• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakely

I've been at the endgame for a week now and so far, it's been a boring slog.

Collecting Division Tech and slowly gaining XP to get to DZ 50 feels like an old-school grind. The Dark Zone feels tiny once you've been there for a while and gameplay consists of waiting for a named boss or DT box to respawn and hoping some other player doesn't beat you to it. It reminds me of EverQuest, when I played on Tallon Zek. Ok, so maybe that's an exaggeration.

Also, why isn't there a Challenge mode version for every single mission? There are only 15 missions to begin with, seeing the same four in rotation is ridiculous. It can't be that hard to swap all the red and purple enemies out with yellow ones, can it?

Rant over. I'm sure I'll keep playing, but this endgame needs work. Fast.

Is the cheating on console a big issue? We were farming for xp and PHNX credits last night in the DZ and ran into some dude that was sniping people from a building that was across the street from one of the rooftop extraction zones. We chased him down and began to unload flame and incendiary rounds and dude did not go down. He ended up taking all of us out.

EL CUCO

I was playing with El Cuco. I was falling asleep. He had to save my ass like 4 times. We were ambushed by rogues at an extraction point. I need to rest up and be ready for blood tonight. Time to make the streets safe again
Haha was fun, man. I hit 50 shortly after you left and rolled 5 turd MP5's.

SkylineRKR

Farmed Policy Academy boss and its so fucking boring. But first drop was a Superior FW M1A with Brutal and Intense. Its better than the one I used. Still not a single HE drop from bosses in 3 days of playing and grinding all end game content, I think this needs slight adjustments... not sure.

darkwing

Is the cheating on console a big issue? We were farming for xp and PHNX credits last night in the DZ and ran into some dude that was sniping people from a building that was across the street from one of the rooftop extraction zones. We chased him down and began to unload flame and incendiary rounds and dude did not go down. He ended up taking all of us out.

It's the game, lots of bugs/glitches that people exploit

Damn I need to look into a skill build like this. Have you done any damage calculations on what your equivalent dps would be with Smart Cover + pulse always active? I'm basically wondering if a build like this is clearly superior to one that prioritizes dps over skill

It DEFFFFFFFINETELY does way more damage than a build that priorities DPS.

My electric build, 90-100% crit shots with my Vector. Not to mention, these buffs impacts your whole team, and with the added bonus that smartcover negates almost 80 of incoming damage, while healing you at the same time, and reducing skill cooldown AND everyone else on the team decked out in DPS builds.
pX0yy8j.gif

mmmaaannnnnnn challenge mode is now a complete joke with this build. You don't even need to see numbers to see it's clearly the superior build. The gameplay speaks for itself.

When you're shrugging off shotgunners like dirt on your shoulder in challenge mode, and your team is dropping enemies in challenge mode as fast as they do in Hard mode, you don't need numbers or stats to tell you something's different.

When I get home, ima post up some pictures and gifs for comparison. Between my electric and DPS build with 172k vector.

Ushay

My electric build, 90-100% crit shots with my Vector. Not to mention, these buffs impacts your whole team, and with the added bonus that smartcover negates almost 80 of incoming damage, while healing you at the same time, and reducing skill cooldown AND everyone else on the team decked out in DPS builds.
pX0yy8j.gif

mmmaaannnnnnn challenge mode is now a complete joke with this build. You don't even need to see numbers to see it's clearly the superior build. The gameplay speaks for itself.

When you're shrugging off shotgunners like dirt on your shoulder in challenge mode, and your team is dropping enemies in challenge mode as fast as they do in Hard mode, you don't need numbers or stats to tell you something's different.

When I get home, ima post up some pictures and gifs for comparison. Between my electric and DPS build with 172k vector.

What are your stats with the skill build? I'm really interested in it at the moment, have 2 sets of gear specifically for this purpose. Is it viable solo too? Also what would the best DPS be for this build to take advantage of the skill increase.. 100k?

Also if anyone else is running a good Tech build please post, I'd love to compare/measure up to it.

Venom Fox

Banned
People going rogue with the rehab glitch and going out of bounds (which is super easy to do in one of the extraction points in DZ1) is running rampant on PS4.

Massive is going to be much faster at fixing exploits if they want to maintain a healthy community.
Out of bounds glitch? It mustn't be well known as I can't find any mention of it on the Internet.

pX0yy8j.gif

It's kind of silly that you can get your skills to have zero cooldown. Something isn't right.

Yeah I have blue prints for both the HE mag and muzzle. The mag gave me a nice one (100% boost) but the muzzle didn't and actually would lower my DPS :/ I should roll some more.

Dang I was just about to buy the muzzle. Keep me posted about future rolls. I was hoping I could get something to calm this beast down a little. If I repeatedly tap the trigger I drop people no problem but if you let it go full a, you're not hitting anyone.

