• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch4fx_

Stable as a talent would be a great roll.

I've got one with a high % crit dmg (Deadly, I think?) and I like it a lot. I try to have a nice amount of crit chance at all times, not just for my SMG. With a Rate of Fire buff on the extended mag, the AK's bursts can be super productive.

Isn't stable the one that increases accuracy by X amount when you're at FULL HEALTH? Or does it boost it, period?

...unfortunately I have a hard time staying at full health (I push forward WAY too much), so that one may or may not work in my favor.

Deadly + destructive sounds like a pretty nice combo 8). I usually craft at least one a day, so now I at least know what to look for -- thanks guys.

I was just running around in the DZ solo for a bit when two randoms started shadowing me. I had a feeling something was about to go down so I threw down my shock turret and health generator. As expected, they go rogue and start shooting me. I drop one pretty damn fast and I see he was holding on to some HE shit. I snatch it then book it while the other one is hiding behind a car and healing. He then chases me all the way to a safe house and shoots me so I can't enter. I turn around and light him up and then clap over his dead body. All I know is, don't have HE swag on you if you're not good enough to hold on to it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Gonna head into the DZ tonight all looking the same or similar. Probably live stream tonight over on YouTube as well if we get another 6-8 man party going.

UHUGRud.png

So I'm getting a weird stat glitch. I rolled a new mag, and swapped a mod on a piece of gear and my primary DPS went to 175k (75k Health, 16k Skill), Superior Lightwieght M4 (I still have an attribute of it to unlock 11% bonus against elites). When I drop it to a secondary it reduces significantly, which Im sure is because of some attribute of something. But when I move it back to primary the DPS stays low. 150kish... If I keep swapping back and forth repeatedly, it eventually goes back to 175k.

Hoping it's a weird glitch and not that my weapon shouldn't be at 175k. I'm really not sure what I swapped to make it jump from 146k to 175k.

So I posted this ^ weird issue I was having last night. I thought maybe it would fix itself today. I hopped on and noticed my Primary DPS was 150K. No biggy really, I farmed some tools and got a few weapons drops roaming around and noticed that what's mentioned above keeps happening. If I switch my primary to secondary and then back, the DPS shoots up to 175k. And stays that way unless I move something again. I can change it back to 150k by switching back and forth again, but do it a few times and it's back at 175k.

Am I missing something ???

imageserve_1.jpg

Just hit Rank 50 in the DZ!

I have 1000 Pheonix Credits, 42 HE Division Tech and a ton of HE materials.

What should I pick up? Your recommendations and help would be great :)

Once I hit 30, what can I do to most efficiently build my character as a mostly solo player? With limited playtime per session?

Any good guides out there?

lt519

First full match maked CM I've done. So much more rocky and bumpy when you don't have mics and can't call out targets and coordinate skills. 30-40 minutes vs a 15 minute run, crazy.

Once I hit 30, what can I do to most efficiently build my character as a mostly solo player? With limited playtime per session?

Any good guides out there?

I would just do the daily Hard missions solo for 30+ PC and credits, should take 30-40 minutes to do both. Keep an eye on vendors, there's a reddit daily thread with all the items for sale, and start gearing up with all level 30 and level 31 items (these'll have the best primary stats getting you the most bang for your buck early, until you start min maxing). After a week you'll have all level 30 gear and a good HE weapon blueprint from the Special Gear Vendor. That'll be enough to be CM ready if that's your end goal.

lt519

Haha someone just glitched into a PvE safehouse and can still shoot somehow. He's holding an invisible gun running around firing.

Shaldome

First time running around the Dz solo with level 30. Only extracted some purple loot to get a hang of the opposition while waiting for the chopper. Was not to bad. Only problem is the marauding group of rogues in my instance. So far I was able to evade them.

mAcOdIn

So for people that have completed all of the story missions, what are your thoughts on them?

I finished it all this morning finally and thought that the way they left it open-ended was pretty clever.

Obviously Ubi was going to make a sequel, but it's kind of cool they are switching villains (sort of) to keep things fresh. Keener can bring a lot of things to the table if/when he gets time to get things organized.

Only big issue I had with the story missions, cutscenes, and all of that is that there is a distinct lack of other agents in the game. Every single Wave One agent died, turned sides, or is still missing? Really? If we are to believe that we find every "Missing Agent" in the game, then that means there were, what, 20 Division Agents that went missing, plus the five from Noble squad, plus Keener and the 3-4 guys he converted to his side...meaning that wave one was made up of about 30 people. Which for a city the size of New York is insane. And if we didn't find every "Missing Agent" and there are tons more somewhere else, then what the hell happened to them? Where are these potentially dozen other agents?

Kind of diverting for a second, but it was really disappointing, to me, that every "Missing Agent" side mission thing ended up with you finding their watch and that was it. It would have been really cool to find a few agents holed up for whatever reason. I think it could be cool to find some of them wounded and in need of help - then they show up in the Medical wing back at the base. Or they're fine but had no communications and they help JTF patrol the base. Anything that showed that they weren't just gone.

And the fact that Wave Two is only made up of player characters seems a bit silly. Keener had a phone call message thing that explicitly states Wave Two was significantly smaller than Wave One. Even if you're playing with friends, it makes it that there are only five second wave agents in the game, including Lau, yourself, and three friends. That's ridiculous. As the game went on, JTF played a bigger and bigger part and there were several JTF NPCs rolling around in the missions. But there were no NPC Division agents to supplement their efforts at all.

It doesn't make sense that the US Government, after seeing significant losses in the Dark Zone and NYC as a whole, sent in a cavalry unit to bolster forces that amounted to a grand total of a handful of people.

Hell, anything that makes the Division seem like more than this tiny little group that is only a few people strong.

So many things were handled so well (atmosphere, LMB, Cleaners, backstory of Green Poison was pretty good), but so many others just seemed so darn silly.
The Division is the dumbest idea for a unit I've ever heard.

To me it makes absolutely no sense to have a unit like this.

First, a unit's primary strength is going to be in training together and experience, none of which you can really imagine "sleeper" agents going through normal lives holding normal jobs to really have. They're pretty much limited to National Guard or Reservist level training so that they can keep up their appearance of just being normal day traders and shit. And what of all their fancy toys, they just keep this shit at home?

Second, why embed them with the population at all if they need to be activated and sent somewhere like any normal force? I mean, if they were like Air Marshals and meant to thwart random acts of violence or terrorism in places they just happen to be in the civilian world, well, that's probably a wasteful approach but it at least makes sense. But what they do in this game makes no sense.

The whole thing's stupid as fuck.

This isn't even touching on the amount of Division soldiers that must exist, New York's of course a large place and as such would likely have a lot of these sleeper agents but once you start thinking about all the other large cities around the US now you're suddenly struck by this "secret" Division's probably being larger than all of the current Special Ops forces combined.

spyder_ur

Just hit Rank 50 in the DZ!

I have 1000 Pheonix Credits, 42 HE Division Tech and a ton of HE materials.

What should I pick up? Your recommendations and help would be great :)

all the ilvl 31 armor blueprints, vector, mp5, black market ak, weapon mods

Nice, I'm jealous of the people who did it after they reduced the death penalties. Was such a grind.

Don't sleep on the Tactical ACR blueprint. I don't even think it requires PC, but I'm not positive what DZ vendor it is. Maybe 3?

I much prefer it to the AK, throw some stability on and it is a laser. Best AR in the game for me.

Kickz

Just finished all of the story missions, and I am ready to take a deep dive into DZ

Anyone on PC; add me kickz87

Got a new headset I am ready to use for partychat :)

I'm on the ps4 version and I haven't played in atleast 2 weeks until today. Now every time I try to play after about 15 minutes I lose a lot of sound including all voices in game causing me to have to restart the game software =\

EL CUCO

During Lexington CM, got matchmade with a guy that thought his game had glitched because when he'd run a daily challenge mode consecutively he was getting rewarded with 30 Phoenix credits and a high end gear piece each time.

Oh you random Destiny players ;)

Namikaze1

I didn't know that your alt has access to whatever clothing your main has found and vice versa till I went to change my alt's appearance earlier. Went to put on a scarf I found on my alt and was pretty surprised to see that I had access to every single scarf I found on my main.

Orca

I really don't want this to be the type of game where you can progress 4x faster at end game if you grind through the whole game 4x. I would be OK with it, if the weekly lockout reward was a big chunk of PC or div Tech or something like that. I would be really mad if people with 4 alts get 4 pieces of set gear a week.

If someone wants to play it 4x as much as you, why shouldn't they get more stuff?

This kind of 'I can't have it, they shouldn't have it either' stuff...I just don't get it. They have the time to put into the game, more power to them. Wish I could do the same, but that doesn't mean they should be punished for it.

If someone wants to play it 4x as much as you, why shouldn't they get more stuff?

This kind of 'I can't have it, they shouldn't have it either' stuff...I just don't get it. They have the time to put into the game, more power to them. Wish I could do the same, but that doesn't mean they should be punished for it.
Exactly

fr0st

Banned

If I can't have it then they can't or some other bs excuses.

Deku Tree

The CM daily missions don't punish people for not having alts. The incursions shouldn't either. Time gating gear behind weekly lockouts is stupid, and it's inconsistent with how the game currently hands out loot in other areas. Giving people who grind the whole game 4x as much gear just because they can no-life the game with four alts is also stupid. It's an artificial time gate. That's my opinion. We have no idea what Massive is planning. They should have just told us to end all this speculation.

The CM daily missions don't punish people for not having alts. The incursions shouldn't either. Time gating gear behind weekly lockouts is stupid, and it's inconsistent with how the game currently hands out loot in other areas. Giving people who grind the whole game 4x as much gear just because they can no-life the game with four alts is also stupid. It's an artificial time gate. That's my opinion. We have no idea what Massive is planning. They should have just told us to end all this speculation.
Oooo the no-life argument. Classic.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

2r3NpvB.gif

Deku Tree

In this game you have the ability to have four characters that are "exactly" the same. No different "at all" except for their appearance. No customization.

In Destiny you had three completely different characters with three individual subclasses.

In a game like the Division to lock gear acquisition of the incursions to once per week per character would be a dumb game design IMO. That's what I think. And I don't think Massive is going to do it anyway. That is all.

If you want to hate on my option then go ahead. Good for you.

You have an odd definition of punish, Deku. People who will only run incursions once a week are not being "punished".

Oooo the no-life argument. Classic.

The game makes alts incredibly awful to make as well. Doing all the work to get he BoO to 100% is awful. I don't care if alts give me more Incursion rewards weekly, I will never go through all of that again.

lt519

Ugh I can't grind the DZ anymore, it's just not fun. I want to get to Level 50 but trying to be effective means just running around slaughtering Level 30s which isn't that fun. Level 37 and it takes like ~80 enemy kills just to get one level.

Done til Incursions and daily/weekly bounties are available.

Ugh I can't grind the DZ anymore, it's just not fun. I want to get to Level 50 but trying to be effective means just running around slaughtering Level 30s which isn't that fun. Level 37 and it takes like ~80 enemy kills just to get one level.

Get a group and go rogue and survive. You get a huuuuge chunk of XP.

That holds up well, and if it was just "Play 4x as much, get 4x as much gear" that'd be fine. It makes sense, happened all the time in other games.

But that's not the case in the Division. To get that 4x as much gear, you have to create 4 different... well, not so different.. characters and run through the game with each. You aren't playing 4x as much, your playing 4x as much plus the initial time investment for each character. Regardless of whether it's "fair" or not, it's at best a terrible design and at worst blatant artificial lengthening of the game to make up for lack of content. Something that every single one of these "shared world shooters" has in common, apparently.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Got a team and go rogue? Surviving rogue levels and manhunt can reward quite abit. I went from 54 to 60 last night.

The DZ currently is a massive waste of space. There is literally nothing to do but make farm routes for Division Tech/Named Bosses/Enemies for XP.

It's incredibly boring and I have no idea why they thought that was enough to sustain the entire PvP portion of the game. It's the emergent gameplay going or hunting rogues that makes it remotely interesting.

If you haven't played with a team do that first to give it one more chance. Otherwise your logic is sound, since one daily assignment of finding 3 Division Tech gave 8000 experience in the videos they showed in the stream. So it will help move things along.

Supply drops will make it more interesting, but no missions your team can take on and have rogues get into it is a huge missed opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom