• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit 30 and thought it was time to check out the dz. got absolutely stomped by level 31 guys , is it pretty much impossible to go solo in the dz j til I get much better guns and gear ?

Still yet to get any gold gear/ weapons . Really not sure what I should be doing on the endgame to get better gear, I've just been cleaning up side missions etc and doing the daily . Feel like I'm not even ready to do challenge difficulties .

Macrotus

Any good HE stuff for sale in BoO or from DZ vendors after reset?

I'm looking at the DZ6 vendor, but seems like no new blue prints.
For gear, he's selling shitty gloves, knee pad with 571 firearms and a mod slot,
but doesn't have crit damage. Still might be a good knee pad if you could roll Protection from elites to Crit damage. Armor was 628.

For HE Weapons, Px4 storm type F hand gun was the only one on sale.

RyanDG

Just hit 30 and thought it was time to check out the dz. got absolutely stomped by level 31 guys , is it pretty much impossible to go solo in the dz j til I get much better guns and gear ?

Still yet to get any gold gear/ weapons . Really not sure what I should be doing on the endgame to get better gear, I've just been cleaning up side missions etc and doing the daily . Feel like I'm not even ready to do challenge difficulties .

I solo'd DZ basically from rank 1 to rank 50 off and on. I've ran with a group a lot since then. It's not impossible to solo, but if you are worried about confrontations with other players, you have to play a lot safer. What this means is pulsing as much as you can, avoid other players (even if it means that you have to avoid going to a specific extraction area or running away from an extraction area when you've been waiting on it), and taking on smaller chunks of enemies at a time.

What's your health, dps, skill power at right now? Even if it isn't too high, you should be able to match make for Lincoln tunnel. Most people have challenging on that one on farm mode. Depending on what platform you are playing, you'd likely get people willing to volunteer here to take you through a few to get you geared up.

Namikaze1

I'm loving the M44. Got okay rolls (Accurate Deadly Toxic) but it will do for now. freaking DT is what's keeping me from making more.

Also, didn't realize that my AK has a chance of automatically reloading itself.

Macrotus

If you just hit 30, I highly recommending running hard mode dailies and getting PC to craft ilvl 31 weapons and armor. The blueprints can be purchased at the base.
You can start worrying about the DZ rank 50 blueprints after your decked with a good weapons, knee pads, mask. Try to avoid crafting backpacks though cause it might lock you out of the game.

Also, besides crafting an AK or Vector from the base, try to get a decent sniper rifle.
Purple First Wave M1A would be nice. I'm still using an ilvl30 purple one which was sold last week I think and I'm soloing the level 31 mobs without any issues.
You can't storm in like you would in a group though. So sniper rifles are really helpful for soloing.

If you just hit 30, I highly recommending running hard mode dailies and getting PC to craft ilvl 31 weapons and armor. The blueprints can be purchased at the base.
You can start worrying about the DZ rank 50 blueprints after your decked with a good weapons, knee pads, mask. Try to avoid crafting backpacks though cause it might lock you out of the game.

Also, besides crafting an AK or Vector from the base, try to get a decent sniper rifle.
Purple First Wave M1A would be nice. I'm still using an ilvl30 purple one which was sold last week I think and I'm soloing the level 31 mobs without any issues.
You can't storm in like you would in a group though. So sniper rifles are really helpful for soloing.

Thanks for the tips , I'm not sure what my current stats are , I'll check them out later and will try get a Lexington run going when I'm back on .

Will also checkout crafting / blueprint , I've largely ignored most of that since it was kind of useless until you hit 30.

Also really need to read all the stats in perks / skills as I've pretty much stuck with the same few throughout the whole game .

TsuWave

which talent is better brutal or deadly? i have a decent roll on two vectors but one has brutal while the other has deadly. i don't know which one to sacrifice

Kadin

Have about 170 PC after reaching level 30 some nights ago.

What should be my first purchase?
:x
Vector and AK-74 blueprints would be the popular choices for weapons and then after you get one or both, the HE Magazine blueprint would be the next best option.

As to the weapons, I personally like the Vector a little more than the AK but I do use both.

blacklotus

Vector and AK-74 blueprints would be the popular choices for weapons and then after you get one or both, the HE Magazine blueprint would be the next best option.

As to the weapons, I personally like the Vector a little more than the AK but I do use both.

Do i buy that on the HQ?

j-wood

Just bought the vector HE blueprint from the vendor in boo, since I'm no where near dz50. Hot damn it seems awesome. I didn't fuck up right? First thing I've spent PC on

Kadin

Do i buy that on the HQ?
Yeah all of those blueprints are from the Special Vendor in the Base of Operations.
Just bought the vector HE blueprint from the vendor in boo, since I'm no where near dz50. Hot damn it seems awesome. I didn't fuck up right? First thing I've spent PC on
000d00037932cbadedc3de65e9c9c682.jpg

Gryph

Wait... I had to grind all the way to 50 to get these stupid DZ blueprints and they're all just level 30?

Bah. What a waste of my time...

J-Rzez

is there an aug blueprint tho? for 31?

Naw. A ilvl 30 though from the dz. Once you hit 2550+ firearms it supposedly outscales the 31 vector and mp5. I was lucky enough to get a 31 to drop with good numbers and skill. Ill try to post a pic later.

Thing wrecks and is easy to handle.

Macrotus

which talent is better brutal or deadly? i have a decent roll on two vectors but one has brutal while the other has deadly. i don't know which one to sacrifice
I heard brutal is broken right now, so maybe brutal while its broken? (if you're only comparing those two talents)
It says 24% increase damage, but from I heard from a streamer (he also tested it on stream), its actually seems to be multiplying 24% and then adding another 24% to it.
So its doing more damage than it should be doing.

Get a decent amount of crit chance and crit damage from armor and weapon mods,
because you need those stats for the vector build to work.

Wait... I had to grind all the way to 50 to get these stupid DZ blueprints and they're all just level 30?

Bah. What a waste of my time...
Check the vendor in DZ6.
He sells ilvl 31 chest, holster and gloves. These blue prints are only available there.
And also various weapons.

Gryph

Check the vendor in DZ6.
He sells ilvl 31 chest, holster and gloves. These blue prints are only available there.
And also various weapons.

Only in exchange for PC which I could just spend on the blueprints at the base...

I should've just run the challenge missions over and over again instead of solo grinding the DZ....

TsuWave

I heard brutal is broken right now, so maybe brutal while its broken? (if you're only comparing those two talents)
It says 24% increase damage, but from I heard from a streamer (he also tested it on stream), its actually seems to be multiplying 24% and then adding another 24% to it.
So its doing more damage than it should be doing.

thanks, i'm gonna go with brutal then because my dps with the vector that has brutal is 148k. and the one with deadly is 150k but this is inflated because the one with deadly also has the talent "accurate".

Macrotus

Only in exchange for PC which I could just spend on the blueprints at the base...

I should've just run the challenge missions over and over again instead of solo grinding the DZ....

The vendor at the base doesn't sell ilvl 31 blue prints for the chest, holster or gloves currently.
For example, gloves are one of the most important slots imo, which can have both crit chance and crit damage. On top of that, if you want a specific talent on it (like savage I think), you'll have a better chance at getting what you want by crafting.

Gryph

The vendor at the base doesn't sell ilvl 31 blue prints for the chest, holster or gloves currently.
For example, gloves are one of the most important slots imo, which can have both crit chance and crit damage. On top of that, if you want a specific talent on it (like savage I think), you'll have a better chance at getting what you want by crafting.

Good to know. Still feels like I spent a lot of time dodging rogue squads for not a lot of reward...

Tonight's dark zone antics: We are dressed as police officers and going around asking for weapon permits. When they don't comply, we are forced to take them down.

The law shall prevail.

Why does the DPS of my primary and secondary weapon change when I swap one for the other?

UI seems pretty broken in general with regards to the potential DPS and health changes it shows

Macrotus

I DID IT!

J5pjMbD.jpg

Grats!
I'm still working on mine.

Still have kills with skills.
I also don't know which missions I did in hard mode after hitting 30 and I don't feel like running every hard mode mission again lol
I'd rather use that time and grind in DZ or do CMs.

But I finished all the collectables yesterday and was amazed again with all the detail the PvE area has. They really need to add some sort of new content in there. Such a waste.

LiK

Grats!
I'm still working on mine.

Still have kills with skills.
I also don't know which missions I did in hard mode after hitting 30 and I don't feel like running every hard mode mission again lol
I'd rather use that time and grind in DZ or do CMs.

But I finished all the collectables yesterday and was amazed again with all the detail the PvE area has. They really need to add some sort of new content in there. Such a waste.

yea, i replayed a bunch of missions on Hard. thankfully, i remembered the ones i never replayed in the Dailies and CM so that helped narrow it down for me. pretty annoying.

now my trophy thirst has been quenched, i'll take a break and play other stuff. i'll be back for the Incursions.

Is the reckless perk worth it?

12.8% weapon damage increase but incoming damage is increased 10%. I upped my Health by 10k as well

People have been saying it's broken but in your favor because instead of having incoming damaged increased, it's actually decreased by 10%. So if that's true, then yeah it's worth it.

lt519

Where do you find division xur?

What does he sell and what are the requirements?

Level 30, go up the tech wings stairs and there is a Special Gear vendor on the left next to the recalibration station. Refreshes a few random level 31 HE items once a week and always sells the same 31 HE prints. Need PC from named enemies, daily stories, or challenge mode.

Triz

Guys the trophy for hard mode mission...Is it just the boss levels? And do you have to do it solo? I would think I had done that already with the daily but it hasn't popped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom