• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

banchi

Neo Member
Anyone have any nice farming routes for solo players, looking for high end gear? I am reasonably well geared, but DZ 5 and 6 aren't efficient. Haven't seen a high end drop in hard modes outside the darkzone.

Hey reposting but does the level 50 dark zone vender sell better high end firepower or stamina mods than you get in the base of operations? Wondering if I should wait before buying!

Thanks!

LiK

Anyone have any nice farming routes for solo players, looking for high end gear? I am reasonably well geared, but DZ 5 and 6 aren't efficient. Haven't seen a high end drop in hard modes outside the darkzone.

Play CMs, you get drop potential and earn PC to buy HE blueprints. Better than trying to farm DZ, imo.

Ahh yeah, if you go for the vector you'll need a big extended mag or its garbage.

I thought I was just getting poor rolls and then I stumbled across a good superior magazine and saw what it did for that gun. Then I went for the HE mag and it completed changed the game.

Anyone know where to get HE grip blueprints or sight blueprints?

Iceman829

Ve3tro we can't be friends or play together anymore. I saw you cheating and picking on solo players in the DZ. You are not a very nice person. Goodbye
, I have to go back to work. I hope to see you tonight for some fun :)

Hey reposting but does the level 50 dark zone vender sell better high end firepower or stamina mods than you get in the base of operations? Wondering if I should wait before buying!

Thanks!

I haven't bought one to craft it yet, but the DZ vendor mods I saw were level 30, while the BoO ones are level 31.

Regardless, level 31 is the highest current level, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't jump on those BoO gear mods now and start crafting. They also don't cost Division Tech that you'll want to use to make a chest piece and some guns.

Almost done with this summary of this great explanation of Damage/DPS/stats! I'll clean it up some more, too.

SURVIVABILITY (ARMOR AND MODIFIERS)
  • Armor reduction percentages build off of each other. Lets say for the purposes of this demonstration you have 65% armor mitigation, 25% elite mitigation, and 10% all damage mitigation, even though you can't really get ADR for example purposes. Lets now say you get shot for 67,500 damage:
    • 67500 * 65% (armor reduction) = Damage reduced to 23625
    • 23625 * 25% (elite damage reduction) = Damage reduced to 17718.75
    • 17718.75 * 10% (all damage reduction) = 15946.125
    • End result = You took 15,946.125 damage instead of the initial 67,500 damage hit
  • The more damage reduction multipliers you add simply increases your survival in harder content.
  • Armor gives most armor, so you should try to have that be your max armor stat--since it can have the most, it gives more flexibility with smaller gear items and their armor ratings, when it is max/near max
  • Even a single percent of damage reduction is more than worth it because of how EDR Effective Damage Reduction works. Let's say you take 100,000 damage and I'll show just how big of a deal this is:
    • 100000 * 90% = 10,000 Damage
    • Gain 1%: 100000 * 91% = 9,000 Damage
    • Gain 4% more: 100000 * 95% = 5,000 Damage
  • Always make sure you have multipliers to stack for mitigation.
  • When hit with damage, damage model hierarchy is:
    • Bullet based?
      • If Yes, uses armor value first, then elite reduction
      • If No (like fire or a bleed), uses exotic dmg resistance first, then elite reduction
    • ALL other resistances (like burn and shock) are added after initial dmg reduction is applied
  • Maxing out something like bleed resistance can save you in difficult encounters
  • If running with less than 59% damage reduction, you are insanely squishy and will have trouble with harder content (i.e, purp/gold shotgunners)
  • It is currently impossible to get above 65% damage reduction through armor. 4650 armor should be your maximum that you have. If this changes I will update to reflect that change.
RECALIBRATION
  • Sample ideal roll for kneepads:
    • 1st slot - High Mainstat
    • 2nd slot - Armor
    • 3rd slot - Enemy Armor Damage
    • 4th slot - Elite Protection
    • 5th slot - Elite Damage
    • 6th slot - Skill Bonus
    • 7th slot - Gear mod slot <-super valuable, mandatory at high level
  • Re: recalibration, it's fantastic but only ONE stat can be rerolled. If you have a shitty roll on gear and isn't a big upgrade otherwise, forget about it. If talent is worthwhile, reroll main stat to try and at least improve build
STAT DISTRIBUTION
  • Focus on one stat--balanced hurts you in the end. End game missions rewards diverse teams in specific roles, don't be jack of all trades.
    • Tank = Stamina
      • Need decent damage, too, or your threat will be too low. Threat is based on damage, with threat % stacked on top of that. If you aren't the biggest threat in the room, you aren't the tank.
      • MY INTERPRETATION: Sounds like it artificially boosts your DPS, but not in a way that's damaging to enemies? For example, if you do 75k DPS and a friend does 85k DPS, they are the bigger threat. However, if you have a 19% increased threat stat, the enemy would perceive you as doing ~89k DPS, and you would be the biggest threat.
      • Stamina gives raw health; second best survivability stat behind armor.
    • Tech/Healer = Electronics
      • Goal is to keep buffs up and keep people alive. Whether healing, doing damage, or providing buffs, you want short cooldowns.
      • Liberator (skill weapon) significantly reduces cooldowns.
      • Skill power is capped at 45k; after that, no longer increases damage/buffs in skills.
        CAN use performance mods to get beyond this cap.
      • Skill build should consider skill-based HE like Cadeceus or Liberator
    • Soldier (Straight Weapon DPS) = Firearms
      • Commit! Run Pulse and Booster Shot for maximum firepower at all times.
      • CMs should have at least one high DPS build
      • Firearms points simply increases damage by 1% each point.
WEAPON DAMAGE
  • Weapon DPS in The Division is skewed and doesn't accurately display your actual damage. What the Weapon DPS calculates is the crit of your weapon, the damage per shot, the rate of fire, magazine size, accuracy, and stability and then puts all those stats into a mythical scenario in which every bullet hits the target. Because of this, the displayed weapon DPS you get is never going to be truly accurate. The things you need to care about most are:
    • Damage per shot
    • Crit Chance
    • Crit Damage
    • Weapon Damage % increase
    • Stability: When using a weapon, you can look at the recoil pattern and see if you want to focus on horizontal stability, vertical stability, or overall stability and this is particularly noticeable on weapons with a high rate of fire. 
    • Optimal Range: Range is extremely important because it dictates from how far away you are still dealing the full amount of damage. If you take a base AK, it's optimal range is about 25-30 meters.
  • Accuracy is NEARLY useless.
    • For most assault rifles, sniper rifles, SMGs, and some LMGs, the accuracy that is with the weapon is perfectly fine.
    • Shotguns don't need it, so if you stack accuracy on a shotgun you are just wasting stats.
    • In some cases accuracy CAN be beneficial. What accuracy does is provide a tighter grouping of shots, which is ideal for longer range engagements. It's also good for burst fire, ensuring more shots land on the target
    • Most weapons can even have increased accuracy as a talent, which can completely negate the need to ever put more accuracy on a weapon especially with the range limitations.
    • If your weapon has at least a third of the bar filled with accuracy and you aren't shooting from super long range, then you don't really need it that much.
  • Weapon types have built in perks
    • SMG - Comes with lots of crit, short range only. Stack Crit Damage, headshot damage, crit chance, and reload speed/magazine size.
    • Marksman Rifle - High Headshot damage. Increase optimal range, headshot damage, reload speed, and fire rate.
    • Assault Rife - Medium to Long range weapon. Increase Stability, Weapon Damage %, headshot damage, and magazine size
    • LMG - Great for suppressing enemies and laying down a large amount of fire without frequent reloading. Increase Stability, Mag Size, Fire Rate, and Weapon Damage %
    • Shotgun - Up close and personal kings. Semiautos are vastly superior to pump and double barrel shotguns. Increase Headshot damage, weapon damage %, mag size, reload speed
    • Pistol - Excellent to finish off an enemy that is below 30% health. Health is the colored bar, not the white pips on the enemy health bar, that is the armor they have. increase range, accuracy, mag size, reload speed.

WEAPON MODS
  • If you want to get the most out of your gear, you have to not care about the looks of your weapon. Function over aesthetic.
    • Optic - Any scope or sight falls into this category and rolls 4 stats: optimal range, crit chance, headshot damage, accuracy. It seems to be random, but without a scope blueprint I can't be certain.
    • Handstop - Rolls accuracy and the various stability types.
    • Grip - Rolls general stability as well as accuracy or another alternate stability type.
    • Extended Magazine - Rolls more mag size, obviously, as well as crit chance, crit damage, weapon damage, or rate of fire.
    • High Velocity Magazine - Rolls crit and either mag size, crit damage, weapon damage, or rate of fire.
    • Muzzle Break - Rolls Stability and either accuracy, alternate stability types, reduced or increased threat, crit chance, and crit damage.
    • Loud Muzzle Vent - Rolls increased threat and either accuracy, stability types, crit chance, or crit damage.
    • Suppressor - Rolls reduced threat and either accuracy, stability, crit chance, or crit damage.
  • DPS (even with being aware of DPS skew) shouldn't be only factor--assault rifles may do more DPS than sniper rifles, but sniper rifles generally do more damage per shot. Best way to really see how effective they are is to see how quickly they take down elites and bosses in Hard Modes (General Assembly is recommended for this, with multiple
    bosses)
RECOMMENDED WEAPON BUILDS
  • Shotgun
    • Magazine - Weapon Damage % and mag size. Reload speed can be a replacement for mag size.
    • Sight - Optimal range and headshot damage. If you have a lot of crit chance in your gear, you can swap range for crit chance.
    • Grip - Stability
  • Assault Rifle (recommended: crit build)
    • Talents: Deadly, Brutal, and Accuracte, Stable, Self Preserved, or Destructive
    • Magazine - Mag size and rate or fire
    • Muzzle break - crit damage and stability.
    • Handstop - Stability and Accuracy
    • Optic- Crit chance and headshot damage
  • Marksman Rifle (recommends not bothering with them unless you build for crit; otherwise, they can be outperformed by other weapons)
    • Getting your crit to about 25% or more is what you should aim for as well as over 80% crit damage. You also need the talent that gives you bonus damage % based on how far away you are from a target.
    • Magazine - crit chance and crit damage
    • Muzzle Break - Crit Chance and Stability
    • Handstop (not all DMRs have one) - accuracy and stability
    • Optic - Headshot damage and crit. Optimal range can replace headshot damage if you are shooting really far away
  • SMG (shocker, recommends crit build)
    • Perfect SMG would have talent to increase crit chance, crit heals you, and crit or headshot damage boost
    • MP5 is superior to Vector in every way except slightly lower base damage
    • Talents: Self Preserved, Deadly, Brutal
    • Magazine - mag size and crit damage
    • Muzzle Break - Stability and crit chance.
    • Grip - Double stability or stability accuracy
    • Optic - Headshot damage and crit chance
    • NOTE: If you can reach a reasonably high crit, which I would say is roughly 50-55% crit, I recommend swapping out the crit chance in the muzzle break to be crit damage.
  • LMG (great for suppression bonus, so very good to have one in a group)
    • Talents: Self Preserved, Deadly, Ferocious
    • Magazine - mag size and crit
    • Muzzle break - stability and crit or accuracy
    • Handstop - accuracy and stability
    • Optic - crit and optimal range
  • Sidearm
    • Don't underestimate a good sidearm! Recommend to never use pistols that can't have the magazine, small undermount, and muzzle modded unless you are using a sawn-off
    • Magazine - Weapon damage % and mag size if less than 10 rouns, otherwise reload speed
    • Suppressor - Reduced threat and stability. You want this because if you are in a group and are down to your pistol, the last thing you want is to gain aggro.
    • Laser Pointer - accuracy and stability
CURRENT BEST IN CLASS WEAPONS
  • SMG - MP5 Navy/MP5 ST
    • Where to get it (MP5 Navy) - Blueprint, DZ06 vendor, costs Phoenix Credits, requires DZ rank 50 to buy
    • Where to get it (MP5 ST) - Random drop
    • Superior to Vector; MP5 ST is best but can't be crafted, Navy is very close second. ST can fit any size scope, Navy is just small
  • Assault Rifle - Military SA58
    • Where to get it - Blueprint, DZ06 vendor, costs Phoenix Credits, requires DZ rank 50 to buy
    • Burst fire but most power assault rifle in the game. Highest base damage, decent stats--shorter range than some but tight burst grouping by default. ROF increase w/mag makes it shred. Can look effectiveness at further ranges, but great with SMG AR combo
  • LMG - Black Market M60 E6
    • Where to get it - Blueprint, DZ03 vendor on 39th and 6th ave, costs DZ credits, requires DZ rank 50 to buy
    • Despite being lower level (30), its better than higher level SMGs like tactical M249. Slower ROF but higher damage and good at suppression, which is goal of LMG. Deals serious damage. Lvl 31 would be best, but blueprint is great start
  • DMR - First Wave M1A
    • Where to get it - Random Drop
    • Superior to all other versions because of large underbarrel slot. Equivalent dmg to bolt action rifle, higher ROF, and larger mag. Nothing else competes--other DMRs need to be buffed, in fact!
  • Pistol - Tactical 1911
    • Where to get it - Blueprint, DZ03 vendor on 39th and 6th ave, costs DZ credits, requires DZ rank 50 to buy
    • Full mod slots (except optics) so it can be modified to fit in with the rest of your gear. Level 31 drop has potential to be superior, but this does the job

Ketch

4v1 and the rehabilitated exploit.... classy

james-van-der-beek-clapping-gif-dawson-b7279382-sz624x350-animate1_zpsdf9ee7d7.gif~c200

My favorite part is that he popped his special ammo. Like, shit boys, the 4 of us better buff up to take out this one dude whose hiding in the corner by himself. LOL.

I haven't bought one to craft it yet, but the DZ vendor mods I saw were level 30, while the BoO ones are level 31.

Regardless, level 31 is the highest current level, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't jump on those BoO gear mods now and start crafting. They also don't cost Division Tech that you'll want to use to make a chest piece and some guns.

Thank you! That's a great answer! Just got myself the mods and am now sitting at about 115dmg, 85stamina and 8 electronics

In a way the dz 50 items not being better is slightly frustrating as it means ill be maxed out just about as much as I can be without min/ maxing like crazy lol!

I do still need to get gold weapon mods going so maybe that's where I'll focus attention!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My favorite part is that he popped his special ammo. Like, shit boys, the 4 of us better buff up to take out this one dude whose hiding in the corner by himself. LOL.

Because I was to go for him myself but the others joined in when I told them not to shoot and to see how effective incendiary bullets are against other people. I knew what kind of damage explosive did but not incendiary.

Thank you! That's a great answer! Just got myself the mods and am now sitting at about 115dmg, 85stamina and 8 electronics

In a way the dz 50 items not being better is slightly frustrating as it means ill be maxed out just about as much as I can be without min/ maxing like crazy lol!

I do still need to get gold weapon mods going so maybe that's where I'll focus attention!

If you haven't already, get the Extended Mag blueprint from the BoO. It's one of the single biggest jumps in DPS you can get.

The secondary trait of the extended mag can vary depending on what gun you use, but Weapon Damage +%can be pretty universal. Rate of Fire, Crit Dmg are good. I liked the Reload Speed one a lot, but I had to let it go for more Crit Dmg, on the theory that if I can kill someone before a reload, who cares how long my reload takes?

If you haven't already, get the Extended Mag blueprint from the BoO. It's one of the single biggest jumps in DPS you can get.

The secondary trait of the extended mag can vary depending on what gun you use, but Weapon Damage +%can be pretty universal. Rate of Fire, Crit Dmg are good. I liked the Reload Speed one a lot, but I had to let it go for more Crit Dmg, on the theory that if I can kill someone before a reload, who cares how long my reload takes?

Thanks for that! I actually picked it up and rolled crit dmg, unfortunately I sort of prefer reload speed when dealing with multiple oppenents and my purple has reload speed and rate of fire which both go hand in hand and really boost my dps

It is tempting to re roll and see what I get

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ve3tro we can't be friends or play together anymore. I saw you cheating and picking on solo players in the DZ. You are not a very nice person. Goodbye
, I have to go back to work. I hope to see you tonight for some fun :)

Na man we aint playing because you cheat. That invisible glitch is nasty in the DZ. Jumping through bushes like your a bear or something. We reported you.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Trying to solo some DZ action before my friend gets on, pain in the ass, I've had this same boss dude just regen his whole health and armor twice when he decided to run away and round a corner.

I partly wish I could change instance with a button, there's what seems to be 2-3 groups of 4 players in this one that keep going rogue around the map. It's like playing hide and try not to get shot to death out of nowhere. I'm currently hiding in a checkpoint because I was getting low on amma and the two rogue groups seemed to be running towards each other with me in the middle.

Deku Tree

Natchai said on stream that the backpack issue will be fixed on April 12. Can't fix sooner because it requires we download a patch.

Namikaze1

That was a good DZ run. Went rogue a bunch of times. I think we ended up in a manhunt just 3 times. Got 3 HE items in the first half hour of the run (a mod, an AR, and Midas). Gave the Midas to Jafku since he never got one and I already have one.

Oh and got 7 DT. Can't forget about that.

ChrisW

That was a good DZ run. Went rogue a bunch of times. I think we ended up in a manhunt just 3 times. Got 3 HE items in the first half hour of the run (a mod, an AR, and Midas). Gave the Midas to Jafku since he never got one and I already have one.
Are you getting these gold drops from bosses or cases? I've killed countless bosses and opened a ton of DZ chests and I only game we get crap purples and blues

SkylineRKR

lol, joined a random group in DZ. You know where this goes.

We played for about 30 minutes and I got a shit ton of drops, luckily the best ones (FW M1A for one, I literally grinded for this as I am DZ 25 still) came at the start. Then we fought a named elite, and I noticed they didn't revive me while they easily could. So I became wary and respecced to PvP. And yeah, I had about 8 items when I wanted to extract again... they kicked me out. They sort of waited with fire, I think they wanted me to go rogue. But I ran, popped all buffs and shot one down who came after me. But I got stuck between cars and was killed by the others.

So I wanted revenge. I noticed they didn't take all my loot (honestly, it was rather shitty... some shotguns, LMG, muzzles and mods). So I took a handful back. I extracted again. Then one guy walked up and I saw him turn away all of a sudden, it was one of them. I killed him. Then I called it quits, and lo and behold, the 3 of them came out of the DZ entrance. Popped all buffs and shot them down, then left.

So yeah, when randoms don't revive you... watch out. Also better leave group when you want to extract valuable stuff.

lt519

Are you getting these gold drops from bosses or cases? I've killed countless bosses and opened a ton of DZ chests and I only game we get crap purples and blues

Other agents. The best scavenging % increase you can have is just to kill other agents who have a high scavenging % (;

Also better leave group when you want to extract valuable stuff.

DZ06 extraction is a ghost town and once you kill the NPCs at the extraction point they don't respawn so no surprises. If I want to extract something valuable I go there.

Very nice run. Went from 38 to 43... slowly getting there.

Oh, and I call dibs on the next Midas =D

Tecnniqe

Banned
You don't need 59% dmg reduction at all.

Use cover and be smart about it.
Even just above 50% you can take 2-3 shotgun hits before dying.

Jafku

That was a good DZ run. Went rogue a bunch of times. I think we ended up in a manhunt just 3 times. Got 3 HE items in the first half hour of the run (a mod, an AR, and Midas).Gave the Midas to Jafku since he never got one and I already have one.

Thanks again :)

Ran across 5 dudes hanging out in the alley with the ladder just murdering people. I killed two of them, but the rest came down and got me. Got tired of that, so I took off to DZ06 and 05. It's much better out there. I actually prefer it now.

I wasn't even trying to loot anything other than golds, I'm just trying to level up.

Namikaze1

400+ PC down the drain. Stupid shit wouldn't give Critical Hit Chance from rerolling to have almost the same roll as my level 30 gloves except instead of AR damage would be Marksman. Already had Critical Damage on them. Plus level 31 gloves came out with the Savage talent.

Not wasting anymore PC on it. Have about 190 left that I want to save up instead.

Deku Tree

Trying to get to max PC before April 12. May buy stuff after reset if a God roll shows up. Otherwise I'll go over the cap if I just do hard dailies every day.

SkylineRKR

I really wish I was there when PC was handed out like candy. I can get 60 a day but named elites only give like 1 on average. Honestly, just make 3 the default or something (and higher for 31 and 32 enemies). Lots of things costs PC, rolling for one.

Deku Tree

I really wish I was there when PC was handed out like candy. I can get 60 a day but named elites only give like 1 on average. Honestly, just make 3 the default or something (and higher for 31 and 32 enemies).

It was being handed out to me like crazy yesterday when I MM into a 12 man CM and ran it 9 times in a row really quickly.

lt519

Trying to get to max PC before April 12. May buy stuff after reset if a God roll shows up. Otherwise I'll go over the cap if I just do hard dailies every day.

Hoping for level 31 gloves or chest piece from the Advanced vendor reset today. Haven't made it to DZ50 and don't think I ever will so relying on that and drops. The 31 holster was a pretty good buy this week.

Hoping to accomplish 50 DZ this weekend. Not even that concerned with drops, just looking forward to grabbing some HE blueprints with all these saved up Phoenix Creds.

Ice, other dudes you know the GT but for others on Xbox One it's: DomsPlaying

Hit me up for dailies or DZ! :-D

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hoping to accomplish 50 DZ this weekend. Not even that concerned with drops, just looking forward to grabbing some HE blueprints with all these saved up Phoenix Creds.

Ice, other dudes you know the GT but for others on Xbox One it's: DomsPlaying

Hit me up for dailies or DZ! :-D

Dont play with this guy he steals rogue kills.
We will be on later so try for a 6 in DZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom