• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

WHAT
THE
FUCK
JUST
HAPPENED?

CfCkY93UAAAMvdJ.jpg:large

2 HE drops from a lvl 30 boss in DZ01, and none of them was a performance mod?

AUG seems better for Pve, while MP5 is the king for pvp.

Did you lower your scavenging?

ChrisW

Should i buy the black market AK or save my money and buy some more HE gear? I'm currently sporting a HE Vector and a LOVAC with 89,000 DPS. I'd imagine a good roll on the AK would get me well above this

cakely

Levelling up a second character is the worst.

I did that so I could co-op with some friends with lower-level characters.

Now I have a second character at level 23 and I can't find the motivation to take her to 30. What are the advantages? Getting the daily rewards more than once a day?

Sober

I'm thinking of rolling a second character to have at 29 for the DZ, twink it out and all that as much as I can. Soloing and exploring all of the DZ should be much easier at 29 yeah?

So for people that have completed all of the story missions, what are your thoughts on them?

I finished it all this morning finally and thought that the way they left it open-ended was pretty clever.

Obviously Ubi was going to make a sequel, but it's kind of cool they are switching villains (sort of) to keep things fresh. Keener can bring a lot of things to the table if/when he gets time to get things organized.

Only big issue I had with the story missions, cutscenes, and all of that is that there is a distinct lack of other agents in the game. Every single Wave One agent died, turned sides, or is still missing? Really? If we are to believe that we find every "Missing Agent" in the game, then that means there were, what, 20 Division Agents that went missing, plus the five from Noble squad, plus Keener and the 3-4 guys he converted to his side...meaning that wave one was made up of about 30 people. Which for a city the size of New York is insane. And if we didn't find every "Missing Agent" and there are tons more somewhere else, then what the hell happened to them? Where are these potentially dozen other agents?

Kind of diverting for a second, but it was really disappointing, to me, that every "Missing Agent" side mission thing ended up with you finding their watch and that was it. It would have been really cool to find a few agents holed up for whatever reason. I think it could be cool to find some of them wounded and in need of help - then they show up in the Medical wing back at the base. Or they're fine but had no communications and they help JTF patrol the base. Anything that showed that they weren't just gone.

And the fact that Wave Two is only made up of player characters seems a bit silly. Keener had a phone call message thing that explicitly states Wave Two was significantly smaller than Wave One. Even if you're playing with friends, it makes it that there are only five second wave agents in the game, including Lau, yourself, and three friends. That's ridiculous. As the game went on, JTF played a bigger and bigger part and there were several JTF NPCs rolling around in the missions. But there were no NPC Division agents to supplement their efforts at all.

It doesn't make sense that the US Government, after seeing significant losses in the Dark Zone and NYC as a whole, sent in a cavalry unit to bolster forces that amounted to a grand total of a handful of people.

Hell, anything that makes the Division seem like more than this tiny little group that is only a few people strong.

So many things were handled so well (atmosphere, LMB, Cleaners, backstory of Green Poison was pretty good), but so many others just seemed so darn silly.

bjaelke

I'm thinking of rolling a second character to have at 29 for the DZ, twink it out and all that as much as I can. Soloing and exploring all of the DZ should be much easier at 29 yeah?

Until you find out that division tech isn't shared among characters.

ei3ufsM.gif

GazzaGSi

Is that backpack glitch still not fixed? Have enough PHNX credits for a blueprint .

I bought the backpack a while ago from the BoO vendor not even realising there was a problem when I bought it. I think the problem occurs when you log out with a full backpack or at least near full. I pretty much always deconstruct items that aren't required so that's probably why I haven't experienced the lock out. The backpack was the first HE blueprint I bought.
Tend to log out with around 20 items in it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Buddy is playing with us through dailies and he's only level 6 and getting Phoenix Cred's already. So you could make a few low level characters let the other 3 players carry you and come away with quite a shit load of PXC a day.

Deku Tree

It started as extended stash place, but weekly lockout on operations made me start pushing it.

Nobody knows that the weekly lockout on operations means exactly though. I wish they would just tell us. I really don't want this to be the type of game where you can progress 4x faster at end game if you grind through the whole game 4x. I would be OK with it, if the weekly lockout reward was a big chunk of PC or div Tech or something like that. I would be really mad if people with 4 alts get 4 pieces of set gear a week.

CHC

Jesus it is so pathetically buggy today.

Tried grouping three times today for Lexington....

First time we all arrive there and there are no enemies, no mission.

Second time it loads me into the group and I'm magically ported to the DZ06 safehouse..... they kick me as I'm trying to leave the DZ.

Third time we arrive and clear the group outside, but there are no damage numbers showing for anyone in the group and the front doors of the the event center won't open. We all just leave...​

What the fuck is happening!?

Iceman829

I either need to start leveling up my alt up later or farm some pcreds off CM. CM should be fun now with my elite enemy tank buster

Deku Tree

I took a guess. Like the daily challenge: you get a reward everytime, but you get a better reward the first time each week.

I really don't want this to be the type of game where you can progress 4x faster at end game if you grind through the whole game 4x. I would be OK with it, if the weekly lockout reward was a big chunk of PC or div Tech or something like that. I would be really mad if people with 4 alts get 4 pieces of set gear a week.

deadduck

I really don't want this to be the type of game where you can progress 4x faster at end game if you grind through the whole game 4x. I would be OK with it, if the weekly lockout reward was a big chunk of PC or div Tech or something like that. I would be really mad if people with 4 alts get 4 pieces of set gear a week.

If people grind the story 4 times, they deserve it! So painful.

I know what you mean, but you might be disappointed as the system is already in place with daily challenges.

Deku Tree

If people grind the story 4 times, they deserve it! So painful.

I know what you mean, but you might be disappointed as the system is already in place with daily challenges.

Daily challenges give you extra PC each day, that's it. I already said that I am OK with that.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Jesus it is so pathetically buggy today.

Tried grouping three times today for Lexington....

First time we all arrive there and there are no enemies, no mission.

Second time it loads me into the group and I'm magically ported to the DZ06 safehouse..... they kick me as I'm trying to leave the DZ.

Third time we arrive and clear the group outside, but there are no damage numbers showing for anyone in the group and the front doors of the the event center won't open. We all just leave...​

What the fuck is happening!?

Same things happening to me also on the PS4. I gave up for now and looking for people to grind DZ levels. Level 44 looking for people to grind DZ levels add me dirtgnap .

Deku Tree

They also give you bonus crafting materials.

Ok, I usually don't pay attention to that. But I already said that I am OK with that too.

For one, extra PC is useless because anyone at end game who can do challenge missions is swimming in PC.

Second, since crafting materials are not account wide then extra crafting materials is useless for an alt unless you are going to fully grind them up.

I think you should get a guaranteed set piece of gear every single time you run the Incursion... just like the way daily story Challenge mode missions work now.

Any suggestions on a mostly solo player doing endgame?

I venture into the dark zone but get murdered by other teams.

I have been jumping into a few challenging missions but get garbage from loot.

I dont have any real life friends who own a ps4 to even get a team going into the dark zone.

I would try to coordinate something with GAF but sometimes I have to leave all of a sudden and dont want to waste peoples time.

Man most challenge mode I join ends up failing. One wipe and people drop group. Seriously killing my interest for this game. Also anyone know where can I get yellow gloves and chest armor? The vendor in my base doesn't sell a pattern for it.

Maligna

Banned
Is there a way to matchmake so that it only adds people to my party? I want to be able to decide the mission. Every time I matchmake it puts me in someone else's group and I'm stuck doing what they want to do.

Deku Tree

Yeah hope so. Be happy with a decent bunch of he mats as the weekly bonus.

The thing is after playing Destiny in year 2 with all the gear transfer apps that are currently available. Then running multiple characters, and having to switch all your gear around, and go through all those loading screens, seems like a huge hassle even after you grind them to the end game.

Deku Tree

Is there a way to matchmake so that it only adds people to my party? I want to be able to decide the mission. Every time I matchmake it puts me in someone else's group and I'm stuck doing what they want to do.

Yeah go into your group settings, and open your party up to allow anyone to join. Don't request matchmaking at a matchmaking station. That is the only way.

EDIT: if you stand near a safe house, or near a DZ entrance, or at the start of a story mission then you usually MM quickly into a group. Other places can be slower.

Geez why did the Mida talent swap make it require so much firearm? I need to get more firearm. . Also only one of my armor pieces isn't level 31.

Despite having my stat split be 2k/2k/2k I think I want to focus solely on stamina and tech. Being a tank with hard hitting skills.

ch4fx_

I crafted a few BMAKs last night & I think I walked away with a decent roll..

Accurate / Destructive / Restored

I'm pretty sure there are better rolls, but I'm pretty stoked with having the destruction talent.

Ideally, what talents do I want on my AK?

Is the Black Market AK worth it?

does a bear shit in the woods?

I love my AK, it's probably my favorite gun in the game so far. Just be sure to increase the stability as much as you can to reduce the guns insane recoil.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wat? How?
Dodge shotguns like a boss

I'm pretty sure there are better rolls, but I'm pretty stoked with having the destruction talent.

Ideally, what talents do I want on my AK
Depends, for me I'd go for accurate, destructive and brutal.

That way once you mod in stability you get a massive bonus versus elites

Ideally, what talents do I want on my AK?

does a bear shit in the woods?

I love my AK, it's probably my favorite gun in the game so far. Just be sure to increase the stability as much as you can to reduce the guns insane recoil.

Stable as a talent would be a great roll.

I've got one with a high % crit dmg (Deadly, I think?) and I like it a lot. I try to have a nice amount of crit chance at all times, not just for my SMG. With a Rate of Fire buff on the extended mag, the AK's bursts can be super productive.

Maligna

Banned
Yeah go into your group settings, and open your party up to allow anyone to join. Don't request matchmaking at a matchmaking station. That is the only way.

EDIT: if you stand near a safe house, or near a DZ entrance, or at the start of a story mission then you usually MM quickly into a group. Other places can be slower.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom