• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
little screenshot I took showing the objectives in the incursion.

CZYyDVS.jpg

definitely 15 waves.

Once an hour sounds too rare for the supply drop items. Should be every 15 minutes. Hopefully they increase the drop intervals. Also do the drops happen on the hour? Or do they happen at RNG time intervals?

Please no. Once an hour sounds perfect. If it's every 15 mins then no one is actually playing the DZ, they're just farming chests the whole time.

Cob32

Thought it was a bit strange that supply drop loot isn't contaminated. Hopefully they've anticipated people just activating survival link and suicide sprinting through gunfire to pick up drops.

Khasim

Thought it was a bit strange that supply drop loot isn't contaminated. Hopefully they've anticipated people just activating survival link and suicide sprinting through gunfire to pick up drops.

I would assume that, same as with extraction, you need to hold down the interact button for two or three seconds in order to pick that stuff up, and getting shot interrupts you.

I wonder how the "first come first served" thing will work though - first person/group to reach the drop has dibs on it and others can't pick it up unless the first person is killed, then it goes to the second person? What's stopping people from just camping and letting someone else kill the NPCs and then killing the players?

I would assume that, same as with extraction, you need to hold down the interact button for two or three seconds in order to pick that stuff up, and getting shot interrupts you.

I wonder how the "first come first served" thing will work though - first person/group to reach the drop has dibs on it and others can't pick it up unless the first person is killed, then it goes to the second person? What's stopping people from just camping and letting someone else kill the NPCs and then killing the players?

It's like any other chest in the game. You open it, it's yours. Nothing confusing about it.

There's nothing stopping someone from coming in at the last second either. That's the nature of the DZ.

It's whomever opens it first. So a good strategy would be letting other players chip away at the npcs and then go rogue on them from behind. 👍🏼

Or pop a survivor link and run in and open it while everyone is fighting haha.

RyanDG

It's whomever opens it first. So a good strategy would be letting other players chip away at the npcs and then go rogue on them from behind. ����

Or pop a survivor link and run in and open it while everyone is fighting haha.

My group is already planning the 4x sticky flashbang + survivor link strat lol.

erawsd

Once an hour sounds too rare for the supply drop items. Should be every 15 minutes. Hopefully they increase the drop intervals. Also do the drops happen on the hour? Or do they happen at RNG time intervals?

I'm fine with once an hour, I would like to see a very wide window though, that way you dont just have people rushing the DZ at the top of the hour.

EL CUCO

It's like any other chest in the game. You open it, it's yours. Nothing confusing about it.

There's nothing stopping someone from coming in at the last second either. That's the nature of the DZ.
I learned this the hard way. Some rando popped out of nowhere and grabbed my precious dtech while I was waiting for my group to show up.

I was shocked when the chest didn't give me anything and the prompt dissappeared. I know what I'm doing next time a dude gets close to my dtech

Deku Tree

I learned this the hard way. Some rando popped out of nowhere and grabbed my precious dtech while I was waiting for my group to show up.

I was shocked when the chest didn't give me anything and the prompt dissappeared. I know what I'm doing next time a dude gets close to my dtech

Just open it. Then everyone in your group can grab the loot too when they get there.

You should have gone rogue in that player lol.

Medicated

Neo Member
Anyone on PS4 want to add me? At 43 DZ and trying to get to 50 so I can get all the blueprints I've been saving PC for

PSN: MedicatedSloth

People I've been playing with seemed to burn out until the update

EL CUCO

Just open it. Then everyone in your group can grab the loot too when they get there.

You should have gone rogue in that player lol.
Soss didn't get anything the other night when Gummy opened one. I think he was too far.

Next time I'm going Rogue for sure.

j_rocca42

Anyone on PS4 want to add me? At 43 DZ and trying to get to 50 so I can get all the blueprints I've been saving PC for

PSN: MedicatedSloth

People I've been playing with seemed to burn out until the update
I'm not playing at the moment, but I'll shoot you a FR and maybe we can play together some time.

I'm still on that grind to 50.

spyder_ur

I'm already dreading what exploits people are going to use to get the chest in their instance, since Massive seems so impotent to stop some of this quickly. Even in the lack of an exploit, it'll bring out some crappy behavior.

I'm sure someone has asked, but is there an archive of the stream? Missed all but first 10 minutes. Edit: Never mind, found it.

pringles

Supply Drops in the DZ sound fun, but once an hour? Great, more chests that I'll never get a chance to open since I don't play 10 hours per day and roll around in all the best gear in 8-man strike teams.

All the other stuff they're adding is good. Daily/weekly objectives especially, should have been there from the start. Need more incentives to play after lvl30. Still have a couple of story missions unfinished and an entire zone unexplored, feels pointless to complete them when the rewards are mainly XP and credits which are meaningless.

.hacked

started over on the Xbox one today so I can play with some friends, not as bad as I thought it would be. Game plays pretty well at low levels and think I'll have a blast rolling with a new crew.

Love this game.

lt519

So what's a better mag for an SMG?

All of them have 98% magazine size but I have the 3 options

+20%ish rate of fire
+30% crit damage
+8% crit chance

Rate of fire obviously shows the highest DPS. With that one equipped I already have 50% crit chance and 130% crit damage. But is Rate of Fire one of those misleading stats? The clip does empty a lot faster, but reload time kind of kills the momentum. I guess the faster you kill a guy the less chance he has to blast you at point blank range?

Edit: or alternatively I could keep rolling for Weapon Damage, which I may do for my M1A anyway (have the +8% crit chance on the M1A right now).

I actually still don't have it yet. I have probably been in on 50+ kills but the tracker says 17. Even a guy that I 100-0 and downed gave the text for someone else getting the kill. I have no idea how it works.

Your almost there. If you really need it look me up I will be on in an hour and you can farm me.

squidyj

More like 4x sticky BFB. No witnesses.

that'd be great if BFB actually did damage. I mean you're talking about what? 250k * 1.4 * 1.4? at best? oh and a shitty 2k bleed

so across your 4 man team you get 2 million damage, don't think that's going to be good enough to tackle anything that's actually dangerous

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hmm, I've never had an issue with BFB doing damage.
edit: 2mill damage is plenty to take out whatever group of people are scrambling for the crate.

So did they mention the exploits? fixes?

I believe the exploits will be gone tomorrow via a server side patch during maintenance. No need to address it any further.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1424068-Changelog-April-1-2016-Maintenance

Here is the list of changes implemented during the maintenance of Friday, April 1, 2016:

Madison Field Hospital: The Elite NPC that spawns when Hutch is killed before jumping down from the roof will no longer drop additional loot when killed repeatedly
Missions: Named NPCs killed from outside the mission area will no longer drop additional loot when killed repeatedly
Fixed issues which could allow groups to bypass the limit of four members

Olengie

I actually still don't have it yet. I have probably been in on 50+ kills but the tracker says 17. Even a guy that I 100-0 and downed gave the text for someone else getting the kill. I have no idea how it works.

Did it actually say Your Username kill Rogue Agent on the bottom left of the screen? It only counts for that. Downing someone doesn't count. You need to be the last hit.

So what's a better mag for an SMG?

All of them have 98% magazine size but I have the 3 options

+20%ish rate of fire
+30% crit damage
+8% crit chance

Rate of fire obviously shows the highest DPS. With that one equipped I already have 50% crit chance and 130% crit damage. But is Rate of Fire one of those misleading stats? The clip does empty a lot faster, but reload time kind of kills the momentum. I guess the faster you kill a guy the less chance he has to blast you at point blank range?

Edit: or alternatively I could keep rolling for Weapon Damage, which I may do for my M1A anyway (have the +8% crit chance on the M1A right now).

+30% crit damage no doubt

Ryhian

Anyone on ps4 grinding the farm spots and looking for another? Haven't had a lot of playtime lately to gear up.

PSN: ryhian

oSoLucky

Did it actually say Your Username kill Rogue Agent on the bottom left of the screen? It only counts for that. Downing someone doesn't count. You need to be the last hit.

I've come in and hit guys to kill them and it said other people and I've done the reverse and damaged all of their health with someone else getting the killing blow with the same result. Maybe there are bugs with it or something, but it has seemed very random which ones that I get credit for. I pvp a LOT. It's pretty annoying, but meh, almost there.

Kadin

PS4/PC players: Do you guys ever get these back to back Delta errors trying to login around this time every night? Been a regular occurrence on XB1 for way too many days now...

Finally got in after 9 attempts.

Kadin

I have dps at 152k and feel I am doing nothing...
If a lot of that is from accuracy, that's why.

On a separate note, just logged in saying I got a reward for being an early player (?) along with a supply drop for owning the season pass. Only thing I saw at the rewards vendor was 3 dark zone keys. Did I miss something else or is that it? I'm greatful for the keys but as I don't do much in the DZ, they're in there along with the other 3 I got from the Ubi Store points thingy.

fr0st

Banned
I have dps at 152k and feel I am doing nothing...
PvE or PvP?
I run a full electronics build and with only 120k DPs but pulse basically running 24/7 giving me 40% crit chance and 80% crit damage I can output more instead of just building dps. Only problem is in PvP where its harder to hit people so I just try to land sticky bomb with 250k damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom