a while ago mostly as a solo player up to about Rank 45 or so with some matchmaking mixed in here or there. Never did I have any of these terrible experiences I see reported in this thread.

The DZ is intended to be a scary place filled with untrust. Tread tactically and carefully whether solo or with other Agents.

Need to escape? Get on your horse and head north and don't stop.
My problem is that even if you don't deal with rogues, other people can "ruin" your experience by opening up all the division tech boxes or simply killing bosses before you can reach them.

LiK

Amazing, cleared all encounters and side missions and it appears a to of collectibles aren't show up on my map including a few survival guides and echoes. Found those with a guide. I have 20 phone recordings left and they're not showing up either. Now I need to check a guide for each one. What a pain.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Amazing, cleared all encounters and side missions and it appears a to of collectibles aren't show up on my map including a few survival guides and echoes. Found those with a guide. I have 20 phone recordings left and they're not showing up either. Now I need to check a guide for each one. What a pain.
Did you switch the map to show collectibles only? I know that I had some that didn't show up until I did that.

bati

I buy the gear mods at vendor in the DZ (the one that sells yellows) and convert them into electronics mats. You can apply this to whatever crafting material you're low on (buy purples -> convert).

Been running into people on Xbox who are falling through the ground at the southeastern most extraction point and popping back in two blocks away. So we split up and had one person watch the wall and another where they would pop out and took them down lol.

Weird.

Zom

Banned
Just two levels to reach 50dz, i'm soooooooo tired of lvling, i just kill everything and I dont even care for the loot.

Archpath1

Been running into people on Xbox who are falling through the ground at the southeastern most extraction point and popping back in two blocks away. So we split up and had one person watch the wall and another where they would pop out and took them down lol.

Weird.

Yea its a wormhole glitch
Rogues using it to get away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom