• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

As someone that is only DZ 25, running into packs of 6+ people all DZ 50+ that are rogue and instakill you on sight no matter what zone you go into can really kill your enjoyment fast.

Yeah, they need to move people leaving groups and joining others in the same instance regardless of how full servers are.

8 man groups just kill the DZ.

SlickVic

Well trying to go into the DZ solo went about poorly as I expected. My DZ rank is 11 and wound up getting effortlessly killed by solo rogue agents and lost some DZ money and keys (I think) before getting a chance to find any loot. Probably best for someone like me who's terrible at online PVP shooters to stick to a group and not bother with solo DZ.

Bradach

I run sticky with flashbang and heal with over heal.Also i use the talent that gives 40% bonus hp to group members when using med kit (you count as group members) so back to full health from near death.Stack that with take 40% less damage when using a med kit that combo will save your life more times than you can count.

Save flash bang for rushers like shotgunners drop them first also use water gives 20% more dps to elites.Unlock survivor link that shit makes you a tank also use the talent that gives 50% chance ammo not consumed on headshots.

Doomshroom definitely get some HE blueprints from special vendor in BoO i believe its in Tech wing Vector,masks,magazine mod etc.
Thanks for all the tips!

bosseye

DZ has always been eminently doable solo for me. It's better in a group and your lifespan of course increases, but solo is viable. You just have to take it slow and pick your battles and pick your extraction zones carefully. I've been running in the DZ alone since level 8 or so (lvl 25 now), and have managed to extract some good stuff (quickly superceded obviously, but still) and have an awesome time.

It's incredibly tense solo, numerous times I've just hidden and watched rampaging groups of rogues run past me. Naturally you will get ganked on occasion, you're vulnerable alone but it's so worth doing just for a change of pace, a sense of being the lone Wolf up against terrifying odds.

Paertan

Hacking in DZ have been really getting worse the last couple of days. Seen guys teleporting and one shotting like crazy. All the Division Tech is almost always gone as well.
Just this morning a guy instakilled me with a M249. Probably RPM hack. I really liked how they adjusted going Rogue and was enjoying DZ a lot more. But now anytime I see a rogue I instantly think it is a hacker and stay away. If he teleports to me I just leave DZ.

Turrican2

Only rank 42 in the dark zone atm the grind to 50 is real.

Same here, going Rogue and getting busted from time to time doesn't help that much too.
Still having heaps of fun with the game, every run through the dark zone feels different, so much fun when you find some HE gear and so much tension when you are going to extract it...
And damn this game just looks incredible (except the constant texture pop in).
Might be the second time (after driveclub) that i purchase a season pass...

Kane1345

Has anyone encountered rogue cheaters in the dz on PS4? This guy kept shooting me from out of nowhere and killing me so I went after him with 2 other people. We found him at an extraction point and he literally disappeared when we started shooting at him and his symbol appeared 2-3 blocks away?? Got annoyed and left :/

Tecnniqe

Banned
Has anyone encountered rogue cheaters in the dz on PS4? This guy kept shooting me from out of nowhere and killing me so I went after him with 2 other people. We found him at an extraction point and he literally disappeared when we started shooting at him and his symbol appeared 2-3 blocks away?? Got annoyed and left :/

Sadly there are cheats on all platforms, only positive about locked down consoles is that its much harder.

Also exploits and lagswitch is a big thing in DZ now to fuck everything up.

Fistwell

There's a known glitch where you can get into the floor at the SE extraction point (near the gas station) and reappear blocks away. Dunno how to do it but heard of it and seen it a few times.

When did NYC get flying cars?

CfHNvLSUkAAIEzR.jpg:large

Sadly there are cheats on all platforms, only positive about locked down consoles is that its much harder.

Also exploits and lagswitch is a big thing in DZ now to fuck everything up.

Yes, there's a whole lot of cheating going on in the DZ currently:

1. Abusing the Rehabilitated talent on masks.
2. Glitching into safe room and shooting out of it.
3. DZ01 extraction no-clipping through the floor.
4. DZ04-05 contaminated area west of the map that players can glitch into.

Not ot mention the myriad of other bugs, glitches and exploits generally. The April 12th update should fix these....hopefully.

GmK

Neo Member
2 failed Lexington starts in a row

They'd better patch this on the 12th

Missions not starting (door/gate not opening) is an issue with the group leader and not with the game per so. The group leader needs to relog, it happens when he started and abandoned the mission before the current run - the game then assumes he is still active in the mission and won't open the door when restarting it.

With Lexington: If the group leader started the mission and then didn't kill the Rikers before they kill the hostage in front (e.g. because he waited for people to load in), then the mission counts as failed - but the same thing as above happens internally and the group leader needs to log out and back in.

Anyone on ps4 wanna try Warrengate challenging?

The_Hitcher89 on PSN

Wasted most of my PC trying to roll a gear mod onto my holster :(

Can gloves not have mod slots?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Start mission yourself -> make party open.

Now YOU'RE the asshole group leader.

when you go to your in game menu, go to "group management" once in there, look for "privacy" at the bottom. There you can set your game to open, friends only, or closed.
Thanks Bud. I'm really enjoying this game in spurts alone then I'll take in a friend or random for missions.

Smidget

Hey guys, total newbie playing just here and there, racking up a massive 7 or so hours so far level 11 lol

As far as crafting/buying weapons/mods/gear, I've been putting it all off and just trying to loot good stuff. Is this an OK strategy at this point in the game? I'm a digital hoarder in games is my biggest hangup and I don't like spending/using materials unless I really need to. Or am I putting myself behind a lot if the drops aren't happening?

Thanks!

Well since the game is boring as hell right now since I'm highly geared and everything is just a repetitive slog at this point I made my own fun.

Doing DZ with no HUD and only using pulse to find your way. A very good time indeed.

I really hope people keep playing but the April 12th patch and content will maybe last 1-2 weeks before Incursion is on mass farm mode and it's just back to grinding for the sets and other gear they add. With PS4 and PC getting the expansion 30 days later, it's going to be almost a 2 month gap between the Incursion update and the first expansion for those players. Idiot exclusivity will kill the game on those two platforms. Such an idiot move.

Xbox players here will get to do all the dirty work and then PC and PS4 players get to come in knowing what to do and not do in the new expansion. So I don't mind too much haha

Honestly tho, I just can't see myself grinding High End Division Tech for a chance at a decent roll. I hit DZ 50 yesterday and bought all the blueprints that mattered and nothing improved my stats. BOOOOOORING

darkwing

Well since the game is boring as hell right now since I'm highly geared and everything is just a repetitive slog at this point I made my own fun.

Doing DZ with no HUD and only using pulse to find your way. A very good time indeed.

I really hope people keep playing but the April 12th patch and content will maybe last 1-2 weeks before Incursion is on mass farm mode and it's just back to grinding for the sets and other gear they add. With PS4 and PC getting the expansion 30 days later, it's going to be almost a 2 month gap between the Incursion update and the first expansion for those players. Idiot exclusivity will kill the game on those two platforms. Such an idiot move.

Xbox players here will get to do all the dirty work and then PC and PS4 players get to come in knowing what to do and not do in the new expansion. So I don't mind too much haha

Honestly tho, I just can't see myself grinding High End Division Tech for a chance at a decent roll. I hit DZ 50 yesterday and bought all the blueprints that mattered and nothing improved my stats. BOOOOOORING

DT farming until Incursion then

Four guns are missing from my inventory when I logged in, all the mods from them are in the mod inventory. I think I'm done with this game for now.

Edit: The weapon mod that were equipped are bugged as well now. They can't be move into the vault, and they can't be dismantled.

Edit2: Sometime during the hard daily all the missing weapons reappeared in my inventory, with all the weapon mods put back where they had been equipped. I just don't know anymore.

bjaelke

Looks like the community managers got tired of the endless reposts over on the official forum.
In the interest of not putting down the same suggestions, please find a list of suggestions that has already been forwarded to the teams! Note: these aren't ordered by importance/likelihood of happening/section. It's just a random list.
  • Aim Toggle - ADS Toggle
  • Facial accessories - Hide
  • Glasses to act as cosmetic items
  • Speech loop in BoO (a.k.a. crying guy near crafting)
  • Exiting Game when kicked because of maintenance (currently no option to exit)
  • Be able to craft multiple items at the same time (particularly materials)
  • More Character Customization
  • Let players rebind Alt Key on PC
  • Clan support
  • Voice Indicator (indicator when you're using voice)
  • Battle Stats
  • Compare weapons without mods
  • Mission scaling
  • Lock Items for deconstruct/selling
  • More filter possibilities
  • Fast travel to Brooklyn
  • Inspect other player’s gear
  • Weapon skins to function as cosmetic items (not taking up space in inventory)
  • Buyback option at vendor
  • Preview cosmetic items in DZ, or have them not count toward DZ inventory
  • Option to save outfits (cosmetic)
  • Option to preview cosmetic items
  • Competitive team v team mode
  • Random world events to give love to lower level areas after endgame (random world bosses in low level areas for instance)
  • Sound indicator when group is found with matchmaking
  • Option for Class Setups (auto-equip, needing cooldown and out-of-combat qualifiers)
  • Make civilians drop weapon skins
  • Let weapon skins be used on multiple weapons (not single-use)
  • Vote kick for matchmade groups instead of leader's discretion
  • Hoodies with hoods up
  • Half-face masks such as bandanas, balaclavas

Please understand that while these suggestions have been made, by no means are they guaranteed to happen, or guaranteed to happen soon.

Hey guys, total newbie playing just here and there, racking up a massive 7 or so hours so far level 11 lol

As far as crafting/buying weapons/mods/gear, I've been putting it all off and just trying to loot good stuff. Is this an OK strategy at this point in the game? I'm a digital hoarder in games is my biggest hangup and I don't like spending/using materials unless I really need to. Or am I putting myself behind a lot if the drops aren't happening?

Thanks!

I'd suggest not crafting until level cap, level 30.

I got by just fine with only the stuff I looted. Deconstruct everything. Hoard away, fellow hoarder!

But if you really need a piece that is badly under leveled and you just aren't getting the drop, crafting a few here and there isn't going to hurt your stash's bottom line, since the main function of lower level mats will be to recycle into higher level mats.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Looks like the community managers got tired of the endless reposts over on the official forum.

Now's the time for everyone to accept that these changes are guaranteed and begin complaining when they haven't been implemented yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom