• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Is it actually possible to craft HE 31 gear with 2 main stats? The "?" mark under the 2 other stats on the blueprints has me wondering and I thought what better place to ask than here :)

If you can roll a stat, then it will show a number range. Only exception might be the holster, but I don't know since I don't have a holster BP.

Hi guys, where is my best chance to find a HE M1A?
DZ or a specific CM? Or is it completely random?
Is any named boss more likely to drop this?

The Hornet boss from CM Russian consulate is believed to be the best chance of getting a HE M1A afaik. Otherwise it's completely random.

Guys which DZ safehouse sell HE mods?

DZ04 vendor has HE mods for sale, you can buy them with DZ credits.

Hey guys, quick question as a friend and I started playing the Division yesterday. How important is it to have a healer/tech/tank core in a group when playing? Will we have a hard time progressing if there is no healer or tank?

While it's not required to have a dedicated healer or tank, it can be pretty effective in end-game activities like challenge mode, and the upcoming Incursion.

All players can use individual healing skills so having a dedicated healer is not super important. Communication, team work, using the right talents to support your build and understanding the different types of enemy behavior is way more important.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Just hooked up with three randoms to do my first ever daily challenge as a level 30...

Is it supposed to be fucking impossible? Jesus, we were absolutely obliterated numerous times in a row.

When playing under "Challenging" it can be tough, those shotguns will melt you like butter.

Hard is much more doable but loss of rewards hurts.

Bizazedo

Lack of division tech is strangling me. Last night we found a server where a lot of the division tech seemed to be up, but then we had to fight 8 rogues.

It was worth it, but still.

Cade

Just teamed up with some random and went crazy as Rogues. Survived Manhunt twice and killed many in 5v2s a lot.

Couldn't mic up as it's late here, but we worked out a decent communication system and ended up wreckin' fools for like 3 hours.

The DZ really is amazing sometimes.

Make sure you check the item level of those HE mods.

The one I saw had item level 30, when the BoO sells 31. I believe that was the DZ 3/4 guy.

And the DZ mods still required div tech...

Any idea why my HE M44 makes equal damage as my Superiour First Wave M1A?

Because that Sup First Wave M1A is the GOAT. Still rocking mine.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Any idea why my HE M44 makes equal damage as my Superiour First Wave M1A?

i bought the high end police rifle at BoO and it does less damage than the superior m1a, seems to handle worse too. Waste of credits so far :/

I need to go to dz and try to pick up a first wave HE.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Until they issue a weapon balance patch the only relevant marksman rifles are the M1A and the M44.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some say he's still in orbit looking down at the high end beam.

PaXwLLw.gif

I'll have a video later of all the kills we got last night as rogues. I had one which didn't seem to record but I downed a guy then put on explosives to kill him and his body went flying into a car. Its like he got hit by a bus.

Until they issue a weapon balance patch the only relevant marksman rifles are the M1A and the M44.
My srs is still powerful enough until I can get a viable high end m1a or m44. I can drop people with one shot, but I need to have explosive rounds equipped. Give and take.

Some say he's still in orbit looking down at the high end beam.

PaXwLLw.gif

I'll have a video later of all the kills we got last night as rogues. I had one which didn't seem to record but I downed a guy then put on explosives to kill him and his body went flying into a car. Its like he got hit by a bus.

This is beautiful.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Gonna try this Vector out at the gun range.

Getting a little more in damage numbers than my High End MP5 but man the mag is only 20 so it really needs an extended.

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/PaXwLLw.gif[/IMG]

I watched this loop a few times before I realized that, if you look closely, that one dude drops a High End...

Poor bastard probably lost his voice screaming as he soared through the sky, haha.

I had a pretty solid DZ run last night. Gained 2 levels solely from player kills. Survived a manhunt that chased me from DZ01 up to DZ06. My partner died at some point so he wasn't rogue. He just kept a nice few-step distance behind me and stayed there. When they'd line up a shot, they'd go rogue themselves. I'd trail heals for him as we we've through groups of mobs.

There were a few times I was picked off. One rogue group in particular played smart at the right time that I started getting hot-headed and playing loose. I pushed in on 2 guys, while they had two standing back with snipers. It was probably an M44 because my body did a backflip according to my partner. He managed to keep alive by bobbing a weaving, long enough for me to respawn and rejoin him. We ended up wiping them when they didn't have the Signature skills they blew on our first fight. They must've been pissed because they didn't even come back for their bodies.

While I don't presume to be some kind of master at the DZ, I solo more often than I group. And I see people complaining about soloing all the time, so here are a few tips that have worked for me:

- trade out Pulse for Smart Cover with Recharger. When farming, the increased damage and resistance will be great, while the slow health tick doesn't hurt. When PvPing, you'll set this down and return to it mid-fight solely for quick bumps in skill cooldown. This will help you get your heal skill back quicker.

- work out a way to get 15k Skillpower. Alternatively, don't, but have +Self Heal on your gear so when you run your First Aid with Overdose, you're basically guaranteed going from any amount of health to an overheal. (This assumes you've maxed out your wings already. You really need to do that.)

- trade out your Vector / sniper combo for a Vector / AK combo. Snipers, in my experience in the DZ, work best for group PvPing or safe DZ farming. Assume that no DZ farming will be safe. Since most people roll Vectors, when they go rogue they do it from one distance: up in your ass. Your AK is there for chasing rogues and keeping their timers from ticking away. It's got such an incredible optimal range, made better by having high crit chance. Start shooting in their chest and let the gun hand you headshots, since the pattern is an almost perfectly vertical line. The AK also wrecks NPCs when shooting from Smart Cover.

- play in familiar areas. Solo isn't the time to poke around DZ05 because it's cool and a change of scenery. Nothing sucks worse than running from someone directly into a dead end.

- armor. Get some. Get a lot, if possible. Jumping from 50% mitigation to 54% sounds small but plays huge.

If anyone else has anything to add, go for it.

So i have a level 30 purple SOCOM M1A, 31.5k damage with Deadly (20%) and Brutal (19.5%). I'm not likely to be able to improve on that am i? Keep finding level 31 versions that i'm scrapping as they have lower damage and worse talents.

Guess i'll need that HE version eventually...

zarnold56

What is the perfect roll on a crafted vector? My buddy got a pretty good one on his 2nd try. 9300 damage, 25% crit, brutal, ferocious, and deadly talents. Jealous of him

bati

So i have a level 30 purple SOCOM M1A, 31.5k damage with Deadly (20%) and Brutal (19.5%). I'm not likely to be able to improve on that am i? Keep finding level 31 versions that i'm scrapping as they have lower damage and worse talents.

Guess i'll need that HE version eventually...

The one talent that makes m1a stand out is Balanced. Brutal is great too, Deadly not so much because of lower chc on sniper rifles. Still very good though, but Balanced is what you really want.

Meccs

I hope the new DLC has matchmaking. I can't plan my life around a game anymore. Do people really want that kind of content anyway?

Namikaze1

Sees Nami, Dark, DJ, Deku... Do you guys play late Friday nights? It's like my only time to dig in.

(Waves to VE3TRO)
Me personally, not always. Not sure if I'll be playing Division late today since I'll be busy returning to Trials over at Destiny after a near month break.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I watched this loop a few times before I realized that, if you look closely, that one dude drops a High End...

Poor bastard probably lost his voice screaming as he soared through the sky, haha.

It was a real good yellow weapon as well. Ape managed to extract it out at the same time so if they came after us they wouldn't have got it back. :p

We had another guy who was only level 28 following us around so at extracting I went rogue for giggles. A few minutes later he tried killing me with his friend while I wondered away from the group and we wrecked them.

We ran off upto DZ04 I think to wait for the timer to go and another guy came up solo not realizing what was around the corner. Again murdered. :p

Its hilarious how sometimes the rogues hunt people down when it should be the other way around. I'll post a pic later but we had a group of 5 trying to kill us since we had manhunt and it ended up 4 of us chasing them. xD

4phnY7b.gif

lhpcFYZ.gif

Y8pnTHc.gif

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Ooh they've unlocked the Firefighter, Hunter, Paramedic, Police and Survivor appearance stuff at the rewards vendor, when did that happen? I only went to look as it said I had a supply drop which turned out to be a very exciting 3 dark zone keys.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I hope the new DLC has matchmaking. I can't plan my life around a game anymore. Do people really want that kind of content anyway?

It does but they basically said almost no chance with a Pug. It's made for 4 player high end teams each with specialized builds. Basically outside the extra daily and weekly missions there is nothing for the Average player in the update.

EL CUCO

Ooh they've unlocked the Firefighter, Hunter, Paramedic, Police and Survivor appearance stuff at the rewards vendor, when did that happen? I only went to look as it said I had a supply drop which turned out to be a very exciting 3 dark zone keys.
Yup. I noticed yesterday the Hunter set was waiting for me at Rewards claim. I didn't even realize I was missing it.

It was a real good yellow weapon as well. Ape managed to extract it out at the same time so if they came after us they wouldn't have got it back. :p

We had another guy who was only level 28 following us around so at extracting I went rogue for giggles. A few minutes later he tried killing me with his friend while I wondered away from the group and we wrecked them.

We ran off upto DZ04 I think to wait for the timer to go and another guy came up solo not realizing what was around the corner. Again murdered. :p

Its hilarious how sometimes the rogues hunt people down when it should be the other way around. I'll post a pic later but we had a group of 5 trying to kill us since we had manhunt and it ended up 4 of us chasing them. xD

4phnY7b.gif

lhpcFYZ.gif

Y8pnTHc.gif

4v1 and the rehabilitated exploit.... classy

james-van-der-beek-clapping-gif-dawson-b7279382-sz624x350-animate1_zpsdf9ee7d7.gif~c200

My duo buddy last night was a friend of a friendslist friend, who was a random I met in the first place. So I was going with a random's random, and we had a blast. He was cracking me up by getting super offended by other people. Like they were disrespecting him by not showing their fear.

At an extraction: "This dude doing jumpingjacks and shit. I'm bout to shoot his ass." "Fuck it, man, let's do it."

And that's how we went rogue 75% of the time.

Its hilarious how sometimes the rogues hunt people down when it should be the other way around.

And this is how we went manhunt, haha.

Last week we came across someone who's xbl name was JuggaloPride36 or some number. I told granadier and the others with us that I was going to go rogue on him because his name was grating my eyes. So we slaughtered him and his friends. Ended up going on a manhunt if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom