• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a garbage comment for people who were locked out. They should just release the patch for that specific issue. Why wait until the big update? They can't patch away bugs before an expansion?

surely you know that Devs just can't push a client side patch whenever they want to. I'm sure if they could, they probably would

Tecnniqe

Banned
Looks like we finally got a ETA on a fix

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1418016-Connectivity-Infinite-Loading-Crafting
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4cxrup/directly_from_ubisoft_the_fix_for_infinite/

Fucking A, I've been locked out since 3/18, it'll have been a nearly a month since before I get to play again....

Due to this fix requiring a client patch, we cannot deploy it at an earlier date.

Stupid console verification systems :|

They should just patch it on PC however. Nothing to stop them from doing that.

Can anyone give me some advice on good abilities and strategies to use with a high skill build? I decided I wanted to make a build with high skill power and I'm not sure about which abilities would be best to use when playing with a group of friends. I'm not sure which healing ability would be best, and should I use sticky bomb or smart cover to better help my group.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just try and synergize with your group. A sticky bomb with stun is great because of crowd control, plus with a skill build you can reduce the cooldown of it to next to nothing. Also it would depend on what you will be doing at the time. Challenge missions? Dark Zone?

Yeah all my friends have been playing daily, farming getting a bunch of PC, yellows and mods. I'm going to be woefully undergeared for incursions when I can finally play again.

Maybe I should just throw in the towel and just get hyped for Dark Souls 3 at this point

I don't think talents are factored into the character sheet.

Some are, others are not.

Vicious adds to your base crit chance in your stats.
The talent on HE gloves that gives extra crit chance on next bullet after reloading adds to base crit chance.

Other talents don't seem to though. It's a massive problem where we don't know which talents work and which don't.

KJRage

Just try and synergize with your group. A sticky bomb with stun is great because of crowd control, plus with a skill build you can reduce the cooldown of it to next to nothing. Also it would depend on what you will be doing at the time. Challenge missions? Dark Zone?

Mostly for challenge missions, but sometimes we end up messing around in the Dark Zone. I'm leaning towards using the stun for crowd control. I've seen some people run pulse also, so I wasn't sure in what situations to run what abilities. I'm curious as well what the best abilities for the Dark Zone are. Thanks for your reply!

KaoticBlaze

Just had some idiot in the DZ follow me around for like 5 mins and kept taking little pop shots at me and kept trying to stand in between me and npc's to try and make me go rouge. Just ignored him until finally I got annoyed and ran down into the subway since I knew he was still following me. I aggro'd the boss down there and ran back up his way and the boss killed him right away as he was trying to run away, then I killed the boss and got my PC's LOL

Getting tired of going through multiple loading screens cause people trying to 8 man CM and don't know how.Its atleast three different loading screens due to getting booted as you load into CM and some loading screens are like waiting on dial up internet.

Kadin

So is everyone still upgrading and trying to roll new gear/weapons or are you guys starting to save up on PCs and mats for when 1.1 drops? I've got enough mats right now to make 10 HE guns and about twice as many gear pieces and mods... but I'm not sure if I should still try to craft some better stuff or just wait until Incursion drops.

quest

Not Banned from OT
So is everyone still upgrading and trying to roll new gear/weapons or are you guys starting to save up on PCs and mats for when 1.1 drops? I've got enough mats right now to make 10 HE guns and about twice as many gear pieces and mods... but I'm not sure if I should still try to craft some better stuff or just wait until Incursion drops.

Not decided because I can see them adding green division tech and materials.

GazzaGSi

Pretty much carried the team to the boss in CM. Gets kicked. The fuck is wrong with people?

I feel your pain it's infuriating.
They should at least make it so once you reach the boss no one can be kicked until the boss is cleared and you've been awarded the prize imo. And that should be the minimum, it's still just as annoying it happening at any point let alone the final boss.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Pretty much carried the team to the boss in CM. Gets kicked. The fuck is wrong with people?

The system needs to be fixed somehow, and is really the problem with hosted groups, for missions like this and if they start bringing in proper long raid type modes they need to move to a vote kick system otherwise it's just going to be abused even more.

When I've joined someone else's group the minute the boss is dead I run to his body for the pickup just in case, it's really not something we should have to worry about when playing the game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Due to this fix requiring a client patch, we cannot deploy it at an earlier date.

This I agree with. If they can alleviate one platforms issues faster they should.

This is exactly what my group is doing. We farmed for awhile. We all have 500 PC. A good amount of HE Div Tech. Just waiting at this point for something to bring us back in. Probably going to be the incursion. I love being "hardcore" sometimes, but man when these MMO-Lites hit It is a week of gameplay!

Macrotus

They should at least make it so once you reach the boss no one can be kicked until the boss is cleared and you've been awarded the prize imo.

Then there will be griefers who afk after they reached the boss.
Those people who enjoy kicking people right before the boss is killed will now enjoy AFKing the boss fight to grief.

I think vote kicking is the only solution.

GazzaGSi

Then there will be griefers who afk after they reached the boss.
Those people who enjoy kicking people right before the boss is killed will now enjoy AFKing the boss fight to grief.

I think vote kicking is the only solution.

Vote kick is a good solution.
With regards to the afk griefers, I'd sooner take my chances with the boss and have a go rather than booted just before it.

lt519

Nothing exciting from the Special Gear Vendor for me, yellow mask, yellow pads and a Vector that you'd be better off buying a blueprint and crafting.

Crap everywhere else. Purple FW M1A with vicious for regular credits at the advanced weapons vendor for those that just got to 30 and need a good sniper.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I really wish we could see other players loadouts and stats. One guy in this rogue group was like dropping all of us in split second with a Vector while we had Survivor on and other buffs.

Love to see what his states and perks were.

Deku Tree

I really wish we could see other players loadouts and stats. One guy in this rogue group was like dropping all of us in split second with a Vector while we had Survivor on and other buffs.

Love to see what his states and perks were.

After April 12 you'll be able to see your fireteam members gear score.

Not being able to see other players load outs prevents people from kicking players with worse gear during MM though.

the trapper hats are hideous.

10365509_249981352002295_6758489238537774201_o.jpg

Don't hate, son!!!!

lulz

ChrisW

Literally crafted another vector and went from 103k DPS to 152k DPS from changing some mods to get its attributes active. It's got brutal, accurate and vicious.

Brutal for 25% HS DMG
Accurate for 45% accuracy increase
Vicious for 13% crit chance when full health

Is this any good?

BM AK74 is a fantastic all around rifle with stability mods. I rarely use my Vector anymore honestly. Might use it more once I'm better specced for a tank/close quarters build, but the AK is my go-to now.

Cad is great specifically for skill builds but otherwise, seems inferior.

ViciousDS

Banned

They should have went with a launcher then...... Like FFXIV where the only time anything needs to be certified is a new launcher. I don't get why companies don't do this more often with online games

Namikaze1

Almost at the boss at the Lincoln Tunnel and no one has join in yet. Eh, don't need any randoms. I'm here Rambo'ing it up.

Privacy is set to open btw

IdodgerI

I can't get the 'United We Stand' trophy to pop, pretty annoying. I'm not even into trophies but knowing that it's bugged out on me is getting on my swede.

On another subject, I've been getting totally wrecked in the DZ tonight by groups turning rogue on me after I help kill a boss :( Can't compete with folk who've put those sort of hours in to be crazy levels already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom