• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

What is the point of having a HE sidearm if it can only roll two talents? Superior sidearm also have two talents... does a HE sidearm have any advantage over a superior?

Ce9fKYUUMAI-3tM.jpg

This ilvl 31 m1911 is so much better than every other Pistol that I have come across, HE or Superior... even though I never ever switch to my pistol.

LiK

I'll probably stitch together some of the big team CMs I did last night and post it on YouTube for posterity. Still one of the most fun I ever had in the game. 4 player teams are so boring in comparison. Lol

darkwing

What is the point of having a HE sidearm if it can old roll two talents? Superior sidearm also have two talents... does a HE sidearm have any advantage over a superior?

Ce9fKYUUMAI-3tM.jpg

This ilvl 31 m1911 is so much better than every other Pistol that I have come across, HE or Superior... even though I never ever switch to my pistol.

yeah some purple ilvl 31 are just too good or useful

Out of curiosity what kind of stamina/ firearms mods do the dark zone level 50 venders sell? Are they better than the ones sold in the base of operations?

Wondering if I should save my credits? I want to get high end mods across the board but not sure if I should wait until dark zone 50?

Vitor711

Lol, yeah. I mean, I get it's part of the game but posting gifs of a 4v1 against a guy who's just standing there isn't exactly impressive.

Yup - going rogue is totally fine, just don't brag about ganging up on solo players while using exploits. No-one cares.

Show me a 1v4 where the solo wins and then I'm interested.

Jafku

What is the point of having a HE sidearm if it can only roll two talents? Superior sidearm also have two talents... does a HE sidearm have any advantage over a superior?

Ce9fKYUUMAI-3tM.jpg

My HE Double Barrel Shotgun has three talents

LiK

When it comes to survivability, almost always. Stamina is important but secondary to armor, in terms of importance (from what I understand).

Cool, got kneepads which raise my stats quite a bit for all three categories but the armor is half of what I was using. :(

Armor is always preferable over the stats increase right?

I'm of that opinion, myself. That bump in overcoming squishiness has been directly game changing for me. I'm now up to 3 total crafted Firearms mods with +armor. Wesley would be so proud.

And did I miss the part where VE3TRO was bragging? All I saw were gifs and stories of sowing chaos, which is what the DZ is about.

Just like there's no crying in baseball, there's no honor in the Dark Zone.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What exploits did I show? The guy was dumb for coming up to 4 people who'd been going man hunt for the past hour. I wasn't showing the gifs to show off they were just being applied to what I wrote.

I'll post the gifs later on of 4 of us beating down 8 others later on then. Not just once but several times.

What exploits did I show? The guy was dumb for coming up to 4 people who'd been going man hunt for the past hour. I wasn't showing the gifs to show off they were just being applied to what I wrote.

I'll post the gifs later on of 4 of us beating down 8 others later on then. Not just once but several times.

That green shimmer running down your character is a healing talent that's broken. A heal which should only last a few seconds max is permanent. Its basically 'god mode'.

Deku Tree

That green shimmer running down your character is a healing talent that's broken. A heal which should only last a few seconds max is permanent. Its basically 'god mode'.

That activates all the time just playing the game though. The gif doesn't prove intentional glitching.

I have a piece with that perk... and the extended heal activates all the time just playing the game... I never intentionally activate it... its not permanent and various things de-activate it all the time... Am I supposed to un-equip it to be playing "fair"?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

It's the only mask I have and it has the talent. I'm not going to make another High End mask to remove it and lose out on the other attributes and slots I need.

EL CUCO

It's not some kind of an over shied so it's not a "god mode", but it's definitely not working as intended. He could still be taken down since health drops quicker than the bonus can heal.

That activates all the time just playing the game though. The gif doesn't prove intentional glitching.

I have a piece with that perk... and the extended heal activates all the time just playing the game... I never intentionally activate it... its not permanent and various things de-activate it all the time... Am I supposed to un-equip it to be playing "fair"?

This maybe true but its still an insanely huge advantage over anyone else not using it.
And its permanent unless your downed. In any case im sure it will be fixed an the next patch.

Deku Tree

This maybe true but its still an insanely huge advantage over anyone else not using it.
And its permanent unless your downed. In any case im sure it will be fixed an the next patch.

I've had the perk deactivate when I entered and then left a safe-house without being downed. Other times I've done the same thing and had the perk not deactivate. So IDK what is causing it to deactivate.

I haven't played DZ since I reached rank 50, and when I did play DZ I was never going rogue just ranking up. So I don't care about gaining an advantage against NPC enemies, although I never activated the perk on purpose.

I've had the perk deactivate when I entered and then left a safe-house without being downed. Other times I've done the same thing and had the perk not deactivate. So IDK what is causing it to deactivate.

I haven't played DZ since I reached rank 50, and when I did play DZ I was never going rogue just ranking up. So I don't care about gaining an advantage against NPC enemies, although I never activated the perk on purpose.

It activated when you are hit with a status effect - blind, bleed, shock etc. I imagine entering a safe house would also probably deactivate.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Against other players it does fuck all. I've been downed plenty of times by others while it was active. If my health is down that much I'd just use a health pack or booster shot anyway.

Deku Tree

It activated when you are hit with a status effect - blind, bleed, shock etc. I imagine entering a safe house would also probably deactivate.

I know how it activates. I'm saying that it deactivates randomly and it doesn't last forever even if it sometimes lasts a long time.

I know how it activates. I'm saying that it deactivates randomly and it doesn't last forever even if it sometimes lasts a long time.
It lasts until death, until you transition servers, or when you exit the dark zone. And it can be activated intentionally or accidentally.

Against other players it does fuck all. I've been downed plenty of times by others while it was active. If my health is down that much I'd just use a health pack or booster shot anyway.

It scales with health so depends on your stats.
If i run my tank build (150khealth 65% Armor) I can stand in the middle of a mod in challenge mode and my health + first aid skill will replenish my health quicker that they can damage me.

You may not of known what it was but you'll definitely notice a difference once its gone.

RawNuts

I've run it before and it's pretty damn helpful. If it wasn't that great, you guys wouldn't be making it a point to flashbang yourselves on Granadier's stream.

I've noticed it de-activate when none of those things have happened though.

There is also a mod for the healing station that removes stats effect which will probably deactivate it.....but i cant imagine anyone uses it because its ass.

I totally use it myself when farming, I just think its a bit cheep running it rouge in the DZ.

jbortz78

Hi Im in need of some advice, as I av about to turn lvl 30 (DZ lvl 31). My stats are 84k dps/ 42k health/ 6k skillp/.
After running general assembly are there some DZ weapon/gear I should buy? I have like 55k DZ currency. Im mostly running with my two buddies, and we dont have that much time to play, so should we focus on hard dailys, general assembly, DZ?

And what stats are mot important first, armor and stamina? Or dmg, or skillpower?

Hi Im in need of some advice, as I av about to turn lvl 30 (DZ lvl 31). My stats are 84k dps/ 42k health/ 6k skillp/.
After running general assembly are there some DZ weapon/gear I should buy? I have like 55k DZ currency. Im mostly running with my two buddies, and we dont have that much time to play, so should we focus on hard dailys, general assembly, DZ?

And what stats are mot important first, armor and stamina? Or dmg, or skillpower?

Id go for hard dailys, you should be able to power through in about 20-30 mins. Then the AK or Vector blueprint.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I've run it before and it's pretty damn helpful. If it wasn't that great, you guys wouldn't be making it a point to flashbang yourselves on Granadier's stream.

Got a link? I haven't really played with Granadier so I need to see when it was.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
My duo buddy last night was a friend of a friendslist friend, who was a random I met in the first place. So I was going with a random's random, and we had a blast. He was cracking me up by getting super offended by other people. Like they were disrespecting him by not showing their fear.

At an extraction: "This dude doing jumpingjacks and shit. I'm bout to shoot his ass." "Fuck it, man, let's do it."

And that's how we went rogue 75% of the time.

And this is how we went manhunt, haha.

So... I was in Dark Zone last night and did jumping jacks in front of a duo of guys, who then killed my 3-man team.

WAS THAT YOU?

I've noticed it de-activate when none of those things have happened though.

There is also a mod for the healing station that removes stats effect which will probably deactivate it.....but i cant imagine anyone uses it because its ass.

I totally use it myself when farming, I just think its a bit cheep running it rouge in the DZ.
The immunity support station negates it I think. It's also just bugged in general so it doesn't surprise me that it can stop working randomly also, as it shouldn't be happening in the first place lol.

Use all the available tools
until they get patched
. I run into a lot of people using it, so I might as well use it also. Once it's patched everyone will be back to normal haha.

Help! I fallen (through the floor) and can't get up!

I respawned. Just wanted to joke around. :p

LOL I got stuck on top of some hesco barriers in the DZ last night and was freaking out. LVL 32s all around. All I could do was run on top of them. Glad I wasn't playing solo

RawNuts

Use all the available tools
until they get patched
. I run into a lot of people using it, so I might as well use it also. Once it's patched everyone will be back to normal haha.
I have no problem with it, and I've run it before as well. I just don't want to see weak excuses being made.

Got a link? I haven't really played with Granadier so I need to see when it was.
Whenever he posted the last time he went live; I tuned in for only a couple of minutes and you guys were flashbanging yourselves on top of the parking garage.

I have no problem with it, and I've run it before as well. I just don't want to see weak excuses being made.
I have no problem admitting using it haha. It gets activated when I get attacked anyway so might as well just flashbang myself as soon as I enter the dz or a challenge mode. I'm just trying to be efficient here. ;)

Bizazedo

Videos are better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEg2j8axr04 (My vid in USA COLORS!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zza3x9c6iyE

Same fight, two different vantage points. I love how LONG some of the fights can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom