• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tombstone or Unforgiven?

Tombstone or Unforgiven?

• Tombstone

• Unforgiven

Results are only viewable after voting.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I think Unforgiven is the better movie but Tombstone is a more entertaining. As weird as that sounds.

gow3isben

Tombstone is one of the greatest movies of all time

Entertainment is a huge factor for overall quality for me

Last edited:
I watched Unforgiven today for the first time after seeing this thread.

For me, Tombstone is the superior Western and it's not even close.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Tombstone is a fun movie (especially Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday) but Unforgiven is an all-time classic. There's no question as to which of the two I prefer.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
c9c685c1f076bed9e2fbf5b9ebeb115b.gif

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Only one way to decide.
Let's shoot some pheasant. I'll shoot for Unforgiven and you shoot for well...whomever.

I can watch Sam Elliot, Kurt Russel, Val Kilmer, and Michael Beihn in Tombstone all day. Hell, the teacup twirling response of Doc Holliday to Johnny Ringo's six shooter demonstration gets a laugh out of me every time. However, in Unforgiven Gene Hackman's Wild Bill being an arsehole act is so convincing just seeing him pisses me off. I have not been able to rewatch it.

Bulletzen72

Any fans of Open Range here? Costner and Robert Duvall and a very young Diego Luna. Annette Bening lookin p good too.

It's currently on Prime and has quickly become one of my favorite Westerns.
Open Range is a wonderful film. The acting and conversation between Costner and Duvall is an absolute delight! Great gunfight at the end too! It's a fantastic Western!

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Open Range is a wonderful film. The acting and conversation between Costner and Devall is an absolute delight! Great gunfight at the end too!

Dude it's so fucking good. The part where Duvall falls to the ground in that shack and then fires his double barrel at that dude blowing him backwards so hard he goes through the wall and slams up against the house next door was some real Walter Hill shit. And it was sped up in such a way to make it look that much more brutal. I came.

Costner is such a damn good director.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Any fans of Open Range here? Costner and Robert Duvall and a very young Diego Luna. Annette Bening lookin p good too.

It's currently on Prime and has quickly become one of my favorite Westerns.
That sudden escalation to outright war at the end was quite the shock when I saw it in theater. They played up Kim Coates as this ultimate bad guy and NOPE!

GREAT film. Costner ALWAYS delivers.

Soodanim

I think a mod needs to edit the title to include (Not a wrestling thread).

All I keep thinking is that it's a thread about Undertaker and the PPV

Top Bottom