GmK

Neo Member
Also, why isn't there a Challenge mode version for every single mission? There are only 15 missions to begin with, seeing the same four in rotation is ridiculous. It can't be that hard to swap all the red and purple enemies out with yellow ones, can it?

They have a dedicated team creating the CM versions of missions (the same team that is creating the Incursions). Since they adjust spawn patterns, etc., they do apparently need more time than simply 'make all red into yellows'. They have already done polls about which missions should be the next CMs, so let's see!

fr0st

Banned

pX0yy8j.gif

FYI most skills cap at 47k skill power. I have 42k right now and if it wasn't for the Caduceus needing more firearms I would've put on more skill power.
Also you can abuse skill power with talents such as triage and the explosion ones.

ChrisW

Getting sick of this inventory DPS bug, I had a look at a few other bags and masks and then went back to what I had and for some reason my DPS dropped from 160k to 135k I know it's all the same but I'm paranoid I've forgotten something

No thanks. This is one of the worst endgames ever. It's laughable how barren the DZ is of anything to do and it's the endgame area.

They promised there would be more to do in DZ for the final release when people complained during the beta and it was an outright lie.

People exploiting talents and such on consoles has made going rogue or fighting rogues unbelievably one sided. The game has a lot of sevre problems and going back to reviews for the game, they probably would have been even more harsh if they got to this endgame or kept playing to the point that the games balance has become a disaster.

People keep praising Massive but I won't. The DZ is basically still in beta and is a barren wasteland for content. Let's all run around looking for fucking chests while exploiters kill us silly. Boooooooring

The PvE area is also a huge waste of space after you finish the story and side missions. There would have been a great opportunity here for player retention to have something worthwhile for PvE players to do. Instead they're forced into the DZ is which an unbalanced nightmare. People who aren't hardcore are leaving the game en masse and you can see that here too.

I'm at almost 9 in game days played so I've gotten more than my money's worth.
"I hate this game but I'll still play it and complain about it endlessly just to continue being a broken record."

WavyStretch

Neo Member
Now 100% the second BoO and tell us how much time.

18 1/2 hours, did it while DZ death penalties were still harsh. If you are sweeping areas for side missions as you unlock them you are over leveled for story meaning you can smash through them, just need 2 medical missions from the second to last area, other than those the last 2 areas can be ignored as far as side and base missions go. 20 hours at the absolute most.

My alt is at 22 now. Aiming to hit 30 by this evening and start working on a STAM/ELECTRONICS build. My main will be DPS/STAM.

Need/want those instant cooldowns pls

"I hate this game but I'll still play it and complain about it endlessly just to continue being a broken record."

Sounds about right for an MMO-Lite type game. Destiny grew to be a better game because of the userbase voicing their opinions and suggestions. Sometimes just by talking about what they do and do not enjoy.

Can the mods please deal with the fact people can't discuss their feelings, opinions and suggestions with this game in this thread without being harassed by the same people all the time?

Anyone who has a differing opinion ends up in a heated battle with either wesleyshark or Grenadier and it's getting old. The two of them are buddies and play online on Xbox all the time so there is obvious ganging and it's not just me; I see it with plenty of people who have an opinion that doesn't align with their own. Not to mention they then go for personal attacks when no one originally ever attacked them, just expressing themselves in regards to the game. It goes from "The Division is this and that" from the OP to either one of them not rebutting the issues brought up but then going with snarky personal attacks like "you're a broken record". It's unnecessary. Either discuss the topic at hand or leave people alone.

People who enjoy the game and express their concerns can do so as they please. But the two of you seem to be on a defense force that's getting old.

The game isn't perfect. Accept it and the people who discuss it.

Sounds about right for an MMO-Lite type game. Destiny grew to be a better game because of the userbase voicing their opinions and suggestions. Sometimes just by talking about what they do and do not enjoy.

Can the mods please deal with the fact people can't discuss their feelings, opinions and suggestions with this game in this thread without being harassed by the same people all the time?

Anyone who has a differing opinion ends up in a heated battle with either wesleyshark or Grenadier and it's getting old. The two of them are buddies and play online on Xbox all the time so there is obvious ganging up all the time and it's not just me I see it with plenty of people who have an opinion that doesn't align with their own.

People who enjoy the game and express their concerns can do so as they please. But the two of you seem to be on a defense force that's getting old.

The game isn't perfect. Fucking accept it.
It's not a perfect game. Totally agree!

But you have been on repeat about how anything that doesn't cater to you specifically or feels level playing ground to your level isn't fair or means that the game is broken. Or that because you're bored it must mean that the dark zone is a failure. It's just odd.

Deku Tree

Yeah I agree the thread should be a place where you can fairly criticize the game without being attacked. Right now it doesn't always feel like you can do that in here. Opinions are good.

The game could use a lot of work. Long term it helps the game to criticize it.

Kadin

Yeah I agree the thread should be a place where you can fairly criticize the game without being attacked. Right now it doesn't always feel like you can do that in here. Opinions are good.

And there is a LOT to criticize too. I love the game but man is it full of problematic bugs along with terrible UI choices and lack of polish. The game itself is fun but I'm perfectly fine hearing people point out its shortcomings. I really hope they work on fixing the issues because my desire to keep playing is dropping off fast.

So I'm getting a weird stat glitch. I rolled a new mag, and swapped a mod on a piece of gear and my primary DPS went to 175k (75k Health, 16k Skill), Superior Lightwieght M4 (I still have an attribute of it to unlock 11% bonus against elites). When I drop it to a secondary it reduces significantly, which Im sure is because of some attribute of something. But when I move it back to primary the DPS stays low. 150kish... If I keep swapping back and forth repeatedly, it eventually goes back to 175k.

Hoping it's a weird glitch and not that my weapon shouldn't be at 175k. I'm really not sure what I swapped to make it jump from 146k to 175k.

So I posted this ^ weird issue I was having last night. I thought maybe it would fix itself today. I hopped on and noticed my Primary DPS was 150K. No biggy really, I farmed some tools and got a few weapons drops roaming around and noticed that what's mentioned above keeps happening. If I switch my primary to secondary and then back, the DPS shoots up to 175k. And stays that way unless I move something again. I can change it back to 150k by switching back and forth again, but do it a few times and it's back at 175k.

Am I missing something ???

So I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out gents. I've included a video now, to see if you guys can help me figure this thing out.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UWB8KSSZZxw

Here's a pic of it glitching into the primary at the proper DPS.

y3mY-Dj7E0gh63rvg-a9ecA42TFheKfMsNxdBWAi6MQDPNOQE0XkLYew_aNXCHqIoxllboDdvQXKRgF-CLVzX0ezDJkPb3_b6O4FeZmwjPapRfbJPa8XLliRbSBeYGTSApwo-BQYJB8vpl3MOd6BOgBIg

Kadin

So I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out gents. I've included a video now, to see if you guys can help me figure this thing out.
Video link isn't working. And the DPS sheet is all screwed up. I'll have it suddenly drop like 500 from my Firearms stat randomly for no apparent reason. Anything like this I'd simply attribute to being glitched.

deadduck

Can't recall the name, got it as a random drop from DZ. M45A something maybe..hits harder than the Damascus.

The M1911, requires a small under-barrel. Green blueprint or blue drop.

Blue small laser pointer is the best you can get. There is no purples or HE.

The tac, requires a small under-barrel. Green blueprint or blue drop.

Blue small laser pointer is the best. No purples or HE.

I know it requires a small under-barrel, I have a couple of small ones in my stash but they don't work with it. I even crafted a few green and blue ones but they didn't work either.

Can't we reserve the review thread for people who want to routinely criticize or praise the game though? It gets tiring coming in here to discuss strategy, share videos, stories, etc. but having to scroll through half a page at times when people are in a shouting contest over what they do and don't like. Yes there is broken shit in this game, but I and many others are looking past that and having a good time regardless.

I'm all for open opinions, but seems like this thread can be 50/50 between arguing and actually being useful for those playing the game.

Video link isn't working. And the DPS sheet is all screwed up. I'll have it suddenly drop like 500 from my Firearms stat randomly for no apparent reason. Anything like this I'd simply attribute to being glitched.

Having trouble getting it to embed, but the youtube link is there now. I can definitely tell the difference in gameplay between 150k and 175k. You can see I don't even move it, just select it and the DPS jumps back to where it was.

HMD

The M44 with explosive rounds is so overpowered, it's hilarious, I have so many 1v4 videos to upload. Downing people with a single body shot shouldn't be possible.

Can't we reserve the review thread for people who want to routinely criticize or praise the game though? It gets tiring coming in here to discuss strategy, share videos, stories, etc. but having to scroll through half a page at times when people are in a shouting contest over what they do and don't like. Yes there is broken shit in this game, but I and many others are looking past that and having a good time regardless.

I'm all for open opinions, but seems like this thread can be 50/50 between arguing and actually being useful for those playing the game.

Review threads are mainly filled with people who didn't actually play the game. Along with the fact that thread is long dead.

This is no different than any other OT for a game like this. Those shouting matches are fueld by other people. If people can't come to an OT to discuss their feelings and opinions on a game they've been playing for a month now then that is news to me.

The people who go for the personal attacks and create the unnecessary drama is what needs to stop. I've just started putting those people on my ignore list. Ignore me too. It's what it's there for :)

BlazinAm

Trying the powerplant on challenging is a pain in the ass right now. Popped into a group where one person already triggered the start of the mission so we were already down two people by the time I loaded in. And when you leave a group then try and match up with another one the gates are closed. I think I am down with the game for now.

Deku Tree

Review thread is about the reviews. Not about people who are playing the end game long term. Review threads also die after 2-3 weeks usually. IMO the OT isn't just about gameplay tips and LFG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom